Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

Comments

• @drez said:

@Hmtx said:
    So ... is the pie on sale or just the toppings?

I’m seeing $24.99 app price

Toppings

Pie is on sale also! $11.99

• If you all want some extra sounds made especially for nanostudio 2 be sure to check out http://ipadbeatmaking.com there’s free stuff on there too. Just demo'd them on iPhone and the kits don’t miss a beat.

• @GrimLucky said:

@audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

@audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I thought I’d download the iPhone version, but it’s asking me for the cash. Is it the case that if I first agree it will then tell me I already own it?

Yup! It came up in the store for $24.99.... I clicked buy. I had to double click side button to purchase, and held my breathe and said "Well, worst case Matt gets paid again" but that message popped up that I posted here

God, I’m tempted now 🤞

It worked fine for me and I wasn’t charged again, although now off to get some IAPs

Closed my eyes and gritted my teeth, then bought - and it updated for free 🙂 Weird process, that, though, isn’t it?! It’s on sale for new buyers now, as well. If they have any sense, they’ll get it instantly. I bought it full price and would have paid double again - it’s brilliant. Now the iPhone version is sorted, I’m looking forward to NS2 being the full-fledged DAW we’ve all been waiting for.

• edited October 2019

Tried to challenge myself :) Made this mini tune just during last 3 hours on iPhone 6S, with apple earbuds, all sounds synthetised from scratch (started with init preset), including drums - no samples involved :)

• Nice work @dendy
    You’ve done loads in 3 hours. Parts of it remind me of Enya. Love it when the chord stab changes upwards, blooming marvellous ;)

• Thanks, so can we record AuMidiFx apps to tracks now? Ableton Link start/stop would have been nice too?

• edited October 2019

@icsleepers said:

@DCJ said:
    Darn. Spectrum doesn’t show up full screen either. Would be nice to temporarily remove the top bar? Anyone else having plugins cutoff?

Yup, these same two, iPhone XR. Only other one I tried was Tardigrain which seemed ok

Tardigrain is like the poster child of well-designed adaptable AUv3 UIs. It was perfect from the start.

@dendy said:
    Tried to challenge myself :) Made this mini tune just during last 3 hours on iPhone 6S, with apple earbuds, all sounds synthetised from scratch (started with init preset), including drums - no samples involved :)

In 3 hours? Do you find that the rest of the world seems to often move in slow motion? Have you noticed the soles of your sneakers tend to melt when you jog?

You might be the Flash and just not realized it yet. Massive sound as usual

• @dendy said:

Beautiful work as usual sir 👊🏼™️💕

• Downloaded @work and jumped on when I got home. Making an iPhone beat hasn’t felt this good since BM2. And, sampler notwithstanding, it’s (naturally) lightyears ahead.

I find it more intuitive to edit Samples than the iPad version, for some reason. Maybe proximity of the controls? Whatever the case, I’m loving it. Still, I may dust off BM2 for some crazy chopping and export the slices to NS2, which is easy as pie w/ iOS 13 and AudioShare. No need to zip folders anymore!

• Mmmm. Can’t use the workaround with Midi Tools Route Midi to record AU midi since it’s not universal.

Oh well. I can live with that for iPhone I guess.

• what what for real?

• With the exception of some AUs that don’t scale well as noted by others, I have to say this one of the most usable “complex” iPhone apps ever. Excellent design and execution. B)

• Free if you own iPad versu=ion?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Free if you own iPad versu=ion?

Yes sir

• @wim

Couldn’t agree more

• Super beautiful!!! Looks amazing on my ild iPhone 6s Plus🤪😳🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👍🏼🤗☝️

Thanks Matt for the amazing work into making this a reality!❤️

• Yep awesome! Thank you Matt Nanostudio.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Don’t forget to re-up those App Store reviews!

• @wim said:
    Don’t forget to re-up those App Store reviews!

FIrst: This. Yes. Least that can be done.

Second: Congrats Mister Matt and thank you.

Third: Ready to buy more IAPs if the nice man would oblige.

Fourth: Nice work @dendy. Enya with balls indeed :)

• Congrats to the developer!! This is a milestone update.

• Now please tell me that that rumour about IAP content exclusive rights wasn’t true and we can get some new sound designer IAPs to spend our cash on? 🙂

• I am by no means a phone fellow, but dammit this is so well designed. I can already see me weaselling with the wife as regards the urgent need to finally upgrade this telephonic object...

• edited October 2019

Can someone please tell me if NS2 supports the 6/8 time signature? Also does it do swing ? Thanks

• edited October 2019

@sisterkate said:
    Can someone please tell me if NS2 supports the 6/8 time signature?

Yes, it even has tempo and time signature tracks

Also does it do swing ? Thanks

It does, but only as a quantization setting, there’s no non-destructive swing

• edited October 2019

@sisterkate said:
    Can someone please tell me if NS2 supports the 6/8 time signature?

you can use any combination of signstures (1-32)/(1,4,8,16,32) and you can even automate signature changes

Also does it do swing ? Thanks

You can apply swing for recording (notes are then recorded shifted with selected swing)

Or you can apply swing on recorded notes (note this is not non-destructive way, it actually shifts notes)

@gusgranite said:
    Now please tell me that that rumour about IAP content exclusive rights wasn’t true and we can get some new sound designer IAPs to spend our cash on? 🙂

This is not that there is some set rule of exclusivity.. more like there was not time to discuss this last few months - obvious other priorities took place... but recently i opened this discussion internally and i'm strongly pushing contacting some great names, so we will see where it ends... i totally agree that signature patch banks from some famous sound designers would be great... holding fingers crossed !

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Fourth: Nice work @dendy. Enya with balls indeed :)

Thanks ! Interesting thing that it reminds Enya, i had in my mind more Deadmau5 work but obviously i ended somewhere completely different :)) Definitely want later to make more "complete" track from it, with more ideas, melodies, sounds and bigger length...

Of course if anybody wants to "remix it" i'm fully opened, i can provide NS project, because it doesn't use any AUs just bundled stuff, it is easy to share full project file ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2019

@StudioES said:
    @dendy Do you know if NS2 will be getting Link V3 w/ Start/Stop Sync soon?

i can't (as always) speak about any dates but - but we already discussed it few days ago, feature list was already closed so it didn't make it to this update, but i will do my best to convince Matt to put it closest next update ;) Definitely agree this would be great addition to NS interconnectivity!

• I made a whole bunch of Slate drum kits from free samples on the internet if anyone hasn't seen them yet, lots of different acoustic drum sets:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/484/acoustic-slate-kits-for-download-and-thoughts-on-making-beats-in-ns2/p1

• @richardyot said:
    I made a whole bunch of Slate drum kits from free samples on the internet if anyone hasn't seen them yet, lots of different acoustic drum sets:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/484/acoustic-slate-kits-for-download-and-thoughts-on-making-beats-in-ns2/p1

Suggesting all of them ! Top notch quality ! Same goes to @ipadbeatmaking stuff - i's great to have such talented guys contributing in our community ! Also this guy is making some very unusual, interesting and lot of fun sample packs for NS http://www.lesproductionszvon.com/

• Wasn't this supposed to be released in June. Or at least by summer. Still miffed that this got precedence over audio tracks. And I see none of the 2-3 major problems that everyone mentions have been addressed.

I'll leave now and take my buzzkill with me, but I felt the need to register my disappointment with the maintenance of this app. Mostly because it's so close. Anyway bye