Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, about this coronavirus...

Comments

• As long as this virus outbreak does not push back Drambo's release date, we're fine.

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:
    So is smoking, driving a car, and a host of other things.

Yep. I fell for and briefly panicked with the last couple of pandemic scares too. Got both H1N1 and Zika on different trips in Mexico. Both were not very pleasant and might've taken me out if I'd been older and not in decent health.

Basically, they were both very similar to a really bad flu. Zika had a weird intense pain behind each of my eyeballs, like someone was giving you a noogie inside your skull. Didn't care for that sensation AT ALL. And there was a rash that covered the inside of my arms and legs. Pretty intense pain in the joints with both.

Both seemed to run their courses in about 5-6 days, and I even motorcycle traveled for part of the time I was infected with H1N1.

Wasn't pleasant and wouldn't want to do it again by choice, but overall wasn't a huge deal if you are in reasonably good health and your immune system isn't severely compromised.

Heh. I think I’d be a whole lot more worried about riding that motorcycle, and the Mexico drug cartels, than the flu. :D

You’re a brave man.

Oh great, now I'm worried about Mexicans on motorcycles. Thanks!

• If they offer you a Corona, be sure to take it with the lime. It helps kill the virus.

• Go try buying some n95 masks on amazon shit they running loooooow my boys

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Go try buying some n95 masks on amazon shit they running loooooow my boys

I am stocked up already for forest fire season.

• edited January 2020

@CRAKROX said:

@cloudswimmer said: then eternity awaits. There is forgiveness in sins and eternal life in none other than Christ who gave himself a living sacrifice on a Roman crucifix so that all that believe in him should not perish .. but have eternal life. It’s a good time to crack that dusty Bible off an read the book of John that explains it all.

Or you could just kill a cow/chicken/first born child or yourself in an act of self sacrifice, it will be just as effective for claiming your place in Valhalla, Paradise, Tlalocan, Tir Na Nog or whichever version of the supposed afterlife floats your boat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I, personally, would prefer to rely on science and medicine in terms of treatment for diseases :)))) Looks to me like safer bet than waiting for help of invisible eternal entity .. at least science and medicine has better results when look back to last few thousands of years :))))

@skiphunt
    Yep. I fell for and briefly panicked with the last couple of pandemic scares too. Got both H1N1 and Zika on different trips in Mexico.
    Both seemed to run their courses in about 5-6 days, and I even motorcycle traveled for part of the time I was infected with H1N1.

Is that you, Chuck Norris ??

• @jolico said:
    Scary stuff, because we all know that Wuhan clan ain’t nuthin’ to F’ wit’

:o that was good :D

• @bresk said:

@jolico said:
    Scary stuff, because we all know that Wuhan clan ain’t nuthin’ to F’ wit’

:o that was good :D

Indeed post the f the week !

• @skiphunt said:
    I just looked at a bunch of data from previous outbreaks... and mortality rates in the U.S. alone for the current regular flu season. So far there have already been 8200 deaths.

Seems like regular ol' flu is a lot more deadly than the coronavirus.

Not quite.

The 2009/10 flu pandemic killed approximately 395,000 people. The fatality rate was about 0.03% - meaning if you got it there was less than a 1 in 3,000 chance it'd kill you.

As of right now there have been 7915 reported cases of coronavirus, and 170 deaths. That's a fatality rate of around 2.15% - meaning there's a greater than 1 in 46 chance it'd kill you.

So if the 2009/10 pandemic had been coronavirus and it had infected the same number of people it would have killed approximately 28,300,000.

And to put that into perspective, it's roughly equivalent to killing the entire populations of the Netherlands and Belgium.

• let's just hope that Deagel & co are well off the mark ! :o :* :#

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

• edited January 2020

@AlanC3 said:

@skiphunt said:
    I just looked at a bunch of data from previous outbreaks... and mortality rates in the U.S. alone for the current regular flu season. So far there have already been 8200 deaths.

Seems like regular ol' flu is a lot more deadly than the coronavirus.

Not quite.

The 2009/10 flu pandemic killed approximately 395,000 people. The fatality rate was about 0.03% - meaning if you got it there was less than a 1 in 3,000 chance it'd kill you.

As of right now there have been 7915 reported cases of coronavirus, and 170 deaths. That's a fatality rate of around 2.15% - meaning there's a greater than 1 in 46 chance it'd kill you.

So if the 2009/10 pandemic had been coronavirus and it had infected the same number of people it would have killed approximately 28,300,000.

And to put that into perspective, it's roughly equivalent to killing the entire populations of the Netherlands and Belgium.

Problem in this math is, that nobody has clue what is REAL amount of people who are infected or were infected since first time coronavirus was reported (which was in december 2019 - but because we are talking about China, then this virus is probably circulating in population even longer).

It may be easily many hundred of thousands just in China - because quarantines were applied just recently, and virus spreading is monitored just probably last 2-3 weeks ...

On other side, i would expect that number deaths, caused by complications related to virus is realistic, because if somebody dies, then in most cases they know WHY. So it's unlikely that significan amount of people with coronavirus died and nobody knows they had coronavirus.

Problem is - if somebody in last 2 months had week of illness with all symptoms of common flu, then i would expect in most cases they even don't know it was coronavirus :))

In light of this, real mortality rate should be same or even smaller than common flu ...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    I read a comment that said the virus wont last long because it's Made in China 😆

Made my day 😄

• @BCKeys said:
    I read a comment that said the virus wont last long because it's Made in China 😆

Except for the fact that pretty much everything is made in China including all of the premium apple stuff.

• @dendy said:
    It may be easily many hundred of thousands just in China - because quarantines were applied just recently, and virus spreading is monitored just probably last 2-3 weeks ...

In reality I think we can be just about certain it'll end up like SARS: it'll cause problems in China but they'll contain it, and it won't get a foothold anywhere else because of all the precautions that will be taken. So the number of people who end up getting killed by it will be far lower than the numbers who get killed by flu.

Meanwhile the media will be whipping themselves into a frenzy; I fully expect the UK press to be announcing doomsday if we get even one confirmed case here.

• edited January 2020

@AlanC3
    Meanwhile the media will be whipping themselves into a frenzy; I fully expect the UK press to be announcing doomsday if we get even one confirmed case here.

Yes, media in all countries are excellent in spreading panic and scaring people.. At the end, people are lot more interested in negative news than in positive.

• Anyone played Plague on their phones. It’s uncanny seeing the news headlines compared to reality.

• @dendy said:

On other side, i would expect that number deaths, caused by complications related to virus is realistic, because if somebody dies, then in most cases they know WHY. So it's unlikely that significan amount of people with coronavirus died and nobody knows they had coronavirus.

Problem is - if somebody in last 2 months had week of illness with all symptoms of common flu, then i would expect in most cases they even don't know it was coronavirus :))

In light of this, real mortality rate should be same or even smaller than common flu ...

Major problem is the availability of test kit in China, supply is limited and controlled, doctors are not allow to declare coronavirus infection without the "official" test kit even with all the evidence symptoms diagnosed. Only few hospitals in Wuhan have authority to confirm diagnosis. All hospitals are overload many patients are/were forced to be wrongly diagnose, many were treated as regular flu and told to go home because the normal hospital are not allow to confirm diagnosis, but the hospitals that can will not take up walkin patient... you see what they are doing?

• edited January 2020

@Oxide303 yesh, it confirms my theory that there is probably 10x or maybe 100x more people infected, but still just 170 deaths (i'm in doubt they would hide death cases, that is something very different)..

it means real mortality is maybe even smaller than flu mortality...

• @dendy said:
    @Oxide303 yesh, it confirms my theory that there is probably 10x or maybe 100x more people infected, but still just 170 deaths (i'm in doubt they would hide death cases, that is something very different)..

it means real mortality is maybe even smaller than flu mortality...

I really hope the mortality rate is lower than flu, but the Chinese government have not disclose the number of death by flu or pneumonia until this moment.

• We can debate percentages and figures endlessly however several international airlines have cancelled all flights in and out of China, as said before I don’t remember that happening with SARS or even Ebola so I feel there is either something we are not being told or they suspect something bad are keeping it quiet.

• @CRAKROX said:
    We can debate percentages and figures endlessly however several international airlines have cancelled all flights in and out of China, as said before I don’t remember that happening with SARS or even Ebola so I feel there is either something we are not being told or they suspect something bad are keeping it quiet.

My thoughts too. Borders being closed, airlines shutting down flights to one of the biggest countries on the planet, military-based quarrantine - this is unprecedented.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:
    We can debate percentages and figures endlessly however several international airlines have cancelled all flights in and out of China, as said before I don’t remember that happening with SARS or even Ebola so I feel there is either something we are not being told or they suspect something bad are keeping it quiet.

My thoughts too. Borders being closed, airlines shutting down flights to one of the biggest countries on the planet, military-based quarrantine - this is unprecedented.

Could be a balls to the wall testing of various systems taking advantage of the situation.

• @cyberheater said:
    Anyone worried?

I see the British government is going to enforce a 2 week quarantine for British citizens returning from Wuhan.

Boost VitC/AscorbidAcid and other immune system homeopathic protections.

Like all virus scenarios, it will burn itself out.

Generally they weaken as they as evolve.

• I know Corona Virus is no laughing matter, so I hope I'm not being insensitive but ...

There's a pretty funny series on Netflix - Medical Police.
    I almost bailed after the first episode 'cause it seemed a little too dumb, but it gets to be genuinely hilarious as it goes along.

• The best thing about this new virus is that it helps us understand that a common word can have multiple meanings and teach us to accept ambiguity in print.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

I tend to agree. I'd like to say those are all well-intentioned and common-sense responses, but experience tells me that it takes a lot to inspire greedy humans to voluntarily take a financial hit like that. If that were not the case, we'd be a lot further along addressing environmental concerns such as climate change. As usual, follow the money to the truth...

• Regarding the ‘military-based quarantine’ comments, in Australia at least they are going to put people on Christmas Island which was formerly a detention centre for refugees.

Yes, it looks quasi-military but our awful government has form - they love to lock innocent people up (viz. genuine refugees) so it probably reflects more on them than on any genuine concern about a virus. Also our prime minister royally screwed up the (still going) bushfire crisis so he’s keen to look impressive in the media.

And - this is the best bit - they are charging people $1000 to go into quarantine. So if you want to escape ‘the plague’ you have to not be poor.

Lovely people, hey?

:(

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For those of us old enough to remember...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corona

:wink:

This discussion has been closed.