Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 is out!

Comments

• @NeuM said:

>

Overall first impressions: This is a pretty thorough update and worth getting.

Most things work pretty well so far...
    ...I expect a few 'bumps' but no major 'show stoppers'.

• I don’t have the new Live Text and Visual Lookup on my iPhone 11. My iPad Pro 10.5” doesn’t meet the requirements but the iPhone got a A13 chipset so…🤷‍♂️

• New MacOS update gives you the new Safari look on the desktop now too.

• I wonder how much more RAM 15 uses? iPad Pro 10.5" here.

Is it going to be like iOS 9 for the iPad 2, making it almost unusable?

• Anyone use Cubasis with this?

• @Samu said:

@cyberheater said:
    Updating my phone just now. My iPad Pro 2nd Gen is not seeing the update.

Please let us know if you bump into the 'iPhone Storage Almost Full' thing on the iPhone.

The red notification badge on the System Settings is driving me bonkers especially knowing that I have over 25GB free on my 64GB iPhone 8 and it can NOT be disabled.

On the iPad Air 2 it's mostly been a smooth ride and I got back about 7 additional GB's of storage (I deleted a bunch of apps prior to the update and storage usage did NOT got down, but after the update it did).

Cheers!

Did you try a hard shutdown? I seem to remember getting this once in the past and that’s what I remember as the fix.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@ocelot said:
    I wonder how much more RAM 15 uses? iPad Pro 10.5" here.

Is it going to be like iOS 9 for the iPad 2, making it almost unusable?

I think @Samu would have noticed that on his Air 2 by now. But yeh, I got burned by iOS 9 too, so I'm hanging back for at least a couple of months before updating my Air 2. Not gonna make that "one iOS update too far" mistake again, but also not one of those who sticks to old updates once new versions are proven to my satisfaction.

• Apart from the ‘Storage Bug’ (ie. iPhone wrongly reports that the storage is almost full even with >25% free) that is only present on my iPhone 8 it’s been a smooth update so far.

Apps that support multi-tasking with the three dots can conflict wot UI elements in the same screen location (ie. the theee dots have touch priority).

So far every single audio app I’ve tested so far work as expected, AUv3’s and IAA.

Time will tell but it feels like an ok. update even on my old iPad Air 2.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Apart from the ‘Storage Bug’ (ie. iPhone wrongly reports that the storage is almost full even with >25% free) that is only present on my iPhone 8 it’s been a smooth update so far.

Apps that support multi-tasking with the three dots can conflict wot UI elements in the same screen location (ie. the theee dots have touch priority).

So far every single audio app I’ve tested so far work as expected, AUv3’s and IAA.

Time will tell but it feels like an ok. update even on my old iPad Air 2.

Cheers!

Stable is good. 👍

• Thank @Samu and wim.

The 3-dots looks like a problem, hopefully devs fix it in their apps that support it (multitasking).

How's Safari? Tabs need to reload more often? Curious about RAM usage vs iPadOS 14. (iPad 2 on iOS 9; Air 1/Mini 2 on iOS 12 sluggishness).

• I’m staying firmly on 14 but will watch with popcorn in hand all of the unfolding drama.

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

• @supadom said:
    I’m staying firmly on 14 but will watch with popcorn in hand all of the unfolding drama.

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

Overall, there’s no drama to speak of.

• @NeuM said:

@supadom said:
    I’m staying firmly on 14 but will watch with popcorn in hand all of the unfolding drama.

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

Glad you’re having a smooth ride.

• @supadom said:

@NeuM said:

@supadom said:

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

It's been remarkably uneventful so far, which is good news.

• No issues at all here on iPhone or iPad. Everything works as well as it did before.

• I’m very happy with 14 so I’m gonna stick but … good luck and enjoy 15 advance party

• edited September 2021

@NeuM said:

@supadom said:

@NeuM said:

@supadom said:

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

For the record: I don’t wish anything bad to anyone. Yet I’ve been making music on iOS long enough to know not to update for at least first 2-3 months unless owning multiple devices.

It’s not going as smooth for everyone. The dots at the top of the screen are causing issues and might write off older apps that are not well supported by their developers.

It also may take a while before well supported apps adapt

I can think of quite few apps that have transport controls at the top of the screen that will overlap with the new dock dots and will cause issues.

• @ocelot said:
    Thank @Samu and wim.

The 3-dots looks like a problem, hopefully devs fix it in their apps that support it (multitasking).

How's Safari? Tabs need to reload more often? Curious about RAM usage vs iPadOS 14. (iPad 2 on iOS 9; Air 1/Mini 2 on iOS 12 sluggishness).

I seldom have more than 2-3 tabs open (ok, when I visit forums I open every thread with new posts in a separate tab (this can sometimes be +30 or so) and have not noticed safari reloads, it might happen with heavier pages with lots of media content.

I also have a habit of 'swiping away' apps I don't use even though some say it should not matter...

Over all during the ~2 hour period this morning It's a smooth sail and about the same as 14.8 with some areas be a bit more 'fluid' and I'm really liking the Applinrary that now correctly sorts all music apps into a 'Music' folder and 'Betas' into a TestFlight folder etc. etc.

I'm still 'cleaning up' the home pages and keep only apps that I actually use easily accessible, no need to have folders with AUv3's visible on the screens when they are 'plug-ins' for the most part.

All my AUM, BM3, Cubasis, Gadget and other stuff work just as well as they did before, can't notice anything odd yet...

The 'three dot' multi-tasking thing can interfere with apps that have UI elements in the same position.

And well, my iPhone 8 hast the 'Storage Bug' where iOS complains that I'm almost out of storage with more than 25% free...
    (Hopefully 15.0.1 will drop very soon as I don't feel like doing a restore on it).

And well, Safari on bot iOS & iPadOS has a 'new look' and may need some customizing to 'get back to normal' :sunglasses:

• Sorry for laughing at all you scaredy cats who were afraid to update over the years. I got my just desserts, so hopefully that satisfies you.

• Are these page layout / folders improvements optional, meaning one has the option to retain the old familiar look?

• @supadom said:

@NeuM said:

@supadom said:

@NeuM said:

@supadom said:

Good luck!

🍿🍿🍿

For the record: I don’t wish anything bad to anyone. Yet I’ve been making music on iOS long enough to know not to update for at least first 2-3 months unless owning multiple devices.

It’s not going as smooth for everyone. The dots at the top of the screen are causing issues and might write off older apps that are not well supported by their developers.

It also may take a while before well supported apps adapt

I can think of quite few apps that have transport controls at the top of the screen that will overlap with the new dock dots and will cause issues.

That’s definitely recommended. Let the devs iron out the little glitches before you update.

• edited September 2021

@oat_phipps said:
    Sorry for laughing at all you scaredy cats who were afraid to update over the years. I got my just desserts, so hopefully that satisfies you.

Dude stop talking with cake in your mouth, can’t understand what you’re saying!!

People had real first world problems after updates, stop being light about it. Maybe you didn’t have any issues because the only app you ever use (Bebot) wasn’t affected.

🤪

• @oat_phipps said:
    Sorry for laughing at all you scaredy cats who were afraid to update over the years. I got my just desserts, so hopefully that satisfies you.

Hehe, my iPad Air 2 is rolling smooth with it, iPhone 8 has the by now pretty well known storage bug and I expect a 15.0.1 to roll out pretty darn fast as it's bad PR when people with 512GB phones to get the 'error' when they've got over 400GB free storage...

• Also updated my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.9" M1 to IOS 15. Tested a lot of apps, all working without any problem.

• @oat_phipps said:

What problem(s) did you hit?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Anyone use Cubasis with this?

@Samu

• edited September 2021

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@oat_phipps said:

What problem(s) did you hit?

Interface (Revolution) system playback volume wayyyyyyyy too low. A second interface I tried (Presonus 24c that I normally only use for MIDI) works just fine. Just gonna hold out hope a patch will come along within a couple weeks.

• @attakk said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Anyone use Cubasis with this?

@Samu

i have been on the iPadOS beta and also updated to the official release (iPad Pro 11 2018).
    No apparent issue in Cubasis 3.
    few crashes every now and then but related mostly to audio units.
    There was an issue with screen recording . if you had a DAW running and did a screen recording with ipad microphone on, you could hardly hear your voice in the video, but the official release seems to have fix that.

• No problems here, I’ve tried about half of my music apps so far and they’ve all worked fine. The only thing that bugs me with this new up date is the bookmarks in safari, why doesn’t it stay on your favourite bookmarks? Every time you reopen safari you have to click on bookmarks and then favourites to get to them. Only a small inconvenience I know but still bugs the hell out of me.

• No obvious issues with iconnectaudio4+ I've seen so far, tested on Air2.
    I still won't upgrade my Pro ipad until 15.3 or later probably as usual, just in case.