Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• Sometimes I think you know Drambo better than me ;)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Sometimes I think you know Drambo better than me ;)

...which can only mean that you're a really good coder 😇

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I've been noodling on a "smart wah" or filter effect that uses the envelope follower to filter live audio input (as an audio FX). I don't see anything on PatchStorage that looks similar. Anyone do something similar to what I described?

Go to Processor rack > Presets > /Fx/Autowah .. its one of default Processor's rack presets :)

D'OH! Now I feel really dumb. I had completely missed those presets up there. Some other cool ones in there too. Thanks!

• Does Drambo have the sounds of Sunrizer?

• edited July 2020

@Jomazz said:
    Does Drambo have the sounds of Sunrizer?

You mean presets? No

But it shares some parts with Sunrizer.. e.g. Oscillator and Supersaw oscillator is taken from Sunrizer and upgraded for stereo processing.

One could recreate some Sunrizer presets easily.

• @RajahP here’s a Project with a global scale/transpose control and some extra harmony tricks.

https://patchstorage.com/scale-selector-and-harmony/

• @aleyas said:
    Scalar is good, but for folks without Rozeta (like me), it’s nice to have options in Drambo or elsewhere.
    Could I ask, is scale select and transpose an exposed parameter in Aum? Curious to know if the Scalar parameters can be automated by midi..

@RajahP said:
    Thanks all for the responses.. > @rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I think its about MIDI notes remapping... Such a module will be here one day, for now we have only MIDI / Transpose module

@rs2000 How about using Graphic modulator, connect its time input to CV, set 2 steps and proper X/Y snapping, then CV2MIDI ? Seems like a funny hack, but should work.

Is this what you wanted @RajahP?
    This patch will map an incoming stream of notes to any scale and offers transposition of up to +/- 12 semitones:

Edit: This patch was demoed with an LFO as a pitch source, please change the "0.125" to "1.00" in the left "Scale .125" module when using MIDI notes.

Where can I find this patch?

@aleyas said:
    Glad you asked, I made exactly that recently. It can transpose from any key, to any other key, or mode. Major to minor, minor to dorian, etc.

I’ll upload a zip tonight. Couldn’t fit it all into one project, so there’s like 12 projects I think.

@RajahP said:
    Help, can someone tell if these is a ‘Scaler’ module (like Brams) so you can transpose a sequence key/scale? Would be amazing to fit... well.. Thanks..

Looking forward to it..

This is Bram’s Scaler.. Custom scale will be a nice addition..

Edit.. I guess I can always use MidiFx.. Drambo is so flexible...

I am now learning the Parameter' thing... but I think there are only 3 exposed (Per and Post Transpose and Velocity)..

Thank you, looks interesting... > @bcrichards said:

@RajahP here’s a Project with a global scale/transpose control and some extra harmony tricks.

https://patchstorage.com/scale-selector-and-harmony/

Thanks...

• I have one question before buying,can pitch shifter in drambo replace pitch shifter in tonestack, is it better,any delays?

• Nevermind. I just have to buy it)

• @AlphaNomad said:
    I have one question before buying,can pitch shifter in drambo replace pitch shifter in tonestack, is it better,any delays?

To my ears Drambo pitch shift is better than Tonestack. When I first put it on my guitar I couldn't believe how smooth and natural it sounded with very little latency.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AlphaNomad said:
    I have one question before buying,can pitch shifter in drambo replace pitch shifter in tonestack, is it better,any delays?

To my ears Drambo pitch shift is better than Tonestack. When I first put it on my guitar I couldn't believe how smooth and natural it sounded with very little latency.

Thanks for the reply🙂
    Gonna try tomorrow myself

• @AlphaNomad said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AlphaNomad said:

Thanks for the reply🙂
    Gonna try tomorrow myself

I should mention that I primarily pitch shift down and that's where Drambo excels. Pitch shifting up is good but doesn't sound quite as smooth to my ears.

• Version 1.22 is out:

• Added: Plate reverb module
    • Fixed: Muting and soloing tracks caused clicks
    • CV sequencers: added snapping to grid
    • MIDI mapped pads receive velocity now
    • Delay module: delay time can be synchronized to beat
    • Minor bug fixes and UI improvements
  • All I will say is the new reverb?
    ...is very nice.

It can also be modulated.

• Nice updates, excited to try out the reverb. When is the college course coming? This thing is so in depth I feel I could earn a degree from how much there is to learn from it

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Nice updates, excited to try out the reverb. When is the college course coming? This thing is so in depth I feel I could earn a degree from how much there is to learn from it

Good question. Luckily, D mostly follows a very classic approach to modular synthesis so any course covering that will help a lot.
    Add the countless questions and answers given on this forum plus all the projects you can find on patchstorage.com in the Drambo section (we're close to the 200 mark already! 😃) and you'll literally find enough material to study for weeks.

• @rs2000 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    When is the college course coming? This thing is so in depth I feel I could earn a degree from how much there is to learn from it

You're not the only one.

Good question. Luckily, D mostly follows a very classic approach to modular synthesis so any course covering that will help a lot.

Good to know.

Add the countless questions and answers given on this forum plus all the projects you can find on patchstorage.com in the Drambo section (we're close to the 200 mark already! 😃) and you'll literally find enough material to study for weeks.

Awesome.

• @rs2000 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    Nice updates, excited to try out the reverb. When is the college course coming? This thing is so in depth I feel I could earn a degree from how much there is to learn from it

Awesome, thank you! Yeah I’ll browse patch storage a lot, I need to start downloading all of them and dissecting them.

• I’m using Drambo to sequence Ableton’s Simpler, because Drambo’ s sequencer is way better than Ableton’s. I have a question about the setup.

In the screenshot below, I’m sending midi from the sequencer steps/keyboard, and also midi from a slider, to Ableton. have the slider mapped to the Transpose control in the Simpler, so I can p-lock pitch. It works great.

My question is, do I need to use a midi mixer in the track in order to send both the knob CC, and the sequencer’ s notes? And if I add more CC knobs to the Drambo track, I just add more inputs to the MIDI mixer, right? Or is there a tidier way to do this?

• @mistercharlie That's the correct way to do it, yes.
    Just like you need a MIDI merger to combine two 5-pin hardware MIDI signals.

• @rs2000 Excellent, thanks!

• I'm loving Drambo so far.The first piece of kit I've ever had that I haven't felt the need to work with outside the box.

Save doesn't seem to work for me as intended. For example I have two separate projects using the same name. One project is located in the templates folder. The other is located outside all folders. If I open up, make changes to, and "save" the template, it also makes the same changes to my other project. I lost a sweet beat probably worth at least fractions of a penny. I'm able to repeat the bug or my lack of understanding of the file structure.

So far I've been getting around it by "saving as"and confirming the overwrite.

• edited July 2020

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I'm loving Drambo so far.The first piece of kit I've ever had that I haven't felt the need to work with outside the box.

Save doesn't seem to work for me as intended. For example I have two separate projects using the same name. One project is located in the templates folder. The other is located outside all folders. If I open up, make changes to, and "save" the template, it also makes the same changes to my other project. I lost a sweet beat probably worth at least fractions of a penny. I'm able to repeat the bug or my lack of understanding of the file structure.

So far I've been getting around it by "saving as"and confirming the overwrite.

Projects created (loaded) from Templates are not templates anymore, they will be stored in Projects root folder, until you select different folder.

So in your case: it was saved to Projects folder and Template file was not modified.

• edited July 2020

Hey I’ve made this with Drambo. It’s just a jam but who knows might give some folks aspiring to use Drambo as a live sequencer some ideas.

I’ve been chiselling at a live project template involving impaktor, drums, bass and synths and slowly getting some kind of results. There’s still Turnado saving my ass when it comes to adding dirt and dynamics and Loopy for audio looping until @giku_beepstreet drops his most impressive d looper ;)

• @supadom That was amazing!! Great work on all the sound choices, the melody lines, and all the effects work. You look like you mapped the hell out of the controllers you are using to move around drambo. Fun little tune!

• edited July 2020

btw. If you want a classic distortion (until a module appears) use filters / shaper combinations e.g. 6,12 db HPF -> Shaper. or HPF -> Shaper ->LPF.

• This video made my day!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️☝️🙏
    Great stuff I really enjoyed this so much!

@supadom said:
    Hey I’ve made this with Drambo. It’s just a jam but who knows might give some folks aspiring to use Drambo as a live sequencer some ideas.

I’ve been chiselling at a live project template involving impaktor, drums, bass and synths and slowly getting some kind of results. There’s still Turnado saving my ass when it comes to adding dirt and dynamics and Loopy for audio looping until @giku_beepstreet drops his most impressive d looper ;)

• @AlphaNomad said:

I am more a guitar player than anything, so at first, I was not sure about Drambo but I bought it anyways and at this day, Drambo replace at least 10 app at 12$ that I could have been buying so Drambo is EV+ for me. Drambo will save you money in the future for sure.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Jomazz said:
    Does Drambo have the sounds of Sunrizer?

You mean presets? No

But it shares some parts with Sunrizer.. e.g. Oscillator and Supersaw oscillator is taken from Sunrizer and upgraded for stereo processing.

One could recreate some Sunrizer presets easily.

That's awesome. I did not realize. Sunrizer has long been my go-to for sound design.

• Wow just tried Drambo’s Pitch Shifter as effects in AUM amd was blown away! You can have as many as your system is anle to handle.😳

This discussion has been closed.