Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Merged Drambo thread

Comments

• @Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

I was hoping someone might realise this thread was tongue in cheek 🙄

Going on what? Were you pulling a cheeky grin when you posted it?

Touché I suppose.
    But 2 other pre-existing threads with near-identical names should have raised at least a little suspicion that this one might be satirical...

• @TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

Touché I suppose.
    But 2 other pre-existing threads with near-identical names should have raised at least a little suspicion that this one might be satirical...

Now everybody stop moaning and @Michael if you don’t mind please close this thread as it clearly is going the opposite way to what was intended

• At least someone gets it

• I guess, it's Cucumber time between big releases.

• I'll love Drambo with multi-out. Multi-out is the feature of the year!!!

AUM / @j_liljedahl be praised. 🙏

• @auxmux said:
    I'll love Drambo with multi-out. Multi-out is the feature of the year!!!

AUM / @j_liljedahl be praised. 🙏

What about Drambo with AuV3 hosting?

• @jolico We'll see re: hosting. It'll be impressive for sure.

I'm more of a AUM-bian right now, vs a Drambite. I'll change my iOS religious affiliation if it suits me.

• @TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:

Touché I suppose.

No worries, bit subtle for us fly-by posters.

• It’s like an Orthogonal Devices ER-301 for ipad. But with a better interface and better samplers. 👍🏻

• How do I love Drambo? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of tune
    For the ends of being and ideal pace.
    I love Drambo to the level of every day's
    Most ambient need, from day to midnight.
    I love thee freely, as a GrooveBox maker.
    I love thee purely, as i tune FlexiSampler.
    I love thee with the passion put to use
    In my old samples, and with my childhood's mirth.
    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    With my abandoned apps. I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after MultiOut.

• edited June 2020

Seriously. It's getting annoying the backlash Drambo is receiving for actually being a solution to numerous problems. It's like if people suddenly got up in arms every time Mozaic was offered as a solution or when someone said 'oh, a script can be written for that'.

Drambo is still a new and not fully understood concept to most people who hadn't followed its development for the past couple years. I think it has a reputation of just being another modular, albeit a different approach to the format. It's not yet common or accepted knowledge that Drambo is a valid midi utility that can perform necessary and useful functions such as - filtering, remapping, keyboard splits / zones, arpeggiation, transposition, midi fx such as retrigger and chase, CC smoothing, custom CC controllers, macro support, midi monitoring and more. Hell, it can even be a simple oscilloscope. Most of those functions are just single modules, or in some cases a small handful. There are entire apps dedicated to tackling just a single one of those functions. This is why Drambo is being offered in so many scenarios. It does the job, and it doesn't require bizarre workarounds or deep modular experience.

So Drambo doesn't need to be a groovebox, or a modular synthesizer at all. It doesn't even need to produce any sound on its own. It can be a simple sequencer, midi looper, or midi event processor. It's light, cpu efficient, and can cover tasks that used to require custom scripts - which is even harder than modular for most people to grasp. Anyway, there is a new utility app in town, and it should be accepted for the utility that it is.

@jolico said:

@Paulinko said:
    I am not a big fan of leading questions either.

I enjoy modular apps and to have one where there’s plenty of connection options, modules, MIDI I/O, sample I/O, and no messy and tedious cabling to deal with all in an AUv3 app are why I like Drambo.

I am very appreciative of the users who have shared their Drambo patches and even modified them in response to goals I was trying to achieve. I like being able to make things I want rather than feeling like I have to nag developers for features when my own very niche usage cases would not be worth their time or effort.

Using the app allows me to learn more about synthesis, effects, sample manipulation, and MIDI processing. It gives me a greater appreciation for how talented app developers are. It’s not so easy to create apps any more than any self righteous delusional fool can buy a guitar and think they’re going to sound like Jimi Hendrix , who when this doesn’t occur, blame the cheap ass guitar.

What I don’t like about the app is the divisiveness it has brought to the forum. It’d be my preference that enthusiasts for Drambo wouldn’t flood every thread with, you can do it with Drambo and that the Drambo skeptics who’ve never purchased let alone used the app, would just STFU too. There is of course no way I can influence these posters any more than I can bring about world peace.

But you actually can do it with Drambo.

No need to criticize it just because they can’t.

I’m sure they have no idea how to use most of their audio apps properly, but we don’t see them criticizing those.

Maybe it’s just a bandwagon thing.

• edited June 2020

All you Drambo lovers should post more in https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/drambo ;)

• @onerez said:
    So once again I am an idiot so I will blame most of this on me.... but I would really like to hear some Beef!! Some warmth come out of Drambo instead of bleeps and boops... can it be done? Can it be done with out putting together 20 modules? Maybe I just dont get it and I have to really go back to the basics.... or re set my expectations. I was hoping for another Sunrizer,Zeeon but better..... I have yet to hear(maybe I have not found it yet) a solid nice warm deep bass. The flexi sampler has my interest and I will address that in another way later......

It'll get a lot warmer with the upcoming analog filter emulations. I'd love some more distortion algorithms as well personally. But yea maybe wait until these things are released and try again?

• Because people would rather surf the internet than make music. Wait, what?

• @quartzite said:
    All you Drambo lovers should post more in https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/drambo ;)

And Dr___bo haters should spend more time in https://www.mobilemontessori.org/

• edited June 2020

@Identor said:
    I guess, it's Cucumber time between big releases.

Mmmm, the anticipation of the big release.

• edited June 2020

I bought on release to support an awesome developer during crazy times in the world, but haven’t used it yet for many of the reasons listed here. But it’s an aspiration. It may have to wait until I get an iPad to use late this year - I think the iphone version would be too challenging overall given the scope of the app. It’s also possible that modular just isn’t my thing, but too early to call that one. I can say the modular apps with wires aren’t my thing.

Spending more time with my 2 basic hardware synths will continue to help my fundamentals - can’t recommend having at least one hardware synth enough if you want to get better at synthesis, even simple 1:1 ones like I bought.

• We are all Drambo

• Because Drambo

• Drambo is love

• I think “don’t love” and “hate” are vastly different.

I think Drambo is super neat. I think it has given a lot of people something they were missing and will ultimately lead to more creativity in our little slice of the music world.

I guess I read this as more of a “what is keeping you from using Drambo”. Which I think is probably a cool topic because I think there are a lot of people who want to be into Drambo because it sounds cool. But ultimately it’s not for everyone. It’s a the tool of an advanced hobbyist. It’s great for the people it’s made for. For everyone else, grab Lagrange, Continua, and Shockwave and just go at it.

• edited June 2020

Idead for tommorow thread: Why do you love Drambo but don't use it?

• I love Drambo because it delivered on making Impaktor even more powerful.

• @onerez said:
    ... but I would really like to hear some Beef!! Some warmth come out of Drambo instead of bleeps and boops... can it be done?

Yes, sure!

Can it be done with out putting together 20 modules?

Depends on what you think is a "solid nice warm deep bass"... Examples please!
    Drambo is not like miRack where you have some very advanced modules containing a lot of functionality.
    Drambo is made to build stuff with small, simple modules instead, naturally often requiring more modules to build the same thing. But it's more flexible this way.

Maybe I just dont get it and I have to really go back to the basics.... or re set my expectations. I was hoping for another Sunrizer,Zeeon but better.....

That's the thing. It's not. p
    You open Sunrizer or Zeeon and you have a ready-made synth that only requires a few knob turns to make one of the presets sound great.
    You open Drambo and you have an empty workspace.
    But on patchstorage.com, you'll find a number of very good synths and effects if you only spend the time loading, understanding and working with them a little.

@giku_beepstreet please sir I know you worked your butt of on this and continue.... I would gladly send you some extra cash just because of Zeeon and Sunrizer....... I am just a bit lost and it makes me crazy to think that maybe I am crazy that I only hear thin bleeps and bloops...... like i said its probably me. You are a great Dev and do not take me personal on this!!!

This forum and http://forum.beepstreet.com/ are still good places to ask for help, and
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ is a huge resource of examples (now 178 user creations!), plus a number of well-made videos mainly on Youtube.

All of this can be had for free although many hours of quality work and dedication have been invested into all that, but some folks would probably value it more if it was rather expensive stuff to purchase, dunno...

• @rs2000 Thank you for the reply!!!

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    If you all are doing challenges, do a Jupiter 8 pls

Hey indeed, I know that @horsetrainer had plans to do exactly that one day 😉

• edited June 2020

@jolico said:

@Turntablist said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads in the past day of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr for his new app like this?

You are kidding, right ?
    The way the over the top crazies posted various Drambo love in threads since its release, it balances it out nicely.
    And dont even dare coming the "show the dev some respect" nonsense either, with the amount of "I can build that in Drambo" in other developers threads.
    What goes around, comes around.

Why don't I like Drambo, simple, extremely poor development choices, from its interface it is obvious it started out as a drum machine, then you know, feature creep, unfortunately that feature creep did not include completely overhauling the UX and making it an intuitive nodal form free interface, the modules are in place to do so, the engine is in place to do so, but it got released as some hybrid pad based left to right connection paradigm system that is completely unintuitive for the majority of people after the "ewww look at all the shiny shiny" first week.

I hope for the developers sake, he makes every new feature on it an IAP or moves on, it is a rabbit hole that could easily break him.

Poor development choices seems to be quite a thing with iOS developers, and we have already seen that force a great one to look elsewhere for income in recent times.

You sound like an expert.
    Do you use preset patterns or do you just play pre-mixed Deadmaufive Cds?

What a surprise, state an opinion, which you even start with "Why I" notice the I there, and the fanbois still have to jump on you with insults, for having an opinion, nice one all seeing overlord, we shall all deem to have the same opinion as you, or live in fear of your special brand of extremely weak insults, deadmau5 indeed.

• edited June 2020

@rs2000 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    If you all are doing challenges, do a Jupiter 8 pls

Hey indeed, I know that @horsetrainer had plans to do exactly that one day 😉

It's still a work in progress (Vintage synth emulation in general). My Jupiter 8 studies led to OB-X and Prophet 5 research, which in turn led to the "Voice Layers Module" request I posted about in the Wish-List section of the Drambo forum this morning.

Maybe it's time to take a fresh look at Jupiter 8 emulation. I might be able to make more successful second attempt from what I learned by doing two months of Voice Layer experiments.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.