Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone else a bit sorry for ditching Gadget?

12346»

Comments

• @Littlewoodg said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    when Bitwig added the option to import Ableton Live projects (and Gadget exports both midi and audio Ableton Live files) my Gadget appreciation was renewed.

the appreciation was already there, im a Korg fan and a completist, so I have the full set of toys and banks. Im having some fun on both platforms now.

I have the full Gadget set as well. It was worth the investment for me. :) If I ever do return to a desktop/laptop environment, I may invest in Bitwig or Live just to try this out.

Im glad also to have invested in the full roster
    It’s tons of fun.

Definite facts!

Bitwig is also inspiring for me like Gadget-
    I recommend it highly. its one of many (too many!?) toy boxes Ive invested in, i use it with touch interface, and i can wander in it for hours.

Man, I almost had GAS for a new laptop for a second there, lol. I hope Bitwig makes it to iOS, but I doubt it. Would be great to have a "full DAW" on iPad, but my current set-up gets me to where I want to go just fine. :)

throwing a Gadget sketch in there is a great way to get going

(and of course i’ll return to a self contained FLSM as often. what a lovely array of goodies on the platform)

AH YES, I love FLSM! It's what I exclusively use on my iPhone. :)

• @rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

@rs2000 said:
    By the way, MIDI Clock worked well with both my Quiccos and MD-BT01 on the Digitakt.

weird, maybe mine is broken

Like said, check your Digitakt MIDI settings.

Checked that, there is just receiving enabled (and in NS2 just to be sure i enabled just sending) ..

there is for sure no problem on digitakt or ipad side cause just switching from bluetooth to cable solves problem and clock is rock solid ..

• I never clicked with Gadget. For whatever reason.

• @dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

@rs2000 said:
    By the way, MIDI Clock worked well with both my Quiccos and MD-BT01 on the Digitakt.

weird, maybe mine is broken

Like said, check your Digitakt MIDI settings.

Checked that, there is just receiving enabled (and in NS2 just to be sure i enabled just sending) ..

there is for sure no problem on digitakt or ipad side cause just switching from bluetooth to cable solves problem and clock is rock solid ..

Sounds like an issue with your dongles then. I can sync over BT dongles with up to 999bpm so it does work here.

• When I got Gadget, I very quickly ended up making around ten new songs because it was a very different environment and I seem to like novelty… plus it really IS a fun environment, especially with the options for the Gadgets’ keyboards.

Then, there they sat on my iPad for months, so I exported the tracks as audio… a little before Korg released the Mac plugin suite.

I bought the plugins and exported all my Gadget songs to MIDI tracks and into Logic, using the Gadget plugins there. I ended up revamping a lot of them and adding to them inside Logic.

The only problem was finding equivalents to the Gadget FX, which was a struggle. They’re not specifically special, but they’re unique. It took a third-party bit crusher plug-in to replace the Gadget one.

Then I archived and deleted all my Gadget projects from the iPad to start fresh… and never did a thing more in it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I own most of the IAP Gadgets and Korg iOS apps and I hope they keep them maintained. At this point, my only gripe is the lack of everything Korg supporting AU3.

This thread has me thinking about revisiting Gadget. It definitely inspired me to make different music from what I’d been doing in Logic. The last time I had that kind of stylistic shift was when I went from trackers to MIDI and synths, ages prior.

• Loved the ease of sound design in Gadget; hated its timeline/arranger which I found to be incredibly restrictive coming from a long-long-time Cubase background (all the way back to the Atari days…).

I started & finished 2 tracks with Gadget that felt like I was always fighting with the timeline/arrangement process - it wasn’t a particularly enjoyable process for me if I’m honest.

NS2 came out, haven’t opened Gadget since. I don’t feel guilty about that.

• Whenever I jump back into Gadget I’m
    amazed how quickly I can sketch a great idea out. Really wish they updated it with some exciting new Gadgets and/or robust features instead of only dropping sound expansions for it which are great but it’s called Gadget. We need new gadgets in it. Also wish that all of the IAP sounds for the Korg Module Pro such as KApro Cinematic sounds were accessible in the Mac version of Gadget. Those sounds are excellent quality.

• This inspired me to dive back into Gadget again and I forgot just how much I love this app. It really is a great one.