Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 is out!

Comments

• siri voice spoke my text from girlfriend without me even seting it up (i think) with my airpods2. i was half asle3p and it was wonderful!

• @oat_phipps said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Sorry for laughing at all you scaredy cats who were afraid to update over the years. I got my just desserts, so hopefully that satisfies you.

What problem(s) did you hit?

Interface (Revolution) system playback volume wayyyyyyyy too low. A second interface I tried (Presonus 24c that I normally only use for MIDI) works just fine. Just gonna hold out hope a patch will come along within a couple weeks.

I understood exact opposite from your earlier post.

Good luck sorting it out /sans sarcasm/ ;)

• @sbcfx said:
    siri voice spoke my text from girlfriend without me even seting it up (i think) with my airpods2. i was half asle3p and it was wonderful!

Siri is your girlfriend?!!!!

• on the side!

• edited September 2021

@sbcfx said:
    on the side!

I get it!

I guess your mind could bionically merge the two without them even knowing.

• By the way I still have the option to upgrade to 14.8, besides upgrading to 15.

• @Frank303 said:
    By the way I still have the option to upgrade to 14.8, besides upgrading to 15.

You should do one of the two updates. That security hole is pretty important to fill.

• @NeonSilicon yeah thanks, I realize that, but have limited data left, need to top up first 😊 Want to go straight to 15.

• So far not many issues, except the triple dot interface change is a bit of a pain with Drambo. If you want to turn on/off the looping you have to be pretty precise… I was only able to get it with my Apple Pencil which is a bit more accurate than my fingers. See area in red that I was able to click to sort out looping.

• @Frank303 said:
    @NeonSilicon yeah thanks, I realize that, but have limited data left, need to top up first 😊 Want to go straight to 15.

Yeah, I'm having to watch all my updates now for the rest of the month. I've updated Xcode twice already this month and I'm getting close. I hate data caps.

• Interestingly though… no triple dot issue in Cubasis. (As there are no triple dots there!). I assume this is due to something in the app development?

• @ik2000 said:
    Interestingly though… no triple dot issue in Cubasis. (As there are no triple dots there!). I assume this is due to something in the app development?

I think the 3-dots will only show in apps that support side-by-side, rollover or any other multi-app screen layout.

• @MadGav said:

@ik2000 said:
    Interestingly though… no triple dot issue in Cubasis. (As there are no triple dots there!). I assume this is due to something in the app development?

I think the 3-dots will only show in apps that support side-by-side, rollover or any other multi-app screen layout.

Yeah, makes sense. Be good if you could turn this off per app in iOS settings though. (Or have the ability to move the dots or reinstate old (v14) behaviour)

• @ik2000 said:

@MadGav said:

@ik2000 said:

Yeah, makes sense. Be good if you could turn this off per app in iOS settings though. (Or have the ability to move the dots or reinstate old (v14) behaviour)

Good idea! Unfortunately seems like a backward glance which just “isn’t Apple”.

• Even though the 'three dots' might irk some it's a very easy and handy way to do multi-tasking with apps that support split-view.

• @Samu said:
    Even though the 'three dots' might irk some it's a very easy and handy way to do multi-tasking with apps that support split-view.

I agree, it is much easier to use side by side view ( old way was a bit of a faff) but not that slick when it interferes with app components. But whether that’s on app developers or Apple is another question. Guess app developers have had access to beta for some time so well aware of the potential conflict.

Anyway, just have to work with it now, totally agree with @MadGav , Apple will not revert now.

• edited September 2021

@Samu said:
    Even though the 'three dots' might irk some it's a very easy and handy way to do multi-tasking with apps that support split-view.

Absolutely! Window arrangements were previously tricky to use and almost undiscoverable. Just in certain cases an opt-out could be advantageous.

On another front to avoid a second post - my wife has upgraded and found that OB-XD wouldn’t start stand-alone (I’m optimistic this will get fixed quickly) and iSEM is making no sound in Cubasis 3 (more worried). Edit: Just looked at iSEM again - UI not opening, just a black area.

• @MadGav said:
    On another front to avoid a second post - my wife has upgraded and found that OB-XD wouldn’t start stand-alone (I’m optimistic this will get fixed quickly) and iSEM is making no sound in Cubasis 3 (more worried). Edit: Just looked at iSEM again - UI not opening, just a black area.

Reinstalling might help these apps. If you find them in iPad Storage (in Settings–>General), you have the option to Offload, then Reload, which preserves data (e.g. presets), and that might help.

• I’m all sorted, I was just an idiot. Gotta turn that headphone volume up.

I take back my apology and those not updating are a pack of mangy dogs B)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Anyone use Cubasis with this?

Yes don’t see any issues…

• @blodline said:
    No problems here, I’ve tried about half of my music apps so far and they’ve all worked fine. The only thing that bugs me with this new up date is the bookmarks in safari, why doesn’t it stay on your favourite bookmarks? Every time you reopen safari you have to click on bookmarks and then favourites to get to them. Only a small inconvenience I know but still bugs the hell out of me.

Yeah, this is the only issue I have as well, though for me it’s with reading list in Safari.

• Amplitube does not open on iOS15, instant crash even with all permissions given. This is on an XSMax iPhone, no interface plugged in, haven’t checked iPad Pro. Can anyone else confirm if other IK apps (MixBox etc..) are working or crashing on iOS15, on iPhones or iPads? Seems like IK will be forced to develop app stability after the fact…

• Can anyone chime in regarding the new multitasking features and how they affect IAA apps.. can the new features augment or even improve stability and functionality of IAA apps?

Like for example, what if you could use split screen feature to mirror an IAA synth onto a different screen, etc… I’m interested in whether or not the new multitasking could improve workflow and stability, or will it ruin things instead…

• @ik2000 said:

Well, if your app doesn't allow split screen function, then the dots should not appear.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Amplitube does not open on iOS15, instant crash even with all permissions given. This is on an XSMax iPhone, no interface plugged in, haven’t checked iPad Pro. Can anyone else confirm if other IK apps (MixBox etc..) are working or crashing on iOS15, on iPhones or iPads? Seems like IK will be forced to develop app stability after the fact…

Although I really like MixBox CS, I'm finding that the rather costly desktop version of the software has occasionally severely damaged my GarageBand files to the point I have to revert to a Time Machine archived prior version to even be able to open GarageBand again. There is something seriously wrong with some of their software. I have to assume they are not following best practices in programming.

• @NeuM said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Amplitube does not open on iOS15, instant crash even with all permissions given. This is on an XSMax iPhone, no interface plugged in, haven’t checked iPad Pro. Can anyone else confirm if other IK apps (MixBox etc..) are working or crashing on iOS15, on iPhones or iPads? Seems like IK will be forced to develop app stability after the fact…

Although I really like MixBox CS, I'm finding that the rather costly desktop version of the software has occasionally severely damaged my GarageBand files to the point I have to revert to a Time Machine archived prior version to even be able to open GarageBand again. There is something seriously wrong with some of their software. I have to assume they are not following best practices in programming.

That (among other things) is why I don’t have any interest in being a customer anymore.

You would think that a developer with a larger team would be able to adequately test their software against a long-available beta and let customers know in advance if issues are found.

• edited September 2021

@michael_m said:

@NeuM said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

That (among other things) is why I don’t have any interest in being a customer anymore.

You would think that a developer with a larger team would be able to adequately test their software against a long-available beta and let customers know in advance if issues are found.

Fortunately, I have backups. If I lost any one-offs which would be difficult to replace, I'd be very, very angry.

• @NeuM said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I don’t use any of their products, except MixBox on iPad. Haven’t dealt with the desktop version, sorry you’re having issues with your GB files being ruined. I also have their iLoud MTMs. Although I think some of the modules in MixBox (Pultec, L2A2, etc..) are important and possibly the only game in town for those hardware emulations on iOS, for my next project I will string together all my favorite plugins again, instead of just slathering MixBox modules on everything. And as you say, audio fidelity and transparent functionality with programming are just as important. If there’s something “off” with the quality level or some dark art going on, it should be addressed. MixBox has too much going for it, it needs to be maintained, updated, improved. Even with that though, could it ever reach the quality of FabFilter apps or whatever top benchmark we have on iOS? With MixBox does the value and stunning scope of the app overshadow the lack of top shelf quality/fidelity?

With MixBox does the value and stunning scope of the app overshadow the lack of top shelf quality/fidelity?

I think the only thing missing in MixBox is oversampling. The filters especially are really bad for aliasing, but the saturator could also do with it. Other than that it's a great sounding app.

@NeuM said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I don’t use any of their products, except MixBox on iPad. Haven’t dealt with the desktop version, sorry you’re having issues with your GB files being ruined. I also have their iLoud MTMs. Although I think some of the modules in MixBox (Pultec, L2A2, etc..) are important and possibly the only game in town for those hardware emulations on iOS, for my next project I will string together all my favorite plugins again, instead of just slathering MixBox modules on everything. And as you say, audio fidelity and transparent functionality with programming are just as important. If there’s something “off” with the quality level or some dark art going on, it should be addressed. MixBox has too much going for it, it needs to be maintained, updated, improved. Even with that though, could it ever reach the quality of FabFilter apps or whatever top benchmark we have on iOS? With MixBox does the value and stunning scope of the app overshadow the lack of top shelf quality/fidelity?

Those are all questions which need to be addressed.