Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Learn, AUv3 Multi Out & Much More | Cubasis 3.3 and Galactic May Sale available

Comments

• @LFS said:

Hi @Samu,

Good to see you're up and well, and have added some comments for future feature wishes... :)

Thanks, I'm guessing the 'Sampler AUv3's' could potentially exploit the side-chain option for sampling...
    ...could be wishful thinking but technically it should be somewhat doable?!

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating - greatly appreciated!

My pleasure, even though I can be a bit 'harsh' at times it's always with good intent on improving the app(s) :)

Take Care,
    /Samuel

• @LFS said:

@McD said:
    Wow. Just in time for a 16GB iPad with 2TB of storage and an M1 processor. Perfect timing. We are on the cusp of a new era. Is Cubasis 3.3 M1 Mac supported? Probably not given the Cubase marketing conflict.

I went to the Apple Store today and the new iPad's are in yet. I only went there because I was sent to pick up See's Candy for gifts. Probably good that they weren't in yet... credit card handy.

Hi @McD,

As of yet, Cubasis is exclusively available on iOS and Android.
    Indeed, the new iPad Pro looks stunning...

Best,
    Lars

Great update, will need to spend some time on the videos today but am excited for midi routing 😊

Thinking about Mac M1, I understand that there could be an impact on desktop sales but the price isn’t too far off Elements with the IAPs.
    I wonder if there could also be an upgrade path from registering the mobile app to your account to getting a discount on Artist/Pro.

• How is the stability of Cubasis 3.x these days? I bought it fairly early on and had to refund due to hitting multiple crashes within a few minutes of using it. I hear it is more stable now so perhaps now is the time to give it another spin, are any power users able to give their opinion?

• @GrimLucky said:
    Lars

Great update, will need to spend some time on the videos today but am excited for midi routing 😊

This made me giggle :smiley:

• @Samu said:

@GrimLucky said:
    Lars

This made me giggle :smiley:

I might have to break out the singing voice if I can sound like that now 😁

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

For those of you who prefer to read about the new features in learning how to use them, please feel free to check out our Cubasis 3.3 Online Help Updates…

https://steinberg.help/apps-manuals/cubasis/cubasis-3/

• Awesome stuff !

• @LFS said:

@Iskander said:
    That‘s a really impressive update. Many thanks to the Cubasis Team.

Would it be possible to add 2 profiles for my controller-devices:

• Korg nanoKONTROL Studio
    • Steinberg CC121

That would be great.

Hi @Iskander,

Thanks for your message.

Sure, it is possible to use two controllers at once. However the CC121 does not offer class compliant compatibility unfortunately.

Please make sure not to miss on our dedicated Cubasis 3.3 tutorials, to learn more how to quickly use the new features, and what options are available.

Here you can check out Dom showing MIDI Learn, MCU and HUI support.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Hi @Iskander, Hi all,

Some more precise information about the CC121 support, provided by our engineering:

The CC121 draws more power from USB than most mobile devices can handle.

It can connect to some iOS devices (iPad Pro and possibly others), but doesn’t work on Android.

If it connects and if you enable its MIDI ports in Cubasis under Setup / MIDI / Mackie, the fader and knob control volume and pan of track 1, mute etc. buttons control track 1, and the transport buttons work.
    However, the Channel Select buttons don’t work with Cubasis, and neither do the other knobs and buttons, unfortunately.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• Great update!

• Cool update might have get a new controller.

• After 5 years away from 'mobile' music production (originally using Caustic on Android since 2012, followed by FL Studio on PC since 2016), the desire to return to portable production became too great, and I have pre-ordered a new M1 iPad Pro along with the 'Korg nanoKey Studio' MIDI controller.

Following extensive research of iOS DAW's, I'd finally decided on Cubasis 3 (particularly due to the multi-core support), but after buying the nanoKey, I was a little disheartened to discover MIDI Controller support/MIDI learn wasn't available in Cubasis 3 (and have read numerous posts from Lars to say "we're working on it"!).

This update has therefore made my day! Built in side-chaining and AUv3 multi-out support is just the icing on the cake - I can't wait to get stuck in!

Being new to the iOS world, is there any way to take advantage of the Cubasis 3 sale, without owning an iOS device yet?! The iPad isn't due to arrive until the end of the month...

• @DanSebPage said:
    After 5 years away from 'mobile' music production (originally using Caustic on Android since 2012, followed by FL Studio on PC since 2016), the desire to return to portable production became too great, and I have pre-ordered a new M1 iPad Pro along with the 'Korg nanoKey Studio' MIDI controller.

Following extensive research of iOS DAW's, I'd finally decided on Cubasis 3 (particularly due to the multi-core support), but after buying the nanoKey, I was a little disheartened to discover MIDI Controller support/MIDI learn wasn't available in Cubasis 3 (and have read numerous posts from Lars to say "we're working on it"!).

This update has therefore made my day! Built in side-chaining and AUv3 multi-out support is just the icing on the cake - I can't wait to get stuck in!

Being new to the iOS world, is there any way to take advantage of the Cubasis 3 sale, without owning an iOS device yet?! The iPad isn't due to arrive until the end of the month...

Hello fellow Single Cell Software refugee!

I too was Caustic on Android since 2012.

If you have a friend or family member on iOS ask them to buy Cubasis for you and gift it to you. Obviously then just pay them back. This is what I did a couple of year ago when I made the decision to switch but hadn't got my iPad yet.

• Since the new M1 iPads got mentioned, is it even clear, that Cubasis is compatible with the new architecture?

• Hi everyone. I will be doing a giveaway of Cubasis 3.3 codes.
    Please tag me here if you need one. Will choose the winners in a couple of days

• @LFS said:

@Paa89 said:
    These are additional videos of Cubasis 3.3.
    Hope you find them useful 💪🏾💪🏾
    Paako

WOW 😮 This is excellent!
    Thank you very much @Paa89

☺️ I hope someone finds them useful

• @Thames1990 said:
    Since the new M1 iPads got mentioned, is it even clear, that Cubasis is compatible with the new architecture?

Don't worry. The M1 is basically the same CPU architecture as the Axx processors. I expect everything to run on it. Well, I guess some Apps will probably have problems but I expect not many. Apple would be crazy to do different.

• Impressive features list. Thanks Lars and the Cubasis team. You are great guys.

• @FPC said:

Hello fellow Single Cell Software refugee!

I too was Caustic on Android since 2012.

If you have a friend or family member on iOS ask them to buy Cubasis for you and gift it to you. Obviously then just pay them back. This is what I did a couple of year ago when I made the decision to switch but hadn't got my iPad yet.

Hey FPC, I do actually remember you from the Single Cell forums in the early days - I remember you commenting on my tracks in 'Show & Tell'! I look back on that period with very fond memories, it was great being a part of that community and watching the app develop (that feeling of nostalgia towards Caustic is probably heavily influencing my decision get back into mobile music production now I think about it!)

Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea. I might even see if any mates have an old unused iPad kicking around that I could borrow temporarily, as I now notice most of the in-app purchases are also on sale (and gifting in-app purchases is probably not quite as easy/possible). I'm guessing I could then log in and make all the purchases on my Apple account, hand the tablet back, and they'd show up in my account when the new iPad arrives (anything to save a few quid!)

• Just made my first steps with the new features during my lunch break... Really great stuff but one thing I struggled with. I could not manage to MIDI learn an AUv3 synth. For me it just works with the Steinberg plugins... What do I do wrong?

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2021

@krassmann said:
    Just made my first steps with the new features during my lunch break... Really great stuff but one thing I struggled with. I could not manage to MIDI learn an AUv3 synth. For me it just works with the Steinberg plugins... What do I do wrong?

Hi @krassmann,

MIDI Learn, MCU and HUI are limited to the features of Cubasis.
    However, if AU plug-ins support the feature themselves (such as BeepStreets Zeon etc.), it can be easily used on top.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• Brilliant, this! Thanks very much indeed.

• edited May 2021

In relation to MIDI Learn: be aware to turn off MIDI learn in the FabFilter plugins especially if you are using the sidechain signal in them. Otherwise when you mixdown or freeze a track they are inserted on you will end up with silence on that track.

• edited May 2021

Me thinks multi device is critical as we move along, and Ableton Link is the glue to link it all together.. Hope Cubasis implements it one day..

Looks nice..

• edited May 2021

@LFS said:

@krassmann said:
    Just made my first steps with the new features during my lunch break... Really great stuff but one thing I struggled with. I could not manage to MIDI learn an AUv3 synth. For me it just works with the Steinberg plugins... What do I do wrong?

Hi @krassmann,

However, if AU plug-ins support the feature themselves (such as BeepStreets Zeon etc.), it can be easily used on top.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

So, that means I have to rely on the native MIDI learn of the AU and the parameters exposed by the AU can not be used for the CB3 MIDI learn, right? So AUs that do expose parameters but do not have a native MIDI learn can not be controlled with a controller, correct?

• @krassmann said:

@LFS said:

@krassmann said:

Hi @krassmann,

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

So, that means I have to rely on the native MIDI learn of the AU and the parameters exposed by the AU can not be used for the CB3 MIDI learn, right? So AUs that do expose parameters but do not have a native MIDI learn can not be controlled with a controller, correct?

Correct!

• Love the new update :) quick Question: I’d there a way to set a key to the pads/piano so you always play in key? Or is this only possible through midi auv3?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Love the new update :) quick Question: I’d there a way to set a key to the pads/piano so you always play in key? Or is this only possible through midi auv3?

Hi @Jusch1995,

Cubasis supports to use AU MIDI plug-ins.
    Sounds this could be a perfect route to go here...

Best,
    Lars

• @israelite said:
    Impressive features list. Thanks Lars and the Cubasis team. You are great guys.

Yes, the force is strong with these Cubasis Jedis... :)

Indeed, it's a great small team who put in lots of efforts, heart and soul, evenings and weekends, in making all this possible and keeping the deadlines!

Thank you!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@krassmann said:

@LFS said:

@krassmann said:

Hi @krassmann,

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Correct!

Okay, got it. Then this would be on top of my wishlist for Cubasis 3.4: MIDI learn for parameters exposed by the AUs. Look how AUM did that: the little MIDI learn button in the AU window. AUM also managed a visual MIDI learn although AUM doesn't know the UI.

Many popular AUs do not have a native MIDI learn, e.g. most Bram Bos plugins. Not being able to hardware control them is a pity. So this would great to have this in one of the next releases. For now there is at least the automation.

Anyway, I'm really excited about update and I think I will now use Cubasis as my main music app.