Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maschine+ iPad Combo Playground : Contribute Tracks

Comments

• @WillieNegus said:
    Found this $1 DIY solution to the otherwise expensive deck savers and thought others may appreciate here:

The material is Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) available at most hardware stores. Velcro strips on the side will easily secure for mobile trips in the bag. Do not spray paint as that will eat the foam. If you want to personalize I recommend water based paints or even easier, vinyl or 3M paper to skin. There are all kinds of colors and patterns available these days.

Awesome, great idea, thanks for sharing that! I found this in the linen closet for free but I’m worth the $1 and fuck it, why not, daddy needs a new box cutter.

• Had some fun last night with the M+ and iPad.

• @echoopera nice track. You're obviously tapped in to something good. It takes me weeks/months/years to work on stuff and you just pump 'em out. Thanks for the inspiration.

• @arktek many thanks for giving it a listen. The tools we have today make it so much easier to create music almost anywhere. Honestly i try not to get to attached to what i make because i know they are always Sketches leading to something bigger down the road.

I guess Art School paid off all these years later 😬

• Loving today for a few reasons called DrumComputer and DRC,FRMS goodness with the M+

• edited November 2020

Woohoo...new update is feeling great:

• Alrighty. Had a few things going on this evening before i found my groove to just let it ride and flow and decay. Used a combination of the iPad, Maschine+ and the new Equator 2 being glitched out by Wires. It’s a different kind of piece for me but definitely feels right at home on this chilly NorCal night.

As always thanks for listening:

• Finally got the setup in a good ergo layout to keep me in that revered state of flow:

• @echoopera said:
    Finally got the setup in a good ergo layout to keep me in that revered state of flow:

Maybe even good enough to finally peel off those screen protectors? 🤣

• @SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:
    Finally got the setup in a good ergo layout to keep me in that revered state of flow:

Hahaha. Yeah. Need to do that on the LaunchKey 🤪

• edited December 2020

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

:) Ha, I thought I spied one on the Digitone too.

Like you I usually keep mine on for ages. Was like night and day when I finally peeled the DT one off.

• edited December 2020

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Like you I usually keep mine on for ages. Was like night and day when I finally peeled the DT one off.

Heheh. I think you gave me beef about it last time a while ago. Hahaha. 🤪 or maybe that was on my MPC One. Forever more you will be known as the Screen Protector Remover 👊🏼™️ Mr.SPR for short 😉

• edited December 2020

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Heheh. I think you gave me beef about it last time a while ago. Hahaha. 🤪 or maybe that was on my MPC One. Forever more you will be known as the Screen Protector Remover 👊🏼™️ Mr.SPR for short 😉

Haha, I really didn't realise that. I don't think it was me though. I reread your original Digitone thread and all my posts were offering up tips and resources. There must be 2 of us SPRs :)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36265/digitone-ios-family/p2

And obviously, I only wanted you to know that I paid good attention to your pic. Nice setup!

• @SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Haha, I really didn't realise that. I don't think it was me though. I reread your original Digitone thread and all my posts were offering up tips and resources. There must be 2 of us SPRs :)

And obviously, I only wanted you to know that I paid good attention to your pic. Nice setup!

Heheh...just joshing with you...all is good. ;) Thanks for the help in the past.

• @echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Heheh...just joshing with you...all is good. ;) Thanks for the help in the past.

Ha, no worries. Me too. :)

Are you still gravitating towards the Machine+ first? I see some of the other standalones have had impressive updates recently so it’s a much more competitive market atm.

• Yeah. I love the M+ The recent 1.4 update on the OT has me pining to get it in the mix. I moved it and the DigiTone alongside the M+ for better workflow to get it all in the mix.

Now let’s see where it takes me 👍🏼

• Had some fun with the M+ and DrumComputer, Digitone, Korg Module Pro and Aparillo on this one:

Thanks as always for watching and listening 🙏🏼💕

• Can the Maschine+ output audio the iPad via USB yet?

• edited May 2021

@slicetwo said:
    Can the Maschine+ output audio the iPad via USB yet?

No. It's not an Audio Interface. But if you have a USB-C to Audio jack dongle, and a lightning USB Hub, you could feed the audio back in to the Maschine+ to resample/monitor and effect.

Or if you have an iPad with an audio jack, then out from the iPad to the M+

• After a “meeting” of AA friends I have been told I can no longer hang with you... the hardware addiction can make me backslide.

I can barely control my itunes urges and then this without any trigger warnings.

Have a nice life. (Off to Google Maschine+ pricing). But I must get the new iPad first ‘cause my iPad is so 2018 and needs 1TB minimum to store my purchases to date. Maybe Maschine+ could help with storage issues if I get a new M1 Mac.

So many plans... goodbye @Echoopera. What are your M1 plans? Never mind... maybe you could DM me since I have to put you in my IGNORE list now.

I hope you find peace with your addictions.

• edited May 2021

Hrmm @McD
    Maybe this will tied you over:

Happy Googling. But might i suggest Ask Jeeves since it’s Store integration isn’t that good.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

If you buy 20 cheap hardware devices a year it adds up to the price of your barista tips... and parking tickets... and library late fees. In my estimation.

That also looks like a gateway drug... it needs to be fed 4 additional hardware products.

• @echoopera said:

@slicetwo said:

No. It's not an Audio Interface. But if you have a USB-C to Audio jack dongle, and a lightning USB Hub, you could feed the audio back in to the Maschine+ to resample/monitor and effect.

Welp, that settles that potential GAS! Haha. I do know it can work with external audio interfaces, but that's just more cash! Haha.

• edited May 2021

@slicetwo said:

@echoopera said:

@slicetwo said:

Welp, that settles that potential GAS! Haha. I do know it can work with external audio interfaces, but that's just more cash! Haha.

It also offers Ableton Link in stand alone mode and can serve as Host Clock for all your gear and be in sync with your iPad.

• @echoopera said:

@slicetwo said:

@echoopera said:

@slicetwo said:

It also offers Ableton Link in stand alone mode and can serve as Host Clock for all your gear and be in sync with your iPad.

I saw that. It looks dope, but if I'm going to spend that much dough, it needs to be able to pass audio to my iPad from other gear.

• edited May 2021

Yeah...you'll need a Digitone or Digitakt for that since they act as an Audio Interface and Sequencer. :) It's only Stereo...but awesome nonetheless.

• @echoopera said:
    Yeah...you'll need a Digitone or Digitakt for that since they act as an Audio Interface and Sequencer. :) It's only Stereo...but awesome nonetheless.

Ya. I have both of those. Love em. I usually only travel with one at a time + the iPad.

• I so want the Digitakt. But i don’t need it 😜

• @echoopera what machine haven’t you tried?
    So far I’ve got
    Maschine
    Polyend Tracker
    Akai One
    Digitakt

Do you buy and try, then sell? I know there’s not enough space on one shoe rack for all of these. Not hating just a question.

• @audiblevideo said:
    @echoopera what machine haven’t you tried?
    So far I’ve got
    Maschine
    Polyend Tracker
    Akai One
    Digitakt

Do you buy and try, then sell? I know there’s not enough space on one shoe rack for all of these. Not hating just a question.

I haven’t tried the Digitakt and Deluge and OP-1.

Oh I’d find space. 😜