Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would you like to see as AUv3?

Comments

• @michael_m said:

@gusgranite said:
    Quantum, SeekBeats and Patterning. That would be so good.

It’s not going to happen though. The Quantum dev has said it ain’t gonna happen. And even when Patterning 2 was in development it was a no. That was the biggest missed opportunity. And SeekBeats seems dead in the water.

Did the dev say no to AUv3? It’s a shame if Patterning is allowed to die off when IAA goes away.

I think at the time the developer thought it would make more sense as a host. I don’t agree. I think it is a brilliant drum app to load up in a DAW.

• Worth giving a shoutout to the devs that did update their old IAA apps to AUv3. More than happy to pay for updates like the AU3FX series and Virtual ANS 3.
    I know there are plenty here I'm forgetting - this is just from the top of my head.

Alexander Zolotov - Sunvox and Virtual ANS
    Korg Module,
    Beepstreet - Sunrizer,
    Imaginando - DRC, LK
    Kymatica - AU3FX: Space and Dub
    Apesoft - almost everything (the Amazing Noises apps weren't so lucky though..)
    Wolfgang Palm - everything before he sold the rights
    Virsyn - Tera, Poseidon, etc
    Laurent Coleson - ChordPolyPad and StepPolyArp,
    SugarBytes - Everything
    Ice Works - Everything
    Some of the old Klevgrand apps like Squashit
    Stephan Bolch got SKIIID on AUv3 really quickly.

• Nave, Thor, Mitosynth, bring back Alchemy, all the Korgs, animoog, Cassini, Arctic Keys, Samplr, Zeta+

• @cuscolima said:
    Gestrument Pro, Shoom, Launchpad, all Luis DM

Wishfully 🎵🙏🏻

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Xythesizer !

Yes!

• GARAGE BAND.....

• Bebot!
    (Both as an AUv3 Instrument and AUv3 MPE controller)

I've yet not received any feedback when I e-mailed them last year...
    http://www.normalware.com/support.html

• @lasselu said:
    iWavestation and, most of all, Mitosynth...

Nice, another vote for Mitosynth! I said Mitosynth too. Unfortunately, I don’t think it is going to happen - I recall someone writing that the developer has stated that the code is just too old to make it AUv3. If true, it’s a real shame, because it is such a cool synth. I like it more than many of the desktop synths I’ve had.

• @swarmboy said:
    Nave, Thor, Mitosynth, bring back Alchemy, all the Korgs, animoog, Cassini, Arctic Keys, Samplr, Zeta+

Yes, Bring Back Alchemy +1,000,000!!!!! I suppose we are now in the realm of fantasy, but at least it’s a good fantasy.

• @LeftyChris said:

@lasselu said:
    iWavestation and, most of all, Mitosynth...

Nice, another vote for Mitosynth! I said Mitosynth too. Unfortunately, I don’t think it is going to happen - I recall someone writing that the developer has stated that the code is just too old to make it AUv3. If true, it’s a real shame, because it is such a cool synth. I like it more than many of the desktop synths I’ve had.

I'm planning on winning the lottery and then contacting Wooji Juice and offer to pay for a re-write... :D

• patterning 2
    xequence 2
    korg arp odyssey
    the rest of korg
    koala , i would use this so much more

• aufx push

• Luis’s Drummers, ThumbJam, Piano Motifs and one of my personal favourites, touchscaper. I am with @aleyas and would happily pay for the new versions as it is a lot of work for the developers to effectively finish up with same app just running in a different environment so potentially very few additional sales.

• Some gems would be worth saving (SECTOR, Samplr, Patterning, Seekbeats, Loopy Pro), but these are pretty stable and I’ll surely keep one older device just to be able to run these standalone in any case.
    What I really miss is an audio clip player possibly with performance features like Launchpad.

• I second Xynthesizr, Borderlands and Animoog but I’m also looking forward new things (and Atom 2)

• I'll add my vote to Nave and Animoog, and can we throw in Audiokit Synth One?

• Korg, korg, and... Korg ;) Especially the Mono/Poly, because it sounds freakin great!

• Animoog
    Borderlands
    Cassini
    Concentric Rhythm
    Drum Session
    Groovebox
    Ifretless Guitar
    Korg (all apps)
    Lumbeat (all apps)
    Modstep as an audio unit in AUM
    Patterning
    Reason Compact
    Ribbons
    Sector
    Roland Soundcanvas
    TF8
    Xequence 2 as an audio unit in AUM

• edited January 2021

SamplR
    Borderlands Granular
    Koala
    Lumbeat's drums
    Piano motif
    Iwavestation
    Chordion

• mellotronics streetlytron pro

• Roland Sound Canvas AUv3 with Multi-Out support.
    Polychord AUv3
    SidTracker64 AUv3 (Synth Engine)
    Ampify GrooveBox (Each instrument type as a separate AUv3)
    ElasticDrums (Multi Out AUv3)
    Korg iM1, iWaveStation, Odysseyi, iMS-20, iPolySix, iMonoPoly, iDS-10, iElectribe and iKaossilator as AUv3's.

A nice surprise from Korg would be a polyphonic iNTS-1 AUv3 (Instrument & Effect) with support for custom oscillators and effects.

I feel 2021 will be quite full of surprises :)

• Bitwiz, Sector, Patterning, all Korg apps.

• I'm gonna be a bit rude now

:lol: the amount of dead apps in this thread is amazing. Some the devs have even removed them from store.
    But yep, I hope we could have all of the above as AUv3 and updated to the latest Audiobus API too :heart:

I'll add a few more "dead" apps (some really dead, some without updates for years) to the list: Earhoof, Orphion, Turquoise DS, Rotor, Grain Science, NanoLoop, bleep!Box, Looptical, Caustic, Forever Beats, BassLine and Skram

• @White said:
    Animoog
    Borderlands
    Cassini
    Concentric Rhythm
    Drum Session
    Groovebox
    Ifretless Guitar
    Korg (all apps)
    Lumbeat (all apps)
    Modstep as an audio unit in AUM
    Patterning
    Reason Compact
    Ribbons
    Sector
    Roland Soundcanvas
    TF8
    Xequence 2 as an audio unit in AUM

Good list - I agree with all of those

• Remix live...

• Elastic Drums and Shoom. There’s nothing I know of that’s AUv3 and sounds like Shoom but damn Shoom sounds good.

• Animoog, Xynthesizr (the rest have been mentioned above)

• AUv3 hosts. Curious to know how it would break the fabric of spacetime.

Sector would be amazing, likewise Patterning 3 (yes).

• Stereo Designer