Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

1121122123124125127»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:
    I got the crash drawing... Thanks...

Maybe you could post a screen recording and crash log. There might might be an important subtle difference in how you are going about it from how xglax is doing it.

Let’s see..

• I was able to crash it. We'll try to fix it today! Thank you all for your help tackling this

• @RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

Maybe you could post a screen recording and crash log. There might might be an important subtle difference in how you are going about it from how xglax is doing it.

Let’s see..

Check to see if there is a crash log in Settings->Privacy &Analytics->Analytics Data

• @xglax Is it possible to expand the number of LK outputs shown in the AUM MIDI Routing to more than 3? I have noticed in the track drop-down menu it shows LK Output 1 - 3, then a further 16 channels for each track.

• edited January 18

@senman1000 said:
    @xglax Is it possible to expand the number of LK outputs shown in the AUM MIDI Routing to more than 3? I have noticed in the track drop-down menu it shows LK Output 1 - 3, then a further 16 channels for each track.

That would be messy (once the project get s more populated), better to choose channel filter on the track which midi you want to use and which to turn off. Edit: and those 3 are not the channels but buses you see represented.

• edited January 18

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

Let’s see..

Check to see if there is a crash log in Settings->Privacy &Analytics->Analytics Data

Lots iof stuff in there, nothing with an ‘LK’ reference.. But they said that they got it…
    Thanks.. 🙏

• @RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

Let’s see..

Lots iof stuff in there, nothing with an ‘LK’ reference.. But they said that they got it…
    Thanks.. 🙏

Ahh. I didn't see that they had replied. Great!

• @Pxlhg said:

@senman1000 said:
    @xglax Is it possible to expand the number of LK outputs shown in the AUM MIDI Routing to more than 3? I have noticed in the track drop-down menu it shows LK Output 1 - 3, then a further 16 channels for each track.

That would be messy (once the project get s more populated), better to choose channel filter on the track which midi you want to use and which to turn off. Edit: and those 3 are not the channels but buses you see represented.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks for the heads up!

• Beautiful… Automation crashes fixed in latest TestFlight update..

Thanks..

• @xglax could we see anymore features in LK going forward? I’ve been anticipating a real stable and feature full clip/pattern launcher for iOS for ages and it is so great to see the bugs being fixed in LK. There’s real potential for it to be a real powerhouse for arrangements etc

• Hi LK community,
    I'm trying to record drum pad notes from the pads to an armed clip. I can play the drum machine (FAC) from the pads, but nothing records. What am I missing?

• @Scratcher said:
    Hi LK community,
    I'm trying to record drum pad notes from the pads to an armed clip. I can play the drum machine (FAC) from the pads, but nothing records. What am I missing?

Did you route the midi from the drum machine to LK? Which setup are you currently using? AUM with LK and FAC?

• If you are a new user, did you enable the record button for the track?

• I still seem to be getting crashes and unusual pitch automation glitches in AUM running LK. Should I send a crash log? If so, how do I send a crash log?

• Just Saying... Live 12.. Global Scale/Key.. would be a blast..

• edited February 1

@Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Carnbot said:
    Can I also suggest clip crop

Between start and stop?

Yeah, crop the clip to the loop brace as Ableton does it, would be very handy.

Has this been implemented.. I’m still having a hard time cropping clips in the loop.. it is so essential.. and there is no documentation for this tool in red. The crop tool seems to take out some notes in the loop..
    looking at the tutorial videos, did not know LK was this deep.. Thanks..
    Edit.. or, what is the right procedure to crop loops.. Thanks..

• edited February 2

@RajahP said:

@Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Carnbot said:

Between start and stop?

Has this been implemented.. I’m still having a hard time cropping clips in the loop.. it is so essential.. and there is no documentation for this tool in red. The crop tool seems to take out some notes in the loop..

The crop button doesn't crop to the current loop, it will crop to current selection. If you want to crop to loop, you'll have to make a selection with the loop boundaries and then crop. If you have snap enabled, selection will snap to grid, so it will be easy to select loop zone.

That button is to switch between the current clip and the background one (if you have any selected). It is useful to edit both clips effortlessly.

• Is it not possible to alter the master time signature after creating patterns?

I set up a loop in the piano roll. Originally it was 4 bars of 4/4. I copied it to another scene to make a variant. Then set both to 3/4, 3 bars. But the loop timer on the master track is clearly running at 4/4, so if I use the master scene selector to change scenes, the clips get an extra bar added before they switch.

• @xglax said:

@RajahP said:

@Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Carnbot said:

Between start and stop?

The crop button doesn't crop to the current loop, it will crop to current selection. If you want to crop to loop, you'll have to make a selection with the loop boundaries and then crop. If you have snap enabled, selection will snap to grid, so it will be easy to select loop zone.

That button is to switch between the current clip and the background one (if you have any selected). It is useful to edit both clips effortlessly.

Ok.. so disable ‘snap’… make sense.. will give that a shot..
    Thanks..

• @garden said:
    Is it not possible to alter the master time signature after creating patterns?

I set up a loop in the piano roll. Originally it was 4 bars of 4/4. I copied it to another scene to make a variant. Then set both to 3/4, 3 bars. But the loop timer on the master track is clearly running at 4/4, so if I use the master scene selector to change scenes, the clips get an extra bar added before they switch.

No, its not possible. Changing master time signature will only affect clips created after the change

• @xglax said:

No, its not possible. Changing master time signature will only affect clips created after the change

But even so, the loop timer on the master scene is always some multiple of 4 beats, even if you start by setting a 3/4 time signature.

• @garden said:

@xglax said:

But even so, the loop timer on the master scene is always some multiple of 4 beats, even if you start by setting a 3/4 time signature.

You're right. I'll open an issue about this. Thanks for reporting

• @xglax said:

You're right. I'll open an issue about this. Thanks for reporting

Oh! Thanks :smile:

• edited February 5

I’m coming back to you @xglax and @sinosoidal with that old issue I’ve reported a long time ago:

LK midi thru is not working when loading a session in AUM at 32 buffers latency. Sometimes it takes one or two minutes and and midi thru works. If clearing session, setting 64 buffers then 32 buffers midi thru will work. See video. Some AUV3 midi controllers plays some AUV3 sound generators thru LK midi routing.

If this can be fixed, LK will be 2024 king of fixes!!!! :p <3

• edited February 5

@Janosax Which LK version are you using? Just test it now and I was able to send midi to LK which let it pass through a synth. AUM buffer size at 32. Have you tried using a simple project? If you route the midi directly from the source to the target (bypassing LK), does the problem occurs? And if you have midi in clips inside LK, do they correctly send the midi to the targets when you start the session at 32?

• @Jeezs regarding the following report

I'm encountering some issues with the LK's sync functionality with the host, along with a few cumbersome behaviors. Firstly, if the host starts playing from a specific point in the timeline (for example, bar 8), LK invariably begins its sequence from the start. While this isn't a major issue, having the option for LK to commence playback from the same position as the host would be greatly appreciated.

We need to understand if this is a bug that was introduced in version 1.13.0 with all the internal refactors that happened. Can anyone else confirm?

However, a more significant problem arises when I initiate playback from the beginning on both the Host and LK. If I then move the playhead in the host, LK's position does not accurately follow, resulting in the playback of an incorrect part of the sequence. I hope you can address this issue.

What do you mean my accurately? Are you talking about taking into account the clip position based on the transport position? Or do you mean to have follow actions being taken into account?

An ideal solution would be for LK to calculate the playhead's position by considering the follow actions (including scene repeats) and ensuring playback at the correct position within the scene, in alignment with the host's playhead position. This functionality is something that would be beneficial to both LK and BAM. Please let me know if this feature can be implemented.

Well, this is a farfetched request and I would like to clarify if it is related with the previous paragraph. It is not easy to calculate upfront the scene and clip position which a song will be taking into account the host transport playback position, for several reasons:

• the current architecture does not takes that into account because follow actions are non linear. There could even be random follow actions.
    • on LK, clips have follow actions which working independently from scenes.

I will not even consider this as a feature request at this stage. Right now our main focus is to ensure stability and consistent behaviour for the existing feature set.

Thanks!

• edited February 8

@sinosoidal said:
    @Jeezs regarding the following report

I'm encountering some issues with the LK's sync functionality with the host, along with a few cumbersome behaviors. Firstly, if the host starts playing from a specific point in the timeline (for example, bar 8), LK invariably begins its sequence from the start. While this isn't a major issue, having the option for LK to commence playback from the same position as the host would be greatly appreciated.

We need to understand if this is a bug that was introduced in version 1.13.0 with all the internal refactors that happened. Can anyone else confirm?

Can't really tell you. I thought I use to work , but not sure at all.

However, a more significant problem arises when I initiate playback from the beginning on both the Host and LK. If I then move the playhead in the host, LK's position does not accurately follow, resulting in the playback of an incorrect part of the sequence. I hope you can address this issue.

What do you mean my accurately? Are you talking about taking into account the clip position based on the transport position? Or do you mean to have follow actions being taken into account?

No I mean just moving the playhead in the host move LK's playhead at the wrong place in the clip.:
    I try with only one scene with with one clip in LK with (LK clip was 100 bar length ) if I move the host playhead to bar 30 , in LK the bar move to the bar 17.

Another sync problem is when the host has preroll set , and LK has a trigger quantization set in the preferences, LK doesn't start when the host reach the bar 0, it start with delay ( not sure it's 1 bar delay it seems to be a quarter of a bar )

An ideal solution would be for LK to calculate the playhead's position by considering the follow actions (including scene repeats) and ensuring playback at the correct position within the scene, in alignment with the host's playhead position. This functionality is something that would be beneficial to both LK and BAM. Please let me know if this feature can be implemented.

Well, this is a farfetched request and I would like to clarify if it is related with the previous paragraph. It is not easy to calculate upfront the scene and clip position which a song will be taking into account the host transport playback position, for several reasons:

• the current architecture does not takes that into account because follow actions are non linear. There could even be random follow actions.
    • on LK, clips have follow actions which working independently from scenes.

I will not even consider this as a feature request at this stage. Right now our main focus is to ensure stability and consistent behaviour for the existing feature set.

OK I understand

Thanks!