Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• Theres a youtube tutorial.

• @sigma79 Random/Up/down will not work in Separate Voices because each Arpeggiator is only arpeggiating one single note. You could however add a chord module in front of the arp module (make sure it connects to the midi note generator module that is normally connected to the Arps). This would create a chord to send into the Arp, and then the play pattern (up/down/random) would be relevant. I think I talk through how to do that in the video.

• @bcrichards said:
    @sigma79 Random/Up/down will not work in Separate Voices because each Arpeggiator is only arpeggiating one single note. You could however add a chord module in front of the arp module (make sure it connects to the midi note generator module that is normally connected to the Arps). This would create a chord to send into the Arp, and then the play pattern (up/down/random) would be relevant. I think I talk through how to do that in the video.

Thanks Ben. Appreciate.

• edited August 2020

HI guys! With the ability to record internal tracks, could this be achieved in Drambo?:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uAD1MzZgsMM

'Octatrack Crossfader Transitions Trick'

• @nnbveh said:
    HI guys! With the ability to record internal tracks, could this be achieved in Drambo?:

Sure you can! One of the easier things to do with it.

• @rs2000 said:

@nnbveh said:

Which module would you use? I don't see a way to trigger record in flexisampler or sampler from midi...

• @nnbveh said:

@rs2000 said:

@nnbveh said:

Which module would you use? I don't see a way to trigger record in flexisampler or sampler from midi...

The latest Drambo version can MIDI map CC or notes to recording buttons in Flexi.
    If you want to automate recording start and stop from sequencer steps, use the Recorder.

• @rs2000 said:

@nnbveh said:

@rs2000 said:

@nnbveh said:

@rs2000 said:

@nnbveh said:

The latest Drambo version can MIDI map CC or notes to recording buttons in Flexi.
    If you want to automate recording start and stop from sequencer steps, use the Recorder.

I see, that's cool. But i've realized it's all rather useless because in order to load another project while the recorded loop is playing i'd have to close the current one, and the loop player together with it)) So only options is to have another drambo on another device or separate drambo instance on the same device, and i don't see a way to get audio into it. My main projects are in AUM with drambo acting inside it, so i guess i could use another auv3 host, but to buy another host just to host one plugin is kind of silly...

• @nnbveh
    Well, you know that there has to be a difference between a >1000 elite box and Drambo.
    Don't let us make poor elektronauts cry 😁

• BTW, you could have multiple Drambos in AUM and do MIDI-controlled crossfading in AUM easily.

• @rs2000 said:
    BTW, you could have multiple Drambos in AUM and do MIDI-controlled crossfading in AUM easily.

I wish i could have an instance of AUM inside of AUM, that would solve the thing)) Can AUM send audio to something like apemartix btw? I have Audiobus 2, i guess it's an older version, never used it really, and that one takes the AUM input so i guess it should be possible, if only drambo would show up in audiobus 2 as well...

• edited August 2020

@rs2000 said:
    @nnbveh
    Well, you know that there has to be a difference between a >1000 elite box and Drambo.
    Don't let us make poor elektronauts cry 😁

Yeah, but the difference is already minimal at this point)) i'm doing all sorts of fun things, and i'm sure i've just scratched the surface...

BTW i've sold my last piece of Elektron just before discovering drambo, made this break up much sweeter...

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@nnbveh said:
    I see, that's cool. But i've realized it's all rather useless because in order to load another project while the recorded loop is playing i'd have to close the current one, and the loop player together with it)) So only options is to have another drambo on another device or separate drambo instance on the same device, and i don't see a way to get audio into it. My main projects are in AUM with drambo acting inside it, so i guess i could use another auv3 host, but to buy another host just to host one plugin is kind of silly...

It should not be a problem to get audio into a second instance in AUM. I think you want to take the output from one Drambo and output it to another? That is easy - unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do. There are many ways it could be configured.

• @wim said:

@nnbveh said:

It should not be a problem to get audio into a second instance in AUM. I think you want to take the output from one Drambo and output it to another? That is easy - unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do. There are many ways it could be configured.

Yeah, but second instance should be a standalone app, because if i have it inside the AUM it will close when i load another session,and the whole point is to keep the recorded loop playing WHILE i'm loading it...

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@nnbveh said:
    Yeah, but second instance should be a standalone app, because if i have it inside the AUM it will close when i load another session,and the whole point is to keep the recorded loop playing WHILE i'm loading it...

If you have the Drambo you want to keep running in, say, channel 1 in AUM. You can delete the other channels and then import the tracks from a saved session, leaving the original channel untouched. I don't know if that suits the workflow you're looking for, but it's an idea, and it runs smoothly even while loading the imported channels.

• @wim said:

@nnbveh said:

If you have the Drambo you want to keep running in, say, channel 1 in AUM. You can delete the other channels and then import the tracks from a saved session, leaving the original channel untouched. I don't know if that suits the workflow you're looking for, but it's an idea, and it runs smoothly even while loading the imported channels.

wow, didn't know u could do that...i'm pretty new to the whole ios music making thing, will try it!!thanks

• @wim said:

@nnbveh said:

Fantastic, just what i needed! I had a feeling there's some smart solution! Thanks again.

• Sweet! Glad I could help.

• @wim said:
    Sweet! Glad I could help.

Do u know if there's a way to remove all the channels except one playing the loop? It takes time to delete them one by one, not optimal in performance situation...

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Nope. There isn't a way.

Eeech. Thinking making those kind of changes in a live situation makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

If I were going to try it though, then I would run the Drambo that you want to keep running in an output slot of Audiobus 3, with AUM in the input slot. AB3 is worth getting whether for this purpose or not. You would then just load sessions as you like in AUM. The added bonus is the AB3 app switcher and transport bar.

You could also do the same with Ape matrix. One possible example below.
    IMO Audiobus 3 is the better choice because you can save an AB3 session that will load everything, including the AUM setup in one go.

• @wim said:
    Nope. There isn't a way.

Eeech. Thinking making those kind of changes in a live situation makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

If I were going to try it though, then I would run the Drambo that you want to keep running in an output slot of Audiobus 3, with AUM in the input slot. AB3 is worth getting whether for this purpose or not. You would then just load sessions as you like in AUM. The added bonus is the AB3 app switcher and transport bar.

You could also do the same with Ape matrix. One possible example below.
    IMO Audiobus 3 is the better choice because you can save an AB3 session that will load everything, including the AUM setup in one go.

Yeah, i've already experienced some glitches with those channels import, some instruments don't load properly...

I have Audiobus 2, drambo doesn't show up in it, and i hesitate to pay one more time for the same app, maybe i should, dunno

• @nnbveh said:
    I have Audiobus 2, drambo doesn't show up in it, and i hesitate to pay one more time for the same app, maybe i should, dunno

If this is important enough for you then it's worth getting AB3. However, it still may be glitchy. Trying to load whole AUM sessions on the fly while another app is running, without any interruptions is unlikely to be reliable enough for live performance. My gut feeling is you're hoping for more than iOS is able to deliver.

That said, you might want to try with AUM in Ape Matrix. If it works reliably enough you can decide whether or not to try with AB3.

• @wim said:

@nnbveh said:

If this is important enough for you then it's worth getting AB3. However, it still may be glitchy. Trying to load whole AUM sessions on the fly while another app is running, without any interruptions is unlikely to be reliable enough for live performance. My gut feeling is you're hoping for more than iOS is able to deliver.

That said, you might want to try with AUM in Ape Matrix. If it works reliably enough you can decide whether or not to try with AB3.

That's why i'm thinking another device like an ipad mini or even a small phone could be a better solution) Always good to have something as a backup anyways...

• There is this patch from Ben Richards that has been promoted on discchord.com. I think this is just fabulous and I don’t know if Ben is on this forum but this guy is a true genius and drambo is just amazing as a creative plateform. So a big up to those guys who bring so much to the (at least my) music world.

https://discchord.com/appnews/2020/08/13/memory-backwards-fragment-looper-for-drambo

• @bcrichards is the business, for sure!

• @lukesleepwalker @cuscolima this is just what you get when you’re already a little obsessed with Drambo and then Covid hits for 5 months in the US :open_mouth: cheers!

• And Drambo really is a work of genius. Who knows what we’ll have on our hands when @giku_beepstreet realizes his final version of Drambo. It just keeps getting better.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I'm loving Drambo so far.The first piece of kit I've ever had that I haven't felt the need to work with outside the box.

Save doesn't seem to work for me as intended. For example I have two separate projects using the same name. One project is located in the templates folder. The other is located outside all folders. If I open up, make changes to, and "save" the template, it also makes the same changes to my other project. I lost a sweet beat probably worth at least fractions of a penny. I'm able to repeat the bug or my lack of understanding of the file structure.

So far I've been getting around it by "saving as"and confirming the overwrite.

Projects created (loaded) from Templates are not templates anymore, they will be stored in Projects root folder, until you select different folder.

So in your case: it was saved to Projects folder and Template file was not modified.

Thanks for responding. It’s the other way around. It’s my template that overwrites other files of the same name, no matter that they’re in different folders. Sorry, my initial post lacked clarity. In my screen shot “Perform Trigger 1” is in the Projects root folder, right? My other project by the same name rests in the Templates folder. If i make changes to and Save the project located in my template folder, it also overwrites the project you see in the Project Root folder.

• Aha! I began raising my brow when I was able to repeat this problem and overwrite files with different names simply by saving, or so it appeared.

I discovered what's really happening. Sometimes I'm getting stuck on the same project regardless of what I open. So "open" is where the bug is at. This whole time I was under the false impression that whatever different file I was choosing to open was opening, cause it does that thing where the screen blanks out and sometimes sounds a note for a fraction of a second. I'm verifying this by clicking back on the drop-down where it shows the name of the file currently open.

• @giku_beepstreet
    Hey!
    Is MIDI PC a thing to wait for in Drambo?
    Is it planned?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.