Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

191011121315»

Comments

• @gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:
    Thanks to the new Cubasis v.3 that doesn’t allow the transfer of in-app purchases from the LE version to the new full version, I permanently abandon Steinberg for Nanostudio.
    I was waiting for a good excuse and I found it... 😈

@Farland
    I think a lot more Steinberg Cubasis users will be jumping ship if their DAW doesn’t get fixed anytime soon shame really you though they would release it in a better state and bad timing just before Christmas as won’t get fixed to New Year.

The only bug bearer with NS2 is no audio tracks. Hopefully 2020.

Been trying out Auria Pro and Audio Evolution myself aswell to see if the workflow is right for me now. Deleted Cubasis 2 maybe will return sometime next year.

Yep Cubasis needs fixing soon. There's no way I'm updating to v3 in its current state.

I picked up NS2 for a crazy price in a recent sale and I can feel myself jumping ship altogether if Cubasis isn't properly fixed.

But what about aufx automation bro? 😉

I can’t think of one track I’ve made where I haven’t automated something in an effect

Damn it you're right!

I need FX automation. Haven't really played much with NS2 yet. Can it automate its built in FX? What about AU synth parameters? What's its MIDI out like for external hardware synths?

Ahhhhhh Steinberg just fix Cubasis! And how about a nice new machine (FM synth?) for free as a sweetener? 😉

• @gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:
    Thanks to the new Cubasis v.3 that doesn’t allow the transfer of in-app purchases from the LE version to the new full version, I permanently abandon Steinberg for Nanostudio.

@Farland
    I think a lot more Steinberg Cubasis users will be jumping ship if their DAW doesn’t get fixed anytime soon shame really you though they would release it in a better state and bad timing just before Christmas as won’t get fixed to New Year.

Been trying out Auria Pro and Audio Evolution myself aswell to see if the workflow is right for me now. Deleted Cubasis 2 maybe will return sometime next year.

Yep Cubasis needs fixing soon. There's no way I'm updating to v3 in its current state.

I picked up NS2 for a crazy price in a recent sale and I can feel myself jumping ship altogether if Cubasis isn't properly fixed.

I can’t think of one track I’ve made where I haven’t automated something in an effect

Yep, AUFX automation is the major lack for me, more than audio, since I use mainly midi. But, the NS2 workflow is so good that it’s not a deal breaker. I’m confident we’ll see both next year.

• @Faland said:

@gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:

@Farland

Yep, AUFX automation is the major lack for me, more than audio, since I use mainly midi. But, the NS2 workflow is so good that it’s not a deal breaker. I’m confident we’ll see both next year.

The in-built fx in NS2 are quite good and easily automated. I’ve replaced many AUfx with NS2 fx. The majority of results you get from AUfx you can get from NS2 fx with the advantage of being able to automate them now.

• edited December 2019

@gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:

@Farland

Same for me. Best NS2 strengths for me is Obsidian amazing sound quality and ressources efficiency. But it needs audio tracks, AUFX automation and proper freezing to perhaps become my DAW of choice on iOS. For now I use it mostly for stems making that I use in other apps. More variety could also be added to internal effects like Replicant/Grind/Perforator etc style effects as they already sound good and are super efficient.

• @anickt said:

@Faland said:

@gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:

@Farland

The in-built fx in NS2 are quite good and easily automated. I’ve replaced many AUfx with NS2 fx. The majority of results you get from AUfx you can get from NS2 fx with the advantage of being able to automate them now.

Yes, they are quite good, but since I have invested so much money in AU effects, I want to use them in my project now, you see.

• @Shabudua said:
    @cem_olcay I got the StepBud update and it works great for me now in NS2. Thanks so much!👍

Awesome! Glad to hear that!

• @Faland said:

@anickt said:

@Faland said:

@gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:

@Farland

Yes, they are quite good, but since I have invested so much money in AU effects, I want to use them in my project now, you see.

That’s the downside of iOS music making. I’ve spent a lot of money on things I don’t use. But I’d rather eat that investment (since I can’t sell it on eBay 😆) and make music with what works for me (NS2 and a select group of AU’s). To each their own!

• Once Cubasis 3 fixes it’s navigation / clip moving issues than I will have three apps I will work in that all have an equal slice of my Apple pie. (NS2, BM3, Cubasis 3)

NS2 though is the only one to potentially take the crown defeating the rest for me but I wager it won’t be for another couple years. It needs (good enough) audio tracks, track freezing and AUfx automation to be ‘the one’.

• edited December 2019

@Telstar5 said:
    Who is @dendy ? Is he with blip? A beta tester? I keep seeing his name and very helpful posts on here. Just wondering

@drez
    Beta tester

Obviously, i cannot deny this :-)))

• @AudioGus said:
    Once Cubasis 3 fixes it’s navigation / clip moving issues than I will have three apps I will work in that all have an equal slice of my Apple pie. (NS2, BM3, Cubasis 3)

NS2 though is the only one to potentially take the crown defeating the rest for me but I wager it won’t be for another couple years. It needs (good enough) audio tracks, track freezing and AUfx automation to be ‘the one’.

It’s fascinating to me to read people’s opinions of all the different apps. For the way my brain works, NS2 workflow beats all the other “DAW’s” on iOS and that’s enough for me to use it exclusively. But I get that others have a different perspective. We’re lucky we have such a variety. The spice of life! Happy Holidays to all! 🎅🏼

• @anickt said:

@AudioGus said:
    Once Cubasis 3 fixes it’s navigation / clip moving issues than I will have three apps I will work in that all have an equal slice of my Apple pie. (NS2, BM3, Cubasis 3)

It’s fascinating to me to read people’s opinions of all the different apps. For the way my brain works, NS2 workflow beats all the other “DAW’s” on iOS and that’s enough for me to use it exclusively. But I get that others have a different perspective. We’re lucky we have such a variety. The spice of life! Happy Holidays to all! 🎅🏼

Part of the thing is that my brain was formed using pretty much one massive beast program for years that let me do a very broad range of things. Now in mobile land to satisfy my brain/habits requires I jump between a bunch of apps. Ultimately I could do with a lot less spice and am pretty sure within a couple years I won’t feel the need for all this variety.