Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - this was just posted on Facebook

Comments

• edited January 2022

@Edward_Alexander said:
    You know, in the menu, there’s “export” then just a few lines down, there’s “export audio”. If you use the later, you can export the whole “song”, or just the current pattern.

I’ve never had a problem with it. The exported material starts right at the beginning as expected.

Are y’all using the “export audio” option?

@jolico @0tolerance4silence

Both loop and song modes.

It does sometimes export properly when using only internal modules in simple setups.

Maybe it only does this under “heavy” load?
    eg. with Pure Acid, Hammerhead and Animoog Z together

Could be a combination of heavy apps pushing the device (iPhone 6S) to its limits, but not compensating correctly for the latency during rendering?

• Any new pics of its progress?

• We have a small update on the update

• looks like they've accidentally built a whole desktop-level daw on top of drambo

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    looks like they've accidentally built a whole desktop-level daw on top of drambo

You're not too wrong about that 😃

• @rs2000 said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    looks like they've accidentally built a whole desktop-level daw on top of drambo

You're not too wrong about that 😃

It's kind of incredible, just saying.

• idxidx
    edited February 2022

Hi guys, does anybody know developers point of view on releasing Drambo on Mac?
    Specifically on M1 Mac.
    Cannot find any info or comments around that. Thx.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@idx said:
    Specifically on M1 Mac.

You might want to ask that question over on the BeepStreet Forum. It might be more likely to get direct attention from the developer there.

• my god this is amazing

• I need to stop checking multiple times a day to see if there is an update cos I’m just slowly killing myself with anticipation but my hype is uncontainable

• edited February 2022

@idx said:
    Specifically on M1 Mac.

If you own it for the iPad, download it to your desktop and try it out. According to the macOS App Store, it'll work. This doesn't mean it'll work perfectly however.

• Do I see correctly that its no longer 8 tracks?

• @wawelt said:
    Do I see correctly that its no longer 8 tracks?

Never was limited to 8, if I read you right. You could always add more as needed.

• @aaronpc said:

@wawelt said:

Never was limited to 8, if I read you right. You could always add more as needed.

although it wasn’t the most obvious process

• So… Loopy hosted in Drambo, or Drambo hosted in Loopy?

• This update is not gonna free, is it?. It shouldn’t.
    Every time I go through these Drambo threads I feel guilty for extremely under-using it. Such a massive and well made app, just spectacular.

Personal craving/recommendation: Drambo could maybe include some “utility” stuff to make some things easier. I’m thinking choke groups or cv-to-notes, for example. These are pretty hard to figure out for CV noobs and take a while to set up. If utility stuff like this came out of the box it’d maybe attract more users.

• @NeuM said:

@idx said:
    Specifically on M1 Mac.

If you own it for the iPad, download it to your desktop and try it out. According to the macOS App Store, it'll work. This doesn't mean it'll work perfectly however.

It does work indeed. And it shows me how much the Mac could benefit from a touch screen.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@aaronpc said:

@wawelt said:

although it wasn’t the most obvious process

You can have up to 16 sequenced tracks and you can create more.
    There is a workaround discovered by @aleyas ages ago
    which was mentioned in the dRambo mega thread.
    The only caveat is that you can’t use the sequence track for those tracks directly though
    you can route audio to them and also use the CV sequencer and Gate+Velocity modules.
    When on the Main Track simply add more tracks after Track 8 using ,’Track’, which can be found here.

Screenshot from my iphone.

• @rs2000 said:

It does work indeed. And it shows me how much the Mac could benefit from a touch screen.

Hm, thanks! I did not found it at first time, I’m able to run it on Mac OS.

• can anyone say whether the new version requires the latest OS?

• @drewinnit said:
    can anyone say whether the new version requires the latest OS?

Same backward compatibility remains.

• @Lorichs said:
    We have a small update on the update

Ho ho, I see Gadget inspired view :)
    I like it

• @gregsmith said:
    So… Loopy hosted in Drambo, or Drambo hosted in Loopy?

Drambo is way more stable and efficient so probably loopy in Drambo?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@Lorichs said:
    We have a small update on the update

Ho ho, I see Gadget inspired view :)
    I like it

Bingo!

• Ooooohhhhh boy… so excite!

• @tahiche said:

Personal craving/recommendation: Drambo could maybe include some “utility” stuff to make some things easier. I’m thinking choke groups or cv-to-notes, for example. These are pretty hard to figure out for CV noobs and take a while to set up. If utility stuff like this came out of the box it’d maybe attract more users.

For choke groups i use the “Amp env AD mod” on the ex open hihat sample. Then i modulate the decay with gate from the closed Hihat track. It might not cover every need but it is pretty quick to make

• @Lorichs said:

@tahiche said:

For choke groups i use the “Amp env AD mod” on the ex open hihat sample. Then i modulate the decay with gate from the closed Hihat track. It might not cover every need but it is pretty quick to make

There are plenty of ways to work around it, but there shouldn't need to be. I agree with @tahiche on this one.