Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would you like to see as AUv3?

Comments

• Group the Loop!

• Korg and IK Multimedia stuff. Arturia too.

• Patterning 2 x 1,000,000 😎

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    AUv3 hosts. Curious to know how it would break the fabric of spacetime.

Sector would be amazing, likewise Patterning 3 (yes).

Unfortunately that's not possible. AUv3's can't host AUv3's. They'd be hosts that can't host anything.

• @wim said:

@SpartanClownTide said:

Unfortunately that's not possible. AUv3's can't host AUv3's. They'd be hosts that can't host anything.

We need AuV4 with “fractal track-freeze” technology to be invented ASAP.

• @Philh0954 said:
    Group the Loop!

That would be awesome!

• edited January 2021

Oscilab

Plus all the Korg apps obviously

• edited January 2021

@jolico said:

@wim said:

@SpartanClownTide said:

We need AuV4 with “fractal track-freeze” technology to be invented ASAP.

Hopefully the new iPad 90 gen will get integrated quantum entanglement embedded in its goto chips. Though an infinite bed of Blackhole reverb would probably sound much the same.

• Agree what @rs2000 is suggested here / KORG ODYSSEi - great sounding synth-app from KORG inc!

• ELASTIC DRUMS!!!

Sorry to shout but this app is so close to being the cream of the crop. It makes amazing sounds - both synth and sampler - and has a brilliant sequencer. But it is such a pain to recall sessions in AUM.

After Elastic FX and their involvement in Flip, I guess the developer just doesn’t see the need for AUv3 so I’m not holding out much hope. Mega missed opportunity #2 (after Patterning 2).

• Samplr, korg apps (but full AUs not gadgets) ,gadget itself, and master record / fieldscaper

• Sorry for being somehow off-topic, but reading this post raised a doubt. If IAA is disappearing... how will we route DAWs and other standalone apps with AUM?. I’m guessing it’s IAA support that enables routing in AUM for some (BM3, Auria, Cubasis) and not others (Zenbeats). Right?

• @gusgranite said:
    ELASTIC DRUMS!!!

Sorry to shout but this app is so close to being the cream of the crop. It makes amazing sounds - both synth and sampler - and has a brilliant sequencer. But it is such a pain to recall sessions in AUM.

After Elastic FX and their involvement in Flip, I guess the developer just doesn’t see the need for AUv3 so I’m not holding out much hope. Mega missed opportunity #2 (after Patterning 2).

Definitely! I go back to it every now and then, and forget how good it is.

• @gusgranite said:
    ELASTIC DRUMS!!!

AUv3 for Flip is on the radar last I asked, so at least there’s that.

• wimwim
    edited January 2021

@tahiche said:
    Sorry for being somehow off-topic, but reading this post raised a doubt. If IAA is disappearing... how will we route DAWs and other standalone apps with AUM?. I’m guessing it’s IAA support that enables routing in AUM for some (BM3, Auria, Cubasis) and not others (Zenbeats). Right?

You're correct. There's no substitute for IAA routing, so when it dies, that is a problem. However, Audiobus enabled this kind of routing before IAA and, according to earlier comments by @Michael, will do so after IAA goes away, as long as apps implement Audiobus compatibility.

Alternatively, one could choose not to upgrade devices to whatever future version that (if ever) fails to support IAA. That would mean no app upgrades either, so it would have to be a complete freeze.

• Most of these have been mentioned but I'd love these to be AUV3:

Blocs Wave
    Groovebox
    Animoog
    Sampletank
    Bias Fx/Bias Amp
    Amplitube
    Polychord

• TAL-Sampler, Obsidian, Patterning 2, the BM3 sampler, Samplr, iWAVESTATION, iM1, ODYSSEi, everything in Roland Cloud, all of Igor Vasiliev's old apps, everything I ever bought and won't be able to use when the mandatory nagging updates get to me. Oh, and Nave.

• Patterning seems to be coming up a lot.

• iWavestation (in fact all the Korg synths),

Waldorf Nave

• edited January 2021

patterning
    borderlands
    samplr
    polyphase

im1
    iwavestation

all TAL apps

• Lumbeats apps.

AUM isn’t an AUv3 and it’s really having an impact on my workflow as well :P I”m not serious about the last one.

• Guitarism

• wimwim
    edited January 2021

Patterning. Though Drambo is kinda, sorta, filling the gap.
    iElectribe too. Drum Computer is in that territory, but there's no real substitute for iElectribe.

I remember the crap some of us took back when we expressed disappointment that Patterning 2 wouldn't be AUv3. Seems times have changed.

• My vote, at least for old stuff was for 'willing to pay again'. For new stuff, my advice would be, if you want to make an iOS app, learn how to make it AU and then put it out.

When it comes to rewriting old apps, apart from anything, the fact is that this must really feel like a slog for a developer. I know I really wouldn't enjoy the process of going back and redoing old vids. It must surely be more fun to work on a new app than to redo an old one. Particularly given also the infamous lack of Apple documentation on the AU protocol, it must make it very stressful and frustrating to program your first AU app.

• @wim said:
    Patterning. Though Drambo is kinda, sorta, filling the gap.
    iElectribe too. Drum Computer is in that territory, but there's no real substitute for iElectribe.

I remember the crap some of us took back when we expressed disappointment that Patterning 2 wouldn't be AUv3. Seems times have changed.

I know I would use iElectribe more if it was AUv3.

• All Korg synths that aren’t AUV3 and Nave, I wish Thor had been an audio unit

• edited January 2021

Sampler
    DM1
    DM2
    Korg Gadget - how cool would it be to use each individual synth/drum machine as an AUv3...
    AK Synth One
    Patterning 1 and 2 and iPhone version
    Orphino
    SDS-x
    Guitarism
    Guitar Capo +
    Elastic FX
    Grain Processor
    Bent.fm
    Echo Pitch
    Chordion
    Navichord