Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Comments

• @dwrae said:

@stormbeats said:
    @dwrae EDIT : actually fix needed for copy and paste tabs (greyed out) at top of screen when selecting of multiple regions when in Select mode

The fix 4.0.1 has now been released! I asked Apple what I needed to change and instead of replying they just released the version. Oh well..

@dwrae thanks that fixed it Working perfect now

• One great thing about Auria Pro is the manual at 250 pages. A 300! Page detailed manual for AEM would be a true godsend .

• Der, pardon my ignorance, but version 3, is it an updated app, or a new version?
    If so each update is free if I own the program?
    Sorry I own Auria Pro which is a pain to get midi and wavs into, I also own Nano studio but no wav capability, and Cubase I have never been comfy with. I mostly use AUM and a host of internal apps.
    Does this load instruments like the others mentioned?
    Cheers guys

• @stormbeats said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@stormbeats said:
    @dwrae thanks for new update and new interface mode. Not sure if it’s a bug but copy & paste of regions not working here. I highlight a region/ press copy/ but the Paste tab at top of screen remains Off. Also how do I get the drop down list of options when I long press a region. That seems to have gone. It might be something Iam doing wrong ?

If you select a clip in the new interface mode, you’ll see 3 dots on the bottom of the clip, and once you select that you’ll see those options again along with a list of others.

@ipadbeatmaking ok thanks for the info @dwrae No need for a fix. @ipadbeatmaking has kindly explained the 3 dots on regions to get the pop up menu. Audio Evolution has really evolved. Cheers for your hard work
    @dwrae EDIT : actually fix needed for copy and paste tabs (greyed out) at top of screen when selecting of multiple regions when in Select mode

No problem @stormbeats, Great catch on the copy/paste bug! I’m glad that it was fixed so quickly @dwrae Thanks! I’ve got a few more requests/suggestions that I’ll stack on top of my previous ones...

A ‘metronome on only during recording’ option please so there’s no need to menu dive to toggle it on and off between recording and playback.

Also I’m noticing a delay on the first beat (at the 1) for some reason the instruments don’t ‘attack’ until A moment after the first beat (the 1) and this is happening with pre-count at 1 or 2 bars. This is a buzzkill for BeatMaking/instrumental making.

Duplicating a AUv3 track isn’t duplicating the AUv3 instrument for me, it’s instead giving me a default stock Internal instrument like the piano.

And a couple tiny things: is it possible to make the virtual keyboard show key presses while playing a physical midi controller? Other DAWs do this so I’m just wondering if it’s possible in AEM, so that when I screen record I can see my key/note pressing/playing.

Also just as a FYI it was a bit confusing to have to ‘arm’ the track for the midi controller to work as a new user to this app for instrumental music production. I get why you chose this method, but maybe in the manual mention this (if you haven’t already) because a few users I spoke to got lost using external Midi controllers, and it took a while to figure out.

Thanks! I’ll quote my prior feature requests/suggestions below 👇

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @dwrae Loving the latest update 🔥🔥🔥 These new modes were a good move!! Also, I LOVE the audio splitting! Just wanted to suggest/request adding keyboard shortcuts similar to Cubasis 3.2 where we can undo, redo, delete etc with the QWERTY keyboard. After splitting an audio clip it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to delete the desired clip instead of hitting remove and hitting the clip or having to use the 3 dot (...) menu. A shortcut for ripple cutting/editing would be great too! Long form audio edits would be a breeze!!

Also, scroll wheel, trackpad support on the main timeline. These would be great for heavy audio editing workflows as well as navigating the song, etc.

And is it possible to have more than one AUMidi effect? If not, that would be a great addition as users are now stacking these in their productions.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Der, pardon my ignorance, but version 3, is it an updated app, or a new version?

Free update. B)

So far.

Sorry I own Auria Pro which is a pain to get midi and wavs into, I also own Nano studio but no wav capability, and Cubase I have never been comfy with. I mostly use AUM and a host of internal apps.

Yes.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Der, pardon my ignorance, but version 3, is it an updated app, or a new version?
    Cheers guys

In what way is Auria difficult to get waves into? Did you know that you can open the Files app in slide over mode and drag and drop onto your tracks? I can't think of anything easier.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers guys

In what way is Auria difficult to get waves into? Did you know that you can open the Files app in slide over mode and drag and drop onto your tracks? I can't think of anything easier.

I did not know that. Can the same thing be done with midi too?

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers guys

I did not know that. Can the same thing be done with midi too?

Just discovered you can do the same thing with midi. Hmmm looks like I’ll be revisting AuriaPro

• edited February 2021

@dwrae trying to select multiple regions then move / drag them . Not sure how to. Any tips anyone. Thanks in advance
    Edit : sorted Just worked it out

• edited February 2021

@stormbeats said:
    @dwrae trying to select multiple regions then move / drag them . Not sure how to. Any tips anyone. Thanks in advance

Hey if you hit ‘select’ then select the regions, then hit select again (disable it) while you regions are still selected you should be able to move them together. @dwrae Im thinking an automatic toggle or something that doesn’t require hitting ‘select’ Twice to move regions would help

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@stormbeats said:

Hey if you hit ‘select’ then select the regions, then hit select again (disable it) while you regions are still selected you should be able to move them together. @dwrae Im thinking an automatic toggle or something that doesn’t require hitting ‘select’ Twice to move regions would help

@ipadbeatmaking cheers I worked it out.

• Hey if you hit ‘select’ then select the regions, then hit select again (disable it) while you regions are still selected you should be able to move them together. @dwrae Im thinking an automatic toggle or something that doesn’t require hitting ‘select’ Twice to move regions would help

@ipadbeatmaking cheers I worked it out.

Please share with the class.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@stormbeats said:

You never know when someone is done selecting, so that won't work. I checked with Cubasis, and they do the same (version 2 at least, I don't have 3).

• @dwrae said:

@Diffrenzy said:
    @dwrae Sorry if this has been asked, but do you have plans to make the window resizable on Mac OS?

I assume you are using it on one of the latest arm-based Mac Mini or MacBooks? I haven't purchased one so I haven't seen it yet.

Yes., a M1 Mac mini. I hope you get time to look into this, and other cross platform workflows in the future.

• @Telstar5 said:
    One great thing about Auria Pro is the manual at 250 pages. A 300! Page detailed manual for AEM would be a true godsend .

The iOS manual is 270 pages now to be exact. It's a little bit smaller than the Android version due to some features not being available yet and some features not being required on iOS (such as the custom USB audio driver).

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Also just as a FYI it was a bit confusing to have to ‘arm’ the track for the midi controller to work as a new user to this app for instrumental music production. I get why you chose this method, but maybe in the manual mention this (if you haven’t already) because a few users I spoke to got lost using external Midi controllers, and it took a while to figure out.

I just checked and it was already in there. Thanks for the YouTube video by the way!

• edited February 2021

First revision of the user manual is online:

https://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/ios/

It can also be accessed directly from the app -> More -> Help -> Online manual

• Brilliant many thanks 🤩

• @Diffrenzy said:

@dwrae said:

@Diffrenzy said:
    @dwrae Sorry if this has been asked, but do you have plans to make the window resizable on Mac OS?

I assume you are using it on one of the latest arm-based Mac Mini or MacBooks? I haven't purchased one so I haven't seen it yet.

Yes., a M1 Mac mini. I hope you get time to look into this, and other cross platform workflows in the future.

Not sure if it can be done at all, but I do read that you can make apps full-screen. What happens if you try that?

• @dwrae
    For some reason I’m not able to download the pdf version of the manual. I can access the web version no problem...

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @dwrae
    For some reason I’m not able to download the pdf version of the manual. I can access the web version no problem...

I don't know. I can access from a web browser on my PC and from my iPad just fine. If there are others with this problem, please let me know.

• @dwrae said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @dwrae

I don't know. I can access from a web browser on my PC and from my iPad just fine. If there are others with this problem, please let me know.

@dwrae : This manual is amazing!! One of the best on iOS .. Thanks so much!!!

• @dwrae : manual downloaded, no problem. Thanks, now I can dig in... and hang on for the fader link to my LaunchControl XL... (hint :) ) Seriously - loving your work.

• edited February 2021

@dwrae said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @dwrae

Sorted by downloading in iPhone. Haven’t figured out the issue with iPad. That aside the extra step was worth it: an incredibly thorough and helpful manual.

• request make automation in the form of clips, or at least it can be attached and moved or copied with audio/midi clips

• This a great manual for AE, thanks a lot for such detail.
    My only request would be to allow for presets on the new Vocal Tune Pro effect. Just to fine tune for future singing screw ups.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    This a great manual for AE, thanks a lot for such detail.
    My only request would be to allow for presets on the new Vocal Tune Pro effect. Just to fine tune for future singing screw ups.

Added, thanks.

• @dwrae said:

@Diffrenzy said:

@dwrae said:

@Diffrenzy said:

Not sure if it can be done at all, but I do read that you can make apps full-screen. What happens if you try that?

The scale option, full screen, ipad size etc. that some apps use, result in a low resolution interface.

It can be done, one example is Drambo, that does it nicely.

• Is this Link compatible?

• @dwrae said:
    First revision of the user manual is online:

https://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/ios/

It can also be accessed directly from the app -> More -> Help -> Online manual

Nice one.