Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Comments

• @dwrae said:

@rs2000 said:
    @dwrae What do you think?

Sure, but it's pretty much useless if it doesn't sync after that. Starting playback can easily take up to half a second and varies depending on how many tracks you have in the project.

Sorry, I did not notice this post. This answers my question regarding sync to external sources. Now I understand why it is hard. You know, when syncing Zenbeats with Ableton Link it actually does a one bar count-in before it starts playing back - probably for the same reason.

• @dwrae is there any way to switch between “beginners & advance user interface after making the choice. I go into preferences seems not

• @krassmann said:

@dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:
    That's lovely - much better!
    Do you plan at any point to add Ableton link?

Perhaps at some point, currently way too busy with the user manual and getting the last bits ported from Android to iOS.

Is there a way to sync AEM to another sync master? AudioBus, MIDI clock, SPP, anything? My main workflow is with AUM but I need audio tracks that are in sync with AUM. There is the 4pockets Multitrack AUv3 but it‘s too limited. I don‘t mind if this would involve AudioBus as for me the combination of AUM, AB3 and Xequence is working great... only audio tracks are missing.

There is a MIDI clock sync option in the app's settings.

• @reasOne said:
    Its cool how you can create a MIDI clip anywhere on the time line, at any length you want then drag and drop it anywhere...rearranging MIDI clips has never been easier!
    Do you have plans to create a clip launcher like Ableton/zenbeats orb will it be staying timeline based?

For the moment, it will stay timeline based, simply because of the huge workload that is still left to do.

• @stormbeats said:
    @dwrae thanks for new update and new interface mode. Not sure if it’s a bug but copy & paste of regions not working here. I highlight a region/ press copy/ but the Paste tab at top of screen remains Off. Also how do I get the drop down list of options when I long press a region. That seems to have gone. It might be something Iam doing wrong ?

Please press the 3-dot button on the bottom of a selected clip (you may need to zoom in for it to show).

You are right, I see that the cut/copy buttons do not work on a selected clip. Meanwhile, please press the 3-dot button menu and select cut/copy there. Then Paste seems to work. Please note that once copied, you can also long-tap an empty area on the track until the track pop-up menu appears and select Paste there.

• edited February 2021

@dwrae somethings not right with the Select tool .
    1. Press the Select tab
    2. Highlight several regions In my case I selected 8 bars
    3. Copy & Paste only Pasted 4 bars.
    it might be something Iam doing wrong If I select the Range tool and do the above it works fine . When you can please check this . Thanks

• @stormbeats said:
    @dwrae is there any way to switch between “beginners & advance user interface after making the choice. I go into preferences seems not

It's the first item in the app's user interface settings.

• @stormbeats said:
    @dwrae thanks for new update and new interface mode. Not sure if it’s a bug but copy & paste of regions not working here.

Fixed.

• @stormbeats said:
    1. Press the Select tab
    it might be something Iam doing wrong If I select the Range tool and do the above it works fine . When you can please check this . Thanks

Yes, it's related to copy not working, this is fixed meanwhile. I'll upload a new version now.

• @dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:

Perhaps at some point, currently way too busy with the user manual and getting the last bits ported from Android to iOS.

I like this app too. What remains to be ported from Android?

• @dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:

No probs - keep up the good work!

• @cian said:

@dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:

Things like MIDI remote control, Tempo/time signature change, Auto split, Create a soundfont from an audio file and lots of small things.

• edited February 2021

@dwrae said:

@stormbeats said:
    1. Press the Select tab

Yes, it's related to copy not working, this is fixed meanwhile. I'll upload a new version now.

@dwrae Cheers thats much appreciated

• @dwrae said:

@reasOne said:
    Its cool how you can create a MIDI clip anywhere on the time line, at any length you want then drag and drop it anywhere...rearranging MIDI clips has never been easier!
    Do you have plans to create a clip launcher like Ableton/zenbeats orb will it be staying timeline based?

For the moment, it will stay timeline based, simply because of the huge workload that is still left to do.

Makes sense! As far as time lines goes this is my fav for sure, just being able to create a clip by tapping anywhere is quite amazing and makes it much smoother to leave empty time!

• @dwrae said:

@cian said:

@dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:

Things like MIDI remote control, Tempo/time signature change, Auto split, Create a soundfont from an audio file and lots of small things.

Those are all nice things to look forward to.

• Wow the new update has really made AE super easy and smooth to use. Solid as ever. I’ve gone back & forth on this daw over the years, but this update might’ve locked me into some major ownership. Good job!

• edited February 2021

What remains to be ported from Android?

@dwrae : MIDI remote control you say? I am hanging out for that one! I believe it means I’ll be able to use my LaunchControl XL to physically manipulate the AE faders and pots, and record \edit that automation. Which would be, you know, absolutely bloody fantastic! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    What remains to be ported from Android?

@dwrae : MIDI remote control you say? I am hanging out for that one! I believe it means I’ll be able to use my LaunchControl XL to physically manipulate the AE faders and pots, and record \edit that automation. Which would be, you know, absolutely bloody fantastic! :)

Yes. A bit of warning beforehand though: when it comes, at least with the initial release you won't be able to control AU parameters. Just the mixer controls, transport controls and the soundfont ADSR controls.

• I can live with that :)

• Would be cool to have metronome on during record only

• @dwrae there’s no option to “set loop markers to clip bounds” since last update because there’s no longer any options pop up list when long holding on a region since last update when using the advance user interface. This was an option when in scroll mode .

• @stormbeats said:
    @dwrae thanks for new update and new interface mode. Not sure if it’s a bug but copy & paste of regions not working here. I highlight a region/ press copy/ but the Paste tab at top of screen remains Off. Also how do I get the drop down list of options when I long press a region. That seems to have gone. It might be something Iam doing wrong ?

If you select a clip in the new interface mode, you’ll see 3 dots on the bottom of the clip, and once you select that you’ll see those options again along with a list of others.

• @dwrae said:

@Hypervox said:

Ahh the user manual!

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

HUGE UPS for prioritizing a user manual!

Of course, the kidz won't care they'll just want videos. ;)

Still, as a dedicated old fossil, I applaud this. :D

• @wim said:

Heh, yeah, thanks. It's a huge amount of work to even review (since I didn't write the largest part myself) with nearly 300 pages.

Apple has rejected the 4.0.1 fix because of unknown reasons. They complain about something that has already been there since the very first release and as usual are not very helpful in explaining what they want me to change. Sigh..

• @dwrae said:

@wim said:

Heh, yeah, thanks. It's a huge amount of work to even review (since I didn't write the largest part myself) with nearly 300 pages.

Apple has rejected the 4.0.1 fix because of unknown reasons. They complain about something that has already been there since the very first release and as usual are not very helpful in explaining what they want me to change. Sigh..

Hopefully this doesn’t derail your progress and they let it thru on the next attempt.

@dwrae Loving the latest update 🔥🔥🔥 These new modes were a good move!! Also, I LOVE the audio splitting! Just wanted to suggest/request adding keyboard shortcuts similar to Cubasis 3.2 where we can undo, redo, delete etc with the QWERTY keyboard. After splitting an audio clip it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to delete the desired clip instead of hitting remove and hitting the clip or having to use the 3 dot (...) menu. A shortcut for ripple cutting/editing would be great too! Long form audio edits would be a breeze!!

Also, scroll wheel, trackpad support on the main timeline. These would be great for heavy audio editing workflows as well as navigating the song, etc.

And is it possible to have more than one AUMidi effect? If not, that would be a great addition as users are now stacking these in their productions.

• edited February 2021

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@stormbeats said:

If you select a clip in the new interface mode, you’ll see 3 dots on the bottom of the clip, and once you select that you’ll see those options again along with a list of others.

@ipadbeatmaking ok thanks for the info @dwrae No need for a fix. @ipadbeatmaking has kindly explained the 3 dots on regions to get the pop up menu. Audio Evolution has really evolved. Cheers for your hard work
    @dwrae EDIT : actually fix needed for copy and paste tabs (greyed out) at top of screen when selecting of multiple regions when in Select mode

• @dwrae Sorry if this has been asked, but do you have plans to make the window resizable on Mac OS?
    That would be a big step up for usability.

• @stormbeats said:
    @dwrae EDIT : actually fix needed for copy and paste tabs (greyed out) at top of screen when selecting of multiple regions when in Select mode

The fix 4.0.1 has now been released! I asked Apple what I needed to change and instead of replying they just released the version. Oh well..

• edited February 2021

@Diffrenzy said:
    @dwrae Sorry if this has been asked, but do you have plans to make the window resizable on Mac OS?
    That would be a big step up for usability.

I assume you are using it on one of the latest arm-based Mac Mini or MacBooks? I haven't purchased one so I haven't seen it yet.