Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, about this coronavirus...

Comments

• pretty much believe that infection cases are strongly under reported in china. On other side it's hard to under report death cases, this is somehing very different. This is why i think real mortality is way much smaller than it looks....

• @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SilverK said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Like a normal stational flu.

Nothing to worry about.

one in sixty die from the flu?

Flu kills a hundred of thousands every year!

Yah, looks like about 1 in 16000 people infected die from the flu. With Corona it is 1 in 60. So clearly not the same.

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Yah, looks like about 1 in 16000 people infected die from the flu. With Corona it is 1 in 60. So clearly not the same.

Think your math is a bit off🤔 if it where 1 in 60 then the number of deaths to date would be far higher would it not ? .... It’s nothing more than bluster n bollox .... China has over 1.4 Billion people and how many have died so far ? There’s probably more people in USA died from flu in last couple of months .... There’s far more die from Dengue fever every month yet no global crisis and Dengue fever is just about everywhere !

I made this comment a long time ago. The armchair data has changed etc. We are on internet jibber jabber time! I can’t possibly be expected to stand by what I said more than two days ago. No human can anymore.

Dengue fever is completely different.
    It spreads via insects (think Malaria) and not from human to human.
    That’s what makes corona dangerous. Hint hint ;)

Gee it’s really dreadful to watch these Internet discussion from/with ppl that have no idea about medicine 😑

My reason for using Dengue fever is because it’s spread and lack of containment .... it Kills everywhere and can affect anyone ... it’s victims are usually the same as flu .... old and weak or young ... I read some time ago that they had in fact developed a sort of weapon against mosquitoes that could be distributed by injecting some microbe I think , into coconuts and dispersing the coconuts around known problem areas .... but I digress .... My point is these outbreaks seem to be blown out of proportion by the media .... yes it’s serious but come on ...... loss of life is tragic but at these levels ? Priorities please ..... we stand to lose far more lives from lack of interest in our real problems ....

• @espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SilverK said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Think your math is a bit off🤔 if it where 1 in 60 then the number of deaths to date would be far higher would it not ? .... It’s nothing more than bluster n bollox .... China has over 1.4 Billion people and how many have died so far ? There’s probably more people in USA died from flu in last couple of months .... There’s far more die from Dengue fever every month yet no global crisis and Dengue fever is just about everywhere !

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/china/sars-wuhan-virus-explainer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

A week ago they were saying 2.1% death rate. So 1 in 50.

Also.... 37549 (total known infected) / 815 (total known deaths) = 46, so 1 in 46 now.

I will repeat that the WHO still says the data quality is unknown and that mortality rate speculation can be off significantly due to that. For instance, they point out that there may be many deaths from Wuhan not attributed to the virus that were caused by it before they knew what they were dealing with. Estimates of SARS mortality rate was off by a factor of 2 at a similar point in time.

Yes, I will repeat, that I do realize this.

• @SilverK said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SilverK said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

I made this comment a long time ago. The armchair data has changed etc. We are on internet jibber jabber time! I can’t possibly be expected to stand by what I said more than two days ago. No human can anymore.

Dengue fever is completely different.
    It spreads via insects (think Malaria) and not from human to human.
    That’s what makes corona dangerous. Hint hint ;)

Gee it’s really dreadful to watch these Internet discussion from/with ppl that have no idea about medicine 😑

My reason for using Dengue fever is because it’s spread and lack of containment .... it Kills everywhere and can affect anyone ... it’s victims are usually the same as flu .... old and weak or young ... I read some time ago that they had in fact developed a sort of weapon against mosquitoes that could be distributed by injecting some microbe I think , into coconuts and dispersing the coconuts around known problem areas .... but I digress .... My point is these outbreaks seem to be blown out of proportion by the media .... yes it’s serious but come on ...... loss of life is tragic but at these levels ? Priorities please ..... we stand to lose far more lives from lack of interest in our real problems ....

I have heard that it is the ‘newness’ of the beast in humans and thus heightened potential for mutation that is a cause for concern. And yes, media distorts the hell out of everything.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    They just evacuated the train station in my hometown. :o

Italy?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Time to start panic buying :0

• There's apparently one here in Gothenburg now as well but why panic?!
    The paranoia & panic caused by the media only makes it worse...

• @Max23 said:
    They just evacuated the train station in my hometown. :o

Wow. That’s crazy.

• No - no one should be panicking.

Making rational decisions/choices? Absolutely
    Washing your hands/face? Shouldn't you be doing this anyway?

Let's look at the SURVIVAL rates here - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Over 80% of people survive this - reports from survivors are that's it's a high fever akin to a bad cold.

Relax - this isn't the plague, and spring is coming. We should all be smart and safe, but being reactionary won't do anyone any good.

What pisses me off is that the news is all about death rates but no one is comparing this to the survival rate - death rates sound shocking and make good news as it gets people's attention. There are FAR more people surviving this than not.

This doesn't mean you should be flippant and throw caution to the wind - just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.

• @Samu said:
    There's apparently one here in Gothenburg now as well but why panic?!

The panic is because we don’t have enough data yet for scientists to know what is going on. I listened to an interview with an epidemiologist from a couple of weeks ago who was clear that it was totally impossible yet to say how serious this is. It makes it scary. Because it MIGHT be pretty bad. Or it might not. Walking blindly into an intersection is scary.

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

The panic is because we don’t have enough data yet for scientists to know what is going on. I listened to an interview with an epidemiologist from a couple of weeks ago who was clear that it was totally impossible yet to say how serious this is. It makes it scary. Because it MIGHT be pretty bad. Or it might not. Walking blindly into an intersection is scary.

True but put to put it in another perspective more people are die every day due to lack of food and clean water compared to the few that pass away due to the virus. But that's totally another discussion...

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s pretty bad. It has a high infection rate and 20 times the death rate of influenza. The problem is that in most countries the hospitals won’t be able to cope for the amount of critically ill patients. If you are young and healthy then you will likely be ok, but if of older age or have underlying health issues then you are more a risk. Also we still don’t know if there are health implications after recovery such as organ or heart damage.
    Anyone interested in factual coverage of this virus I recommend Dr. John Campbell’s youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

• @Daveypoo said:
    No - no one should be panicking.

Let's look at the SURVIVAL rates here - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Over 80% of people survive this - reports from survivors are that's it's a high fever akin to a bad cold.

Relax - this isn't the plague, and spring is coming. We should all be smart and safe, but being reactionary won't do anyone any good.

What pisses me off is that the news is all about death rates but no one is comparing this to the survival rate - death rates sound shocking and make good news as it gets people's attention. There are FAR more people surviving this than not.

This doesn't mean you should be flippant and throw caution to the wind - just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.

It’s pretty likely this will spread everywhere, no logical reason to think otherwise - you can only pull up the drawbridge for so long.

Based on averages of around 2% fatality rate, that’s 154 million potential deaths.

So yeah, 98% survival rate is great, but not much comfort if you’re getting on a bit or have existing health issues.

Actually in the UK it’s officially being played down, which makes me more nervous than the alternative.

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

True but put to put it in another perspective more people are die every day due to lack of food and clean water compared to the few that pass away due to the virus. But that's totally another discussion...

Totally different issue. Those are things where you can gauge your risk and exposure. This is something where you can’t gauge either.

It is scarier to cross a road with a blindfold and earplugs on than to cross the same road with your eyes open and ears unblocked.

And it can’t be emphasized enough none of the numbers we have seen are complete enough data sets for epidemiologists to be able to gauge their completeness or lack thereof. That is why none of them are expressing an opinion about whether they think this will rapidly die down or if this is a long-term health threat.

• @Samu : to be clear. I am not saying that we should panic. I am saying that panic is understandable.

• One thing I question... since they offset the threat of coronavirus with high mortality statistics of the flu this year, how do they know those deaths weren't actually from the coronavirus since the symptoms appear similar, but they have only recently been testing for corona?

I wonder if this could've been spreading longer than we realize, and many of those flu deaths were actually corona?

As it stands now, the ONLY organization in the U.S. that has testing kits for corona is the CDC.

This site seems to be a pretty good collection of data that's updated without a load of hyperbole and fear-based click-bait headlines.

https://theprepared.com/wuhan-coronavirus/#moderate

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Samu : to be clear. I am not saying that we should panic. I am saying that panic is understandable.

Totally, fear of the unknown always causes some degree of panic.

It's all about how we as humans handle 'the unknown'. Some resort to extreme conspiracy theories (which can be quite entertaining to read), some predict the end of the world some that it's the natures way to clean out the slack etc. etc.

What bothers me more is that some 'exploit the situation' for their own benefit...

• edited February 2020

All I'm saying is that there's no reason to PANIC.

That's not to say there's no reason for concern, but no one needs to lose their heads here.

The news chooses what to report, and there are many ways of reading the same data. Just try to read what data is available before we start rioting. This isn't the plague, and it's also not just a cold. Somewhere in the middle, so let's treat it accordingly - with caution and logic.

• I was standing next to a young lady on my way home tonight on the Jubilee Line tube, she was wearing a mask. Probably the only person I’d seen all day wearing one. It wasn’t fitting very well, looked like a standard dust mask for decorators and builders, and she hadn’t pushed the little metal strips down around her nose, so it was effectively doing almost nothing.

It occurred to me that it’d be funny to go out in public wearing a mask like that but that had been photo printed with an exact 1:1 photo of your mouth and nose. Then I thought it’d be even funnier if it had the hugest imaginable joint (a reefer, I believe they’re also called) posed between your lips, embers glowing on the end.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@u0421793 said:
    I was standing next to a young lady on my way home tonight on the Jubilee Line tube, she was wearing a mask. Probably the only person I’d seen all day wearing one. It wasn’t fitting very well, looked like a standard dust mask for decorators and builders, and she hadn’t pushed the little metal strips down around her nose, so it was effectively doing almost nothing.

It occurred to me that it’d be funny to go out in public wearing a mask like that but that had been photo printed with an exact 1:1 photo of your mouth and nose. Then I thought it’d be even funnier if it had the hugest imaginable joint (a reefer, I believe they’re also called) posed between your lips, embers glowing on the end.

You should jump on this! You could make a fortune producing those things if you act fast.

Supply chain issues would be tough right now though.

• @skiphunt said:
    One thing I question... since they offset the threat of coronavirus with high mortality statistics of the flu this year, how do they know those deaths weren't actually from the coronavirus since the symptoms appear similar, but they have only recently been testing for corona?

I wonder if this could've been spreading longer than we realize, and many of those flu deaths were actually corona?

As it stands now, the ONLY organization in the U.S. that has testing kits for corona is the CDC.

This site seems to be a pretty good collection of data that's updated without a load of hyperbole and fear-based click-bait headlines.

https://theprepared.com/wuhan-coronavirus/#moderate

They can tell from the corona virus dna from samples of people who have contracted it that it came into being sometime this past November. Also, the symptoms are different enough from the flu to not likely be confused with it on a large scale. Not to mention that with most flu deaths they actually take cultures in order to study it. Flu-like symptoms means less than it sounds like. It doesn’t mean indistinguishable from the flu.

• @Max23 said:

@Daveypoo said:
    No - no one should be panicking.

Read the numbers the other way ;)
    Nearly 20% die.
    That’s one dead in a group of 5 people !

20%? Never heard this figure. I’m hearing 2% and that is likely an overestimate since many cases never come to light since symptoms can be very mild. 20% makes no sense also if you consider 8 deaths out of 400 currently in Italy.

As someone mentioned above, it’s hard to underreport deaths but very easy to underreport number of cases.

• So is now a bad time to learn a wind instrument?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@knewspeak said:
    So is now a bad time to learn a wind instrument?

Just don't borrow one from anyone you meet on the street.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @u0421793 said:
    I was standing next to a young lady on my way home tonight on the Jubilee Line tube, she was wearing a mask. Probably the only person I’d seen all day wearing one. It wasn’t fitting very well, looked like a standard dust mask for decorators and builders, and she hadn’t pushed the little metal strips down around her nose, so it was effectively doing almost nothing.

😂

• I‘m MD in Germany. I will be in the first row when it comes in a week or two. When I look at Italy, I have to buy more toilet paper for home, i think. The mortality rate is much higher than the flu‘s.
    Good night and good luck! (as E. R. Murrow always said)

This discussion has been closed.