Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Merged Drambo thread

Comments

• @GrimLucky said:
    I’ve been trying to ration my Dramboing for fear of falling into the same rabbit hole as Reaktor on the desktop. Done ok with just a few patches so far....

To avoid using that stupid security usb dongle all the time, I eventually downloaded a cracked version of Reaktor :smiley:

• @jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:
    I’ve been trying to ration my Dramboing for fear of falling into the same rabbit hole as Reaktor on the desktop. Done ok with just a few patches so far....

To avoid using that stupid security usb dongle all the time, I eventually downloaded a cracked version of Reaktor :smiley:

What ?
    NI don't use dongles, I think you just outed yourself as a warez user, not particularly surprising.

• Crazy thread merge just happened.
    Did you use Drambo to do that?

• @Turntablist said:

@jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:

What ?
    NI don't use dongles, I think you just outed yourself as a warez user, not particularly surprising.

Oh no. You got me.
    Warez for life. (The viruses heat up the CPU to give you a warmer sound.

Actually, I still have the CDs for Mac & PC including the huge printed manual.

I chucked the dongle in the garbage though.

• edited June 2020

fantastic.

• Warped reality.....mmmmm, I kinda like it!

• My God, it's full of Drambo

• Drambo here, drambo there....... Drambo in its own thread lol. Good show.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2020

@Turntablist said:

@jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:

What ?

Yeah, they did. He’s talking about Reaktor. And if he had Reaktor on version 3, he would need a dongle. NI got rid of the dongle on version 4 of Reaktor.

Look it up before you accuse somebody of warez.

King

• @drez said:

@Turntablist said:

@jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:

What ?

Yeah, they did. He’s talking about Reaktor. And if he had Reaktor on version 3, he would need a dongle. NI got rid of the dongle on version 4 of Reaktor.

Only had it from V5 so no dongle, the current Native Access system is probably the easiest desktop installation experience IMO.

• @GrimLucky said:

@drez said:

@Turntablist said:

@jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:

What ?

Only had it from V5 so no dongle, the current Native Access system is probably the easiest desktop installation experience IMO.

Right, but he wasn’t saying you didn’t have a dongle, it was @jolico he was referring to.

• How do you actually save via samplers?

I can import say a kick drum that was recorded in aum. Theres a file in files that links to audioshare. So I guess I can somehow save to icloud if the file has access to icloud or an external drive.

Ok. so.

I hope I can save to somewhere in case I reset ipad?

Is the imported file another copy of where its imported from?

How do I save via samplers. Theres a sample that spans a track. Recording via aum and importing will make it different. There seems to be no option to save when you record via sampler. If there is how do you then save anywhere else?

• @KING said:

King

Hahaha, it’s true it’s gone a bit mad in the last couple of days. Drambowave. All fairly chilled out at beepstreet forum. Audiobus supermagnetism at work.

• This is obviously sampling into a sampler in an fx slot. How do you save?

• @BCKeys said:
    Who the f*ck has deleted my thread about drambo ???
    We cant be ironic here ? 👀

It was probably merged into this one. Not deleted.

It can be confusing when threads are merged.

• lmao im never posting about drambo again this has been a nightmare

• @itsaghost said:
    lmao im never posting about drambo again this has been a nightmare

• edited June 2020

@sigma79 said:
    This is obviously sampling into a sampler in an fx slot. How do you save?

If you tap the waveform display in say, FlexiSampler, you get an edit window where you can trim and slice. You can Save in this window too. The path says Local/Samples, which is the Local Drambo folder.
    Once you save your sample, hit ‘Load’ in the same window. You can see your saved samples and choose them to Export.

• edited June 2020

@itsaghost said:
    lmao im never posting about drambo again this has been a nightmare

Ha! : 4 "Why Drambo" Threads - T'was Exciting! - for a moment..

King

• It dosent save. Been trying to save this way thats why resorted to saving via aum.

When you first click save within edit. It allows you to rename, with local/samples underneath. You cant save at that point.

So you enter local/samples and press the save to close the edit/save window but it dosent save.

Noticed on a thread there was orange and or white writing somewhere but isnt here.

• edited June 2020

@KING said:
    ... Sometimes Clicking, takes a lot of Ticking - Ticking = Time..

King

• I was able to save a kick drum I think but I recorded via aum/created an folder to import to drambo as I was needing to adjust the offset everytime opening sample, so that the sample didnt have a gap before sample played. Cant just pull sample over or save new start point.

• Yeh I think I was able to save via drambo but cant now.

I recorded via aum because I had to adjust the start point of sample, when opening sample.

• CracklePot.

Can you detail save more.

Thanks.

• For me, the concept behind Drambo is brilliant. The problem isn't the lack of knowledge of how modular works as I cut my modular teeth on cables, patchbays, matrices, etc. I just haven't been able to wrap my brain around the workflow, even after watching the various youtube videos. :lol: Old dog, new tricks and all that.

• Anyone know how to save. Its proper annoying.

• @sigma79 said:
    It dosent save. Been trying to save this way thats why resorted to saving via aum.

When you first click save within edit. It allows you to rename, with local/samples underneath. You cant save at that point.

So you enter local/samples and press the save to close the edit/save window but it dosent save.

Noticed on a thread there was orange and or white writing somewhere but isnt here.

You only need to go into Local/Samples if you need to save to a new or sub folder in the main Samples folder. You just select the destination folder at this stage.
    To actually save your sample, you enter a name and hit ‘return’ on the keyboard. That will complete the process and close the save dialog.
    You can enter the name of an existing sample, and you will get a prompt to overwrite the existing sample.
    You can sample in AUM from the FX slot, save your sample, and the sample is immediately available in the standalone version. So no weird business sharing between AU and standalone, either.

• Its just a bizzare system. I cant save anything via sampler and I dont know if having samples in a file on ipad plus imported to drambo will use double gb's. Then importing from icloud via drambo takes you to a drambo folder. Where does the files on ipad be part of that?

I knew ipad folder system was ment to be dodgy but this is stupid.