Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @beeboy said:
    Loooong time lurker here, the AU update of this prompted me to register...

@sinosoidal or anyone else, I'm trying to use this on a mini 5 (latest model) in AUM, and it's maxing out the DSP rather quickly and frequently even with just one low DSP synth (SunVox which hovers around 10%).

Any thoughts on this?

I really like the possibility of what this brings as an AU midi controller, but am hesitant to purchase if it has these limitations.

Can this be improved upon with an update? Should I try another host, even though AUM isn't really demanding?

Thanks in advance for insights on these questions.

I’m experiencing this too. Also on a mini 5.

• @rickelal3 said:
    How do I record midi into it? I hit play and the record button and the keyboard wont record onto the piano roll do I have to draw the not4s in?

Tap the midi icon on the lower right to bring up the midi options, and select the midi input from there.

Also helps to make the channels wider under the main settings, so you can read what’s on each channel.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    where’s all the “drambo does everything better” replies 🤣
    as much as i like the drambo concept especially the song mode where you can easily link patterns into a whole song, and have different length patterns within the same track...i find the step sequencer hard for anything isn’t single note entries...

so... i feel like this app is going to be much easier to get along with for that especially with its piano roll and clip launches 🚀

You'll rather find "we want this in Drambo too" replies 😁
    You're not the only one having difficulties using its sequencer - some love it, some hate it.
    There's something planned though.
    In use, LK feels even more like Ableton than BM3. Now imagine it had audio clips 🤩🤯

haha true statement there.
    i love drambo concept but in practice i struggle
    i assume it’ll get there tho
    id rather have it as is than not at all!
    and audio clips! yes please

• edited July 2020

This app is really good, reminds me a bit of Modstep. I'm gonna be using it as my midisequencer from now on 😊

@sinosoidal

I have a few requests and a question.

First the requests:

1. Midi import/export to/from clips would be really usefull
    2. A parameter in settings to set default number of bars when creating a new clip.

Question:

Is it possible when playing scenes to make it automatic go to next scene without tapping the next scene?

• edited July 2020

• edited July 2020

I have a 4 scene arrangement and added a new instrument. Is there a way to copy just one clip and not the whole scene?

• edited July 2020

@steve99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    This is just ace in AUM. Had a few clips triggering three instances of sEGments (looking forward to the update) and had a great time jamming with different combinations of clips. Had a weird glitch/freeze when initially saving the new song.

Me too the same - without the glitch because, despite the entertainment value, my efforts weren’t worth saving. Glad to have got my head round it in short time (had to come back here to work out how to record from my keyboard in AUM). Finally something delivering what Infinity Looper promised so long ago, very pleased, especially paired with multiple sEGments. Off to buy the IAP, just matrix for now, but looks like the others will be useful too.

Keep an eye on sample length in sEGments, I loaded a long one which made all four instances bomb out, losing all the samples and settings in each one.

I’m on an old Air 2, so will need to chop up samples before loading, and make sure I save each sEGment instance, as they’re not saved when it crashes.

• I don't think there's a way to copy individual clips, more options here are definitely desirable. That and midi learn on the clips and scenes :)

• @Carnbot said:
    I don't think there's a way to copy individual clips, more options here are definitely desirable. That and midi learn on the clips and scenes :)

+1

• @sinosoidal said:

@echoopera said:
    Congrats @sinosoidal Great to see LK get to this point. I think you will have a lot of Happy Users! We've been wanting something like this for a very long time. Glad IMAGINADO got here first!

Thank you very much for your warm words and feedback. LK is a very mature product. It was actually the first product of Imaginando (even before Imaginando was officially born). It all started with LIVKONTROL which has become LK in 2015 with a new facelift and consistent cross platform experience.

I believe that many people are not aware of LK's potential. We will definitely learn a lot with your feedback and features requests. :blush:

I love the apps that you guys make, thanks for all the awesome work you’ve done. This is an amazing thing to come to iOS :)

• @wim said:

@Carnbot said:
    Would love to be able to import or copy/paste Ableton midi tracks to the midi matrix view of the AUv3 This would be a great desktop to Ipad workflow :)

Oh man, with Mac <> iOS clipboard handoff, that would be amazing.

+1!

• @RajahP said:

@Carnbot said:
    Would love to be able to import or copy/paste Ableton midi tracks to the midi matrix view of the AUv3 This would be a great desktop to Ipad workflow :)

+1

Will love to see snapshots to replace Live’s scene function..

Looks powerful .. Thanks..

What’s that hardware?

• edited July 2020

@steve99 said:
    I just tried it with Bluetooth midi too, from LK standalone on my iPad to AUM on my phone - brilliant, it works (using midimittr to route and connect out of the iPad). Can’t comment on latency or whether it’s good over multiple midi channels, but the lights are flashing promisingly in AUM’s midi matrix. Will experiment further tomorrow.

Just did more testing with LK standalone on my iPhone clip launching sEGments in AUM on iPad, over Bluetooth. Mostly working with a couple of issues.

Note C3 (60) on LK is note C4 on sEGments. Also, and I think this is a sEGments bug, I had to flick the note input in sEGments midi settings off and back to the correct start note (C4) to get the midi notes flowing.

One other thing I've not got to the bottom off, using LINK to sync the two devices, the visual indicator and beat count in LK look solid, only it seems to be triggering the loop on the last beat of the bar instead of the first. This may be user error though, more testing to follow.

EDIT: Tried bluetooth LK on phone to Bitwig on my desktop Mac, LINK sync spot on. No noticeable latency on a kick triggered by an LK clip and a snare being triggered within Bitwig, slight double hit noticeable with kick triggered by both (as would be expected by normal bluetooth midi latency).

• wonder if there will be another sale?
    with what’s happening with this app now i’m def considering it!

• hows the midi controller / sliders working for assigning them to auv3 synth parameters?

• @reasOne said:
    hows the midi controller / sliders working for assigning them to auv3 synth parameters?

From what I understand the routing has to be done on the host...
    Just like regular midi mapping in AUM, so, LK sends out Midi CC's and you map it in AUM.

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:
    hows the midi controller / sliders working for assigning them to auv3 synth parameters?

From what I understand the routing has to be done on the host...
    Just like regular midi mapping in AUM, so, LK sends out Midi CC's and you map it in AUM.

ahh makes sense, i can live with that... used to it now

• @ahallam said:

@RajahP said:

@Carnbot said:

+1

Will love to see snapshots to replace Live’s scene function..

Looks powerful .. Thanks..

What’s that hardware?

Seems like a, Livid Instrument's Code...

• how do you add a channel or new clip

• @reasOne hit the bottom right shift button.

• @rs2000 said:
    @reasOne hit the bottom right shift button.

ahh tricky!!
    it freezes after i add a channel tho now 🧐🧐

• @reasOne I bet @sinosoidal would appreciate a few steps to reproduce the freeze.

• Yeah sometimes the gui does seem to freeze in AUM when adding tracks, restart AUM. I save a preset session/ default project to start from.

• edited July 2020

my last problem then i’ll shit up 🤣🤣

i can make a clip longer, but can’t slide it back to shorten it...and now that i’ve tried , the clip is looping in weird parts, not playing the whole clip but just random sections of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @reasOne said:

i can make a clip longer, but can’t slide it back to shorten it...and now that i’ve tried , the clip is looping in weird parts, not playing the whole clip but just random sections of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

This happened to me too, plus sometimes in the AUv3 I can see the loop range on the ruler, sometimes it's invisible.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

This happened to me too, plus sometimes in the AUv3 I can see the loop range on the ruler, sometimes it's invisible.

hopefully that’s fixed soon! pretty important in a clip launcher 😎😎😎

• ok so i set up a default patch in the standalone , 5 track ,2 scenes each, 8 bars per clip...
    what i figured out is that the loop marker is the key to making the bar longer then drag it back to the length you want it to be... prefer to set length by drop down menu, but it is working... love the ableton style clip launching tho...if the kinks are worked out this will be the greatest midi thing ever 😎

• Yeah it's all about that loop brace, just like in Ableton.
    Agree that it would be improved with more clip options though. :)
    It seems to record midi pretty accurately which is one big factor for me, been happy with the results so far.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah sometimes the gui does seem to freeze in AUM when adding tracks, restart AUM. I save a preset session/ default project to start from.

Can you reproduce the freeze sistematically?