Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Merged Drambo thread

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    drambo is kinda tough to dive into imo but i still love it and feel that with enough time spent it’ll get easier and do things that now take several apps to do.
    while some compare it to euro rack or mirack i don’t feel it’s in competition with that market yet rather a different approach to creation. mirack is my fav app and could be all i ever have to use to make music and tinker around but i still return to drambo and other apps as i find them all very fun and a great escape from reality, which is what brought me to making music to begin with

for me its not drambo vs anything, it’s drambo with everything

• @reasOne said:
    drambo is kinda tough to dive into imo but i still love it and feel that with enough time spent it’ll get easier and do things that now take several apps to do.
    while some compare it to euro rack or mirack i don’t feel it’s in competition with that market yet rather a different approach to creation. mirack is my fav app and could be all i ever have to use to make music and tinker around but i still return to drambo and other apps as i find them all very fun and a great escape from reality, which is what brought me to making music to begin with

yeah i definitely think the more time i spend with it, the more i’ll start to understand it. actually since i posted this, ive played around with it some more and im starting to get the hang of it better! i’m excited to see what i can use it for, especially as an audio effect.

and yeah i’m the same way. playing with new apps definitely helps me zone out and destress. even if i never end up putting anything out, it’s the process that makes me excited and happy, no matter what app i use (except axon 2, that one kinda stresses me out lmao)

• edited June 2020

@itsaghost said:
    so i wanna start off by saying that i’m pretty new to the idea of modular. ive always LOVED the creative process behind modular, i just never looked into it too much before i got miRack. miRack easily became my favorite app after a few days of playing with it. it may seem daunting to those who havent tried it, but it just made so much sense to me.

i stumbled across the audiobus forum from jakob haq, and i noticed a lot of people talking about drambo and how you can do almost anything with it. so i decided to buy it and give it a shot. i watched a bunch of tutorials and went through all the demo patches. ive created a few of my own patches as well, but for some reason, things still arent clicking for me.

in theory, drambo seems right up my alley; i love the quality and sound of sunrizer, i love modular systems, i hate wires, and i love the flexibility of creating my own instruments and effects. i really want to love drambo like everyone else does, but it just hasn't happened yet.

1. has anyone else been in the same position? 2. did you figure something out or find a tutorial that made drambo fun to use after not being able to get into it? or was there a point in learning drambo that you decided it was one of your favorite music apps?
    1. Yes
    2. No

I still like it but I'm pretty sure I'll always to too lazy to learn it. Plus I'm old and I just do what I've always done so I was really just trying out a new toy for kicks. Then straight back to what I understand. Plug it in, record it, feel like a rock star.

• edited June 2020

I wouldn't call it the best music production app ever created but for me, it's the best combination of usability and tools for very deep sound design, synthesis and building custom effects.
    And out of all iOS apps, it definitely has the best MIDI controller support now.
    It requires some knowledge about the principles of synthesis or at least being ready to spend the time to learn it.

• I love that it will be superseded very soon by much better apps :|

• @Mayo said:
    I love that it will be superseded very soon by much better apps :|

Aw you’re so competitive you silly sausage.

• I love that I could recreate the sound of my SH-101 in 10 minutes and can now instantly recall it whenever I need it.

I love that I can create my own grooveboxes without limitations.

When AuV3 hosting comes to Drambo, I won’t need AUM anymore.

I love the cableless interface.

• I Love the very comfortable feeling when using it (it’s a vibes ting), with a knowledge that it’s just improving week by week (beta). ... One app, so many options!

Respec due where respec is due! ... (it’s already a household name).

Being able to recreate so many other app’s functionalities is great, money saver too in that respects.

I’m learning as I go along.
    For me Modular is/was the final frontier (or there abouts) in regards to learning synthesis. Drambo has given me a great starting point.

Yes I purchased miRack too - (Love it also), but it was Drambo that helped me to understand miRack quicker - just as ‘Nave’ tought me about synthesis -> and then wavetables etc..

I’ve said it before, Drambo reminds me of AUM - the feeling within those environments..

We don’t all like/Love/use the same things - SO WHAT!

My/Your Prerogative.

Big Up Drambo!

King

• I am not a big fan of leading questions either.

I enjoy modular apps and to have one where there’s plenty of connection options, modules, MIDI I/O, sample I/O, and no messy and tedious cabling to deal with all in an AUv3 app are why I like Drambo.

I am very appreciative of the users who have shared their Drambo patches and even modified them in response to goals I was trying to achieve. I like being able to make things I want rather than feeling like I have to nag developers for features when my own very niche usage cases would not be worth their time or effort.

Using the app allows me to learn more about synthesis, effects, sample manipulation, and MIDI processing. It gives me a greater appreciation for how talented app developers are. It’s not so easy to create apps any more than any self righteous delusional fool can buy a guitar and think they’re going to sound like Jimi Hendrix , who when this doesn’t occur, blame the cheap ass guitar.

What I don’t like about the app is the divisiveness it has brought to the forum. It’d be my preference that enthusiasts for Drambo wouldn’t flood every thread with, you can do it with Drambo and that the Drambo skeptics who’ve never purchased let alone used the app, would just STFU too. There is of course no way I can influence these posters any more than I can bring about world peace.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    but listen to this please. All sounds were created in Drambo from scratch.

Whoa... is Child of the Corn Dog in this forum? Congrats, mate. Awesome sounds all around. Will sure get this next month :wink:

Btw, modular stuff is harder then direct stuff like Figure, Koala, TriqTraq, etc. But its also way powerful. And if you give it time (playing with it of course), you'll collect the rewards. Sometimes you gotta ignore the long threads and focus on doing stuff, instead of reading. I know because I created the pre-release thread, and sometimes I had to let it go :lol: :tongue:

• edited June 2020

Im still waiting for a key update, namely multi out from the AUv3, if I cant record multitrack easily without using up the juice.

• Had to be asked...

• I’m not patient enough to learn and build. It would be cool to be into it and take the time, but that’s just not what I’m into. I’d rather take that time producing beats and EDM tunes rather than figuring how how to make a synth. That’s why I pay the other brainiacs who create great synths.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I hated all the scrolling just to make a simple instrument, especially when Zeeon’s right there and still sounds like a boss. I was expecting better sound quality that would make it worth having a million miles long scroll just to have a basic synth with a couple lfos.

@oat_phipps said:

@AudioGus said:
    To really get results that compete with my regular 'preset surfing' / 'fx munching' method it is way over my head.

I just got it assuming that in time people would be ranting about particular Patch Storage items at which point I will swoop in on them and feast.

The thing is the patch storage patches are all pretty lame. I was expecting a trove based on all the champing at the bit. Maybe it just turns out it’s not that capable.

These 2 items right here.... Zeeon is top notch and has superior sounds.... I would gladly paid 100$ for it. And the patch storage...... hmmmmmm. Well @oat_phipps said it.

So once again I am an idiot so I will blame most of this on me.... but I would really like to hear some Beef!! Some warmth come out of Drambo instead of bleeps and boops... can it be done? Can it be done with out putting together 20 modules? Maybe I just dont get it and I have to really go back to the basics.... or re set my expectations. I was hoping for another Sunrizer,Zeeon but better..... I have yet to hear(maybe I have not found it yet) a solid nice warm deep bass. The flexi sampler has my interest and I will address that in another way later......

@giku_beepstreet please sir I know you worked your butt of on this and continue.... I would gladly send you some extra cash just because of Zeeon and Sunrizer....... I am just a bit lost and it makes me crazy to think that maybe I am crazy that I only hear thin bleeps and bloops...... like i said its probably me. You are a great Dev and do not take me personal on this!!!

• It’s too hard.

I prefer to switch on the radio and tell people that it’s my own music.

• edited June 2020

There’s already 2 threads in the past day of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr for his new app like this?

• @aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads in the past day of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr for his new app like this?

+1

• @aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

I was hoping someone might realise this thread was tongue in cheek 🙄

• @TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

I was hoping someone might realise this thread was tongue in cheek 🙄

Going on what? Were you pulling a cheeky grin when you posted it?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. Big kudos to @bcrichards . When he got Drambo, he knew a little on modulars and advanced synthesis ... but then after a few weeks he sent me this:

You should see my face :) .. He is an expert now.

The only thing missing is Jonsi spitting some Hopelandic over the top lol :D

• It’s like a drambo-hate barrage.

• It may tongue in cheek, but it still creates a bad image for the product.

• edited June 2020

More like Drama-bo.

Queue the ‘Why doesn’t your dog like Drambo?’ thread.

• @aleyas said:

You are kidding, right ?
    The way the over the top crazies posted various Drambo love in threads since its release, it balances it out nicely.
    And dont even dare coming the "show the dev some respect" nonsense either, with the amount of "I can build that in Drambo" in other developers threads.
    What goes around, comes around.

Why don't I like Drambo, simple, extremely poor development choices, from its interface it is obvious it started out as a drum machine, then you know, feature creep, unfortunately that feature creep did not include completely overhauling the UX and making it an intuitive nodal form free interface, the modules are in place to do so, the engine is in place to do so, but it got released as some hybrid pad based left to right connection paradigm system that is completely unintuitive for the majority of people after the "ewww look at all the shiny shiny" first week.

I hope for the developers sake, he makes every new feature on it an IAP or moves on, it is a rabbit hole that could easily break him.

Poor development choices seems to be quite a thing with iOS developers, and we have already seen that force a great one to look elsewhere for income in recent times.

• @Paulinko said:
    I am not a big fan of leading questions either.

I enjoy modular apps and to have one where there’s plenty of connection options, modules, MIDI I/O, sample I/O, and no messy and tedious cabling to deal with all in an AUv3 app are why I like Drambo.

I am very appreciative of the users who have shared their Drambo patches and even modified them in response to goals I was trying to achieve. I like being able to make things I want rather than feeling like I have to nag developers for features when my own very niche usage cases would not be worth their time or effort.

Using the app allows me to learn more about synthesis, effects, sample manipulation, and MIDI processing. It gives me a greater appreciation for how talented app developers are. It’s not so easy to create apps any more than any self righteous delusional fool can buy a guitar and think they’re going to sound like Jimi Hendrix , who when this doesn’t occur, blame the cheap ass guitar.

What I don’t like about the app is the divisiveness it has brought to the forum. It’d be my preference that enthusiasts for Drambo wouldn’t flood every thread with, you can do it with Drambo and that the Drambo skeptics who’ve never purchased let alone used the app, would just STFU too. There is of course no way I can influence these posters any more than I can bring about world peace.

But you actually can do it with Drambo.

No need to criticize it just because they can’t.

I’m sure they have no idea how to use most of their audio apps properly, but we don’t see them criticizing those.

Maybe it’s just a bandwagon thing.

• @Turntablist said:

@aleyas said:

You are kidding, right ?
    The way the over the top crazies posted various Drambo love in threads since its release, it balances it out nicely.
    And dont even dare coming the "show the dev some respect" nonsense either, with the amount of "I can build that in Drambo" in other developers threads.
    What goes around, comes around.

Why don't I like Drambo, simple, extremely poor development choices, from its interface it is obvious it started out as a drum machine, then you know, feature creep, unfortunately that feature creep did not include completely overhauling the UX and making it an intuitive nodal form free interface, the modules are in place to do so, the engine is in place to do so, but it got released as some hybrid pad based left to right connection paradigm system that is completely unintuitive for the majority of people after the "ewww look at all the shiny shiny" first week.

I hope for the developers sake, he makes every new feature on it an IAP or moves on, it is a rabbit hole that could easily break him.

Poor development choices seems to be quite a thing with iOS developers, and we have already seen that force a great one to look elsewhere for income in recent times.

You sound like an expert.
    Do you use preset patterns or do you just play pre-mixed Deadmaufive Cds?

• @Paulinko said:
    I am not a big fan of leading questions either.

^This

• Hahahahaha..

DRAMBO!!!

King

• @KING said:
    Hahahahaha..

DRAMBO!!!

King

Drambo has become self aware.

• Your posts always seem to forget this