Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maschine+ iPad Combo Playground : Contribute Tracks

124»

Comments

• edited June 2021

@echoopera So i'm about to lay down £$$ for a masch+ on ebay. I like yourself have learnt the mpcLive previous to this. I have found the mpcLive has taken me a long time to learn as I only get a few hours every week to play. I use a deluge or launchPadPro to sequence, iPad for pads / stabs / leads... so I want to replace the mpcLIve as:

• a multi-velocity drum sampler,
    • chopped up vocals and bits of songs
    • pads(i play live and then loop),
    • a drumSynth
    • baseline (mixture of synth and multi-sample)
    • a mixer (with an external USB controller/faders).
      I've very hands-on performance, dub-style live mixing. It looks like I'm going to need to buy Kontact is I want to import my old samples easily?

What are the best things about the machine after the MPC live? Is there anything you miss.. Thanks!

• @jollyDodger Honestly...if you have an MPC Live, I would hold your cash and lean in some more. I recently dove back in to the MPC One, and am loving it a ton. I am combining it with my iPad and the MPC Beats desktop app and having a great time with it.

For the Money, the Maschine+ is great, but it won't be an easier workflow than the MPC. They both have unique workflows.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear...but having experienced both and having spent some time with both...I think the MPC is a really nice instrument. It's not better or worse...just different.

• edited June 2021

@echoopera said:
    @jollyDodger Honestly...if you have an MPC Live, I would hold your cash and lean in some more. I recently dove back in to the MPC One, and am loving it a ton. I am combining it with my iPad and the MPC Beats desktop app and having a great time with it.

For the Money, the Maschine+ is great, but it won't be an easier workflow than the MPC. They both have unique workflows.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear...but having experienced both and having spent some time with both...I think the MPC is a really nice instrument. It's not better or worse...just different.

Thanks for your honesty. I’m okish on the live now I know my way round most of it’s corners . My finger drumming and sample chopping skills could definitely improve though. I do find that apart from chopping, the mpc workflow is a bit slow, with lots of sub-menu diving (I.e. to go into program mode). The MPC One has a few more buttons to prevent that I hear.
    These things bug me on the mpc.

• I find the workarounds for loading multi-velocity percussion sample packs of more than four layers annoying and slow. Never tasted Kontact, and it’s pretty much industry standard, must be better.
    • The fx are supposedly better on the m+. The bread and butter fx on the mpc are great, pro level. I’ve just noticed people saying that some of the more expensive complex effects I.e endless reverbs etc., are better on the M+ as it’s got more cpu and ram.
    • I’m stuck with only two inputs on the live. And a fairly cheep berhinger usb audio dac would give me 8x8 dawless on the M+. The likely hood of having multi I/O over usb to iOS is a possibility with it being compliant with so many DACS?
    • I find the mpc pads stiff, my launchpad pads are nicely responsive to the lightest touch, as are the m+.
    • The synth choices are limited. DrumSynth is nice, but single instances are a pain to workaround. (I’m having to use a midihub so I can trigger a drum sample and the a drumSynth (on different channels) so I can then put say two snares on the same bus to add a springVerb together). The Vintage synth is great, but a bit niche.
    • No trig holds on the mpc, I’m a performer baby.

But yeah.. now that I’ve learnt much of the mpc, I’ve got grass is greener syndrome. And yeah it’s going to take me months to get my head around another box, NI’s eco-system sucks Satan’s socks, and I’m wanting to learn Drambo next.

The common response to camera GAS is. The best camera is the one in your hands. But is it? lol.. omg I’m so confused.. >:) :D o:)

• @jollyDodger Totally right there with you.

Get Drambo.

Never look back ;)

• Yeah Yeah! Drambo is in my hands right now @echoopera
    ....unfortunately I’ve won the bid on the M+
    At least God’s got a sense of humour.

• Hahah...congrats. The M+ will not disappoint.

• Very inspiring stuff in this thread.

Do you think if you hooked up a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK that the digital routing would be accessible? It's 14 in 12 out.

https://www.soundcraft.com/en/products/signature-12-mtk

I am very inspired by your work, @echoopera and how you make every device seem great. Thomann has the M+ for about 25% off and I am very tempted. I am already used to the Maschine workflow, I didn't like the software. Standalone worked best, it is difficult to use inside a DAW. The M+ would make those problems moot. And, to be able to use with an iPad, seems very inviting.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_maschine_501389.htm link for this great price (US site)

• edited February 2022

So there is a Maschine+ being sold in my area at an attractive price. I am quite tempted as I want to dive into the NI sounds but I don’t use a laptop presently and would like to have a device where I can make music without any other distractions.

I know there has been a discussion above on this but wanted to get some updates. Is there any way that I can send audio from the Maschine to my iPad where I can mix them with my iPad FX AUs, whether in real-time or afterwards for post-production (in which case I would prefer them to be sent as stems)? Would be grateful for any info on this.

@echoopera you seem to have enjoyed your M+ quite a bit. Do you or anyone else have any comments on this?

• @sjm_90 said:
    Is there any way that I can send audio from the Maschine to my iPad where I can mix them with my iPad FX AUs, whether in real-time or afterwards for post-production (in which case I would prefer them to be sent as stems)? Would be grateful for any info on this.

@echoopera you seem to have enjoyed your M+ quite a bit. Do you or anyone else have any comments on this?

Sure can. It would require some setup but could be done. I would just have the Audio Out from the M+ go into an audio interface hosted by the iPad and then be effected. You could then elect what to do with the Out from the audio interface/iPad to either be recorded in something like AUM or Loopy Pro, or captured back into the M+

I’d send the audio out from the M+ to a Bus Channel to avoid feedback as well.

I’m sure there are a few other ways of routing…but that’s my first thought.

• @echoopera said:

@sjm_90 said:
    Is there any way that I can send audio from the Maschine to my iPad where I can mix them with my iPad FX AUs, whether in real-time or afterwards for post-production (in which case I would prefer them to be sent as stems)? Would be grateful for any info on this.

Sure can. It would require some setup but could be done. I would just have the Audio Out from the M+ go into an audio interface hosted by the iPad and then be effected. You could then elect what to do with the Out from the audio interface/iPad to either be recorded in something like AUM or Loopy Pro, or captured back into the M+

I’d send the audio out from the M+ to a Bus Channel to avoid feedback as well.

I’m sure there are a few other ways of routing…but that’s my first thought.

Thanks a lot. Sounds like a good workaround. Now I have the tough decision on whether or not to go through with the purchase. I know you have been quite excited about the M+ from your past posts. Is it still holding up to expectations?

• I'm trying to get AUM and Maschine+ working together with Ableton Sync. They connect, track tempo and phase—but neither will sync start/stop with each other. I have to press play on both simultaneously, which is a PITA.

Has anyone gotten this to work between the two?