Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• Plus you can now flexi sample from other tracks, if I’m reading this right? So, resampling between tracks?

• For sample to key: do you have to use the internal piano keys or can you use an external controller?

• edited August 2020

Hey ya’ll, I’m sure this is very easy to do and I’m overlooking it, but is there a way for me to loop multiple flexi samplers without having to use the sequencer and hold the trigger down?

One of my favorite things to do on the Digitakt is Eno style looping without using the sequencer to create subtle evolving soundscapes. I can sort of do this by using the piano roll and hitting the plus sign, but the loop stops when I go to a different track.

The technique I’m looking to use is detailed in this video.

Thanks!

• edited August 2020

@clnmc Good point. Actually, the default behavior in Flexi with Loop + Trigger enabled could be infinite loop playback indeed.
    Your workaround: Add a Misc > Knob for each Flexi and connect each gate input to one knob. Turn the knob up to start playback and turn it down to stop it.
    You can have many Flexis in one track, just add a mixer and sum their outputs.

@giku_beepstreet Is there a reason against Flexi working like this?

• @rs2000

Thanks for the workaround! I’m losing output from the sampler once I route the gate to the misc knob, any idea on what I’m doing wrong?

• @clnmc said:
    @rs2000

Thanks for the workaround! I’m losing output from the sampler once I route the gate to the misc knob, any idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Check the colors:

• edited August 2020

@rs2000

Ok, this works perfect when I build it from scratch. I was trying to insert it into a Digitakt style instrument rack I downloaded on patchstorage and it wasn’t working there for whatever reason.

Thank you!!

Edit: Oh I figured it out!!!! Needed to add the gate knob to the amp env gate in my instrument rack as well. Thanks for your help! It would be really cool if this was just a part of the Flexi module in the future however.

• 👍🏼😊

• Just trying it out again. Can I check, unless I’ve missed something, is there no way to lock the modules to stop accidental movement (apart from enclosing them in an instrument) and is there no undo of any module related changes, such as this accidental movement?

• @Gunark You can only move a module by tapping on its relatively small colored header area.
    I think it's a matter of getting used to tapping "between the knobs" to scroll around.
    If you don't like scrolling, try the Misc > Section panel to fold and unfold any number of modules between any two such panels.

• Any chance we could see the delay in feedback going down as an option to about 1-2 ms? I mean, real physical modelling!! Would need latency aware resonator for to work with accurate pitch tracking.

I already tried with current latency and a bunch of the existing delay and resonator models, it's super interesting, especially modulating also the pitch of an osc (factory preset).

Together with sample to key, this is becoming my dream synth!

Waited for midi-mappable automated sampling to key for years. How would erase and redo work? I hope it is all fully mappable. Can't use the touchscreen most of the time for my live setup.

Thank you so much!

• @Max_Free said:
    Any chance we could see the delay in feedback going down as an option to about 1-2 ms? I mean, real physical modelling!! Would need latency aware resonator for to work with accurate pitch tracking.

There's a reason why the feedback modules weren't included right from the beginning, due to the processing concept in the Drambo core that doesn't support zero-latency feedback between modules.
    If I understood @giku_beepstreet correctly, this can't be changed easily but maybe he'll chime in and give you a more competent answer.

Anyway, how would you use such a resonator for accurate pitch tracking?
    Thanks!

• @Max_Free said:
    Any chance we could see the delay in feedback going down as an option to about 1-2 ms? I mean, real physical modelling!! Would need latency aware resonator for to work with accurate pitch tracking.

I already tried with current latency and a bunch of the existing delay and resonator models, it's super interesting, especially modulating also the pitch of an osc (factory preset).

Waited for midi-mappable automated sampling to key for years. How would erase and redo work? I hope it is all fully mappable. Can't use the touchscreen most of the time for my live setup.

Thank you so much!

Block processing is way faster than per-sample sample processing. CPU wouldn't handle polyphonic, multitrack, stereo processing with instant feedback. (1ms is still too low)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Max_Free said:

Thank you so much!

Block processing is way faster than per-sample sample processing. CPU wouldn't handle polyphonic, multitrack, stereo processing with instant feedback. (1ms is still too low)

I know, I know (former DSP developer here), but it's an AU, right? So I would love to play with the physical models in another monophonic
    instance. Also, i-devices are getting faster all the time..
    I can see it's probably a niche use case. What is a shame really. :)

But you already have all the other ingredients already..

What about integrating some realtime convolution of two live audio streams, though? ;) Check out the Mungo C1.

• Are there real-life experiences for 64 sample buffer size? Is it this expensive to CPU?
    Would give about a min 1.5ms in feedback delay, or 666 Hz for the highest note in a physical model. Which is not bad. Or do you need to use multiple aggregated buffers, the way you implemented it? Sorry for insisting, I'm just curious what's the real prize here.

• edited August 2020

@Max_Free said:
    Are there real-life experiences for 64 sample buffer size? Is it this expensive to CPU?
    Would give about a min 1.5ms in feedback delay, or 666 Hz for the highest note in a physical model. Which is not bad. Or do you need to use multiple aggregated buffers, the way you implemented it? Sorry for insisting, I'm just curious what's the real prize here.

Physical models, that play up to 666Hz? ;) Of course I wouldn't do that.. audible range or nothing.
    Per sample processing means different api and optimization methods = different code and quite a lot of work, I'm considering a special rack type with strictly defined list of child modules.
    I put all my time in Drambo, the list is huge. (convolution reverb is there) Im not saying it will never be possible, but priorities are different for now.

btw. have you tried Waveguide module? Its audio-rate modulated feedback with 2 filters and a nonlinearity built in.

• edited August 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I put all my time in Drambo, the list is huge. (convolution reverb is there) Im not saying it will never be possible, but priorities are different for now.

It really shows with the quality of the updates you’re churning out too! Looking forward to when you release some IAPs, to help sustain your full time efforts 🙏🏻

• @aleyas said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

It really shows with the quality of the updates you’re churning out too! Looking forward to when you release some IAPs, to help sustain your full time efforts 🙏🏻

Thanks, yes I need that. Some modules, like Looper will be available as IAPs.

• @aleyas said:

100% agree, Drambo is amazing and a steal for what it goes for.

• @Max_Free It's worth playing with the existing physical modeling devices inside Drambo and finding ways how to make the best of them.
    They are really powerful and flexible, now that @giku_beepstreet has added even more models to them.

• @rs2000 said:
    @Max_Free It's worth playing with the existing physical modeling devices inside Drambo and finding ways how to make the best of them.
    They are really powerful and flexible, now that @giku_beepstreet has added even more models to them.

Wait, when did he add even more models?

• @aleyas said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

+10 on that. I'd definitely like to see some enhancement packages as IAPs. Things like a greater variety of filters, more flexible envelopes, etc. Glad to pay a little more to keep this terrific development rolling.

• Yes I see, I need to dig more into what's already there! Exciting.

An example what is possible with convolution in a tight feedback loop, excited with simple pulses, he used the Mungo c0 eurorack module to apply the acoustics of a real clarinett.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Max_Free It's worth playing with the existing physical modeling devices inside Drambo and finding ways how to make the best of them.

Wait, when did he add even more models?

He’s been adding them with updates, you can check the update history in the App Store to see what’s been added

• Could you guys be more specific about what you mean by “new models” ? I assumed you meant more models in the modal resonator module but I looked and they appear to be the same ones as always. Do you mean new modules? Or something else?

• @hypnopad said:
    Could you guys be more specific about what you mean by “new models” ? I assumed you meant more models in the modal resonator module but I looked and they appear to be the same ones as always. Do you mean new modules? Or something else?

It's about the additional models in the Modal Resonator. Don't ask me when exactly they were added but they're a substantial improvement.

• Can you set a trigless trig locked to the midi trigger button for on/off, to send out midi ch and cc ?

rs2000. I believe you made an sequenced arp for drambo, which is good but cant get random/up/down to work for anything.

• @sigma79 Which project are you referring to please?

• @rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 Which project are you referring to please?

Hi. You didnt make patch ( soz )

Its from Bcrichards.

• Its the Seperate-Voices-Arp anyway.

This discussion has been closed.