Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• edited December 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    @ambrosiajam : why do you attribute this to LK. What happens when you send notes to your drum machine from another sequencer or keyboard app?

I just said in my last post that it’s a problem with my Roland tr-8s, as far as I can tell, and I DID send the notes to other apps with LK and it worked fine.

It was not an issue in the past, so whether it came up with the recent firmware update, software updates, or some other issue - I don’t know, Like I said, I’ll just keep messing around with it and if it’s not something I can do, then it’s fine. I am new to using LK and it also never happened before, although it’s been a while since I had my tr-8s sync’d to the iPad.
    I only thought it was LK at first because I saw in someone’s tutorial video one time that certain note groups will choke the notes, but that was actually regarding a different app, and they were triggering it with LK.

• @ambrosiajam said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @ambrosiajam : why do you attribute this to LK. What happens when you send notes to your drum machine from another sequencer or keyboard app?

I just said in my last post that it’s a problem with my Roland tr-8s, as far as I can tell, and I DID send the notes to other apps with LK and it worked fine.

It was not an issue in the past, so whether it came up with the recent firmware update, software updates, or some other issue - I don’t know, Like I said, I’ll just keep messing around with it and if it’s not something I can do, then it’s fine. I am new to using LK and it also never happened before, although it’s been a while since I had my tr-8s sync’d to the iPad.
    I only thought it was LK at first because I saw in someone’s tutorial video one time that certain note groups will choke the notes, but that was actually regarding a different app, and they were triggering it with LK.

Could you try it with something neutral, like the AUM screen keyboard?

I wonder if the TR-8S has trouble with notes at exactly the same time?

• Hello folks!

I have a problem regarding triggering of clips with "irregular" bar lenghts. A simple example: "Trigger Quantization" in LK is set to 1 bar, global "Signature" to 4/4. I have two scenes, each containing one clip. The first has a length of 4 bars of 4/4. The second has a length of 3x 4/4 plus one bar of 3/4. The second one I get to loop seamlessly by setting the loop end marker to the desired position. So far, so good.

Now if I have clip 2 playing and trigger clip 1 during the last bar of clip 2 (the 3/4 bar), the switch to clip 1 will always occur after a bar of 4/4, causing 1/4 of silence. LK seems to assume "a bar" to always be of the length specified by the global "Signature" parameter, so it doesn't help to change the length and individual signature of clip 2 to be 1 bar of 15/4 either. (I can get around that problem by setting Trigger Quantization to 1/4, but that leads to another issue, because, well, 1/4 often is too short a time for comfortably switching between scenes/clips.)

Could one of several possible solutions to this be a clip parameter like "switch to next triggered clip on loop end" (that becomes effective when the triggering occurs within that last "shortened" bar in which the loop end resides)? (And it would then be important that the beginning of this next triggered clip is seen as the new 1 or downbeat. I add this because I don't know if the shortened clip 2 in some way would mess with LK's idea where the 1/downbeat from then on should be, which could lead to further issues.)

If I should be missing a simple or already existing solution please feel free to set me straight! ;)

• @xglax said:
    @Janosax

The new beta (build 270) tries to fix the issue you've reported regarding the pitch bend. If there is still any problem please let me know.

It seems that it works perfectly now, thanks great job 👏

• @Janosax said:

@xglax said:
    @Janosax

The new beta (build 270) tries to fix the issue you've reported regarding the pitch bend. If there is still any problem please let me know.

It seems that it works perfectly now, thanks great job 👏

Awesome news!

• I’m trying to get my setup in Aum with LK as a sequencer.
    Problems:
    when switching “scenes”

1.there’s overlap kick
    2. no note off so stuck notes on loops

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0exwipiu65n7tow/final.MOV?dl=0

• edited December 2021

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I’m trying to get my setup in Aum with LK as a sequencer.
    Problems:
    when switching “scenes”

1.there’s overlap kick

I guess update didn’t fix hanging notes/no note off when jumping through scene.

Still double notes when jumping through scenes only when host running.
    Hear it on video attached on the kick and on percussion loop

• @sinosoidal I’ve been playing with LK in loopy recently and it’s mostly working, but I’m getting this quite often in the au window.

Might be worth talking to @Michael

• @gregsmith said:
    @sinosoidal I’ve been playing with LK in loopy recently and it’s mostly working, but I’m getting this quite often in the au window.

@Michael are you able to give any kind of insight from a dev perspective? Thanks!

• @gregsmith said:
    @sinosoidal I’ve been playing with LK in loopy recently and it’s mostly working, but I’m getting this quite often in the au window.

I am seeing this a lot, too. If the clips were set up, LK will play them but there is no u.I.

• @sinosoidal said:

@gregsmith said:

@Michael are you able to give any kind of insight from a dev perspective? Thanks!

We’d have to ask LK’s developers, I think

• @Michael said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gregsmith said:

That is the LK developer @sinosoidal :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Michael said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gregsmith said:

That is the LK developer @sinosoidal :sunglasses:

Oh that’s you Nuno! Haha. I was thrown by the “from a dev perspective“ 😄

Yeah, I really have no idea I’m afraid – I think I’d have to have a look at the codebase. Happy to do that if it would help.

• edited December 2021

Could it be a simple thing like maxing the plug-in window?
    I've seen some plug-ins fail on the iPhone 8 (with other hosts) when there's not enough room on the screen/window.

• @Samu said:
    I've seen some plug-ins fail on the iPhone 8 (with other hosts) when there's not enough room on the screen/window.

It happens regardless. And happens even if ui was already drawn successfully. Once triggered nothing fixes it except reboot

• @espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

It happens regardless. And happens even if ui was already drawn successfully. Once triggered nothing fixes it except reboot

I’ve found a quick way to get it back. If you have the LK au window open, then nudge up from the bottom as if you’re going to switch apps, but don’t actually switch, the interface shows again.

This works on the phone anyway. Not tried iPad yet.

• @gregsmith said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

I’ve found a quick way to get it back. If you have the LK au window open, then nudge up from the bottom as if you’re going to switch apps, but don’t actually switch, the interface shows again.

@Michael I have never been reported of such similar behavior before. I didn't tried myself to reproduce the problem on our side yet but there must be some awkard interaction happening.

• @gregsmith said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me.

@sinosoidal @Michael : while this can get triggered by a number of things seemingly at random. One 100% reproducible way for me is to have the LK window be open in Loopy Pro, switch out of Loopy Pro and then back. No amount of resizing (even to maximum size) or nudging will bring back the u.i.

Even opening a new Loopy Project and reopening the project with LK doesn't solve it -- so it seems like the LK AU is referencing something left over that persists when reinstantiating.

• @espiegel123 said:

@gregsmith said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

@sinosoidal @Michael : while this can get triggered by a number of things seemingly at random. One 100% reproducible way for me is to have the LK window be open in Loopy Pro, switch out of Loopy Pro and then back. No amount of resizing (even to maximum size) or nudging will bring back the u.i.

Even opening a new Loopy Project and reopening the project with LK doesn't solve it -- so it seems like the LK AU is referencing something left over that persists when reinstantiating.

Just after posting this, I found something that fixes it and made gives a clue. If I double-click the home button while in Loopy Pro which brings up the system's thumbnails of recent apps (maybe this is what Greg Smith meant by nudging up) then LK redraws it window.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@gregsmith said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

Just after posting this, I found something that fixes it and made gives a clue. If I double-click the home button while in Loopy Pro which brings up the system's thumbnails of recent apps (maybe this is what Greg Smith meant by nudging up) then LK redraws it window.

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant - my phone doesn’t have a home button but nudging up is the equivalent.

• Oh, another LK Loopy Pro issue I had today…

I have a loopy project on my iPhone with LK in it. I saved it and airdropped to my iPad. When i reopened it, all the LK stuff was gone, as if I’d only just added it to loopy.

LK is fine if I reopen the project locally on my iPhone.

Not sure what’s happening here @Michael - not sure if it’s just state saving issues.

This doesn’t happen in AUM.

• @gregsmith said:
    Oh, another LK Loopy Pro issue I had today…

I have a loopy project on my iPhone with LK in it. I saved it and airdropped to my iPad. When i reopened it, all the LK stuff was gone, as if I’d only just added it to loopy.

Not sure what’s happening here @Michael - not sure if it’s just state saving issues.

Interesting. Would you mind sending me that airdropped version?

• @gregsmith said:

You might want to send the project to Michael to look at -- to see if the problem was on the saving or the restoring side.

• A question regarding Program Change messages: I tried to map PC messages from a foot controller to clips via MDI learn, but nothing happens. When I try to record PC messages in a clip, nothing is recorded. Is there a filter somewhere that I have to disable?

I know there had been a problem with PC messages always switching projects, but that has been fixed with an addition to the settings page. Enabling this option does indeed switch projects in LK in, so they are entering LK alright. But I can‘t find a way to record or map them… .

• @Michael said:

@gregsmith said:

Interesting. Would you mind sending me that airdropped version?

Just sent it. Hope that helps 🤞

• I just love it when devs start talking to each other publicly and we get to watch. Specially some of my favorite ones. Aww... get a room guys, and happy new year 🥳

• edited January 2022

I could have sworn I used to be able to trigger the first scene in LK just by pressing record in AUM.

Now it plays the clips from scene 1 but doesn’t actually trigger the scene, so I don’t get the follow actions.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

EDIT: ok, figured it out. You have to press the little chain link next to Host under Clock Source in LK. When enabled it turns yellow. Then when you press record, it triggers the scene.

• @slicetwo said:
    @sinosoidal I've been experiencing a TON of crashes and bugs with LK under various circumstances, though they're all in AUM.

1. I have 4 clips (3 in one column, 1 in another). Routed to Drambo in AUM with one synth. That channel is bussed to another channel with a delay on it. LK is either hanging notes, or completely freezing. When I try and open it, the AU window is blank.

2. I'll write out a four note chord 1 bar long. I select all 4 notes to resize. They all resize to different sizes at the same time (so one will go to 3/4 bar, one 1/4 bar, etc.). Same happens if I try to make notes longer.

3. I'll load up LK. Make some clips. Go into their properties to rename them, the keyboard doesn't show up. Go back into AUM to test the keyboard, and it shows up fine.

4. Sometimes, LK just goes red-slashes-of-death on my when I am trying to copy, rename, or otherwise just use it. Even reloading the AU doesn't help, it just crashes again.

5. Placing notes in the composer doesn't always work. Sometimes they don't show up at all, or they don't let me drag them to size.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but my controller CC assignments and labels on the control panel do not save in my presets. I have templates that I've made for my AUM session, and it seems that I need to reassign them every time.

Still can't figure out what you were talking about with mapping the vol/pan in the composer to AUM, either.

Thanks!

Are you still having this issue? We are particulary looking for this behaviour in which LK windows appears blank.

We believe it is somehow related with so awkward interaction between AUv3 and/or MIDI configuration. We just need to find a way of reproducing it sistematically. We are doubling our efforts in trying to replicate this issue as it has been around for a
    while.

@Pxlhg haven't you had this too? You reported it back in September.

Thanks! :blush:

• @ambrosiajam said:
    This is becoming very frustrating for me, I can’t figure this out no matter where I look in the manual so I hope someone here can help me

I’m trying to use this as a drum machine sequencer but it chokes notes if I have more than one note triggered on the piano roll. I tried this with other apps and it did the same thing. How I get it to be able to play more than one note? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question…but it’s making me mad and once someone gets mad, well…let’s just say I’m not thinking clearly anymore. Hopefully it’s just a simple solution…

Thanks in advance for whoever might be able to point me in the right direction

LK does not choke notes by itself. It just sends the midi out. You can see that using midi spy.

Can you explain a little better your setup so we can try to help?

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I’m trying to get my setup in Aum with LK as a sequencer.
    Problems:
    when switching “scenes”

1.there’s overlap kick

I guess update didn’t fix hanging notes/no note off when jumping through scene.

Still double notes when jumping through scenes only when host running.
    Hear it on video attached on the kick and on percussion loop

We have tried to reproduce this using AUM + LK + Beathawk.

We have created 4 by 4 beats clip and we have tried to switch between the two. We could not hear doubled kick. I can hear it on your video though. Maybe there is some particularity about your setup.

Can you try to create the minimal AUM project that replicates this issue? Thanks! :blush: