Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro by Ninja Tune / Coldcut

Comments

• edited May 2020

@kinkujin said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@kinkujin said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Found this to be really useful in opening up my understanding the app

I'll check it out - thank you.

No prob.

It was useful to see the architect play in his own creation (I honestly was only able to skim around the full program, and even in that limited time I picked up on a lot of stuff heretofore unbeknownst to me... )

I too am curious to hear from Mr @RUST( i )K

So, @Littlewoodg how are you using this? To complete tunes, to start tunes, to perform, in studio? Just curious.

I guess we would say perform in studio as long as that means messing about while sitting on my couch. I’m very interested in using the platform to put my own heretofore orphaned raw material to use, odd loops and hits I’ve made or stripped from other sources (the Reactable community, Akai and Retronym stuff from iMPC, iMPC Pro, iMPC Pro 2, iMachine packs)

The packs in their store are lots of fun as well.

Maybe someday I’ll put together a set, and warm up for a DJ pal. This would of course require my learning all the crazy s##t the app does, and then remembering how to do it and in roughly what order, live

• Glad that pirate TV helped and glad you all are having fun.

I find that the program is as deep as I feel like going. I get very good sets, possibly even better sets the simpler I keep it sometimes :-) but the capabilities are mind bending. I’m still learning on a daily basis

Josh

• @JammPro Can you continue to announce PirateTV here? I just found out I missed last night's.

• @JammPro as mentioned above, we’re seeing some timing issues on the FX. Do you know what’s up?

Cheers

• @gusgranite said:
    @JammPro as mentioned above, we’re seeing some timing issues on the FX. Do you know what’s up?

Cheers

Yea some of the gate FX in the cold cutter don’t feel tight. Talking about straight time, no triplets or anything tricky. Otherwise this is a pretty powerful app.

• Multi-out for the four channels would be awesome

• @blipson said:
    @JammPro Can you continue to announce PirateTV here? I just found out I missed last night's.

Absolutely!

• edited May 2020

@gusgranite said:
    @JammPro as mentioned above, we’re seeing some timing issues on the FX. Do you know what’s up?

Cheers

No this is the first I’ve heard of it, can you make a video/screencapture where we can see what you’re talking about? That would be the easiest way to sort this. Also what equipment and os please.

You guys are eventually gonna shoot me for saying this, but always try to raise your buffer for glitches like this, may or may not work, but often it does.

• OUT NOW: SynthFarm - 'Jammin On The Farm'

Time : Feb 2018 Place : On a lush farm just outside Kolkata. A bunch of synth heads gather for SynthFarm no.5.
    Matt B (Coldcut) was one of them and together we made this Jamm pack, which is open source. Thanks to all participants.

Video Link

• edited May 2020

@JammPro said:
    OUT NOW: SynthFarm - 'Jammin On The Farm'

Time : Feb 2018 Place : On a lush farm just outside Kolkata. A bunch of synth heads gather for SynthFarm no.5.
    Matt B (Coldcut) was one of them and together we made this Jamm pack, which is open source. Thanks to all participants.

Thanks! I was actually in Kolkata in January of 2018--sorry I missed you. I walked down to Gupta brothers and brought back a kilo of sweets.

• Today!! 4pm EST 9pm BST Pirate tv returns!!!! https://m.twitch.tv/coldcutofficial/profile

• @JammPro said:
    OUT NOW: SynthFarm - 'Jammin On The Farm'

Video Link

Thanks much for the very tasty pack!

• Out Now: 'Dark DnB' by Reuben Falle

A Sound Set that showcases the dark sounds of Drum and Bass, incorporating abrasive basslines, heavy beats, and ambient textures. Pack produced by Reuben Falle.

VIdeo Link:

• @JammPro said:
    Out Now: 'Dark DnB' by Reuben Falle

A Sound Set that showcases the dark sounds of Drum and Bass

I really appreciate this one.

• edited May 2020

@JammPro said:

A Sound Set that showcases the dark sounds of Drum and Bass, incorporating abrasive basslines, heavy beats, and ambient textures. Pack produced by Reuben Falle.

VIdeo Link:

These free packs are killing it, many thanks.

• Wow new update makes the app run smoother big time!

• great update!! yes smoother!

• Yeah I’m really getting hooked on it!
    I’m gonna dig deeper there’s so much to enjoy in this awesome app!

• playability's fun and far ranging. iPad was made for this

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JammPro said:

They are listed as $2 in AppStore. Are you saying they are free if I get the app?

• @bleep said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JammPro said:

They are listed as $2 in AppStore. Are you saying they are free if I get the app?

As I recall, the app includes a few free sound packs.

• @JammPro said:
    Today!! 4pm EST 9pm BST Pirate tv returns!!!! https://m.twitch.tv/coldcutofficial/profile

Long time Ninja Tune and Solid Steel fan here by the way. The Flexistentialism compilation, which I first heard 20+ years ago had a HUGE influence on my taste over subsequent years. Quite a few of those tracks still sound great. 🙏

• Jamm Pro has the best in app side chain implementation I’ve seen.

• any new features or only IAPs as an updates?

• adjustable clip length, opens up extreme warping and the sub can take its trigger input from any or all of the five side chains. also a new dynamic sub mode. plus generally good fixes

• Out Now!
    ‘Straight and Arrow’
    Widescreen club music by Falty DL makes it to Jamm Pro.

Video link:

• Sweet! Thanks!

• Out Now:
    Odesza - ‘Say My Name’
    The hit single from American mega-duo now hits Jamm Pro with bonus remix material.”

Video:

• I'm sorry to repeat myself but the other thrread looks outdated?.. Is ios 14 an issue with some little stutter while switching pages or is my ipad pro A9X chip not performant as his best? any tips in order to optimize latency? right now on a 1024 buffer

• @JammPro said:
    Out Now!
    ‘Straight and Arrow’
    Widescreen club music by Falty DL makes it to Jamm Pro.

Video link:

Excellent!