Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• Another change is to have the tools under the properties inspector layed out in tabs to avoid toggling panels and scrolling up and down.

I like this

• Sounds amazing, can’t wait to test @sinosoidal

• edited January 2022

One LK blank screen crash yesterday, 30 mn new session, without closing AUM with a 15 mn session using Wireless Audio AUV3 just before. Fortunately session has been saved only after LK crash and all LK midi data was restored properly with session re opening. It was mixing on iPad internal speakers.

• @Janosax said:
    One LK blank screen crash yesterday, 30 mn new session, without closing AUM with a 15 mn session using Wireless Audio AUV3. Fortunately session has been saved only after LK crash and all LK midi data was restored properly with session re opening. It was mixing on iPad internal speakers.

This probably means the issue is still around but is happening less frequently. This is not an easy one. :disappointed:

• Hi all , testing the last beta :) in settings , what is " responds to midi start/stop messages" please ? best regards :)

• @paikan777 said:
    Hi all , testing the last beta :) in settings , what is " responds to midi start/stop messages" please ? best regards :)

This means that LK with respond to midi realtime messages when enabled. Let's suppose you have a foot pedal that sends a start message when pressed, and a stop message when pressed again, LK transport will react to those message and start/stop transport.

• edited January 2022

Thank you . Ah ok , this is to have a master device play and stop ( and transports ) control LK from its own transports . ( this is globaly the idea I mean and I believe it was asked for AUM ) Got it thx :)

• @paikan777 said:
    Thank you . Ah ok , this is to have a master device play and stop ( and transports ) control LK from its own transports . ( this is globaly the idea I mean and I believe it was asked for AUM ) Got it thx :)

This was a request from a user who had a foot pedal and wanted to control LK transport with it.

• edited January 2022

@sinosoidal
    Is it possible to support mouse events, for now, scroll doesn’t work and note deletion work erratically.
    Another request is triplet quantize it works at record time but there’s no way to quantize at a later time.
    At least it’s impossible to create note with length inferior to 1/32 so it’s impossible to create snare flame and other fast note effect.

Thanks

• @Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal
    Is it possible to support mouse events, for now, scroll doesn’t work and note deletion work erratically.

This is also we have been requested several times. We need to investigate.

Can you explain better which mouse events and actions lead to erratic note deletion?

Another request is triplet quantize it works at record time but there’s no way to quantize at a later time.

We need to investigate. Thanks for reporting.

At least it’s impossible to create note with length inferior to 1/32 so it’s impossible to create snare flame and other fast note effect.

Opening issue for this. Thanks for reporting.

There is a new LK beta available. (1.12.0 - Build 273). We are testing a composer overhaul. This is what is changing:

• Removed inner drag bar which would allow to see the velocity, probability and automations
    • Added a toggle button to switch between notes view and automations editing
    • Added a setting to song settings to allow LK transport respond to midi realtime start/stop messages
    • Added the ability to change matrix midi assignments using a dialog - @tahiche
    • Automations lines can now become curves when dragging up/down on top of them

We are looking for early feedback specially for the new automations editor approach as many of you have request some of this features and changes in the past.

Thank you! :blush:

• edited January 2022

Thank you for these improvements!
    The clip properties panel icons are very clear, and the automations editor is much more convenient.

For those who can’t find this toggle notes/automation: tap on the NOTES label on just above the piano roll

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/9c/wf0fxlmh70yh.jpeg

• @sinosoidal said:

@Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal

Can you explain better which mouse events and actions lead to erratic note deletion?

There is a new LK beta available. (1.12.0 - Build 273). We are testing a composer overhaul. This is what is changing:

• Removed inner drag bar which would allow to see the velocity, probability and automations
    • Added a setting to song settings to allow LK transport respond to midi realtime start/stop messages

We are looking for early feedback specially for the new automations editor approach as many of you have request some of this features and changes in the past.

You can edit the names of automation lanes now!! That’s a big one for me!! 🙌

It’d be good if the automation lane names were persistent across clips in the same column over different scenes, otherwise you have to name them every time you make a new clip.

The notes/automation as a toggle is fine but it wasn’t particularly obvious it was clickable. It’s better than the drag bar was. Nice to have the extra real estate, especially on iphone.

I couldn’t get the new curve thing to work, but I’m probably not doing it right.

Also feels like a good opportunity to make the automation pencil, eraser etc icons slightly bigger on iphone. I know things are always gonna be fiddly on a small screen but my god they’re tiny! :) also, what are the little icons to the right of the eraser? Like 2 squares on top of each other?

If you tap and drag from the black bar at the bottom during automation, you get what looks like a marquee selection. Not sure if this is supposed to happen?

Awesome improvements though 👍👍👍

• @sinosoidal said:

@Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal

Yes with the Magic Mouse 2 a t least if you click on a note to delete it sometimes it delete it sometimes it don’t.

• @crushed said:
    Thank you for these improvements!
    The clip properties panel icons are very clear, and the automations editor is much more convenient.

For those who can’t find this toggle notes/automation: tap on the NOTES label on just above the piano roll

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/9c/wf0fxlmh70yh.jpeg

This is provisory location. I think the best location for this button will be the toolbar with a proper icon but we haven't fully decided yet.

• @gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal

It’d be good if the automation lane names were persistent across clips in the same column over different scenes, otherwise you have to name them every time you make a new clip.

This is a setting per clip, as other clips might not have the same label for the same cc, right? Making it available per tracks might not seem very logical because if you paste a clip from a another track, it would get the new lanes names.

What if this gets along if the clip is copied/pasted?

The notes/automation as a toggle is fine but it wasn’t particularly obvious it was clickable. It’s better than the drag bar was. Nice to have the extra real estate, especially on iphone.

This is a really really raw beta. One of the main goals was to be on TestFlight for early feedback. We are looking to have a nice icon on the toolbar instead. But at this stage we are open to suggestions.

I couldn’t get the new curve thing to work, but I’m probably not doing it right.

Also feels like a good opportunity to make the automation pencil, eraser etc icons slightly bigger on iphone. I know things are always gonna be fiddly on a small screen but my god they’re tiny! :)

Sounds reasonable

also, what are the little icons to the right of the eraser? Like 2 squares on top of each other?

copy/paste of automations. You can have a selection of automations, copy it and then paste it on another clip.

We are ironing the interaction to allow selection without having to untoggle between notes and automations. Next beta should have that

If you tap and drag from the black bar at the bottom during automation, you get what looks like a marquee selection. Not sure if this is supposed to happen?

Probably a left over bug.

Awesome improvements though 👍👍👍

Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• @Jeezs said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal

Yes with the Magic Mouse 2 a t least if you click on a note to delete it sometimes it delete it sometimes it don’t.

Ok, thanks for your feeedback!

• @sinosoidal said:

@gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jeezs said:
    @sinosoidal

This is a setting per clip, as other clips might not have the same label for the same cc, right? Making it available per tracks might not seem very logical because if you paste a clip from a another track, it would get the new lanes names.

What if this gets along if the clip is copied/pasted?

Yeah that sounds reasonable! 👍

• I want to use LK and Loopy Pro together in AUM and use my Launchpad X with Loopy. I turn off the LPX in LK but when I load the AUM project again LK takes over the Launchpad again. Is there any way how to make the controller settings in LK permanent? It does not seem to store it in its AU state.

• @krassmann said:
    I want to use LK and Loopy Pro together in AUM and use my Launchpad X with Loopy. I turn off the LPX in LK but when I load the AUM project again LK takes over the Launchpad again. Is there any way how to make the controller settings in LK permanent? It does not seem to store it in its AU state.

Presumably it’s the same issue with LK hosted in loopy as well.

• @gregsmith

To use the automation curves, you must have the shift button enabled. Then, just move the lines between automation nodes up and down, and they will curve accordingly.

• @krassmann said:
    I want to use LK and Loopy Pro together in AUM and use my Launchpad X with Loopy. I turn off the LPX in LK but when I load the AUM project again LK takes over the Launchpad again. Is there any way how to make the controller settings in LK permanent? It does not seem to store it in its AU state.

Do you turn off LPX under the MIDI tab, or under the Controllers tab?

• @xglax said:
    @gregsmith

To use the automation curves, you must have the shift button enabled. Then, just move the lines between automation nodes up and down, and they will curve accordingly.

Ah! Thank you. Forgot about the shift button

• @gregsmith said:

@xglax said:
    @gregsmith

Ah! Thank you. Forgot about the shift button

My bad! Didn't provide all the necessary information... :blush:

• Loving the update! 🙌👏👏👏

Added the ability to change matrix midi assignments using a dialog - @tahiche

This is great news!.

Now that we’re here, got a question… Is it possible to record from the tiny keyboard in the clip inspector?. I love how you can filter notes to a scale and it’s very handy to play on that. The chord module does have something similar but I can’t get the same result.

• the apple pencil no longer works in the matrix editor. is this a known problem @sinosoidal

• @TomNoise said:
    the apple pencil no longer works in the matrix editor. is this a known problem @sinosoidal

Sorry for the regression. The problem is solved in the latest beta of LK (1.12.0 - Build 274)

• edited January 2022

@tahiche said:
    Loving the update! 🙌👏👏👏

Added the ability to change matrix midi assignments using a dialog - @tahiche

This is great news!.

Now that we’re here, got a question… Is it possible to record from the tiny keyboard in the clip inspector?

We have opened issue.

I love how you can filter notes to a scale and it’s very handy to play on that. The chord module does have something similar but I can’t get the same result.

Sorry, I didn't get this one and how it relates with the chorder.

• @sinosoidal said:
    Sorry, I didn't get this one and how it relates with the chorder.

I mean this note bar here… that’s what I’m calling “similar”.

I’d like to get it to play the same notes as the piano on the editor when you choose a scale. I don’t know what notes are mapped to that “ribbon” in the Chorder.

• @xglax said:

@krassmann said:

Sorry that it took me so long to test this. Work keeps me very busy these days.

When I turn the LPX off in the Midi section and then everything works as expected and LK does not take over the Launchpad again. Thank you for pointing this out. Anyway, I find this unintuitive. Why isn’t it enough to turn it off as a controller?

• edited January 2022

@krassmann said:

@xglax said:

@krassmann said:

Sorry that it took me so long to test this. Work keeps me very busy these days.

When I turn the LPX off in the Midi section and then everything works as expected and LK does not take over the Launchpad again. Thank you for pointing this out. Anyway, I find this unintuitive. Why isn’t it enough to turn it off as a controller?

We were expecting precisely the opposite. That it would be disabled by simply untoggling the respective item under controllers. We need to see what is going on.