Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who is Drambo for? Who is it not for?

Comments

• @jonmoore
    Let me flip it around a little...
    Goes without saying that everything is just an opinion, none meant to offend, 8 times out of 10 I end up deleting my post because it would trigger someone...

Why would anyone blame D for offering solutions? It’s not for everyone, that’s clear, but if someone comes with a sophisticated request and D happens to have a solution, should it not be presented? On iOS many users don’t even remember the apps they own, so assuming most people have it installed is not far fetched...
    Your quote was from me... again, not meant to offend anyone, just looking for a peaceful way forward... I joined this forum because I thought I could help people with certain things, lately I rather keep it to myself, because as iOS grows more sophisticated issues coming up, while the average user becomes dumber and dumber expecting a ‘one click’ solution for everything (let me repeat, not meant to offend, this is a trend not only in music or iOS). You’re an experienced user (judging by your comments), you know that won’t work. iOS simplified things beyond anything imaginable 10 years ago, but just because it’s hidden away it doesn’t mean it’s simple. Some things are deep and complex and require time and understanding. D is deep, and we’re trying to help to understand it as we’re learning it along... I’m a fanboy, not because of some kind of personal gain or interest and not because the logo would look cool on a t-shirt... but because D offers solutions, focusing on things important to me and ignoring the bs.
    (though bs sells the best, so there has to be a compromise :D )

• I really like Drambo, a lot... but I generally use it minimally for now.
    I think it's a great groovebox and multipurpose app. But I tend to much favour miRack for modular building.

I like having more flexibilty with miRack and the included modules with different gui is more visually appealing to me and feels more like the real thing. I do get a bit tired of the monotonous visual style of Drambo and being stuck on these long thin lanes, but I think if you could scale the gui with more flexibility like Sunvox it could be on to a winner..

But the great thing is you can work with all of these apps together which is the benefit of modular apps. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    ...but I think if you could scale the gui with more flexibility like Sunvox...

Interesting that you mention SnuOxv.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/335172/#Comment_335172

@u0421793 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    If I recall the locals here insist it is pronounced "S_nV_x".

The logical criterion, or conceptual model, seems to have evolved as thus: If it is a thread actually about Sunvox, then we must refer to it by the full name Sunvox, for it is he.

If it is a thread about something totally different, but halfway through everybody looks at each other and realises they could have saved all the bother and just used Sunvox, but nobody's brave enough to want to be the first to mention this, then this classes as a special sub-case of Godwin's Law, in which our unique modified outcome states that all threads will eventually devolve into mentioning Sunvox.

This is why it is tip-toed around, nobody wants to just come straight out with it and say "of course you realise, if we'd actually started in sunvox instead…"

• @colonel_mustard said:

@Carnbot said:
    ...but I think if you could scale the gui with more flexibility like Sunvox...

Interesting that you mention SnuOxv.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/335172/#Comment_335172

@u0421793 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    If I recall the locals here insist it is pronounced "S_nV_x".

The logical criterion, or conceptual model, seems to have evolved as thus: If it is a thread actually about Sunvox, then we must refer to it by the full name Sunvox, for it is he.

If it is a thread about something totally different, but halfway through everybody looks at each other and realises they could have saved all the bother and just used Sunvox, but nobody's brave enough to want to be the first to mention this, then this classes as a special sub-case of Godwin's Law, in which our unique modified outcome states that all threads will eventually devolve into mentioning Sunvox.

This is why it is tip-toed around, nobody wants to just come straight out with it and say "of course you realise, if we'd actually started in sunvox instead…"

mentioning S____x must mean the thread must be nearly complete...

• I kinda look it at like this.
    Whilst waiting for a multi tap delay
    to drop I decided to put my own one together.
    16 delays with saturation, resonator,
    pan, flange and soon volume modulation
    per delay, I’m happy.
    Oh and I almost forgot, last night I added in
    a Buffer rescan module simply for the fun
    of it.
    I played guitar through it for about an hour non stop.

• @Carnbot said:
    I really like Drambo, a lot... but I generally use it minimally for now.
    I think it's a great groovebox and multipurpose app. But I tend to much favour miRack for modular building.

I like having more flexibilty with miRack and the included modules with different gui is more visually appealing to me and feels more like the real thing. I do get a bit tired of the monotonous visual style of Drambo and being stuck on these long thin lanes, but I think if you could scale the gui with more flexibility like Sunvox it could be on to a winner..

But the great thing is you can work with all of these apps together which is the benefit of modular apps. :)

Interesting, I found mirack too confusing, too many parts floating around and I had some graphic glitches while experience with Drambo was very linear and stable, even if I’ve been on the beta since v0.xx.

@Gravitas is onto something that I found to be true for me. I could wait for someone to code my dream app or I could make it in Drambo without the need for coding.

Anyway, this is just the beginning. Drambo is still a teenager. When Ableton first came out it was ugly and hardly anyone used it. Now it’s an industry standard for live performance. Just saying.

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

Interesting, I found mirack too confusing, too many parts floating around and I had some graphic glitches while experience with Drambo was very linear and stable, even if I’ve been on the beta since v0.xx.

@Gravitas is onto something that I found to be true for me. I could wait for someone to code my dream app or I could make it in Drambo without the need for coding.

Anyway, this is just the beginning. Drambo is still a teenager. When Ableton first came out it was ugly and hardly anyone used it. Now it’s an industry standard for live performance. Just saying.

Yeah it can be confusing, but there's a benefit to both approaches of these apps.
    I like the fact that I can build something in miRack, I'll get a good idea of what it will be like if I build (and operate it) in real life. So it's a good testing ground for Eurorack.
    I think the developer also mentioned he's planning a way of folding devices into compact modules, which will help reduce complexity too.

• @Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah it can be confusing, but there's a benefit to both approaches of these apps.
    I like the fact that I can build something in miRack, I'll get a good idea of what it will be like if I build (and operate it) in real life. So it's a good testing ground for Eurorack.
    I think the developer also mentioned he's planning a way of folding devices into compact modules, which will help reduce complexity too.

I also have MiRack and what I like about the combination of both
    dRambo and MiRack is the ability to communicate between the two.
    I'm much more comfortable with the sequencing and modulation
    in dRambo and I love the modules that MiRack provides.
    They are both modular after all.

One of the beta team is putting together MiRack modules and
    leaving them up on patchstorage providing easy access for users
    who have both.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I don't understand people spending their energy finding things Drambo can't do or isn't optimal for. There are lots of things for which it isn't the optimal tool...and so what? There are lots of things for which it is great. And it won't appeal to everyone..which also says nothing a about Drambo.

you are principal right. but I really donˋt understand why there is no easy way to record tracks like in AUM or at least the master-channel. i really love drambo but for such a great app a recording-option seems essential to me.

• @banalytic said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I don't understand people spending their energy finding things Drambo can't do or isn't optimal for. There are lots of things for which it isn't the optimal tool...and so what? There are lots of things for which it is great. And it won't appeal to everyone..which also says nothing a about Drambo.

you are principal right. but I really donˋt understand why there is no easy way to record tracks like in AUM or at least the master-channel. i really love drambo but for such a great app a recording-option seems essential to me.

I agree that it would be a great addition. I guess I wasn't clear in what I expressed. I wasn't suggesting that Drambo is a perfect app -- I just don't understand people who seem bitter about some people's enthusiasm for Drambo.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2021

I’ll leave this here for now.

This is part ii testing dRambo
    as a performance instrument.

Forgive the rawness of the sound
    I’ve yet to start shaping it as I have
    a few projects on the go.

It’s merely a soundcheck rather
    than a completed piece.

• edited September 2021

@ehehehe said:
    Stop talking, post examples, please. I want to like the flexibility, but even elektron boxes are more straight forward and yields cooler results than i've seen or heard so far. It's cool, no doubt, but also not for everyone, somewhat like sunvox, mirack, beatcutter, jamm pro and even aum.

I think you missed this post:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/995461/#Comment_995461

Everyone here does post examples and how to’s when recommending valid Drambo solutions or utilities to people seeking those answers. Whether it’s in the form of instructions, screen shots or screen recordings. Everyone I know here answers questions to their utmost, and offers valid and practical solutions.

Just to show I’m talking out of my ass, here’s an unlisted video I posted here, for a person wanting tempo synced and recordable XY pad CC automation (a specific and niche request). So I listed the details, and recorded a video showing musical and technical application of it.

Furthermore, if someone is asking for lists of synth apps with Steiner Parker filters, and the only response is Drambo, that’s no fault of Drambo for being the only IOS app that actually has the feature in question.
    So cut Drambo and it’s users some slack. The app is as capable as they say, and many of the users are too.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I just don't understand people who seem bitter about some people's enthusiasm for Drambo.

Bitter is such a harsh word.

More like "gently frustrated and amused by the cult-like pushing of Drambo as the solution to every problem raised in every thread".

But, hey, it's a big forum - lots of room for everybody and their opinons. Even mine...

• @ehehehe said:
    seem more like a circle jerk in-group thing

Username checks out.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

Kinda pisses me off to think that every time I list Drambo as a solution to a problem (usually alongside other possibilities) that I'm probably being considered a fanboy.

I don't give a crap what app provides a solution. A solution is a solution. If something like Drambo or Mozaic solves a lot of problems it's gonna get mentioned often. Deal with it.

People sure get creative with what to be offended about these days. :| (Yes, I'm pointing a finger at myself right now too. 😂)

• edited September 2021

@wim said:
    People sure get creative with what to be offended about these days. :| (Yes, I'm pointing a finger at myself right now too. 😂)

I'm offended by you being offended! :wink:

Now it's your turn - you can be offended by me being offened by you being offended. Then it's my turn. And so on.

This is kinda fun - more like a playground game than an argument. (I think lockdown has given me too much time on my hands) :smiley:

• Where are all of these bitter, offended people? I feel like I've missed something.

To me, it's kind of like when a friend/associate goes on a new diet and emphatically shares how it changed their life and tries to convince you to do the same. Not saying all Drambros are like that. But yeah...

• @wim said:
    Kinda pisses me off to think that every time I list Drambo as a solution to a problem (usually alongside other possibilities) that I'm probably being considered a fanboy.

For what it's worth, I don't think anybody here thinks of you as a fanboy. You are one of the more knowledgeable people on the forum who contributes a lot.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

ooohhh @telecharge that's a no-no. You're supposed to validate my victimhood. My therapist says so.

• @Simon said:

@wim said:

For what it's worth, I don't think anybody here thinks of you as a fanboy. You are one of the more knowledgeable people on the forum who contributes a lot.

Don't worry. I don't actually give a crap. 😂

• @wim said:
    Don't worry. I don't actually give a crap. 😂

We also value your delicate sensability :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

Shut up dickhead.

;)

• @wim said:
    ooohhh @telecharge that's a no-no. You're supposed to validate my victimhood.

+1 to what @SImon says

• Can drambo fix modstep? Id like to start using it again.

• @ehehehe said:
    After realizing that it supports AUs i was intrigued, because i find the oscillators pretty boring. I prefer a more traditional FX chain within a proper daw, and the amount of talk about possibilities seem more like a circle jerk in-group thing than possibilities from a real tool. Stop talking, post examples, please. I want to like the flexibility, but even elektron boxes are more straight forward and yields cooler results than i've seen or heard so far. It's cool, no doubt, but also not for everyone, somewhat like sunvox, mirack, beatcutter, jamm pro and even aum.

I am a fan of Drambo but it took me months to really dive in properly and become a DramBro.

Am I doing anything special with it that I couldn’t have done before with other apps? No

Am I working on tracks for hours without frustration in Drambo? Yes and that’s what I love about it. I stay in a good music-making mood when I use it and am less prone to doing experiments that lead to nowhere.

• Drambros and foes unite. As long as there’s workarounds and solution. Haven’t we suffered enough in other conflicts.

For me Drambo was the answer to a lot of functionality that I have missed or desired on iOS music production. Besides an Auv3 clip launcher that’s in the pipeline but we have Koala and it’s glorious.

What if Drambo is actually Octatrack and Euro Rack having an orgy with an iPad on steroids?

Can’t imagine any hardware replacement in one unit

• @ehehehe said:
    After realizing that it supports AUs i was intrigued, because i find the oscillators pretty boring. I prefer a more traditional FX chain within a proper daw, and the amount of talk about possibilities seem more like a circle jerk in-group thing than possibilities from a real tool. Stop talking, post examples, please. I want to like the flexibility, but even elektron boxes are more straight forward and yields cooler results than i've seen or heard so far. It's cool, no doubt, but also not for everyone, somewhat like sunvox, mirack, beatcutter, jamm pro and even aum.

Two things stand out for me in this post:

1. ‘Oscillators are boring’
    2. ‘Stop talking, post examples‘… ‘elektron boxes are more straight forward and yields cooler results than i've seen or heard so far’

I think you should get an Elektron box.

• @telecharge said:
    Where are all of these bitter, offended people? I feel like I've missed something.

To me, it's kind of like when a friend/associate goes on a new diet and emphatically shares how it changed their life and tries to convince you to do the same. Not saying all Drambros are like that.

To me it sounds like you (generic you) go to see a friend to ask for an advice/solution to a problem and when that is given based on their personal experience you feel like they’re trying to push their ideas onto you.

The fact that this generates such strong emotions means that the D-virus is continuing to spread. It’s only a matter of time before….

Any publicity is good publicity, at least in this case.