Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Comments

• @Optahealth said:
    Thanks for the updates.

Waiting for - Receive Midi Clock

Is ‘Receive Midi Clock’, on the roadmap?

• @Gravitas said:

@Optahealth said:
    Thanks for the updates.

Waiting for - Receive Midi Clock

Is ‘Receive Midi Clock’, on the roadmap?

No, sorry, that is way too difficult for audio.

• I haven't tried the app yet, but am considering it for my next project. The flexible effects routing has really gotten my attention.

Here's a small list of things that I'd like to see that I don't believe are implemented yet.

1) triggering the transport controls via midi. Or have the AEM transport controls be able to send a midi note. I need to be able to trigger a video camera via bluetooth midi when I press record in AEM.

2) the thumbnail view is a great feature, but it doesn't look like it's color-coded to match the tracks. Seems like a simple update.

3) As AEM doesn't have arm/solo/mute controls beside each track (you have to click on the track to see them), it would make sense to have the whole situation reflected in the project thumbnail view. For example, muted tracks would be greyed out. Solo'd tracks would be colored while everything else greyed out. Armed tracks would be flashing, etc etc.

I would prefer having armed/mute/solo controls next to each track, but the above would prevent the user from having to click every track until they figure out which one they forgot to un-solo.

• @Sabicas said:

Thanks for your feedback!

2) the thumbnail view is a great feature, but it doesn't look like it's color-coded to match the tracks. Seems like a simple update.

True, but when you use many tracks, it quickly gets hard to see which is which. And it's a bit too colourful for my taste:

3) As AEM doesn't have arm/solo/mute controls beside each track (you have to click on the track to see them), it would make sense to have the whole situation reflected in the project thumbnail view. For example, muted tracks would be greyed out. Solo'd tracks would be colored while everything else greyed out. Armed tracks would be flashing, etc etc.

I do not like things flashing, but also here, the more tracks you have, the more problematic this becomes.

I would prefer having armed/mute/solo controls next to each track, but the above would prevent the user from having to click every track until they figure out which one they forgot to un-solo.

But you would still have to guess which track exactly you need to un-solo. But next version will feature a 'Deactivate all solo buttons' or 'Deactivate all mute buttons' option in a pop-up menu when long-pressing a mute or solo button.

• ....and Tempo controls, right please?....
    Or are they in there and I missed it?

• @NoiseHorse said:
    ....and Tempo controls, right please?....
    Or are they in there and I missed it?

Not yet.

• @dwrae said:

@Sabicas said:

Thanks for your feedback!

True, but when you use many tracks, it quickly gets hard to see which is which. And it's a bit too colourful for my taste:

I do not like things flashing, but also here, the more tracks you have, the more problematic this becomes.

But you would still have to guess which track exactly you need to un-solo. But next version will feature a 'Deactivate all solo buttons' or 'Deactivate all mute buttons' option in a pop-up menu when long-pressing a mute or solo button.

Wow did you make those tracks colored in the thumbnail view just to provide a screenshot of why you don't like it? If so, maybe provide it as a toggled option in user preferences/settings. I think it looks more useful with colors than with just white lines, but we all have different minds.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. If the thumbnail showed a green track with all others greyed out, I'd know to look for the green track in the timeline as the solo'd track. Also, when I write "greyed out", I mean an "dimmed" overlay where you can still tell what color it is. Then, you can use the thumbnail like a map legend for everything in the above timeline view, which I thought was the point of it.

I haven't actually tried the app yet, but have watched videos and read the manual. There may be something I'm missing.

• @Sabicas said:
    Wow did you make those tracks colored in the thumbnail view just to provide a screenshot of why you don't like it? If so, maybe provide it as a toggled option in user preferences/settings. I think it looks more useful with colors than with just white lines, but we all have different minds.

Well, there was only one way to find out and that was changing the code to see how it looks like. An option is certainly possible.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. If the thumbnail showed a green track with all others greyed out, I'd know to look for the green track in the timeline as the solo'd track. Also, when I write "greyed out", I mean an "dimmed" overlay where you can still tell what color it is. Then, you can use the thumbnail like a map legend for everything in the above timeline view, which I thought was the point of it.

Ah, I see. Well, in the screenshot above I already have a hard time discerning tracks, let alone if they were dimmed coloured versions. But this is just with 9 tracks and things get smaller with each added track.

The de-activate all mute/solo feature would be best to use I guess.

• edited May 2021

I'm a software developer and I admire your patience when people who haven't even tried your app are making requests. :)

In my evaluation of all the DAWs on IOS, there are three things that put AEM at the top of the heap to replace Auria, which I currently use.

1) This thread and how fast user feedback is considered and implemented. AEM looks like the most active while Auria appears to be dead. Cubasis is now moving fast as well with a major update but see #3 below.

2) The effects routing screen. It's like a version of AUM, at least how I use AUM, built into AEM.

3) Size. AEM is 75mb. and appears to already do everything Auria does except the remote midi transport controls (the only thing that has kept me from hitting the purchase button, but it's apparently in the coming-soon pipeline). I want an audio tracking and editing DAW without the bulk of midi instruments that I won't use and can't uninstall. Garageband, Cubasis and Auria are all over 1gb. Why don't these other developers allow users to pick and choose what features they want to install or uninstall?

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v4.3.2 for iOS released:

• Using volume or panning automation on a stereo track could cause audio artefacts. Solved.

• Long-pressing a mute or solo button now pops up a menu where you can choose to deactivate all mute or solo buttons.

• Moving a stereo clip to an empty track during monitoring could cause a crash. Solved.

• CPU usage display is now also updated while monitoring.

• @dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v4.3.2 for iOS released:

thanks again for this update and the fast support & implementation!

• Hi I am loving AEM on IOS and even have it recording 8 stereo tracks straight out of AUM or all tracks from my umc1820 - I'm happy.

So, I'm able to freeze tracks but there is no option under clip>track options to unfreeze?

What have I missed?

aaaaaand........ thanks for all the work that's gone into AEM!

• @danimal said:
    Hi I am loving AEM on IOS and even have it recording 8 stereo tracks straight out of AUM or all tracks from my umc1820 - I'm happy.

So, I'm able to freeze tracks but there is no option under clip>track options to unfreeze?

What have I missed?

aaaaaand........ thanks for all the work that's gone into AEM!

This caught me out too the first time I tried it - you need to long press the frozen MIDI track, not the MIDI clip itself but on the black space around it. You should then see a menu with the unfreeze option.

• MisplacedDevelopment, thank you, thank you, thank you!

• a question about automation (unfortunately I couldn't find an answer in the manual)

following situation:
    i have several audio tracks that i have processed with automations.
    Now I want to delete a certain section. to do this, I mark all tracks in "range" mode and use "cut (ripple)" to delete, for example, 15 seconds. The problem: The drawn automations are not deleted for the corresponding deleted section. As a result, all previously incorporated automations are displaced and no longer usable.

Is there a possibility that the corresponding sections in the automations can also be deleted?

• @banalytic said:

Is there a possibility that the corresponding sections in the automations can also be deleted?

no one?! :/

• @banalytic said:

@banalytic said:

no one?! :/

I'm very sorry, but no, that is not possible right now.

• oh. thanks for your answer... do you think it's possible to implement this function in a future update?!

• @banalytic said:
    oh. thanks for your answer... do you think it's possible to implement this function in a future update?!

Sure, but it is a bit more involved than a simple fix.

• okay. thx for fast reply... would be cool to put it on your list ;))
    all the best

• Should this get split into a new thread since it’s v4 now?

• WTKWTK
    edited September 2021

@krassmann said:
    Is AUv3 multi in/out on the road map?

I am just curious about this as well. IAA multi out is in there but apparently no AUv3 multi out. Or did I miss something?

And I wish there would be a few more AUv3 Midi slots per track.

Edit: Another thing that bugs me is that most of my Midi AUv3 apps do not work. They even don't start running no matter what I do. Host mode enabled, sync enabled etc.

The only apps that work properly are the rozetta ones what reminds me on AUM where the rozetta apps aren't listed under midi extensions but processors. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or amo I doing something wrong?

Helium, LK etc aren't sending any note events as well. So while editing my notes I don't hear anything.

Edit 2: Funny thing is that when I load AEM inside Audiobus and load Helium in AEM then sync works like a charm and LK is sending note events.

Maybe there is an user error on my side...

Wiered.

Ipad 6 9.7 " with ios 14.6 btw.

• @WTK said:

@krassmann said:
    Is AUv3 multi in/out on the road map?

I am just curious about this as well. IAA multi out is in there but apparently no AUv3 multi out. Or did I miss something?

And I wish there would be a few more AUv3 Midi slots per track.

Edit: Another thing that bugs me is that most of my Midi AUv3 apps do not work. They even don't start running no matter what I do. Host mode enabled, sync enabled etc.

The only apps that work properly are the rozetta ones what reminds me on AUM where the rozetta apps aren't listed under midi extensions but processors. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or amo I doing something wrong?

Helium, LK etc aren't sending any note events as well. So while editing my notes I don't hear anything.

Edit 2: Funny thing is that when I load AEM inside Audiobus and load Helium in AEM then sync works like a charm and LK is sending note events.

Maybe there is an user error on my side...

Wiered.

Ipad 6 9.7 " with ios 14.6 btw.

I’m using multi out and AU Midi FX sequencer in every project. This makes AEM useless for me.

• Hello! Just bought AEM for iPad, it looks very promising to me.
    But I don’t understand, how to add tempo/time signature. There is no such option in the marker options. And marker option list is much shorter than in help

• edited September 2021

@vlaoladis I don’t think the marker tempo change functionality has been ported from the Android version yet.

• edited September 2021

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @vlaoladis I don’t think the marker tempo change functionality has been ported from the Android version yet.

Well in that case it looks like I’ve paid for something that doesn’t really fit my needs… again
    I think there should be a large red box on the appropriate help page describing which feature is supported on which platform

By the way. Separate iOS-specific (according to the title and URL) manual contains description of tempo-change markers
    https://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/ios/html/MarkersandMarkerOptions.html

• @vlaoladis said:

Well in that case it looks like I’ve paid for something that doesn’t really fit my needs… again
    I think there should be a large red box on the appropriate help page describing which feature is supported on which platform

By the way. Separate iOS-specific (according to the title and URL) manual contains description of tempo-change markers

The explanation on tempo change is not in the iOS manual, but unfortunately the brief text in the marker options is indeed still there and shoud have been removed. The feature will be added soon though. I apologize for this error.

• @dwrae said:

@vlaoladis said:

The explanation on tempo change is not in the iOS manual, but unfortunately the brief text in the marker options is indeed still there and shoud have been removed. The feature will be added soon though. I apologize for this error.

Oh, well, I understand you. Thank you very much for such a quick answer. I can imagine how difficult multiplatform development could be. I am very glad to hear that this feature will be added soon, and will patiently wait for it. Good luck in your development :smile:

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio 4.3.3 for iOS released:

• New MIDI input dialog with 'Octave offset', 'Key Range' and 'Ignore sustain pedal' options.
    • Updated the Toneboosters Compressor V4 processing code.
    • Updated the Toneboosters Reelbus V4 processing code and added a HQ button.
  • Thanks for the update @dwrae , great to see you back cranking out improvements!