Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal Public Beta available

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@jipumarino said:

@anickt said:

@jipumarino said:
    @kv331audio_bulent just to make sure: the scrolling behavior hasn’t been fixed yet, right?

It has

Interesting, I wonder if I somehow managed to install an earlier beta, it's doing the same as before in my iphone XR. I'll try in my ipad later today.

Click on the SynthMaster logo on the top left header. That will display the About dialog. Click on the Help button. The menu will display the "Revision Number". Is it 8667, Built on 01/01/2020 ?

👍 Got it, I do have that revision and build date

• edited January 2020

@jipumarino said:
    And some (preset browser at least) seem to require a really quick tap

I guess I know why -> There's both "long press" and "single tap" gestures defined for the view. Long press threshold is 100 milliseconds and it's used to stop the scroll animation. I'll try to increase that threshold.

As you said, for selecting listbox items, a short/quick tap is required.

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hey @kv331audio_bulent will you be able to support the bigger 11 inch screen of the iPad Pro too?
    Rn its only centered and black boarders left and right (see screenshot)

For users with the Desktop version will it be possible to just take the presets from Desktop and copy them into the Files folder?

Can't promise it for next week's official release but will definitely do it. Maybe will show it at NAMM Show.

That would make it look really optimal in its widescreen glory and ideal for NAMM. I thought of mentioning the empty borders on the sides (including AU), top and bottom before as I use the 11” Pro but there were other bigger issues to report and work on.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hey @kv331audio_bulent will you be able to support the bigger 11 inch screen of the iPad Pro too?
    Rn its only centered and black boarders left and right (see screenshot)

For users with the Desktop version will it be possible to just take the presets from Desktop and copy them into the Files folder?

Can't promise it for next week's official release but will definitely do it. Maybe will show it at NAMM Show.

That would make it look really optimal in its widescreen glory and ideal for NAMM. I thought of mentioning the empty borders on the sides (including AU) before as I use the 11” Pro but there were other bigger issues to report and work on.

Awesome Bulent! You are on fire! Thanks!

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@tk32 said:
    Awesome.

Just one question... does this beta app install separately so that it doesn't interfere with the existing version?

Tested this flow:

1. deleted current version
    2. installed from AppStore (v1.1.7)
    3. created 2 presets, marked some presets as Favourite
    4. quit the v1.1.7 app
    5. installed from testflight (v1.3.0 beta)
    6. the data was preserved (2 presets + favourites)

So, on my machine NO DATA LOSS

Someone said before if we install beta/stable versions without deletion the existing app (beta/stable) on the device, it will not result in loss of our presets. Presets would be lost when we delete the app. So just reinstall beta/stable version without any deleting.

Once you install v1.3, sync your presets to cloud. Later, even if you delete the app, you should be able to restore your deleted presets from cloud backup. This feature is really cool to backup our presets with a tap!

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@jipumarino said:

I double checked my code, I'm using Apple's own "single tap gesture" handling mechanism. Looks like I have to revert to my own tap detection code... Apple's tap duration is very short.

• Trying to understand the midi banks and the midi out?

Seems pretty deep.. thanks..

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@jipumarino said:

I double checked my code, I'm using Apple's own "single tap gesture" handling mechanism. Looks like I have to revert to my own tap detection code... Apple's tap duration is very short.

Yeah takes me several taps to even change to a different preset with the beta. So I stopped testing, deleted TestFlight and SynthMaster One off of my 12.9’’ iPad Pro 2 4gb, rebooted iPad, re-downloaded SynthMaster One regular version, and now just a single intuitive tap lets me change presets easily like before. However ..... now SynthMaster One is crashing after a few minutes of playing some ballad stuff with that Jan Hammer stock patch .. could just be IOS 13.3 though .. today is the first time I’ve played SynthMaster One at all since going from IOS 12.3.1 to IOS 13.3.

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@tk32 said:
    Awesome.

Just one question... does this beta app install separately so that it doesn't interfere with the existing version?

Tested this flow:

1. deleted current version
    2. installed from AppStore (v1.1.7)
    3. created 2 presets, marked some presets as Favourite
    4. quit the v1.1.7 app
    5. installed from testflight (v1.3.0 beta)
    6. the data was preserved (2 presets + favourites)

So, on my machine NO DATA LOSS

Someone said before if we install beta/stable versions without deletion the existing app (beta/stable) on the device, it will not result in loss of our presets. Presets would be lost when we delete the app. So just reinstall beta/stable version without any deleting.

Once you install v1.3, sync your presets to cloud. Later, even if you delete the app, you should be able to restore your deleted presets from cloud backup. This feature is really cool to backup our presets with a tap!

@kv331audio_bulent , Can you please sync Favorites flags too? Deleting the app and reinstalling and syncing from cloud does not restore Favorites and we have to audition and re-favorite presets all over again. It is a lot of work to re-fav them because there are over 1280 presets. This will also help us sync our favorites across our devices.

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , Can you please sync Favorites flags too? Deleting the app and reinstalling and syncing from cloud does not restore Favorites and we have to audition and re-favorite presets all over again. It is a lot of work to re-fav them because there are over 1280 presets. This will also help us sync our favorites across our devices.

We do sync favourites and midi programs. I'll double check the code though and test on multiple machines.

• edited January 2020

@jipumarino said:

I replaced Apple's tap detection code with my own (once again! :smiley: ), putting a max time threshold of 0.3 seconds is reasonable for detecting taps. Apple's threshold is probably <= 0.1 seconds.

So, in short, I'll edit the tap detection code for preset listbox, listbox, treeview and menu controls.

@MobileMusic said:

We do sync favourites and midi programs. I'll double check the code though and test on multiple machines.

After I deleted and reinstalled the app and synced from cloud, I lost all the favorites and the Favorites bank (but got all my presets restored fine).

• @MobileMusic said:
    After I deleted and reinstalled the app and synced from cloud, I lost all the favorites and the Favorites bank (but got all my presets restored fine).

Sorry to hear that. Testing now.

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

Testing current beta ... Most of the time the parameter controls don't respond to touch. I think it's a kind of "fat finger" issue. If I touch very lightly with fingertip it works, but if I touch with normal pressure i.e. more fingertip area, there is usually no response at all.

This affects all rotary controls and sliders, though many push buttons seem to work.

I'm afraid this is unusable in its current state. (iPad Pro 2017 on current iOS release)

• @kv331audio_bulent , In the iPad version, an option to switch the UI to iPhone version would be ideal so we can test the iPhone app on iPad :smile:

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Testing current beta ... Most of the time the parameter controls don't respond to touch. I think it's a kind of "fat finger" issue. If I touch very lightly with fingertip it works, but if I touch with normal pressure i.e. more fingertip area, there is usually no response at all.

This affects all rotary controls and sliders, though many push buttons seem to work.

I'm afraid this is unusable in its current state. (iPad Pro 2017 on current iOS release)

I just tested light, medium and hard finger pressure on knobs and faders and found no such response issues. They all work as expected on both 11” Pro and iPhone 6s on iOS 12

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:

I double checked the code, and yes sync code for Favourite presets and Midi programs was missing on iOS. Fixing this bug now.

Regarding taps, there's definitely a bug for listbox, treeview and menu controls. Fixing that tomorrow.

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:

I double checked the code, and yes sync code for Favourite presets and Midi programs was missing on iOS. Fixing this bug now.

Regarding taps, there's definitely a bug for listbox, treeview and menu controls. Fixing that tomorrow.

After releasing stable v1.3, you deserve to go on a big vacation!
    First milestone from 2020 Resolutions accomplished :smile:

• @MobileMusic said:

@craftycurate said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I just tested light, medium and hard finger pressure on knobs and faders and found no such response issues. They all work as expected on both 11” Pro and iPhone 6s on iOS 12

So it's working on some systems. On mine, the reported behaviour occurs with almost 100% consistency, with minor variation in exact finger placement and pressure to be expected.

• @MobileMusic said:

Just fixed this issue!

• @craftycurate said:
    So it's working on some systems. On mine, the reported behaviour occurs with almost 100% consistency, with minor variation in exact finger placement and pressure to be expected.

So far you're the only user reporting this issue (touches not working with knobs/sliders). So far we have at least 100 users testing on iPhone/iPad. I'll try to reproduce if I can...

• edited January 2020

Loving this awesome synth!!

Will test iphone only as i dont wanna mess with my ipad setup and presets.

Another thing, how can i purchase IAPs in the Beta?

• @Tones4Christ said:

I don't know if it's possible.

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Tones4Christ said:

I don't know if it's possible.

Go to In-App Shop. Scroll icon on left to the right. You’ll get the Desktop presets. It will tell you beta testers don’t pay. I have them on my iPhone 6.

• edited January 2020

@Tones4Christ said:

Will test iphone only as i dont wanna mess with my ipad setup and presets.

Do not delete the app before installing next/ beta version - just install/overwrite the old version. That will retain your presets. Your presets get deleted when you delete the app. Once you install v1.3, sync your presets to cloud for backup so you never lose them even if you delete the app. You can restore your presets from cloud on any device.

EDIT: Also in the new beta, we can export and import presets from preset Browser’s cog wheel menu

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@craftycurate said:

So far you're the only user reporting this issue (touches not working with knobs/sliders). So far we have at least 100 users testing on iPhone/iPad. I'll try to reproduce if I can...

My experience with the app is what it is, regardless of the total number of testers. I have tested the app with great care and am able to reproduce these results consistently.

The problem is only occurring in the beta, or at least with greatly increased frequency. Something has changed in the GUI as in the beta, a touch area indicator (circle for knob, rectangle for slider) appears when a control is being manipulated, but it doesn't appear in 1.2. It seems that 1.2 has a lot more tolerance for slightly inaccurate finger placement when manipulating screen controls, though occasionally the controls don't work in 1.2 but it's quite rare compared to the beta.

It seems in 1.3b2 that if part of my finger is outside the touch area, the control does not respond.

Have you shrunk the hit area for controls in the new beta? That would explain the change in touch response from 1.2 to 1.3b2.

• @kv331audio_bulent
    I Just tried exporting a preset from preset browser cog wheel menu to Google Drive through Files. SM1 crashed. I tried again and it did not crash but the file is not getting uploaded to GD

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent
    I Just tried exporting a preset from preset browser cog wheel menu to Google Drive through Files. SM1 crashed. I tried again and it did not crash but the file is not getting uploaded to GD

Working for me going to iCloud and Dropbox. Would be nice to be able to export a single file or a selection of files. That would avoid having a bunch of duplicates.

• @kv331audio_bulent
    How will I buy the full 1250 presets packages before the sale ends if I’m using the beta?

• @RJB said:
    @kv331audio_bulent
    How will I buy the full 1250 presets packages before the sale ends if I’m using the beta?

Good question

This discussion has been closed.