Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

2456715

Comments

  • @MonzoPro said:
    I usually export my audio to the desktop and finish off in Soundforge. This app looks like it has a nice UI and could do the trimming/fade/merge job, but doesn't seem to do a great deal else. Need to see a demo I guess.

    It also has batch processing. Current operations including format conversion, normalizing, DC Offset remove, fades. I imagine that the possible actions will increase in the future. Batch format conversion on its own will be very handy.

  • If you tap the Play Head, Sel. Start, Sel. End, etc. buttons, you can enter a position to jump to. This is a way to snap to less than a beat. Though, I’d like to see the ruler have finer divisions and snap to less than just beats.

    One thing I’m not clear on here is whether it snaps to zero crossings or not when not in bpm mode. That’s kinda important.

    I really like the loop tool now that I understand it.

  • wimwim
    edited November 2019

    @audio_DT said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:
    It will calculate bpm if you make a selection of a known number of bars first. Some may wish it was more automatic than that, but I prefer it this way. I’ve never found bpm detection algorithms to be very reliable myself.

    Yes, this is how I like it too.

    That time stretching approach works in the standalone app but u can’t get it working in AU. This renders it more or less useless for my purposes. I can’t fathom the ‘gap’ this app fulfils at the moment, which is a great shame because the UI is really slick.

    For me it’s just an improvement in something to make loops. AudioShare is adequate for many things, but I often wish for a little more control. Twisted Wave would be all I need if it had bpm awareness, but seems like it never will. BM3, Cubasis, and Auria Pro... great, but more trouble than I’d like just to trim a loop.

    I never thought of it as a file player. Got MultiTrack Recorder for that now.

  • Definitely one to keep an eye on, not sure if it's essential right now for me from the current toolset. I hope the bundled AUs improve their features etc.

  • @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:
    It will calculate bpm if you make a selection of a known number of bars first. Some may wish it was more automatic than that, but I prefer it this way. I’ve never found bpm detection algorithms to be very reliable myself.

    Yes, this is how I like it too.

    That time stretching approach works in the standalone app but u can’t get it working in AU. This renders it more or less useless for my purposes. I can’t fathom the ‘gap’ this app fulfils at the moment, which is a great shame because the UI is really slick.

    For me it’s just an improvement in something to make loops. AudioShare is adequate for many things, but I often wish for a little more control. Twisted Wave would be all I need if it had bpm awareness, but seems like it never will. BM3, Cubasis, and Auria Pro... great, but more trouble than I’d like just to trim a loop.

    I never thought of it as a file player. Got MultiTrack Recorder for that now.

    Yeah, I made a mistake on this one, I think. I was enticed by the lovely interface but it doesn't really do much, unfortunately.

  • Kudos to the dev for quick reply as He's already on it!
    I'll do my very best in hunting quirks that bug me personally and I am quite picky ;)

  • edited November 2019

    I do all my audio editing in Audioshare. I'd love to have more precise control over destructive sample editing, especially with editing loops on a timeline. But one of the things that keeps me from using things like TwistedWave is how deeply AudioShare is integrated into the ios ecosystem. Think I'll sit stay on the fence for a while.

  • The batch processing alone kind of makes this worth the $7 for me. I want to like TwistedWave but it has some quirks

  • @ecamburn said:
    I do all my audio editing in Audioshare. I'd love to have more precise control over destructive sample editing, especially with editing loops on a timeline. But one of the things that keeps me from using things like TwistedWave is how deeply AudioShare is integrated into the ios ecosystem. Think I'll sit stay on the fence for a while.

    I think this is me too.

  • I don't own TwistedWave.. so I'm gonna give GoldWave a test.. the public TestFlight is still going (just got it, thanks for the link @Samu ).. then who knows? Probably still pick up Auditor because I could really use an editor like this on iOS.. Where does the line start on this fence?

    @Samu said:
    For GoldWave there's a public TestFlight link for GoldWave on their FB page.
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/U79sV1RQ
    (Don't know how many thy accept or if it's still possible to apply, it hurts my eyes though).

  • @tja said:
    Thanks, @Samu

    A "Thanks" button for postings would be great!

    +1 I'm always wanting to thank people like @wim, @Samu, @dendy, and others. T'would be nice if it was easier.

  • @ecamburn said:
    I do all my audio editing in Audioshare. I'd love to have more precise control over destructive sample editing, especially with editing loops on a timeline. But one of the things that keeps me from using things like TwistedWave is how deeply AudioShare is integrated into the ios ecosystem. Think I'll sit stay on the fence for a while.

    AudioShare is the hub of my audio file storage but that doesn’t prevent Auditor or Twisted Wave from being my preferred editor...especially with Auditor. In Auditor, you can set Audioshare’s directory as its file storage home.

  • @Samu said:
    Kudos to the dev for quick reply as He's already on it!
    I'll do my very best in hunting quirks that bug me personally and I am quite picky ;)

    What did he have to say. I am making some notes but if you’ve made the same requests, I’ll spare him the email.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    What did he have to say. I am making some notes but if you’ve made the same requests, I’ll spare him the email.

    I got a confirmation that it's a bug with the pre-roll function when using loop which he'll apparently fix on Monday.
    Some other loop editing features will also be added making it easier to create loops for instrument samples.

    If all goes well I'll get the TestFlight build to check it once fixed...

  • @audio_DT said:

    @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:
    It will calculate bpm if you make a selection of a known number of bars first. Some may wish it was more automatic than that, but I prefer it this way. I’ve never found bpm detection algorithms to be very reliable myself.

    Yes, this is how I like it too.

    That time stretching approach works in the standalone app but u can’t get it working in AU. This renders it more or less useless for my purposes. I can’t fathom the ‘gap’ this app fulfils at the moment, which is a great shame because the UI is really slick.

    For me it’s just an improvement in something to make loops. AudioShare is adequate for many things, but I often wish for a little more control. Twisted Wave would be all I need if it had bpm awareness, but seems like it never will. BM3, Cubasis, and Auria Pro... great, but more trouble than I’d like just to trim a loop.

    I never thought of it as a file player. Got MultiTrack Recorder for that now.

    Yeah, I made a mistake on this one, I think. I was enticed by the lovely interface but it doesn't really do much, unfortunately.

    I’m totally happy with the purchase.

  • @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:
    It will calculate bpm if you make a selection of a known number of bars first. Some may wish it was more automatic than that, but I prefer it this way. I’ve never found bpm detection algorithms to be very reliable myself.

    Yes, this is how I like it too.

    That time stretching approach works in the standalone app but u can’t get it working in AU. This renders it more or less useless for my purposes. I can’t fathom the ‘gap’ this app fulfils at the moment, which is a great shame because the UI is really slick.

    For me it’s just an improvement in something to make loops. AudioShare is adequate for many things, but I often wish for a little more control. Twisted Wave would be all I need if it had bpm awareness, but seems like it never will. BM3, Cubasis, and Auria Pro... great, but more trouble than I’d like just to trim a loop.

    I never thought of it as a file player. Got MultiTrack Recorder for that now.

    Yeah, I made a mistake on this one, I think. I was enticed by the lovely interface but it doesn't really do much, unfortunately.

    I’m totally happy with the purchase.

    Fair play. It’s good at what it does, no doubt - it just doesn’t really fulfil the functions I thought it would do. Note to self: read the label.

  • I'll think I'll take a bet on this pony. Truth is I own pretty much all of the ponies in the race to date, so in end (surely) I will swan about in the winner's enclosure looking sanguine etc.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'll think I'll take a bet on this pony. Truth is I own pretty much all of the ponies in the race to date, so in end (surely) I will swan about in the winner's enclosure looking sanguine etc.

    The One with all the ponies usually wins the race

  • The batch processing alone is worth it, can any other iOS editor do that?

  • @ruggedsmooth said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'll think I'll take a bet on this pony. Truth is I own pretty much all of the ponies in the race to date, so in end (surely) I will swan about in the winner's enclosure looking sanguine etc.

    The One with all the ponies usually wins the race

    Not with my family's bloodlines....

    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqln

    :)

  • @JohnnyGoodyear You sir, are an endless source of hilarity.. thanks for all the chuckles.. 😄

  • I got it. Good user experience. If they come through with slicing and stretching it’ll be quite useful.

  • @LivingMemorySoftware
    A few things to add
    1. Pitch, it would be nice to be able to select a section of audio and adjust pitch up or down.
    2. Ability to record into the app in AUM. Maybe make it to where this app can sit in the fox slot
    3. Ability to select a section of audio and process it with an au fx plugin and paste the effected audio into the same selected zone.

  • yeah this Dev is one to watch, he's a strong advocate of sample editing and I can't wait until the new territory they take this editor in.

  • wimwim
    edited November 2019

    @eross said:
    @LivingMemorySoftware
    A few things to add
    1. Pitch, it would be nice to be able to select a section of audio and adjust pitch up or down.
    2. Ability to record into the app in AUM. Maybe make it to where this app can sit in the fox slot
    3. Ability to select a section of audio and process it with an au fx plugin and paste the effected audio into the same selected zone.

    Sounds like you just need Twisted Wave.
    [edit] oops, no AUM, only Audiobus recording.

  • applying FX to selections of audio is probably sure to come cause that's a basic one

  • @kobamoto said:
    yeah this Dev is one to watch, he's a strong advocate of sample editing and I can't wait until the new territory they take this editor in.

    i sure hope so.

  • edited November 2019

    @Jumpercollins said:
    I’m not sure what this gives me over say Auria Pro or Cubasis2. I like it has drag and drop though but not sure I would get much use out of it.

    Asking myself same question, to me looks like NS2 build in audio editor is far away superior to this app - more features, better ux, especially for precise cuts or for setting loop.. I was expecting editor packed with tons of editing features but i'm disappointed.. Am i blind or this really doesn't allow much more than just basic copy/paste/fade ?

  • edited November 2019

    What we all could benefit from now is that Auditor puts a bit of pressure on TiwstedWave and who knows maybe we'll get Audacity for iOS/iPadOS some day :)

    WavePad from NCH software is 'feature packed' already but contains loads of IAPs, free to try though...
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wavepad-music-and-audio-editor/id395339564

    But please be aware of the subscriptions for some of the features...

  • @Samu said:
    What we all could benefit from now is that Auditor puts a bit of pressure on TiwstedWave and who knows maybe we'll get Audacity for iOS/iPadOS some day :)

    WavePad from NCH software is 'feature packed' already but contains loads of IAPs, free to try though...
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wavepad-music-and-audio-editor/id395339564

    But please be aware of the subscriptions for some of the features...

    Why Audacity?
    Let's talk to the Brazilian developers of Ocenaudio.

Sign In or Register to comment.