Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Merged Drambo thread

Comments

• @Turntablist said:

@jolico said:

@Turntablist said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads in the past day of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr for his new app like this?

You are kidding, right ?
    The way the over the top crazies posted various Drambo love in threads since its release, it balances it out nicely.
    And dont even dare coming the "show the dev some respect" nonsense either, with the amount of "I can build that in Drambo" in other developers threads.
    What goes around, comes around.

Why don't I like Drambo, simple, extremely poor development choices, from its interface it is obvious it started out as a drum machine, then you know, feature creep, unfortunately that feature creep did not include completely overhauling the UX and making it an intuitive nodal form free interface, the modules are in place to do so, the engine is in place to do so, but it got released as some hybrid pad based left to right connection paradigm system that is completely unintuitive for the majority of people after the "ewww look at all the shiny shiny" first week.

I hope for the developers sake, he makes every new feature on it an IAP or moves on, it is a rabbit hole that could easily break him.

Poor development choices seems to be quite a thing with iOS developers, and we have already seen that force a great one to look elsewhere for income in recent times.

You sound like an expert.
    Do you use preset patterns or do you just play pre-mixed Deadmaufive Cds?

What a surprise, state an opinion, which you even start with "Why I" notice the I there, and the fanbois still have to jump on you with insults, for having an opinion, nice one all seeing overlord, we shall all deem to have the same opinion as you, or live in fear of your special brand of extremely weak insults, deadmau5 indeed.

I apologize for insulting you.
    You are not an expert.

• @hypnopad said:
    I love Drambo because it delivered on making Impaktor even more powerful.

+1

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

I love Drambo because it made @jolico shut up about Pure Acid being the best thing ever for a bit. :D

• It is an incredible custom groovebox for my sampling needs and a sequencing control center where I can control everything I have open in AUM. I actually haven’t even been using it for synthesis all that much other than to throw a bass line in. Multiout with make this app pretty ultimate for me

• edited June 2020

Because either you suck or you dumb.
    Or both.
    😏

I love Drambo.
    Still, I get how it can be annoying seeing it mentioned every 5 seconds around here.
    I had the same reaction to BM3 when it was the new kid.
    I still have that reaction to all the Korg crap, especially Gadget.

And what is with all the stupid hardware posts all the time?
    Aren’t there plenty of other, more unpleasant forums dedicated to that overpriced garbage?
    I can barely afford the cheapy-cheap apps, so posts about overpriced gear should be banned on this forum.

And everybody, all forum members, please refrain from discussion of topics I am simply not interested in.
    Quit wasting MY time with all your opinions, advice, and knowledge about things that don’t interest ME.

So, who else is excited for the multi I/O Drambo update?

(I am just messing around here. People are free to discuss or use whatever they want. And no, contrary to popular opinion, using Drambo does not make you seem cool.)

• @wim said:
    I love Drambo because it made @jolico stop saying that Pure Acid is the best thing ever for a bit. :D

🤣

Pure Acid will be the first AuV3 running inside Drambo when it gets hosting capabilities. Even before I try to run another instance of Drambo inside Drambo. :smiley:

• @TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

I was hoping someone might realise this thread was tongue in cheek 🙄

Going on what? Were you pulling a cheeky grin when you posted it?

Touché I suppose.
    But 2 other pre-existing threads with near-identical names should have raised at least a little suspicion that this one might be satirical...

Satire is dead

• edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 🤣 🤣 🤣

• I got rich last week flipping properties using Drambo!

• Seriously though, I really do think that Drambo deserves to cost a lot more than what we spoiled brats have paid for it.

• DDS - Drambo Derangement Syndrome. Somewhat related to Dunning-Kruger

• @jolico said:
    Seriously though, I really do think that Drambo deserves to cost a lot more than what we spoiled brats have paid for it.

No way, man.
    Apple should dump GarageBand, and all new iDevices should come with DRAMBO pre-installed!

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr like this?

Touché I suppose.
    But 2 other pre-existing threads with near-identical names should have raised at least a little suspicion that this one might be satirical...

Satire is dead

I put a disclaimer on my satirical post, just in case.
    😬

• @CracklePot said:

@jolico said:
    Seriously though, I really do think that Drambo deserves to cost a lot more than what we spoiled brats have paid for it.

No way, man.
    Apple should dump GarageBand, and all new iDevices should come with DRAMBO pre-installed!

If they dump GarageBand, what will the Drambo-haters use to “create”?

• @jolico said:

@wim said:
    I love Drambo because it made @jolico stop saying that Pure Acid is the best thing ever for a bit. :D

🤣

Pure Acid will be the first AuV3 running inside Drambo when it gets hosting capabilities. Even before I try to run another instance of Drambo inside Drambo. :smiley:

Just build Pure Acid in Drambo already!
    You know you want to!

• @CracklePot said:

@jolico said:

@wim said:

🤣

Just build Pure Acid in Drambo already!
    You know you want to!

Blasphemy!!!
    I wouldn’t dare.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• @CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:

Touché I suppose.

Satire is dead

😬

I hate disclaimers! :lol:

• Drambo is my all time favorite app on iOS.

But, I also cringe when it gets suggested as an alternative to another existing app.
    It could be used in place of a lot of apps, but I feel that it is not fair to other developers to suggest Drambo on a thread discussing some other app. Suggesting another comparable app seems fair, but not suggesting Drambo. Drambo vs. a regular ol’ app just isn’t a fair fight.

But for threads where people are just looking for a general solution to some production roadblock, or an app that can do specific tricks or tasks, I fully endorse suggesting Drambo all over those threads.
    That is whole point of Drambo in my opinion.

• @Jocphone said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@TimRussell said:

@Jocphone said:

@TimRussell said:

@aleyas said:

Touché I suppose.

Satire is dead

😬

I hate disclaimers! :lol:

Me too!
    Shit, now I hate myself!
    🤬

• I was brought up on grooveboxes but always hated the workflow for some reason. With aum and atom and some synths and brambos I really didnt think I could go back to a groovebox style but Drambo is the first standalone app I really love. This is my desert island app.

you’re the real thing Drammy, you and me, forever (says in hushed tones while stroking dark UI and trembling slightly)

But what I like most is the hype :p

• @TimRussell this is a bit of a negative post during these not so positive times. Is it really needed .

• edited June 2020

@stormbeats said:
    @TimRussell this is a bit of a negative post during these not so positive times. Is it really needed .

Perhaps you didn’t read the whole thread but it was meant in jest. Obviously subtle satire is not a thing in this forum (or perhaps it just doesn’t work in the medium of Internet forums unless one’s intention is qualified by either an explanation, emoji or meme).

I haven’t made a single negative comment, apart from the title, which itself is a poke at the other two ‘why..Drambo’ threads, and has now spawned a fourth ‘why...Drambo’ thread.

I have asked for the thread to be closed as other forum members have taken the thread to where it was not intended.

• @TimRussell said:

@stormbeats said:
    @TimRussell this is a bit of a negative post during these not so positive times. Is it really needed .

Perhaps you didn’t read the whole thread but it was meant in jest, obviously subtle satire is not a thing in this forum. I haven’t made a single negative comment, apart from the title, which itself is a poke at the other two ‘why..Drambo’ threads, and has now spawned a fourth ‘why...Drambo’ thread.

I have asked for the thread to be closed as other forum members have taken the thread to where it was not intended.

@TimRussell peace

• Open the Pod bay doors, Drambo!

• @david_2017 said:
    Open the Pod bay doors, Drambo!

What are you doing dave_2017 ?

• @Turntablist said:

@aleyas said:
    There’s already 2 threads in the past day of the “don’t like Drambo” variety. Maybe show the dev some respect by not bombing the board with negative pr for his new app like this?

You are kidding, right ?
    The way the over the top crazies posted various Drambo love in threads since its release, it balances it out nicely.
    And dont even dare coming the "show the dev some respect" nonsense either, with the amount of "I can build that in Drambo" in other developers threads.
    What goes around, comes around.

Why don't I like Drambo, simple, extremely poor development choices, from its interface it is obvious it started out as a drum machine, then you know, feature creep, unfortunately that feature creep did not include completely overhauling the UX and making it an intuitive nodal form free interface, the modules are in place to do so, the engine is in place to do so, but it got released as some hybrid pad based left to right connection paradigm system that is completely unintuitive for the majority of people after the "ewww look at all the shiny shiny" first week.

I hope for the developers sake, he makes every new feature on it an IAP or moves on, it is a rabbit hole that could easily break him.

Poor development choices seems to be quite a thing with iOS developers, and we have already seen that force a great one to look elsewhere for income in recent times.

I didn't read such unnecessarily negative comments even under youtube videos😂

• Even Badger used to stop occasionally for two mushrooms and an African snake. Now he's possessed...

• I’ve been trying to ration my Dramboing for fear of falling into the same rabbit hole as Reaktor on the desktop. Done ok with just a few patches so far....