Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, about this coronavirus...

Comments

• Think I’m going to stock up just incase, all the different info flying around is confusing, just wish the news bods would wait and verify info more, instead of rushing to be first to report stuff.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well it’s 3:00pm here in So.Cal. and I just got back from the local hospital emergency room. Went in there this morning with a massive sore throat and what feels like a lump in my throat/upper neck that’s been brewing now over a month. Everybody in that place was wearing mask, and when I asked the guy doing my CT scan if they’d had any corona virus cases he said “we are not allowed to talk about that” When I got back in my room I asked my nurse about it and she said yes they have dealt with cases as the city I live in (Irvine) has a big Chinese population. I asked her if anybody had died from it at their hospital (Hoag Hospital, Irvine) and she said no .. but she did say a guy died there recently from a virus that wasn’t Corona. Anyway the CT scan showed no mass in my throat or neck, and the doctor said it wasn’t bacterial as I’d be much worse by now if it was. So I guess it’s off now to an ENT to see what’s going on. But anyway the whole Coronavirus thing is real here in sunny So.Cal. ..... but so are other viruses that kill. Best to put our trust in Christ cause something’s gonna take us out sooner or later .. and then we meet our maker .. and that can either be glorious or an eternal nightmare if we don’t have Christ covering us on that day. (sorry for the end religious rant .. but I know some of you here are believers .. so just a friendly admonishment for those 😬)

• @wim said:

@u0421793 said:
    I was standing next to a young lady on my way home tonight on the Jubilee Line tube, she was wearing a mask. Probably the only person I’d seen all day wearing one. It wasn’t fitting very well, looked like a standard dust mask for decorators and builders, and she hadn’t pushed the little metal strips down around her nose, so it was effectively doing almost nothing.

It occurred to me that it’d be funny to go out in public wearing a mask like that but that had been photo printed with an exact 1:1 photo of your mouth and nose. Then I thought it’d be even funnier if it had the hugest imaginable joint (a reefer, I believe they’re also called) posed between your lips, embers glowing on the end.

You should jump on this! You could make a fortune producing those things if you act fast.

Supply chain issues would be tough right now though.

It would be even cheaper if he got them made in China.

• Italy here, from Veneto. Doing my life normally without being paranoid. Economic is a big problem. Slow down my work as everyone is afraid and I work a lot with strange countries. Media took a part in this mess. Today one of my colleague was taken from work for a check up as his brother (doctor) was diagnosticate positive to coronavirus. We have to learn to live for some months with this epidemy.
    Fear of people and media don’t help.

• im (no longer) taking public transit and work in chinatown.. thinking about a different job sitch for sure. we dont have any confirmed cases yet but long island has 80+ under observation now... we gettin a lil spooked here for sure

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Italy here, from Veneto. Doing my life normally without being paranoid. Economic is a big problem. Slow down my work as everyone is afraid and I work a lot with strange countries. Media took a part in this mess. Today one of my colleague was taken from work for a check up as his brother (doctor) was diagnosticate positive to coronavirus. We have to learn to live for some months with this epidemy.
    Fear of people and media don’t help.

Best of luck my friend, I like your attitude :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well, we’ve been practicing watching all those apocalyptic movies now haven’t we?
    Watched a documentary about 1918 Spanish Flu today. 500,000,000 infected worldwide with a population of around two billion. Fifty million died. They had no clue about preventing its spread. We are a lot better off today. At least there is awareness.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2020

2 weeks incubation
    +
    A symptomatic carriers
    +
    People can get reinfected
    +
    Surface longevity
    +
    High infection rate
    +
    Unprepared US Government response

(Trump has so brilliantly defunded the CDC because “he hates to see all those people just standing around”

Pence who presided over an Indiana HIV outbreak doesn’t believe cigarettes kill or science is now the Corona Tzar

No one has enough test kits

And the dudes who are working on a vaccine (1.5 years away by one estimate) are so late stage laissez-faire capitalists they can’t promise the vaccine will be affordable

But no one should panic. Trump thinks it’ll all be over in the spring 🙄😑🤬

• Wonder how rentals of Contagion are doing?

• @Max23 said:
    This is going to spread worldwide no matter what we do.
    Not even 3 month ago China pressed the alarm button
    And now it’s in 40 states already.
    2 weeks incubation time is awful long for mobile societies.

40 states? Aww, guess I should stop calling it the Kung Flu. :(

• “So about this coronavirus...”
    Is it AUv3 compatible?

• @Max23 said:
    Numbers from today via German Ministry of Health
    Worldwide
    81.245 Cases registered, 2.770 Dead.
    Virus has spread over 40 states.

The joys of modern air travel. We’re > @AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

40 states? Aww, guess I should stop calling it the xxxx Flu. :(

Not funny.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Max23 said:
    Numbers from today via German Ministry of Health
    Worldwide
    81.245 Cases registered, 2.770 Dead.
    Virus has spread over 40 states.

The joys of modern air travel. We’re > @AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

40 states? Aww, guess I should stop calling it the xxxx Flu. :(

Not funny.

Whoops, did I say ‘I’? I meant insensitive jerks.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, we’ve been practicing watching all those apocalyptic movies now haven’t we?
    Watched a documentary about 1918 Spanish Flu today. 500,000,000 infected worldwide with a population of around two billion. Fifty million died. They had no clue about preventing its spread. We are a lot better off today. At least there is awareness.

I think some of this may be offset by how much people travel and it being at least a year or so before there is a vaccine for the corona virus. Being able to spread through the air and reports of it living outside of the body for up to three days are cause for concern. Unfortunately, the virus may also mutate as it replicates which may further complicate trying to mange it. Given these circumstances, I believe that’s why they’ve been trying to take such strong measures to try and restrict its spread.

The next weeks and months should provide us with a lot more insight into how the virus will impact our lives.

• It’s unbelievable.
    There aren't many tourists here.
    (kyoto,Japan)

• I’m plotting how to get out of NYC before quarantine happens. I wanna get tf out of here anyways but after that Cheeto Mussolini press conference I’m fairly sure we r fucked

• I estimate the reason the mortality rate in Italy appears to be higher is because more people are infected than is reported, hence the spread of the disease to other places. It’s going to be confirmed a pandemic very soon. Masks are of little use, even full hazmat suits have limitations due to practical use. The biggest problem with mass infections is mutation, but that doesn’t mean it will become more aggressive, it could also become less aggressive.

• Here's a comforting report from a reporter with contacts in the Medical community:

Don’t panic. Doctors/ virologists I’m speaking to say 98% of people will be fine, even if they get Covid-19. They expect it will go around the world, but that most people who get it will be a little sick, then recover. The danger is to vulnerable people. Hospitals/ old age homes.

RE: Masks. There are a finite numbers of masks in the world. They should be available to be worn by someone with the virus ti avoid inflecting others.

If 5% of the population owns all the available masks in an effort to avoid inflection then many more would be at risk of exposure from this infected that cannot be given masks.

I hope this exposes the terrible job we are doing protecting citizens from potentially manageable risks and managing crises.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I’m plotting how to get out of NYC before quarantine happens. I wanna get tf out of here anyways but after that Cheeto Mussolini press conference I’m fairly sure we r fucked

HA!
    (that's a bitter and dark ha)

• edited February 2020

@McD said:
    Here's a comforting report from a reporter with contacts in the Medical community:

Don’t panic. Doctors/ virologists I’m speaking to say 98% of people will be fine, even if they get Covid-19. They expect it will go around the world, but that most people who get it will be a little sick, then recover. The danger is to vulnerable people. Hospitals/ old age homes.

RE: Masks. There are a finite numbers of masks in the world. They should be available to be worn by someone with the virus ti avoid inflecting others.

If 5% of the population owns all the available masks in an effort to avoid inflection then many more would be at risk of exposure from this infected that cannot be given masks.

I hope this exposes the terrible job we are doing protecting citizens from potentially manageable risks and managing crises.

Unless the mask has a viral filter on it it's fairly useless. What a saving grace is that it's not an airborne contagion LIKE MEASLES (get vaccinated FFS).

Preventative measures for this particular virus include frequently washing your hands 20 sec. per side with soap and hot water and sneezing, coughing in your elbows pit, and not shaking hands.

Hints on preventing further viral outbreaks:
    Stop eating bushmeat
    Pay people enough so they don't have to eat bushmeat
    Stop encroaching into natural habitats of wild animals
    Stop defrosting all the hibernating viruses in the permafrost

Become vegetarian
    Beat your local politicians till they get the message

• edited February 2020

The UK will implode when it hits here, we have the most incompetent government in history, and they already have floods and a self-harming Brexit to deal with.

Matt ‘acting normally around women (check YouTube)’ Hancock and PM Boris ‘hides in a fridge’ Johnson in charge, along with a Home Secretary who states she’s tough on ‘counter-terrorism’ (yes, really), and other stars such as Chris ‘ferry company with no ferries’ Grayling, Michael ‘we’ve had enough of experts’ Gove etc.

We’re not China, and you can’t close off London, because it merges into everything else.

Oh, and hospitals are full to bursting already, courtesy of a decade of under-funding.

Happy days!

• @MonzoPro said:
    The UK will implode when it hits here, we have the most incompetent government in history, and they already have floods and a self-harming Brexit to deal with.

Matt ‘acting normally around women (check YouTube) Hancock and PM Boris ‘hides in a fridge’ Johnson in charge, along with a Home Secretary who states she’s tough on ‘counter-terrorism’ (yes, really), and other stars such as Chris ‘ferry company with no ferries’ Grayling, Michael ‘we’ had enough of experts’ Gove etc.

We’re not China, and you can’t close off London, because it merges into everything else.

Oh, and hospitals are full to bursting already, courtesy of a decade of under-funding.

Happy days!

Sorry Mate, sounds horrid. I have no confidence on this side of the pond either.

• The socia-economic knock on effect’s could cause more suffering and death than the virus itself given we live in the age of hype and panic.

• edited February 2020

At the cost of sounding insensitive I think these viruses are a blessing in disguise. I know this will hurt people's feelings, take away loved ones etc, etc.
    Of course nobody deserves to die yet somehow dying from a bug is a most natural thing, these guys are everywhere. We’re made of them and have relatively very little understanding of them.

We’ve been cheating death by extending life with medical science with amazing results yet there’s people on a perpetual suffering loop because medical science won’t let them go. Of course the big pharma are especially happy about this. I sometimes think of how I want to go and would take a Covid16 (or its close relative) over lengthy cancer, dementia, Parkinson’s and many others. Isn’t the real disease in our global society the inability to talk about death with dignity yet in practical terms? With daily compassion? What about resources? That’s another moral black hole. What if the government money that is being spent on keeping of old people with terrible quality of life alive ends up spent on mental health places for younger population or children centres or whatever.
    I see it as a part of natural selection. We’ve overpopulated this planet at a cost to other species so maybe there’s a need for some rebalancing?

I’m really sorry if this sounds insensitive in more than one way. I’m in it myself as we’re all gonna die one day but putting so many resources into something that sounds unavoidable seems unwise.

I also feel the tactic of delaying its spread is misguided. Surely letting this thing rip through as soon as possible is better (?). Otherwise the state of paranoia will linger for months. Find a way to Isolate all vulnerable people in various ways and let the virus in.

I’d welcome a holistic and constructive discussion about all the above and happy to be proven wrong. As you can imagine this is all based on random info floating around mixed with some philosophical musings over a cup of coffee.

Let’s say like all things human, it is complicated.

• edited February 2020

@audiblevideo said:

Hints on preventing further viral outbreaks:
    Stop eating bushmeat
    Pay people enough so they don't have to eat bushmeat
    Stop encroaching into natural habitats of wild animals
    Stop defrosting all the hibernating viruses in the permafrost

Become vegetarian
    Beat your local politicians till they get the message

You're not up to speed. The virus came from a lab in Wuhan, not the seafood market.

"Stop eating bushmeat" - Does that apply to the Kalahari and Inuits too? They'll starve pretty quick if so.

A steak from local beef from my local butcher has a far lower carbon footprint than the avocados flown from tropics that end on your toast.

"Beat your local politicians till they get the message" - So if anyone doesn't go along with your agenda - employ violence!

Perhaps you're missing some vital nutrients for your brain, In any case, your logic is akin to that of a brainwashed Hitler Youth or a fresh NKVD officer.

• @audiblevideo said:

You're not up to speed. The virus came from a lab in Wuhan, not the seafood market.

Currently this is only a conspiracy theory with NO evidence to support it. Let’s try and calm down and not believe articles unsupported by evidence.

• ‘A steak from local beef from my local butcher has a far lower carbon footprint than the avocados flown from tropics that end on your toast.’

Care to share the science on that one, @ElectroHead ? I find that hard to believe based on numbers I have. The transport aspect is relatively insignificant from what I understand.

This discussion has been closed.