Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

Comments

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    I tested with 4 files, batch converting to mp3/320. Worked fast and flawless.

Worked fine for me on iOS 12.4.1 using the MP3 320BPS macro -- though I am running a new beta.

For those getting a crash, can you provide a recipe -- perhaps there is an important detail different from what I tried. (Or it is fixed in the beta).

The crash for me isn't in batch mode, which I haven't tried.

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Change the file type to mp3
    • Hit "Save audio to On My iPad" or "Export..."
    • Crash to desktop

Btw, Andy is actively working on this. So, folks should make sure to email him (via the Living Memory website) with their bugs. I think he is deeply in development and so not spending time here on the forum.

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

Worked fine for me on iOS 12.4.1 using the MP3 320BPS macro -- though I am running a new beta.

For those getting a crash, can you provide a recipe -- perhaps there is an important detail different from what I tried. (Or it is fixed in the beta).

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

Btw, Andy is actively working on this. So, folks should make sure to email him (via the Living Memory website) with their bugs. I think he is deeply in development and so not spending time here on the forum.

I re-installed the App Store version and was able to reproduce the mp3 export issue. I've sent in a bug report.

• @wim that is my recipe as well, though I'm iPad Pro 11" and latest iOS

I've generated a few crash dumps and alerted dev support.

• Enjoying this app so far. I know I can fade a loop in and out but is there a setting for how many milliseconds or time? The fade is ok for long samples but not good for short samples.
    Cheers guys

• Sorry guys just me plain dumb, select a region to fade up or down first, makes total sense.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

I re-installed the App Store version and was able to reproduce the mp3 export issue. I've sent in a bug report.

Can’t replicate this. iOS 12.4.2 Air 1

• edited November 2019

Will Andy be adding any effects inside this app, simple delay or reverb would be great? Found this so far to be a great editor for chopping up samples for Playbeat.

• the batch file feature is not just for mp3 right, it's for anything you might want to do?

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

I re-installed the App Store version and was able to reproduce the mp3 export issue. I've sent in a bug report.> @kobamoto said:

the batch file feature is not just for mp3 right, it's for anything you might want to do?

Right. Converts to lots of formats and can perform a variety of manipulations. I recommend downloading the manual.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

I re-installed the App Store version and was able to reproduce the mp3 export issue. I've sent in a bug report.> @kobamoto said:

the batch file feature is not just for mp3 right, it's for anything you might want to do?

Right. Converts to lots of formats and can perform a variety of manipulations. I recommend downloading the manual.

The manual is in the Auditor folder under On My iPad in Files. You don’t have to download it.

• @anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

The manual is in the Auditor folder under On My iPad in Files. You don’t have to download it.

I assumed from his question that he didn’t have the app. My bad.

• @Metalman said:
    Will Andy be adding any effects inside this app, simple delay or reverb would be great? Found this so far to be a great editor for chopping up samples for Playbeat.

Is this faster than Audioshare? If so, how?

• @espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Crash to desktop

I assumed from his question that he didn’t have the app. My bad.

Maybe he doesn’t. Lots of quotes. Maybe my bad? 😆

• I am having trouble importing audio
    The audio files are greyed out and I cannot select them
    running IOS 11.3.1 iPad Pro 2nd generation 12.9
    The app is highlighting folders but not audio files .........?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Can it do live audio in via AU ?

What do you mean?

Is it an AU?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jumpercollins said:

What do you mean?

Is it an AU?

Wasn't aware of that cheers.

• Loving the app, thanks Dev :)
    Could it be possible to make the editor full screen? That would be amazing for those of us with less than perfect vision.
    Cheers 🤙🏼

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jumpercollins said:

What do you mean?

Is it an AU?

A file player AU is included. I recommend reading the short manual that is available.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    I am having trouble importing audio
    The audio files are greyed out and I cannot select them
    running IOS 11.3.1 iPad Pro 2nd generation 12.9
    The app is highlighting folders but not audio files .........?

Is this true of all audio files in all directories. What format are the files?

I haven't run into such a problem. I recommend that you contact the d v through his web site to report the issue.

• edited November 2019

I've almost picked this up a couple times. Not sure I really need it but it looks like a good specific tool. I like the look of the interface.

My only apprehension is that many of the things users are saying it's missing, and function that the dev says is coming... make me wonder if adding these things won't be included. The original app description said these things would be possible added as IAPs didn't it? I'm not wild about getting an app that'll be updated only via IAPs in the near future.

Like this one: Loop tools for creating crossfade loops and (planned for a near future release) tools for slicing and stretching.

Will those be IAPs? Or included if the app is purchased now?

• @skiphunt said:
    I've almost picked this up a couple times. Not sure I really need it but it looks like a good specific tool. I like the look of the interface.

My only apprehension is that many of the things users are saying it's missing, and function that the dev says is coming... make me wonder if adding these things won't be included. The original app description said these things would be possible added as IAPs didn't it? I'm not wild about getting an app that'll be updated only via IAPs in the near future.

Like this one: Loop tools for creating crossfade loops and (planned for a near future release) tools for slicing and stretching.

Great questions.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@skiphunt said:

Great questions.

Yes, same reason I'm holding back. I don't like IAPs and it puts me off buying any app if things get bolted on as extra purchases.

• Took the plunge it’s great the way you can trigger samples using note input.

You can drive the AU sample player using Atom PianoRoll inside AUM and come up with some fun results.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Took the plunge it’s great the way you can trigger samples using note input.

You can drive the AU sample player using Atom PianoRoll inside AUM and come up with some fun results.

Pics or it didn't happen!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@skiphunt said:

Great questions.

You should contact the dev. I don't think any of us know the answers as to what features will be added free. The impression i have is that some of the beat slicing stuff will be free. The price of the app will be going up. From what he has posted, the dev is cognizant that these are early days and hence the discount.

• I'm happy to buy in early to help finance future updates.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

• edited November 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

IT'S ALIVE!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

IT'S ALIVE!

If you try it with a short vocal clip and put a few notes in Atom you can get some interesting results !

• Made a quick video showing my use of Auditor File Player in AUM it’s pretty efficient.