Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• I will wait and see how well they revisit it once it’s a priority for them again. Meanwhile I’m focusing on Oxi One instead of this. Hopefully it’s in a better place in another year or two because it’s beautiful as a tool.

• @henningz said:
    Dear Imaginando,
    please please find and fix at least one of the bugs that makes LK freeze when used in AUM so frequently. Frustratingly, LK is clearly and by far the most unreliable music app that I have ever used, while also being indispendable for iOS music live performance! LK crashes on my when playing, editing and triggering quite simple projects inside AUM, CPU is no issue since I use a 2022 iPad Pro and the AUM CPU load is always under 40%.
    At least once a production day, I get this screen:

I have same problem((

• Hi there 👋
    Anyone using LK for Ableton with an Mac mini M2? If yes, it’s working without issues..?

Thanks in advance
    Slaq

• @wahnfrieden said:
    I will wait and see how well they revisit it once it’s a priority for them again. Meanwhile I’m focusing on Oxi One instead of this. Hopefully it’s in a better place in another year or two because it’s beautiful as a tool.

Without reading through the whole thread what issues are people having? I haven’t had any major issues with it but I just use it for iOS stuff only and just occasionally load it up.

• edited June 2023

Accidentally discovered LK and looks like I'm not subscribing for Logic Pro B)
    Finally good clip launcher and Ableton like midi editor with automation sitting beautifully inside AUM. Where I was sleeping all this time?

• @lazyass said:
    Finally good clip launcher and Ableton like midi editor with automation sitting beautifully inside AUM. Where I was sleeping all this time?

LK is great! Make sure you check out all the modules as each one has something cool to offer. Also the randomizer makes for a lot of fun. It’s one of my favorite sequencers on iOS.

• @HotStrange said:

@lazyass said:

LK is great! Make sure you check out all the modules as each one has something cool to offer. Also the randomizer makes for a lot of fun. It’s one of my favorite sequencers on iOS.

It has a randomizer? Whoa, it's getting even more interesting.

• @lazyass said:

@HotStrange said:

@lazyass said:

It has a randomizer? Whoa, it's getting even more interesting.

It does! And it’s actually pretty useful. It’s in the menu on the right hand side.

• I’ve been trying to use LK in AUM for Ableton-ish pattern control, but it’s completely unreliable. About half the time, it crashes during one operation or another. I’m back to Mozaic scripting and Atom. It’s funky, but it’s consistent.

• @garden said:
    I’ve been trying to use LK in AUM for Ableton-ish pattern control, but it’s completely unreliable. About half the time, it crashes during one operation or another. I’m back to Mozaic scripting and Atom. It’s funky, but it’s consistent.

It would help the developers immensely if you could provide some more specific information and possibly crash logs so that they can investigate and fix the issues.

• It seems to be a bit abandoned since a while?

• I don't know if it's abandoned, the last update was a few months ago, that's more than some apps which haven't been updated in years.

• They don’t answer questions anymore.

• @Janosax said:
    They don’t answer questions anymore.

They posted several months ago that they were beginning work on an ambitious project that would be keeping them busy.

Have you tried contacting them directly? They may not be visiting AB Forum while working on this project.

• @Janosax said:
    They don’t answer questions anymore.

Imaginando, they have replied to me a few times this year when I've messaged for support.

• edited August 2023

Hey!
    First of all I want to apologize everyone thats lacking support from our part. @espiegel123 is right, we are working on something new and ambitious that is taking all our resources. We really need to finish and release it. Even with all of us working full time on it, we’re really struggling to keep the deadlines we’ve defined. We’re delivering all we got to this one.
    I know that you’re expecting LK to be a stable product and I can reassure you all that LK isn’t forgotten. We simply don’t have the time to invest on it for now, but I promise that once our new product is out we’ll be back to LK (and all our other products) and try do fix all the issues you’re having.
    One of the things we value most is our community and all the people that uses and supports our work. We won’t let you all down, and you can count on us to help with the bugs you’re having.
    We appreciate your support all these years, and we are very proud of all the people thats running this journey with us.
    With all that said, I beg for your patience and we hope that this new product can compensate for all this frustrations caused by our absence. And after that LK will return strong!
    If LK could talk it would definitely say “I’ll be back”.
    See you soon!

• The Imaginando crew are a class act. Good luck with the new project. Looking forward to finding out more 🍻

• @xglax said:
    Hey!
    First of all I want to apologize everyone thats lacking support from our part. @espiegel123 is right, we are working on something new and ambitious that is taking all our resources. We really need to finish and release it. Even with all of us working full time on it, we’re really struggling to keep the deadlines we’ve defined. We’re delivering all we got to this one.
    I know that you’re expecting LK to be a stable product and I can reassure you all that LK isn’t forgotten. We simply don’t have the time to invest on it for now, but I promise that once our new product is out we’ll be back to LK (and all our other products) and try do fix all the issues you’re having.
    One of the things we value most is our community and all the people that uses and supports our work. We won’t let you all down, and you can count on us to help with the bugs you’re having.
    We appreciate your support all these years, and we are very proud of all the people thats running this journey with us.
    With all that said, I beg for your patience and we hope that this new product can compensate for all this frustrations caused by our absence. And after that LK will return strong!
    See you soon!

@xglax I couldn't have said it better. Thank you! :blush:

Speaking in which, we are looking for a handful of beta testers for the final stage of the development of this product. Is anyone here interested in giving it spin? We will give priority to long time LK users. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:
    Hey!
    See you soon!

Speaking in which, we are looking for a handful of beta testers for the final stage of the development of this product. Is anyone here interested in giving it spin? We will give priority to long time LK users. :blush:

Definitely!

User of FRMS, and VS here...

Hope whatever it is, is MPE :)

• @Bruques said:

@sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:
    Hey!
    See you soon!

Definitely!

User of FRMS, and VS here...

Hope whatever it is, is MPE :)

Totally, up for it!

• @sinosoidal said:

Yes! LK and FMRS user from day 1, would be glad to help testing

• @sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:
    Hey!
    See you soon!

I would absolutely love that! Been using your apps for years now probably and am a huge fan of your work!

• @Bruques said:
    Definitely!

@Synthi said:

@HotStrange said:
    I would absolutely love that! Been using your apps for years now probably and am a huge fan of your work!

Please send me pvt message with your email :blush:

• Even with the development of the new app, they are still responding. Sent a message last month regarding LK features on Android and they replied quickly.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Bruques said:
    Definitely!

@Synthi said:

@HotStrange said:

Please send me pvt message with your email :blush:

Done 👍🏻

• Hello all, love this app, huge respect to the team responsible.
    Just wondering if any one else is noticing jittering velocity values when you try and adjust multiple at once by dragging, in the piano roll ? They keep jittering and readjusting themselves long after I’ve stopped touching the screen.

Anyone having this problem or know of a fix?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    I’m using Ableton 11 on a MacBook Air m1 with LK on a 2018 ipad 6th gen.

• The Imaginando team has moved on from LK. They have only been working on their new BAM groovebox and not on improving and bugfixing LK anymore.
    Ironically, BAM comes with a functionally completely stripped-down LK matrix module, but it is intended as a DAW-like groovebox. Get in the beta if you like. Interestingly, the LK-like module won't seem to be expanded any time soon for stability reasons ... go figure.
    My guess is that bugfixing LK is too time-consuming (hence costly) for the developers, since the problem seems hard to actually spot and fix (otherwise it would have been fixed long ago).

After more than year of daily LK use and daily crashes and failures, my reasoning is:

LK remains my favorite iOS sequencer workflow-wise, but it is too unreliable for serious music production
    LK is clearly too unreliable for true live
    Drambo is slowly evolving into a clip launch controller and is rock-stable
    Helium has clip launch capabilities and seems very stable so far

Thus, I am transfering all my projects into Helium and/or Drambo and keeping LK only for toying around.
    My advice to new users would be to wait to mid-2024 or so and see if LK got updated before spending any time on it.

Sorry guys, this is a frustrated user/Imaginando enthusiast speaking ...

• @henningz said:
    The Imaginando team has moved on from LK. They have only been working on their new BAM groovebox and not on improving and bugfixing LK anymore.
    Ironically, BAM comes with a functionally completely stripped-down LK matrix module, but it is intended as a DAW-like groovebox. Get in the beta if you like. Interestingly, the LK-like module won't seem to be expanded any time soon for stability reasons ... go figure.
    My guess is that bugfixing LK is too time-consuming (hence costly) for the developers, since the problem seems hard to actually spot and fix (otherwise it would have been fixed long ago).

After more than year of daily LK use and daily crashes and failures, my reasoning is:

LK remains my favorite iOS sequencer workflow-wise, but it is too unreliable for serious music production
    LK is clearly too unreliable for true live
    Drambo is slowly evolving into a clip launch controller and is rock-stable
    Helium has clip launch capabilities and seems very stable so far

Thus, I am transfering all my projects into Helium and/or Drambo and keeping LK only for toying around.
    My advice to new users would be to wait to mid-2024 or so and see if LK got updated before spending any time on it.

Sorry guys, this is a frustrated user/Imaginando enthusiast speaking ...

I think it is a bit bold from you to state that we have moved on from LK...

Yes, we are working on a new product and many here in the forum know that. If you are an enthusiastic Imaginando user you understand that making BAM is mammoth task and we have been stalling ALL products updates to be able release this app this year.

The changes behind the hood to make BAM happen has forced to stop updates to other apps due to the complexity and the massive improvements that have been made to the core of our technology, specially in what regards to parameters handling, stability and reliability.

BAM represents the union of all what we have done in the past in a single product. BAM uses the same core of LK, but evolved, something that LK will inherit when it is updated again.

If you were familiar with our struggles you would understand that it is impossible to work on an update to a complex product while developing an even more complex product on top of the same core features, with a micro sized team, specially when those updates, have always been free of charge.

Sometimes you need to take a step back in order to move two forward. We are precisely in that point.

I must agree with you in two things though:

• LK has stability problems
    • LK will not be updated soon

I strongly believe that in the end LK will benefit from the BAM effort.

• @sinosoidal said:
    I strongly believe that in the end LK will benefit from the BAM effort.

exactly what I had in mind :wink:

• We've just released a new beta (version 1.13.0 build 299). We learned a lot while developing BAM and there were some major structural changes to our base code. With BAM we really wanted to make a rock solid product, that could be efficient, performative and powerful. In contrast, with LK, our main focus was updating the app with all the features you were asking for, and the structural aspect of the code was somewhat neglected since we simply didn't have the time to work on efficiency while introducing new features. With BAM we decided to take a new approach and rethink our previous code. We knew that this would delay BAM release (and consequentially future updates of our existing apps) but we also knew that our apps would benefit from this new product once it was done.
    LK has now been refactored to incorporate all the new baseline code. We are mostly focused on addressing the UI freeze states that some people were experiencing and also on stability/performance.
    Also, please note that LK underwent some major refactoring. Despite thinking LK has all the functionalities working, let us know if something got broken.

We're sorry for all this delay on updating LK. But we're back on action, hoping to deliver you all with a more robust and efficient LK =) Thank you all for your patience and for sticking with us!