Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 is out!

1234568»

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

It was several months with iOS 14 before all the issues surfaced, and at least a couple with iOS 13. I keep track of these kind of things. ;)

But yeh, seems like a smoother transition than 13 or 14 so far.

"No reason not to upgrade." See, that's where I scratch my head over my different-ness. With me it's "No reason to upgrade so far." I just don't have that compulsion other than to try to eventually get to the latest known stable release at some reasonable point after release (like a couple of months or so).

I guess I'm just way different than most people. I was looking to see if there was any reason I'd overlooked. Thanks for your response. B)

• I don’t use my phone for music so I’ve upgraded that. Apart from a very few things that have (slightly irritatingly and IMO pointlessly changed) I can’t really tell the difference.

So I’m in no rush to upgrade my iPad.

• @Crabman said:

@AudioGus said:

@Crabman said:

@AudioGus said:

@Crabman said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, I would like that progress indicator…

Whatsthat?

Oh crap, did I dream that?

u mean this? https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/14/files-app-on-ipados-15-now-has-a-progress-bar-partial-ntfs-support-more/

nope,they left it out (for now?)

Left it out? Didn’t someone post video of a guy creaming his pants for two hours about it?

dunno,i tried to copy a folder from ipad to cloud and all i got was this small ball with a“progress circle“in it.Sorry don‘t know how to describe it better in english 😂 Maybe i should try it wth really BIG folders instead…?

Press the small circle once and the progress bars comes up. Works great, I use it daily with iOS15 when transferring videos from my camera to my iPad.

• There may also be some truth in what NeonSilicon mentioned in another thread... users, especially those focusing on music production are less eager to jump these days. Less users could be the reason for less feedback. My initial impression was good though, haven’t tested personally but it seems IAAs are now suffering more, which could mean sudden death at this point in some cases. Home screen personalisation is great from general use POV and AUs I’ve tried so far seemed ok.

• I'd say if there's no rush wait for iPadOS15.1 or something?!

I've got a few 'non music apps' that work fine on the iPhone 8 bur crash really hard (like the iPad reboots) on the iPad Air 2...
    ...some say a fresh restore will fix it but I don't want to loose FMEssentials.app as the store where I used to activate it no longer has any MXv2's available.

I'll wait for Apple to fix it as it's WIFID that crashes the entire system, so it's likely a WIFI bug when too many concurrent sessions are open at once, this due to 'optimized performance' of the app in question, and it doesn't care if the system can't handle the number of requests so either Apple fixes iPadOS wifi stack for older devices or the developer of the app adds a throttle function. (I'm quite sure the 'bug' will be fixed on either side on a week or two).

Cheers!

• Judging from the literally dozens of app updates I've gotten over the last week, all saying variations of "iOS 15 compatibility updates", I expect there are enough underlying changes that "everything seems to work fine" is maybe a little less true than it seems on the surface. Probably not things that are noticeable in most cases, but ... well ... I just don't see any reason to rush.

• @wim said:
    Judging from the literally dozens of app updates I've gotten over the last week, all saying variations of "iOS 15 compatibility updates", I expect there are enough underlying changes that "everything seems to work fine" is maybe a little less true than it seems on the surface. Probably not things that are noticeable in most cases, but ... well ... I just don't see any reason to rush.

Many of them are very likely 're-compiles' so they can take advantage of the new OS features and support for new screen sizes and screen refresh rates etc.

No needs to rush, for me the improved multi-tasking was one of the main reasons as well as being able to test a some upcoming apps that require it :sunglasses:

• edited February 2022

so, now that there's a critical security update for ios15 webkit, does anybody know if that's an issue in 14 too? I dont see a new ios 14 patch, is 14 already entirely abandoned? i thought there were gonna be security updates for a while.