Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would you like to see as AUv3?

With the clock running down on IAA, there are apps that may stop working in the future that I’d like to continue using.

What would you like to see updated to AUv3? There are quite a few for me, but wondered what the most popular are with everyone else.

Maybe some devs can weigh in on this if they have plans to make updates?

Comments

• Basically....all! As I’ve been using Polyphase a lot recently, I’ll pick that as first choice. And Piano Motifs for sure!

• I’d love to see Sector updated - love what you can do to loops with it, and the interface is great.

• fieldscaper and the rest of them...

samplr,

luis's drummer apps

• @michael_m said:
    I’d love to see Sector updated - love what you can do to loops with it, and the interface is great.

+1 for SECTOR, Samplr

Borderlands Granular

• Fieldscaper, Synthscaper, Soundscaper, Borderlands - that would be awesome!

• KORG Odyssei.

• All of the Korg stuff

• @shinyisshiny said:
    fieldscaper and the rest of them...

samplr,

luis's drummer apps

+100

• And Sector for sure.

• Korg. Ampify. Lumbeat. Reason Studio.

Samplr. Sector. Senode. Sonogrid. Xequense2.

• Borderlands if I could only choose 1.

But I’d also love to see Samplr (not gonna happen) and Seekbeats (also not gonna happen)

If Koala sampler ever became AU, I might actually buy it.

The Korg Gadgets as AU would be killer. Might happen considering what Korg did to Module.

Casting my vote for Sector too, even though I rarely use it.

Hexaglyphics would be badass.

TC Data and TC-11, while optimized for full screen, could still work as AUs

Basically, everything should be AU, no matter what it is. I suppose most of these apps will be abandoned sooner than later (except koala) following the slow death of IAA.

• @Pxlhg said:
    Korg. Ampify. Lumbeat. Reason Studio.

Samplr. Sector. Senode. Sonogrid. Xequense2.

I almost forgot Xequence - that might well be my number 1 choice if I had to pick.

• @michael_m said:
    All of the Korg stuff

Touché

• Quantum, SeekBeats and Patterning. That would be so good.

It’s not going to happen though. The Quantum dev has said it ain’t gonna happen. And even when Patterning 2 was in development it was a no. That was the biggest missed opportunity. And SeekBeats seems dead in the water.

• Just adding my voice to the Korg choir

• Koala

Chicago (Gadget)

Caustic

Reason Compact / Ampify Groovebox

• all of these!!

• @jolico said:
    Koala

Chicago (Gadget)

Caustic

Reason Compact / Ampify Groovebox

• Patterning 2, DrumJam

• Samplr , DrumJam ,Thumbjam , loopyHD, Patterning

• @gusgranite said:
    Quantum, SeekBeats and Patterning. That would be so good.

It’s not going to happen though. The Quantum dev has said it ain’t gonna happen. And even when Patterning 2 was in development it was a no. That was the biggest missed opportunity. And SeekBeats seems dead in the water.

Did the dev say no to AUv3? It’s a shame if Patterning is allowed to die off when IAA goes away.

• Michael has said he will shift Audiobus back to not relying on IAA to integrate apps when IAA eventually dies. If true, then Audiobus compatible standalone apps will continue to be useful.

• @wim said:
    Michael has said he will shift Audiobus back to not relying on IAA to integrate apps when IAA eventually dies. If true, then Audiobus compatible standalone apps will continue to be useful.

That’s good news if it happens

• SoundPrism

• iWavestation and, most of all, Mitosynth...

• Gestrument Pro, Shoom, Launchpad, all Luis DM

• iGrand, iLectric, and Mitosynth.

I’d also love it if ORG 2021 were AUv3, but since it isn’t even IAA yet, I don’t see that happening.