Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro by Ninja Tune / Coldcut

Comments

• "Loopmasters Presents...Vorsprung Durch Techno. That driving beat continues to accelerate the conversation between man and machine. It's getting more intense as we progress to Singularity so use these dub access codes to soundtrack your own cyberfusion and get on the floor."

Video Link:

Much love to you all during this lockdown.
    Aneek

• Are the effects just terrible on older iPads, Air2 here and they pop and crackle like anything, they are never really on beat, but that vork sprung techno video above the effects are off beat too, so I assume that is just how they are (BPM synced but not beats/position synced) and reliant on the user being spot perfect.

• @Turntablist said:
    Are the effects just terrible on older iPads, Air2 here and they pop and crackle like anything, they are never really on beat, but that vork sprung techno video above the effects are off beat too, so I assume that is just how they are (BPM synced but not beats/position synced) and reliant on the user being spot perfect.

Not a single pop so far on a 2018 iPad Pro. User timing is still important but that’s the same with all music gear, no problems for me so far though. Maybe try a different iPad if possible

• @Turntablist said:
    Are the effects just terrible on older iPads, Air2 here and they pop and crackle like anything, they are never really on beat, but that vork sprung techno video above the effects are off beat too, so I assume that is just how they are (BPM synced but not beats/position synced) and reliant on the user being spot perfect.

The air2 struggles a little bit to keep up. We are really pushing what the hardware can handle. You can try increasing your buffer size but it may or may not help

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I just exported from BLOCS to JAMM and it went haywire.

Is that supposed to be possible?

Can you be more precise. Whats the procedure?
    It should be easy to export samples to Jamm. But, Jamm only imports samples 1 at a time. Thats a limitation we are aware of thats hard for us to fix right now.

• No worries, I will go back to Launchpad ;)

• edited March 2020

@Turntablist said:
    No worries, I will go back to Launchpad ;)

Sorry it didnt work out for you. But I should mention launchpad works great with Jamm through audiobus!!!

be safe
    (and do try raising the buffer)

• @JammPro said:

@Turntablist said:

Sorry it didnt work out for you. But I should mention launchpad works great with Jamm through audiobus!!!

be safe

If Jamm Pro doesnt work on its own, it certainly wont work with Launchpad.
    Raising the buffer doesnt help, its terrible on Air 2.

• edited March 2020

@Turntablist said:

@JammPro said:

@Turntablist said:

be safe

If Jamm Pro doesnt work on its own, it certainly wont work with Launchpad.
    Raising the buffer doesnt help, its terrible on Air 2.

Thats what we thought but some people are using it against our guidance.

In an earlier post here we suggested that the air2 was a bit too weak but the buffer has helped some people.

I personally use launchpad to create loops to load into Jamm and find it one of the better combos for my work. With audiobus its a matter of seconds to flip an old project into a new one.

• edited March 2020

Check out this live jam stream with Jamm Pro (Matt Black) x Endlesss (Tim Exile) on Twitch
    2pm UK time Tues 31 Mar
    This should be fun!
    https://live.endlesss.fm/

• Lots of references to Ableton-like clip behavior. This begs the question: is there a straightforward way to stop clips playing in like Ableton...that is tap a playing clip and it will stop at the end of the clip.

Read this thread, the FAQ/manual, watched the clip tutorial and the closest I get is using shift to toggle into stab mode then shift again to set behavior to Gated (visualized in the clips menu at the bottom). Close (can stop the clip by tapping it), but no cigar (stops immediately not after the clip has finished).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

• New Release!

Mod Exist - 'Exist Dance'

Psychedelic techno beats from London producer Mod Exist, with all the bells and whistles.

Available now via the in-app store.

VIdeo Link:

• edited April 2020

@JammPro said:
    New Release!

Psychedelic techno beats from London producer Mod Exist, with all the bells and whistles.

I still don't see Mod Exist's pack in store.

• edited April 2020

Jamm Pro currently 60% off in the app store!

Stay at home make music and be safe please!

https://youtu.be/wr0KAynVBrk

New megademo

• @blipson said:

@JammPro said:
    New Release!

odd. Will look into it

• @JammPro said:

@blipson said:

@JammPro said:
    New Release!

odd. Will look into it

I am seeing it, fwiw.

• @JammPro said:

@blipson said:

@JammPro said:
    New Release!

odd. Will look into it

It has now appeared, along with the app update.

• OUT NOW: LSxCC - 'InterGalactic Beech Bar'

See you at the Beach Bar for some InterGalactic chat and chill.

Available now from the in-App Store.

Video Link:

• Out Now:
    School of Beatbox - ‘HumanBeatbox’

An all-vocal sample pack created with the voice of UK championship beatboxer and multi-vocalist - Danny Ladwa.

Available now as an in-app purchase.

Video link:

• 😳☝️🙏😌

• New release!!!!

Gypsy Hill - 'Beast From The East'

Middle-Eastern Dance-floor Fusion.
    From South-East London.

Video Link

• Yo crew, we’re excited to announce that Pirate TV returns for a double this week!

First up, Matt Black will host a special episode on San Francisco’s Fault Radio tomorrow at 7pm (BST). Then we’ll be back for our regular Pirate slot this Saturday evening at 9pm (BST).
    As always, Matt will be using Coldcut’s sonic weapon of choice - Jamm Pro / Ninja Jamm. Tune into tomorrow’s stream via Fault Radio’s page linked above & Saturday’s show both here and on our Twitch channel 🖖

• Ok, so ... curiosity got the better of me with this app.
    Still using it @RUST( i )K ?

• Found this to be really useful in opening up my understanding the app

• @Littlewoodg said:

Found this to be really useful in opening up my understanding the app

I'll check it out - thank you.

• edited May 2020

@kinkujin said:

@Littlewoodg said:

No prob.

It was useful to see the architect play in his own creation (I honestly was only able to skim around the full program, and even in that limited time I picked up on a lot of stuff heretofore unbeknownst to me... )

I too am curious to hear from Mr @RUST( i )K

• @Littlewoodg said:

@kinkujin said:

@Littlewoodg said:

No prob.

It was useful to see the architect play in his own creation (I honestly was only able to skim around the full program, and even in that limited time I picked up on a lot of stuff heretofore unbeknownst to me... )

I too am curious to hear from Mr @RUST( i )K

So, @Littlewoodg how are you using this? To complete tunes, to start tunes, to perform, in studio? Just curious.