Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

Comments

• Batch editing, nice interface, loop tools, promise of more features, made by Layr peeps, $7

I got it. I like it.

If I have to do anything crazy I’ve got twisted wave, though it’s wasted space shity icons and ‘workflow’ drive me batty.
    ————————
    If you don’t have Layr you should, IMHOP, go get it

Living Memory also have a nice feature rich Wavefolder.

• edited November 2019

I’m not wild about the Hokusai or Twisted Wave interfaces. I don’t think I’m in agreement with those who’ve already dismissed Auditor out of the gate.

This one looks more down and dirty tool with an intuitive no-nonsense interface to me.

For those who have Auditor (either purchased or beta tester) and also have Multitrack DAW, could you compare/contrast please?

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Abandonware is overly harsh and IMO should be reserved for apps that no longer function as they should and aren’t being fixed.

Lumping AudioShare in with “abandoned” apps just because it hasn’t continually added new features some people want is wrong. It still does every single thing I purchased it for ... perfectly. Sure, there are a few things I’d like to see added, but I totally respect when a developer decides something is “finished”. Most feature additions probably generate little to no revenue, and almost certainly not a decent return on the time invested.

Pointing out features we’d like to see added is totally productive, and I would think, also useful to developers. But I find that term insulting unless it’s really deserved.

• Ok. I take back “abandonware.” The last thing I want to do is insult one of the best devs on iOS. I use AUM and AudioShare daily. I guess that’s why I get frustrated — familiarity, and love.

How about “maintenance-ware”? ;)

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

How about “vintage-ware”? ;)
    Or maybe “retro-ware”.

• I think I’ve just bumped into my first repeatable crash with Auditor...

If anyone here cares to try and confirm it would help :)

Use Auditor in portrait mode and zoom in (swipe down) to the max and the app will crash, works perfectly in landscape mode though...

• @Samu said:
    I think I’ve just bumped into my first repeatable crash with Auditor...

If anyone here cares to try and confirm it would help :)

Use Auditor in portrait mode and zoom in (swipe down) to the max and the app will crash, works perfectly in landscape mode though...

Works fine here. IPadOS 13.2.2 iPad 6th generation.

• @skiphunt said:
    I’m not wild about the Hokusai or Twisted Wave interfaces. I don’t think I’m in agreement with those who’ve already dismissed Auditor out of the gate.

This one looks more down and dirty tool with an intuitive no-nonsense interface to me.

For those who have Auditor (either purchased or beta tester) and also have Multitrack DAW, could you compare/contrast please?

This is not like a multi-track DAW at all.

• Batch processing is nice. I don’t have anything that does that. $7 for that alone seems fair. I don’t see anything else I can’t do exponentially better in Bm3.

• edited November 2019

@skiphunt said:

MTDaw is a multi-track recorder/mixer. Auditor is primarily an audio file editor and is optimized for audio file edits and batch processing. I don’t think of the, as being similar enough for a comparison to be meaningful.

I think the App Store description describes it well. There is a short manual that is worth looking at if you are trying to decide if it’s feat would be useful to you.

• Does this host au? Because the much liauded twisted wave is/was / said it does / did but does not, and I’ve complained numerous times to the dev with no solution. And /or response .... kinda disenheartening when so many softwares .... it’s not just TW THATbroke my heart ... when so many apps don’t do what they’re advertised to do , and there seems to be very little follow-thru at least with a couple devs ....... it’s kinda like “let’s get more ppl to buy this thing by saying it does x or y with little or no plans to deliver on said features. I kinda feel like they should get kicked out of the App Store ....

• @qrtzn said:
    Does this host au? Because the much liauded twisted wave is/was / said it does / did but does not, and I’ve complained numerous times to the dev with no solution. And /or response .... kinda disenheartening when so many softwares .... it’s not just TW THATbroke my heart ... when so many apps don’t do what they’re advertised to do , and there seems to be very little follow-thru at least with a couple devs ....... it’s kinda like “let’s get more ppl to buy this thing by saying it does x or y with little or no plans to deliver on said features. I kinda feel like they should get kicked out of the App Store ....

Twisted Wave does support AU effects but not AU midi effects, Auditor does not support either.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@qrtzn said:
    Does this host au? Because the much liauded twisted wave is/was / said it does / did but does not, and I’ve complained numerous times to the dev with no solution. And /or response .... kinda disenheartening when so many softwares .... it’s not just TW THATbroke my heart ... when so many apps don’t do what they’re advertised to do , and there seems to be very little follow-thru at least with a couple devs ....... it’s kinda like “let’s get more ppl to buy this thing by saying it does x or y with little or no plans to deliver on said features. I kinda feel like they should get kicked out of the App Store ....

Sure TwistedWave does. What apps do you have that don’t work. If I have them I’ll test.

• @espiegel123 @BT1 ok, then I must be completely confused then. It looks as if you can trim, crossfade, combine, and move clips around to composite on a timeline... kinda like I used to do in MTD. Seems awfully similar to me, but I’ll have another look at the app description and a peak at the manual. Thx

• @skiphunt said:
    @espiegel123 @BT1 ok, then I must be completely confused then. It looks as if you can trim, crossfade, combine, and move clips around to composite on a timeline... kinda like I used to do in MTD. Seems awfully similar to me, but I’ll have another look at the app description and a peak at the manual. Thx

You get multiple Layers instead of multiple Tracks.
    The Layers act very similar to Tracks.
    You can save the Project with Layers intact.
    But you can only export a mono or stereo file, no stems.

• @CracklePot said:

@skiphunt said:
    @espiegel123 @BT1 ok, then I must be completely confused then. It looks as if you can trim, crossfade, combine, and move clips around to composite on a timeline... kinda like I used to do in MTD. Seems awfully similar to me, but I’ll have another look at the app description and a peak at the manual. Thx

Thx! Sounds like something I might get use from. Is there any limit on total project/clip length?

• @skiphunt said:

@CracklePot said:

@skiphunt said:

Thx! Sounds like something I might get use from. Is there any limit on total project/clip length?

I haven’t come across anything stating a Max Project length.
    I imported a 30 minute .m4a file, and was successful, but I got a low on memory warning.
    Seems to be limited by available resources only.
    I use an Air2, BTW, in case you want to make an estimation about your own available memory.

• It’s been extremely useful for me so far. I’ve been chopping up some sample libraries with it and it’s making it a breeze. I set a loop for each section I want to sample and highlight it, bounce it and then move on to the next section, save it, then go to the saved file which has all the bounced tracks separately and then I can batch process everything to convert and do a small fade in and out all at once with the macros. It’s been well worth the $7 so far. I haven’t had much use for the au file player tbh but this has made my sampling factory run much more smoothly. One gripe I’ve had is the naming process but I guess I usually give things custom names after I’m done anyway

• edited November 2019

@wim said:
    Or maybe “retro-ware”.

AudioShare is "Perfectware" ... it's app which reached it's final stage, not needed update anymore.

It is perfect for what it was mentioned. It's not audio editor. It's not complex audio recorder. It's Audio librarian (with additional simple audio editing and recording features just as bonus).

Of course there will be always people asking for more. It's their choice.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I’m pretty sure sound forge has come and gone from iOS.

lol

• Does the AU File Player load as a AU Instrument or AU Effect?

• Definitely the nicest audio editor so far in iOS, IMO..... but.... It definitely could use some more basic features like: FX, Slicing, etc. A very good start though. The Files and AudioShare integration is very much appreciated.

• edited November 2019

@dendy said:

@wim said:
    Or maybe “retro-ware”.

AudioShare is "Perfectware" ... it's app which reached it's final stage, not needed update anymore.

It is perfect for what it was mentioned. It's not audio editor. It's not complex audio recorder. It's Audio librarian (with additional simple audio editing and recording features just as bonus).

I agree with Dendy, AudioShare may well be the app I use the most often!
    On the topic : Auditor looks to be an interesting editor.

• @zvon said:

@dendy said:

@wim said:
    Or maybe “retro-ware”.

I agree with Dendy, AudioShare may well be the app I use the most often!
    On the topic : Auditor looks to be an interesting editor.

If they continue to develop it in the way they imply it will become very powerful. They have mentioned slicing, time-stretch, additional processing functions and additional AU's. I think there's a lot of potential. It's not a big investment even for what it does now IMHO. The batch process function is very cool.

• Batch conversion to mp3 and upload to DropBox is what I'm looking for! However, export to mp3 is currently crashing? Is it working for anyone else?

• I tested with 4 files, batch converting to mp3/320. Worked fast and flawless.

• @mojozart said:
    Batch conversion to mp3 and upload to DropBox is what I'm looking for! However, export to mp3 is currently crashing? Is it working for anyone else?

Confirmed. Insta-Crash. iOS 12.3.1 / iPad Air2.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    I tested with 4 files, batch converting to mp3/320. Worked fast and flawless.

Worked fine for me on iOS 12.4.1 using the MP3 320BPS macro -- though I am running a new beta.

For those getting a crash, can you provide a recipe -- perhaps there is an important detail different from what I tried. (Or it is fixed in the beta).

• @espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    I tested with 4 files, batch converting to mp3/320. Worked fast and flawless.

Worked fine for me on iOS 12.4.1 using the MP3 320BPS macro -- though I am running a new beta.

For those getting a crash, can you provide a recipe -- perhaps there is an important detail different from what I tried. (Or it is fixed in the beta).

The crash for me isn't in batch mode, which I haven't tried.

• Open a wav file
    • Touch the Save Button
    • Change the file type to mp3
    • Hit "Save audio to On My iPad" or "Export..."
    • Crash to desktop