Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@onerez said:
    Latest beta crashes all time now in AUM. It happens when I move a fader on my launch control XL. Acutely it happens when ever I touch any controller that I have hooked up.

FWIW, over on the Auria Pro forum there were reports of people with crashes when using external controllers with iOS 14.2 and users of iOS 14.3 beta say that the issue doesn't happen -- and RIM gave the impression that there is a known iOS bug relating to external midi controllers. Maybe that isn't relevant but maybe it is

Hmmm. Been on 14.2 since it came out and this is the first issue I have had with controllers. It did not happen on the previous beta of LK..... so dont know. I wish the 14.* would go away and get us some stable audio iOS. 😀

• edited November 2020

@sinosoidal I just tried the LaunchPad MkII, LK detected it but nothing seemed to be happening when I pressed on the pads or any of the other buttons... Did I miss a setup screen?

• @sinosoidal I have checked and this seems to only be happening to LK. On latest beta build.

• @reasOne I had a similar problem in previous builds, though I would route MIDI through LK, I didn’t try it directly to an AUM channel like you did. That problem is fixed for me, I don’t get crashes anymore. Also, the timing seems tight in the latest build.

@cozido Launchpad MK2 is not yet supported. Fingers crossed it will come soon ‘cause I have one waiting to be abused :). You can still use it to launch clips, but you have to set everything manually and you don’t get feedback, so the pads with remain unlit all the time.

• @branis Thanks, I missed it earlier, just realized that it’s the LaunchPad Mini MkII that’s currently being supported.

• @sinosoidal With the latest beta built I cant even load LK into my AUM project anymore. LK instantly crashes. 😖

It was running fine for a short time, but as soon as I connect Bluetooth inside Aum (no connection to LK, though) it crashed and won’t reload. Sadly I don’t have the time to test this further. I’ll put my midi into Atom clips for now. 😕

• @Artvarg said:
    @sinosoidal With the latest beta built I cant even load LK into my AUM project anymore. LK instantly crashes. 😖

It was running fine for a short time, but as soon as I connect Bluetooth inside Aum (no connection to LK, though) it crashed and won’t reload. Sadly I don’t have the time to test this further. I’ll put my midi into Atom clips for now. 😕

Edit: iPadOS 14.1 on iPad 11” (2018)

• @Artvarg said:
    @sinosoidal With the latest beta built I cant even load LK into my AUM project anymore. LK instantly crashes. 😖

Don’t rely on the beta. Use the version from the store. We still working on it but it will take time.

• Don’t rely on the beta. Use the version from the store. We still working on it but it will take time.

Much better.
    I’m not fit for a beta tester. 😔

• @sinosoidal said:

@ksound said:
    Would you consider a shift button action for the Time Shift left and right buttons to allow for nudging notes in tiny increments? This is really helpful for adding some groove to sequencing, and getting things just a little off the grid.

That's actually a nice idea. Let see how it works. :blush:

Still crossing fingers on this. LK is becoming my main sequencer, and this would put it over the top. I realize, though, that this is how most of us iOS music makers feel about our favorite apps, with perfection always just an update away. 😋

• edited November 2020

@onerez said:
    @sinosoidal I have checked and this seems to only be happening to LK. On latest beta build.

We have been trying to fix the timming issues for playback and recording for 1.8.5 but we have realised it will take much more time than we expected. Therefore, we have adjusted our plans.

Our goal is to release 1.8.5 with the note recording freezes and crashes issues solved and with the new probability feature.

Timming issues will need to wait a bit more. Thanks for your support and comprehension! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@onerez said:
    @sinosoidal I have checked and this seems to only be happening to LK. On latest beta build.

We have been trying to fix the timming issues for playback and recording for 1.8.5 but we have realised it will take much more time than we expected. Therefore, we have adjusted our plans.

Our goal is to release 1.8.5 with the note recording freezes and crashes issues solved and with the new probability feature.

Timming issues will need to wait a bit more. Thanks for your support and comprehension! :blush:

So just so you understand and hopefully this will help you all. I was not having timing issues. The new beta introduced a hard crash of LK when ever I touched any of my midi controllers. I did all the normal things like reboot, reinstall, checked against 100’s of apps that I have and it was only the latest build of LK that this happens to. I find it hard to think that I am the only one that has this issue..... BUT time to move on. I can verify with you that I uninstalled the beta and went back to the current version from the store and wouldn’t you know the crash goes away.

Good luck with your development going forward. I know that its a tough road.

Cheers!

• @sinosoidal said:

Sounds wise to me!
    About beta test:

Beta 3:
    • Fixes crash on midi import to a clip while playing

it works fine for me

Beta 2:
    • Aims to fix crashes/freezes while receiving midi input

it works fine for me only in standalone mode, in AUM crash immediately after connecting the controller, if the controller is already connected and I load LK, it doesn’t load.

Beta 1:
    • Added note probability

it works fine for me

• Added another shift button to the left of the transport bar

I didn't think it could be that useful

iPad Pro 1st gen, iPadOs 13.7, LaunchKey Mini MK3, LK Beta 3

• edited November 2020

Am I right in believing the IAPs for LK are on sale?

I'm usually Beta testing LK but have just installed the store version and see my previous IAP of MIDI Controller is the only one restored.

If they're on sale I should probably get those other IAPs locked in now for if and when the Beta Testing ceases.

Any info on previous & sale prices for these LK IAPs?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Am I right in believing the IAPs for LK are on sale?

I'm usually Beta testing LK but have just installed the store version and see my previous IAP of MIDI Controller is the only one restored.

If they're on sale I should probably get those other IAPs locked in now for if and when the Beta Testing ceases.

Any info on previous & sale prices for these LK IAPs?

All IAP's are half priced until end of November.

• @sinosoidal said:

All IAP's are half priced until end of November.

Thanks for swift reply.

November or December?

And just to confirm.... these below are the sale prices?

• edited November 2020

• @branis said:
    @reasOne I had a similar problem in previous builds, though I would route MIDI through LK, I didn’t try it directly to an AUM channel like you did. That problem is fixed for me, I don’t get crashes anymore. Also, the timing seems tight in the latest build.

@cozido Launchpad MK2 is not yet supported. Fingers crossed it will come soon ‘cause I have one waiting to be abused :). You can still use it to launch clips, but you have to set everything manually and you don’t get feedback, so the pads with remain unlit all the time.

For me the timing become corrupt at tempo below 40 BPM am I the only one to experience this or someone can can confirm the problem ?

• @SpookyZoo said:

Oppppsssss.... my mistake..... end of the November is the correct!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Btw, regarding DRC, when I click on Restore Purchases the couple of banks I bought previously are not restored.

How do I get these back?

Do you have DRC beta installed?

Open App Store and see if you can install from the store, and then, restore purchases.

Purchases made inside the beta, are respective to a sandbox environment. Your real purchases are on the app installed from the app store.

• edited November 2020

@Jeezs said:
    For me the timing become corrupt at tempo below 40 BPM am I the only one to experience this or someone can can confirm the problem ?

We have just uploaded 1.8.5 beta (build 166) which is supposed to fix crashes and freezes while recording notes.

Any attempt of fixing timming issues was removed because we still have big battle ahead for that to happen.

I would like to know if this version fixes the recording issues which handling with midi input from software or hardware controllers.

Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• edited November 2020

@sinosoidal said:

Oppppsssss.... my mistake..... end of the November is the correct!

No worries, I just bought the Matrix and Pads.

@sinosoidal said:

Do you have DRC beta installed?

Open App Store and see if you can install from the store, and then, restore purchases.

Purchases made inside the beta, are respective to a sandbox environment. Your real purchases are on the app installed from the app store.

It was a real purchase with store version, but I'll double check on whether the Beta is installed.

Cheers.

EDIT: Yep, Beta was installed ( I thought I had reinstalled store version like I did with LK, apologies).

Store version installed now and Presets showing. Cheers. Amended post above.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    It was a real purchase with store version, but I'll double check on whether the Beta is installed.

From my experience in years, Restore Purchases works pretty reliably on iOS.

• @sinosoidal said:

@SpookyZoo said:

From my experience in years, Restore Purchases works pretty reliably on iOS.

Yep, all good now. Cheers :)

• edited November 2020

BTW, I just hooked up the Launchpad X to LK.

The session clips all lit up straight away, so this is looking like a cool combo.

Do you have any articles or vids on using LK with LPX? I mean if there is any special integration with the side functions.

cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    BTW, I just hooked up the Launchpad X to LK.

The session clips all lit up straight away, so this is looking like a cool combo.

Do you have any articles or vids on using LK with LPX?

cheers

No...

Maybe you could be the first doing one!!!!

:blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

Ha. I mean if there is any special integration with the side functions?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@sinosoidal said:

Ha. I mean if there is any special integration with the side functions?

You should have session and notes modes working.

Also, the sides volume, pan, stop, mute, solo and recording are also implemented.

• @sinosoidal said:
    We have just published a new build of LK 1.8.5 (build 165) which aims to improve playing and recording timings. There is still working in progress and some bugs around but we think it is important to have your feedback to see if are significant improvements:

Beta 3:

• Aims to improve playing and recording timings
    • Fixes crash on midi import to a clip while playing

Beta 2:

• Aims to fix crashes/freezes while receiving midi input

Beta 1:

• Added note probability
    • Added another shift button to the left of the transport bar

You guys seem very much committed to your library of apps. Even DRC still gets somewhat regular updates, and great preset IAPs for FMRS... free versions, great tutorials... etc.

Pleasure to support! :)

• edited November 2020

Another quick go at using Launchpad X with LK and a couple of observations.

• The session clips colours don't tally between the two, i.e red on LK is blue on LPX, green is orange etc...

• Often, new clips created by importing MIDI aren't displayed on the LPX immediately, unlike copy/pasting clips that do seem to. They only appear after playback is started.

Overall though it's looking like a cool integration.