Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal Public Beta available

12346»

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    WOW!! Less than two dollars for a desktop class app!!
    It can’t get any better...

On the iPhone, polyphony is limited to 8, but still that's something, since poly analog synths usually have 8 polyphony :) Also, number of factory presets is limited to 300 (200 + 100 extra when user registers). But users can purchase the desktop factory presets upgrade any time.

Killer pricing for a synth of its caliber! I know its not supported but it runs well standalone on my iPhone 6 under 12.4.4 after a few tries! It even loads into AUM as an IAA but not as AU.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Expanded keyboards still close on swiping up for Y-Axis.

EDIT: Also, swiping left on keyboard in AU closes keyboard

Just tested 1.3.2 beta and these issues still exist in the build and cannot use Y-Axis gestures.

@MobileMusic said:

Tested this again - SM1 does not crash but it does not upload the preset to google drive

I will test with OneDrive and Google Drive as well. So far only tested with iCloud.

EDIT: Just tested with OneDrive and Google Drive, exporting presets to those file providers worked as well.

On iPad, it is uploading all the presets in the bank to the "parent" folder of the selected folder on GD (not into the selected folder).

On iPhone, it is uploading all the presets in the bank to the selected folder on GD.

How to upload selected preset?
    How to select more than one preset in the bank?

There is still NO sound on SM1 universal app on iPhone 6s (SM1 for iPhone generates sound). Restarted iPhone with no luck.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Expanded keyboards still close on swiping up for Y-Axis.

EDIT: Also, swiping left on keyboard in AU closes keyboard

I disabled swipes for the keyboard dialogs in version 1.3.3, that'll be the AppStore version tomorrow (uploading now)

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:
    There is still NO sound on SM1 universal app on iPhone 6s (SM1 for iPhone generates sound). Restarted iPhone with no luck.

Try to play with the Audio I/O settings (Settings page). On iPhones, recording should be off for instance. Turning it on screws up things.

@MobileMusic said:

Try to play with the Audio I/O settings (Settings page). On iPhones, recording should be off for instance. Turning it on screws up things.

FWIW - Both versions work pretty much as expected in standalone on my iPhone 6. iOS 12.4.4

• @kv331audio_bulent
    Background audio not working because I can’t control with any controller. (iFretless Bass, KB Velocity Keyboard, GeoShred).
    Of course, I don’t know if MPE works correctly.
    Please, fix the problem!
    Thanks.👍

• @Ral said:
    @kv331audio_bulent
    Background audio not working because I can’t control with any controller. (iFretless Bass, KB Velocity Keyboard, GeoShred).
    Of course, I don’t know if MPE works correctly.

It's not background audio that's not working, I believe the issue is with virtual midi sources/destinations implementation inside SM1. I already submitted the official build 1.3.3 so this fix will be in 1.3.4 hopefuly.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    WOW!! Less than two dollars for a desktop class app!!
    It can’t get any better...

On the iPhone, polyphony is limited to 8, but still that's something, since poly analog synths usually have 8 polyphony :) Also, number of factory presets is limited to 300 (200 + 100 extra when user registers). But users can purchase the desktop factory presets upgrade any time.

Yeah polyphony is current iPhone hardware-related limitation. Maybe in future, you would be able to increase it to 16 when specs go up.

Er... aren't the iPhone 11s more powerful than the most recent iPads?

• @anickt said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:

FWIW - Both versions work pretty much as expected in standalone on my iPhone 6. iOS 12.4.4

It is the Background Audio that is affecting sound (not Recording). It works now.

• the iPhone only version is now on the AppStore:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/synthmaster-one-iphone/id1490902617?ls=1

Apple hasn't approved the universal version yet. They said:

"Specifically, the Buy button was greyed out and we were not able to purchase your IAP products."

• Unbelievable 🤣😳

Hey maybe they wanna biy your IAPs to repay you for all your hard work❤️😌

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    the iPhone only version is now on the AppStore:

"Specifically, the Buy button was greyed out and we were not able to purchase your IAP products."

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Only the Desktop preset library is meant for SM1 and all other libraries relate to SMP and cannot be bought for SM1 (it goes to AppStore > SMP). Maybe if you remove SMP libraries from the Buy screen, it is less confusing - or advertise about SMP on the Buy screen in a separate box.

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Only the Desktop preset library is meant for SM1 and all other libraries relate to SMP and cannot be bought for SM1 (it goes to AppStore > SMP). Maybe if you remove SMP libraries from the Buy screen, it is less confusing - or advertise about SMP on the Buy screen in a separate box.

About the grayed out buttons (they look disabled), we know it is to highlight the current module (browser, IAP, etc). Maybe you could use tab pages for highlighting and placing those modules. The current tab highlights the current module.

• @MobileMusic said:

I explained to them that we show all of our IAPs in that screen. They should approve it, since they approved for the iPhone version.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

? Ohhh, I assumed/thought the SMP libraries shortcut was just a temporary beta thing (plugging in the SMP libs just for testing the store) and that they would be replaced by the Synthmaster One expansion libraries.

So there won't be Synthmaster One libraries anytime soon, aside from the Desktop Presets Upgrade?

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

? Ohhh, I assumed/thought the SMP libraries shortcut was just a temporary beta thing (plugging in the SMP libs just for testing the store) and that they would be replaced by the Synthmaster One expansion libraries.

So there won't be Synthmaster One libraries anytime soon, aside from the Desktop Presets Upgrade?

@brice was cooking something for SM1. I asked him to add Rosemary and extra Garlic to it :smile:

• @AudioGus said:

There will be. We're planning to release at least 5 banks this year

@MobileMusic said:

I explained to them that we show all of our IAPs in that screen. They should approve it, since they approved for the iPhone version.

iPhone version may have been reviewed by another person or maybe that person bought only the desktop library successfully and approved it. Their stance may be - if a listed IAP cannot be purchased, it is irrelevant to the app.

• @AudioGus said:

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Between the included library and the desktop library there's a lot to keep a person busy!

• @MobileMusic said:
    iPhone version may have been reviewed by another person or maybe that person bought only the desktop library successfully and approved it. Their stance may be - if a listed IAP cannot be purchased, it is irrelevant to the app.

Well, we list all of our products on that page. Anyhow, I know a workaround :wink:

@AudioGus said:

There will be. We're planning to release at least 5 banks this year

Whoot!

• I guess they also complained about a "restore previous purchases" button so I added that to the iPad app skin. Also fixed the virtual midi sources issue where SM1 was not receiving MIDI from any virtual source like Geoshred.

Hopefuly v1.3.4 will be accepted as our official release. Let's upload :)

This discussion has been closed.