Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

Comments

• How do you arm a track in ns2? I would like to record incomming midi signal (comming from AU Poly2) in a track. It plays ok but I don’t know how to record it...

• @cuscolima said:
    How do you arm a track in ns2? I would like to record incomming midi signal (comming from AU Poly2) in a track. It plays ok but I don’t know how to record it...

Poly2 is instrument or FX ?

• midi output of instrument is not possible to record to sequencer at the moment.. only way is to host it somewehre else (audiobus, aum) and then send midi to Nanostudio MIDI inout port
    • midi output of AUfx also not possible to record directly, but there is very simple workaround using Midi Tools Route AU olugin, watch video bellow which illustrates recording of Rozetta Arp into sequencer track

• @dendy said:

@cuscolima said:
    How do you arm a track in ns2? I would like to record incomming midi signal (comming from AU Poly2) in a track. It plays ok but I don’t know how to record it...

Poly2 is instrument or FX ?

• midi output of instrument is not possible to record to sequencer at the moment.. only way is to host it somewehre else (audiobus, aum) and then send midi to Nanostudio MIDI inout port
    • midi output of AUfx also not possible to record directly, but there is very simple workaround using Midi Tools Route AU olugin, watch video bellow which illustrates recording of Rozetta Arp into sequencer track

Thanks it works when hosted in AUM. Hope it will work inside ns2 in the futur...

• edited October 2019

My only real gripe with nano studio, and has been since I bought it on release day... the jumping around you have to do to get the keyboard on screen... when I drop an AUFX in , you can’t play the synth and make adjustments to the effect at the same time unless of course you have already record your part...I don’t work that way , I like to design the sound .. fx included before I record anything. Really hope to see a solution for this besides an external keyboard lol

Great project in almost every other way, and obsidian is a beast , def would love it as a separate au to load into AUM !

• edited October 2019

@reasOne
    def would love it as a separate au to load into AUM !

at least you can load whole NS as IAA generstor inside AUM ;-) And using MIDI CCs also control macro knobs..

• @drez said:

@tja said:
    @dendy Add some "support- subscriptions" to NS2!

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Euro per month for example.

I normally avoid subscriptions, but for some few Apps, I would do this.
    This could amount some additional income.

Agreed. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Matt should have a Patreon, I’m sure he could make some additional money that way.

• @richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Matt should have a Patreon, I’m sure he could make some additional money that way.

Agree 100%!

Nanostudio 2 is something very special and precious!

• Another user here who is happy that iPhone version got released.

• NS2 has one of the better phone UI’s of any music app. I mostly use my iPad but those times when I only have my phone available will be better utilized now.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@dendy said:

Except that Midi Tools Route AU doesn't run on iPhone. So, hosting the AU externally and recording the midi output is the only option applicable for iPhone.

• edited October 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

Thanks guys for kind words. We are trying to convince Matt for something like that for ages, but he is refusing .. i will share with him these posts !

• @wim said:
    Except that Midi Tools Route AU doesn't run on iPhone. So, hosting the AU externally and recording the midi output is the only option applicable for iPhone.

Ooo really ?? What a pity .. isn't there any other tool capable to do same thing ?

This is good reason to push AUfx MIDI output recording higher in tasks queue ...

• @dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

Thanks guys for kind words. We are trying to convince Matt for something like that for ages, but he is refusing .. i will share with him these posts !

I won't be a taker of a subscription option. I'd be happy to make periodic contributions (at timing of my choosing) to a tip-jar or via Paypal or something. But absolute no to subscription.

• @dendy said:

@wim said:

Ooo really ?? What a pity .. isn't there any other tool capable to do same thing ?

This is good reason to push AUfx MIDI output recording higher in tasks queue ...

No, I don't think there is any other option.

• @dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

Isn’t audio tracks going to be an IAP? Take my money! I don’t care (within reason 😆) what it costs! That’ll help won’t it? 💀

• edited October 2019

Is there any reason there can’t be more IAP sample pack content? That’d surely be a great way to let people contribute more. They get something of value and furthermore people that don’t want to buy the sample packs won’t feel like they’re missing out.

I do seem to remember reading something about some kind of exclusivity deal?

I can’t remember details but hopefully there’s nothing to stop Blip from releasing much more content much more frequently to keep the cash register ticking over

• @wim said:

@dendy said:

@wim said:

I have been flummoxed several times this week by the fact that the MIDI Tools from @blueveek are not universal. I hope he considers making them universal at some point (I'd take scaled down versions as I can set them up on iPad and then open in AUM, AB3, NS2, etc on iPhone without tinkering with the UI). I'm now wondering if I should go back and look again at the Audeonic plugins as I think they are universal?

• I’ve been working on a test tune on my iPhone on and off this weekend and OMG it’s like I picked up NS1 all over again. The UI is just amazing. And on my iPhone pro with all native NS plugins only, my battery life is insane. It’s barely going down at all.

This reminds me why I loved NS1 so much.

• @drez said:

@DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Anyone know what option I’m missing at the bottom here? :D I can’t get to it.

It’s the edit option. It’s showing on my iPhone 8+
    Which iPhone are you using?

Hmmm. iPhoneX. I’ll report it on the blip forum.

Same on iPhone 11 Pro

Ditto XR

• edited October 2019

Just bought it this morning, what a great app, what a nice workflow, and such great sounds!!!! Super smooth on iPhone 7 Plus, light on ressources too!!! Midi plugins will work better in Audiobus routed to NS2 via virtual port, using Link. Audio tracks of course is the most desired feature after that update. I will already use it certainly a lot for building stems. Great great job, congratulations to the dev!!

• @klownshed said:
    I do seem to remember reading something about some kind of exclusivity deal?

I can’t remember details but hopefully there’s nothing to stop Blip from releasing much more content much more frequently to keep the cash register ticking over

nope, not exclusivity ... it's more like there was still something more important to solve / discuss (mostly coding :)) than trying to get deal with some third party content creators.. but recently we reopened this topic, so let's see what will be outcome...

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@dendy said:

@wim said:

I have been flummoxed several times this week by the fact that the MIDI Tools from @blueveek are not universal. I hope he considers making them universal at some point (I'd take scaled down versions as I can set them up on iPad and then open in AUM, AB3, NS2, etc on iPhone without tinkering with the UI). I'm now wondering if I should go back and look again at the Audeonic plugins as I think they are universal?

The Audeonic apps are definitely worth having (I have mfxConvert, mfxStrip, and Streambyter). But, there's nothing there that would help with this situation.

• @wim said:

@dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

I won't be a taker of a subscription option. I'd be happy to make periodic contributions (at timing of my choosing) to a tip-jar or via Paypal or something. But absolute no to subscription.

If Matt set up a Patreon that's not a compulsory subscription, it would be 100% voluntary if users wanted to contribute. Lots of Youtubers do this as a way of generating more income from fans who appreciate what they are doing (for example).

• @richardyot said:

@wim said:

@dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

If Matt set up a Patreon that's not a compulsory subscription, it would be 100% voluntary if users wanted to contribute. Lots of Youtubers do this as a way of generating more income from fans who appreciate what they are doing (for example).

@richardyot said:

@wim said:

@dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

Exactly. And this would be a good case in point...

• @richardyot said:

@wim said:

@dendy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@richardyot said:

@drez said:

@tja said:

Agree 100%!

I would consider Patreon. Though I would prefer to have the alternative option to contribute at arbitrary times and amounts rather than have another regular expense to think about, small though it might be.

• @wim said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@dendy said:

@wim said:

The Audeonic apps are definitely worth having (I have mfxConvert, mfxStrip, and Streambyter). But, there's nothing there that would help with this situation.

Yep bought them all to support Nic but they miss the sweet spot between the MIDI tools and SB in some use cases. For instance I often need a dead simple midi clone and filter--that is AU and universal.

• @wim ok just tried it, there is way how to record MIDI AUfx into sequencer on iPhone without MIDI Tools. It's a bit more complicates than with Midi Tools but it works. Basically you need just some app which routes MIDI from it's input straight to it's ourptput.. Midiflow, AUM - any app with both virtual midi In/Out v
    can do the job.

I described it here:
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/989/how-to-record-aufx-midi-out-on-iphone/

• That's very clever @dendy. Good to know.

I think hosting AU midi FX externally and recording the midi is more straightforward (easier to explain at least), but it's nice to have alternatives.

• edited October 2019

with midi instrument, to host it externally is really only way.. host midi fx externally is easier in case that midi fx really doesn't process any notes coming from sequencer, but works just like generator..

but to host midi fx externally is not that handy in case that AUfx is supposed to process somehow notes from sequencer (like this arp my use case)

Reason is - even if you would host that AUfx let's say in AUM you still need send notes from NS into AUM and then processed back to NS from AUM ...

In my workaround, you don't need to switch between NS and other hosting app to access AUfx UI - you can stay all the time inside NS, you need third party app just running silently on backround, so it routes all shit you are sending to this app from NS back to NS :)

• Perfect...instabuy for me.....now I can delete a whole load of semi iPhone daws and start building some tracks....watch out Gadget there’s a new kid in town