Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Is there an easy way to share projects between iPhone and iPad?

Archive then share works perfectly!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

AirDrop.

• @jipumarino said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Ah thx. Didn't think to archive first.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@jipumarino said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Ah thx. Didn't think to archive first.

My iPad doesn’t do Airdrop but I don’t have any issues with iCloud Drive.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wasn't this supposed to be released in June. Or at least by summer. Still miffed that this got precedence over audio tracks. And I see none of the 2-3 major problems that everyone mentions have been addressed.

I'll leave now and take my buzzkill with me, but I felt the need to register my disappointment with the maintenance of this app. Mostly because it's so close. Anyway bye

Way back when, it was announced that an iPhone version was to be finished before audio tracks. Here it is for iPhone, so that should be encouraging news. The dev has been working on it, despite the app not being much of a money-maker for him. Audio tracks could be next!

The original announcement of upcoming release dates for new features was obvious wishful thinking from the beginning. Too many factors that can't be predicted, but knowing the history of the app and the nature of the business... Why were those dates given? I thought it was a mistake at the time, but I suppose it helped sell the product to wishful thinkers. I can see supporting a dev by buying an app that doesn't do what you need. I don't see how one expects that's a guarantee of anything.

So just move to the beat. Get into the time flow of how NS is developing, and spare yourself all the angst. I just downloaded a very cool iPhone app at no additional charge. Life is great, at least in this tiny universe of iOS music-making.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Airdrop is what the clever kids were saying....

• edited October 2019

I'm fine with the iPhone being prioritized over audio tracks.
    When I need audio, I prefer sampling audio clips to pads anyway which I find much more flexible for composing than linear audio tracks. But that's my own weird workflow :D

@eyesunderground and @wim: Thanks for the confirmation about Apple's re-purchasing bug. I've already re-installed the old iTunes version and downloaded the .ipa.

• Bought all the IAPs
    Hopefully some more coming soon

• @lovadamusic said:
    So just move to the beat. Get into the time flow of how NS is developing, and spare yourself all the angst. I just downloaded a very cool iPhone app at no additional charge. Life is great, at least in this tiny universe of iOS music-making.

1) Thankful for the update and will be even more thankful when I have a phone to put it on..
    2) Already own all the IAPs - BUT - I'm prepared to purchase more when they appear.. :)

• Weirdly it’s the only hit if you spell NanoStudiio with two ‘ii’s.

• I’m looking forward to seeing just how much better ns2 performs on my new (‘Too thin!) iPhone than on my creaky old iPad.

First impressions are very good. Even with my creaky old close up eyesight NS2 looks very usable on the phone. I think I’ll use it much more than I have done of late on the iPad

It was a nice surprise to see NS2 go universal. It makes me very glad I’ve been mainly limiting my audio app purchases to universal auv3s so most of my iPad projects will work fine on the phone. Only much better hopefully as my phone is so much more powerful.

Happy days.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    If you all want some extra sounds made especially for nanostudio 2 be sure to check out http://ipadbeatmaking.com there’s free stuff on there too. Just demo'd them on iPhone and the kits don’t miss a beat.

I bought your first excellent 898 sound set for NS 2: I didn’t realize there were some new ones for both NS2 and EG pulse . I’ll buy them as well. Thanks

• edited October 2019

@klownshed said:
    Weirdly it’s the only hit if you spell NanoStudiio with two ‘ii’s.

Haha, that’s a great tip!

I tend to just use google and tap on the app store link. It’s guaranteed to work better than that app store search 99% of the time.

• I could only find it on iPhone using blip.

• Yoga Downdoggio 2 wait what where am I.....

• @Telstar5 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    If you all want some extra sounds made especially for nanostudio 2 be sure to check out http://ipadbeatmaking.com there’s free stuff on there too. Just demo'd them on iPhone and the kits don’t miss a beat.

I bought your first excellent 898 sound set for NS 2: I didn’t realize there were some new ones for both NS2 and EG pulse . I’ll buy them as well. Thanks

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Trap/808 kit. Thank you 🙏 I’m glad you find them excellent! I’ve been so busy working on videos, kits and the website overhaul I haven’t even gotten to post anything about the new EG Pulse stuff I’ve been working on lol, so thanks for noticing, and reminding me.

Also, Thanks for your interest on grabbing more kits, I hope you enjoy them equally as much. And since you purchased the trap kit for NS2 prior, I’ve got a special price for u on the eg pulse format kit not reflected on the website. PM me for more info if you’re interested

• @dendy Add some "support- subscriptions" to NS2!

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Euro per month for example.

I normally avoid subscriptions, but for some few Apps, I would do this.
    This could amount some additional income.

• @tja said:
    @dendy Add some "support- subscriptions" to NS2!

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Euro per month for example.

I normally avoid subscriptions, but for some few Apps, I would do this.
    This could amount some additional income.

Agreed. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

• Anyone know what option I’m missing at the bottom here? :D I can’t get to it.

• @DCJ said:

Anyone know what option I’m missing at the bottom here? :D I can’t get to it.

It’s the edit option. It’s showing on my iPhone 8+
    Which iPhone are you using?

• @LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Hmmm. iPhoneX. I’ll report it on the blip forum.

• @DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Same on iPhone 11 Pro

• edited October 2019

@DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

@drez said:

@DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Same on iPhone 11 Pro

Same size screens I bet.

• edited October 2019

@drez said:

@DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Same on iPhone 11 Pro

Looks like that one slipped the net on some devices.

@DCJ said:

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Yes, that’s the best place 👍🏼

• Just for info on the App Store on my phone it showed the download cloud icon as though I’d had NS on the phone already, deleted it and could download it again! Clicked the icon and the download started - no purchase confirmation needed. Had a job finding it though - perhaps it’s a threat to GB! Oops my old cynical self popping up there!

• @ajmiller said:
    Just for info on the App Store on my phone it showed the download cloud icon as though I’d had NS on the phone already, deleted it and could download it again! Clicked the icon and the download started - no purchase confirmation needed. Had a job finding it though - perhaps it’s a threat to GB! Oops my old cynical self popping up there!

It is AMAZINGINGLY oddly stupidly strange how difficult it is to find, especially if you weren't looking :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ajmiller said:
    Just for info on the App Store on my phone it showed the download cloud icon as though I’d had NS on the phone already, deleted it and could download it again! Clicked the icon and the download started - no purchase confirmation needed. Had a job finding it though - perhaps it’s a threat to GB! Oops my old cynical self popping up there!

It is AMAZINGINGLY oddly stupidly strange how difficult it is to find, especially if you weren't looking :)

It's not that the highly sophisticated, monetary essential, designed-exclusively-by-managers AppStore had always reminded us of an advanced, modern and sophisticated app delivering the power to spark cheerful moments.

• amazed how usable this is on our beat up old SE, probably getting one of those a10 ipod touches just for this and Koala

• edited October 2019

@LeeB said:

@DCJ said:

Yes, this is like Apple’s iOS13 update on the SE. I looked and looked for the Update button and finally noticed that there’s a one pixel line peeking at the bottom of the screen. Tapped that for about half a minute until it finally took.

Hope there aren’t too many we missed.