Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

Comments

• edited November 2019

@Bloodline said:
    Not sure if this has been answered already but how do you load in midi files? I’ve worked out how to import them from Dropbox in to Ns2 but how do you actually then load it to play?

• edited November 2019

Some auv3 weirdness in NS2 on iPhone.

K7D doesn’t work properly. As soon as you press play the delay time goes to max and jumps back to max if you try to change it.

EDIT : k7D works fine. StepBud was causing the time parameter to jump to max even though it was set up to just output notes and didn’t have any CC steps, etc set up.

StepBud won’t let you drag the steps so you can’t have more than 8 steps before the + and - buttons become hidden. @cem_olcay

Both work fine in AUM on iPhone.

• @dendy said:

@Bloodline said:
    Not sure if this has been answered already but how do you load in midi files? I’ve worked out how to import them from Dropbox in to Ns2 but how do you actually then load it to play?

Thanks dandy, id never had worked that out. I love ns2 but things like this dont seem intuitive, well to me anyway lol

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@Bloodline said:

Touch the little icon that looks like a piece of paper at the top left of the tracks view. The library will open on the left side, and you can drag files onto the timeline.

• note you need to drop it into some existing track, not to empty area... widown then appears with additional import settings ..

• Cubasis 3 iPhone compatibility is sure scratching my NS2 audio tracks itch! (Yeah, I didn’t say it makes me want Cubasis. NS2 iPhone is in a really nice place for me... Just itching for audio tracks!)

Any news on eta?

• @ohwell said:
    Cubasis 3 iPhone compatibility is sure scratching my NS2 audio tracks itch! (Yeah, I didn’t say it makes me want Cubasis. NS2 iPhone is in a really nice place for me... Just itching for audio tracks!)

Any news on eta?

Audio tracks and AU effects automation.

• @Janosax said:

@ohwell said:
    Cubasis 3 iPhone compatibility is sure scratching my NS2 audio tracks itch! (Yeah, I didn’t say it makes me want Cubasis. NS2 iPhone is in a really nice place for me... Just itching for audio tracks!)

Any news on eta?

Audio tracks and AU effects automation.

Audio tracks and AU effects automation and compatibility with Midi AUs.

• edited December 2019

compatibility with Midi AUs.

Just curious, which MIDI AUs are not compatible with NS2 ? If some particular plugin is not working, it's good idea to notify dev of that plugin, to my knowledge MIDI AUs in general are workimg in NS, i know it because i use few of them on daily basis :-))

• edited December 2019

^ +1 @Matt_Fletcher_2000 MIDI AUV3s are already compatible!

• Built-in AU midi recording (without any current workaround).

• edited December 2019

@Janosax said:
    Built-in AU midi recording (without any current workaround).

ah this.. ok this is not really "midi aufx compatibility issue"... NS2 is fully compatible wih AUfx MIDI plugins, recording of midi fx output back to sequencer has nothing to do with MIDI AUfx standard itself...

• If Cubasis 3 supports external audio in to AUFx plugins, that's also an advantage over NS2 as it is today and as I expect it will be for some time.

• @dendy said:

Just curious, which MIDI AUs are not compatible with NS2 ? If some particular plugin is not working, it's good idea to notify dev of that plugin, to my knowledge MIDI AUs in general are workimg in NS, i know it because i use few of them on daily basis :-))

I haven’t tried it for a while but StepBud didn’t work in Ns2 properly. It would sent a thousand note ons for every step. It was also problematic in lots of other little ways too. I can’t remember the details but I did mention it in a thread in which the developer of StepBud was active.

Nothing ever got fixed and I eventually gave up on StepBud in any host other than AUM.

The synth at the beginning of this track: is an example of stepbud giving me huge headaches in NS2. I ended up drawing in the CC data to modulate the synth manually in Ns2 to replicate what I was trying to achieve with stepbud instead. Which was a bit of a pain but solved the problem.

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

I haven’t tried it for a while but StepBud didn’t work in Ns2 properly. It would sent a thousand note ons for every step. It was also problematic in lots of other little ways too. I can’t remember the details but I did mention it in a thread in which the developer of StepBud was active.

Nothing ever got fixed and I eventually gave up on StepBud in any host other than AUM.

The synth at the beginning of this track: is an example of stepbud giving me huge headaches in NS2. I ended up drawing in the CC data to modulate the synth manually in Ns2 to replicate what I was trying to achieve with stepbud instead. Which was a bit of a pain but solved the problem.

Was that with the last Stepbud? I thought that bug got fixed a few iterations ago.

• @espiegel123 said:

@klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Was that with the last Stepbud? I thought that bug got fixed a few iterations ago.

No. Not fixed.

Also happens in NS2 for iPhone with latest version of stepbud. It still sends a million note ons.

Stepbud had never worked in NS2.

• edited December 2019

stepbud is still not fixed ? ...hm, i reported this to it's dev ages ago.. i think somewhere in jun or july i got response that when he will have some time he will release fix, i guess he just forgot :-)

@cem_olcay any chance you get some spare time to look at this ?

• Thanks to the new Cubasis v.3 that doesn’t allow the transfer of in-app purchases from the LE version to the new full version, I permanently abandon Steinberg for Nanostudio.
    I was waiting for a good excuse and I found it... 😈

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:
    stepbud is still not fixed ? ...hm, i reported this to it's dev ages ago..

Nope. Still broken.

Am I imagining things or was it possible to upload videos here before? I made a quick screen cap showing it still not working but can’t upload it.

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Nope. Still broken.

Am I imagining things or was it possible to upload videos here before? I made a quick screen cap showing it still not working but can’t upload it.

not needed, i described this problem, including svreenshots, to @cem_olcay in private messages.. as i said i guess he just forget, hope he will found some time to check it...

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:

@klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Nope. Still broken.

not needed, i described this problem, including svreenshots, to @cem_olcay in private messages.. as i said i guess he just forget, hope he will found some time to check it...

Hey @dendy, yes, you're absolutely right, I totally skip fixing NS2 loop mode bug.
    I have good news though, I'm uploading a new version 1.4.0 with the fix. Hopefully will be available later today!
    Thanks for reminding me again, sorry for the delay 🙈

• @cem_olcay super cool, thanks !

• Who is @dendy ? Is he with blip? A beta tester? I keep seeing his name and very helpful posts on here. Just wondering .

• @Telstar5 said:
    Who is @dendy ? Is he with blip? A beta tester? I keep seeing his name and very helpful posts on here. Just wondering .

Beta tester

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

... and fan club president. B)

• edited December 2019

@cem_olcay I got the StepBud update and it works great for me now in NS2. Thanks so much!👍

• Thanks guys

• @Faland said:
    Thanks to the new Cubasis v.3 that doesn’t allow the transfer of in-app purchases from the LE version to the new full version, I permanently abandon Steinberg for Nanostudio.

@Farland
    I think a lot more Steinberg Cubasis users will be jumping ship if their DAW doesn’t get fixed anytime soon shame really you though they would release it in a better state and bad timing just before Christmas as won’t get fixed to New Year.

The only bug bearer with NS2 is no audio tracks. Hopefully 2020.

Been trying out Auria Pro and Audio Evolution myself aswell to see if the workflow is right for me now. Deleted Cubasis 2 maybe will return sometime next year.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:
    Thanks to the new Cubasis v.3 that doesn’t allow the transfer of in-app purchases from the LE version to the new full version, I permanently abandon Steinberg for Nanostudio.

@Farland
    I think a lot more Steinberg Cubasis users will be jumping ship if their DAW doesn’t get fixed anytime soon shame really you though they would release it in a better state and bad timing just before Christmas as won’t get fixed to New Year.

Been trying out Auria Pro and Audio Evolution myself aswell to see if the workflow is right for me now. Deleted Cubasis 2 maybe will return sometime next year.

Yep Cubasis needs fixing soon. There's no way I'm updating to v3 in its current state.

I picked up NS2 for a crazy price in a recent sale and I can feel myself jumping ship altogether if Cubasis isn't properly fixed.

• edited December 2019

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Faland said:

@Farland

Yep Cubasis needs fixing soon. There's no way I'm updating to v3 in its current state.

I picked up NS2 for a crazy price in a recent sale and I can feel myself jumping ship altogether if Cubasis isn't properly fixed.

But what about aufx automation bro? 😉

I can’t think of one track I’ve made where I haven’t automated something in an effect