Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

1457910106

Comments

  • @Carnbot said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is that what the Controller IAP does?

    No the controller is a knobs/sliders and pads device.

    For controller, the CC parameters per knob / item can't be customized right now. Definitely would like this flexibility.

  • edited July 2020

    It seems like I have to buy the Matrix in order to really do anything? Is that true? Also, I still feel like this is a direct competitor with Atom?

  • The chorder and ARP are pretty neat to use in AU mode. Can you record into the clip lane using these ?

  • wimwim
    edited July 2020

    @raindro said:
    It seems like I have to buy the Matrix in order to really do anything? Is that true? Also, I still feel like this is a direct competitor with Atom?

    The only thing it has in common with Atom is the piano roll (and the fact that neither records midi CCs). Atom has no clip launching, drum pads, CC controllers, XY pad, etc, etc. Besides all that, LK is also a control surface for Ableton Live, but I'm guessing you weren't asking from that perspective.

    Also, it's really unclear at this point whether Atom will progress to even address the deficiencies it now has. The developer drops in once in a long while to say that he's trying to work on updates with limited time to do so. But things haven't visibly progressed at all since release over a year ago. Don't get me wrong, though, Atom is a really, really nice app.

    I'd say it's a competitor in a limited sense but not at all a direct competitor.

  • I deeply regret that I left this in the incredible Imaginando birthday sale. I thought this was only for users and people who bought Abelton. Damn. If I get it right this could really fit my flow. Maybe some videos will come...

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    The chorder and ARP are pretty neat to use in AU mode. Can you record into the clip lane using these ?

    Yeah, set the midi in on the track to chorder(or whatever you want to use), then set the output of the chorder output to LK output and hit record on the track and it’ll record. Just turn on the arp to record it arpeggiated

  • @raindro said:
    It seems like I have to buy the Matrix in order to really do anything? Is that true? Also, I still feel like this is a direct competitor with Atom?

    Yes, the Matrix is quite mandatory I would say ...

    And yes, from my perspective and for my workflow LK as an Auv3 feels like Atom on steroides

    but as always and when you will look en detail - there might be individual pros and cons for both apps depending on what exactly you want to do with them ...

  • 🎅 🎄 🎁

  • @david_2017 said:
    I deeply regret that I left this in the incredible Imaginando birthday sale. I thought this was only for users and people who bought Abelton. Damn. If I get it right this could really fit my flow. Maybe some videos will come...

    I wish I’d caught the sale when it started, as I missed the first couple, very happy with the bits I have though.

    Works well with Ableton too :)

  • Remember the midi track needs to be armed in order to hear the midi being recorded. So hit the mixer little M in the transport to reveal the midi record arming.

  • edited July 2020

    @raindro said:
    It seems like I have to buy the Matrix in order to really do anything? Is that true? Also, I still feel like this is a direct competitor with Atom?

    What @wim said.

    Plus I actually prefer the sequencer in this to the one in Atom, just seems a bit more user friendly and faster to use.

  • edited July 2020

    Would love to get this for feeding into NS2 if had Link support and the Matrix had midi CC sequencing.

    (Scene Copy/paste, transpose and x2, /2 speed Adjustment of course would be major pluses)

  • As much as I love a sale, I’m happy to unlock matrix at full price and support the dev.

    Just gotta figure out how to tell atom it’s over now 😬

  • edited July 2020

    @AudioGus said:
    Would love to get this for feeding into NS2 if had Link support and the Matrix had midi CC sequencing.

    It does have Link support, so you're halfway there (no start/stop at the moment).

  • Just unlocked the matrix but how can I play on time with the other components of the tracks in AUM?

  • Same here. I had some balance from Father’s Day gift cards from the kids and so glad i saved it for this purpose. @sinosoidal is a top and one of the best devs around here and has solidly continued to support DRC synth. I’m positive he will continue to support this amazing app so I’m super happy to pay full price to support great developers as him.

    @gregsmith said:
    As much as I love a sale, I’m happy to unlock matrix at full price and support the dev.

    Just gotta figure out how to tell atom it’s over now 😬

  • Guys forgot to mention please take a few minutes to update your AppStore reviews as it really helps the developer ❤️❤️❤️❤️☝️😌

  • @steve99 said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Would love to get this for feeding into NS2 if had Link support and the Matrix had midi CC sequencing.

    It does have Link support, so you're halfway there (no start/stop at the moment).

    Whoot, thanks! now just livin on a prayer!

  • @gregsmith said:
    As much as I love a sale, I’m happy to unlock matrix at full price and support the dev.

    Just gotta figure out how to tell atom it’s over now 😬

    Will love to see a video on how it replaces ATOM..

  • Someone please do a video on how to record midi into it, i tried literally everything , the only inpuits that ar available are the lk input,keyboard,chorder, how do I use a midi keyboard to record into the clip. Lol probably so easy but I’m really confused !! I pressed record and the lite tape icon what else do I need to do

  • @RajahP said:

    @gregsmith said:
    As much as I love a sale, I’m happy to unlock matrix at full price and support the dev.

    Just gotta figure out how to tell atom it’s over now 😬

    Will love to see a video on how it replaces ATOM..

    Imaginando has a video on the LK sequencer. I don't have LK yet, this video is from last year but I'm assuming LK now is similar to how it works in this video, but with AU capability:

  • The answers are all in this thread.

  • works in Auria :smiley:

  • A video of LK running in Auria would be so awesome!

    @NTKK said:
    works in Auria :smiley:

  • Anyone tried recording in MIDI? Or step sequence recording like in Atom? Recommendation how to do this so it's quantized correctly?

  • edited July 2020

    @auxmux said:
    Anyone tried recording in MIDI? Or step sequence recording like in Atom? Recommendation how to do this so it's quantized correctly?

    Have a look at this video. It has been recorded a while ago but the principles are exactly the same:

    (not shown on the video but you can set the recording quantization in the status bar)

  • Thanks for the video! Finally figured out recording midi, didn’t know about arming the track! Thanks again.

  • @Carnbot said:

    @sinosoidal said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Can I also suggest clip crop

    Between start and stop?

    Yeah, crop the clip to the loop brace as Ableton does it, would be very handy.

    Loop braces are there. Light green bar on top of piano roll

  • edited July 2020

    @ecamburn said:

    @Carnbot said:

    @sinosoidal said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Can I also suggest clip crop

    Between start and stop?

    Yeah, crop the clip to the loop brace as Ableton does it, would be very handy.

    Loop braces are there. Light green bar on top of piano roll

    Not always:

    Here you can see most of the loop brace, sometimes it disappears completely.

  • @auxmux said:

    @Carnbot said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is that what the Controller IAP does?

    No the controller is a knobs/sliders and pads device.

    For controller, the CC parameters per knob / item can't be customized right now. Definitely would like this flexibility.

    You can customize the CCs, if you pull up the menu from the bottom. There are even 4 banks.

Sign In or Register to comment.