Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• How do I send separate PC messages to the Drum section and Bass section(for changing patterns), do I need to use two instances of PA to be able to use separate midi channels? I’m using AUM.
    https://wiki.audiob.us/pure_acid#midi_mapping
    @wim

• edited November 2021

@jimpavloff
    o/ Thanks for making an amazing app. I hate to bother you with requests, APP developers need to dedicate some episodes of a webseries about “requests”, thanks for humoring me.

The last thing I can imagine to request from the app (one request to end them all) would be to store more than one chain of patterns in Pure Acid. It would require less work to vary chains, then patterns, using third party sequencers like Cubasis, Xequence, Atom2

What do you think?

• @_smund said:
    How do I send separate PC messages to the Drum section and Bass section(for changing patterns), do I need to use two instances of PA to be able to use separate midi channels? I’m using AUM.
    @wim

Prog change for the drum machine is on midi ch 10 :-)

• @Lorichs
    I feel like Im unlocking a secret weapon in darksouls here(:
    How does it work with PC for the 303, is that on the midi channel you assign for Pure Acid in AUM? Thanks btw :)

Maybe we can add it to the wiki @wim ?

• The Multi-out unit doesn't accept PC's' is that correct? So is there a way to export presets from the Multi-out instance for use in a single instance?

• edited November 2021

@_smund
    Ch 10 is the default midi ch of the drum machine
    Ch 1 is default of the bassline.

A couple of days ago i posted links to two Mozaic scripts i have made for pattern switching i pure acid
    They might be helpfull so I repost them here. I also made a little video to help you setting it up.

Please note that I could not get the fill buttoms on the drummachine to work properly. This is the first script that I have ever written ( apart from the poly step arp version of the same script ) so that was just beyond my skills.

The scripts can be downloaded here

https://patchstorage.com/pure-acid-bassline-patterns-selector/
    https://patchstorage.com/pure-acid-drum-machine-pattern-selector/

I hope that this is helpful 😊

Edit. I should have uploade in a better resolution. In case you want to copy the midi notes for the bassline are ch1 note 36 and note 38 and the notes for the drummachine are ch1 note 48 and note 50

• @Mo13 said:
    The Multi-out unit doesn't accept PC's' is that correct? So is there a way to export presets from the Multi-out instance for use in a single instance?

It does accept PC's just as the single-out version does. You just need to route your PC's to the main instance.

• @_smund said:
    How do I send separate PC messages to the Drum section and Bass section(for changing patterns), do I need to use two instances of PA to be able to use separate midi channels? I’m using AUM.
    @wim

No, you don't need separate instances. You just need to make sure that your Pure Acid AUM channel is either accepting midi on all channels or at least on channel 1 and 10. Then you need to make it so whatever is sending your PC messages is sending them on channel 1 and/or 10 as appropriate.

• @_smund said:
    @Lorichs
    I feel like Im unlocking a secret weapon in darksouls here(:
    How does it work with PC for the 303, is that on the midi channel you assign for Pure Acid in AUM? Thanks btw :)

It doesn't have much to do with the midi channel settings in AUM. It depends on whatever you're using to send the program change messages. As long as the Pure Acid channel in AUM doesn't have channel 1 (for the 303) and 10 (for the drums) filtered out it will work. The default channel settings receive all channels unless you turn them off with the filter settings.

Maybe we can add it to the wiki @wim ?

No need. That was already there. B)

• Is it nicht chance using PC to change patterns while using multi out?
    I suppose one could load a couple instances of non multi out and use pattern 1-4 on one and 5-9 on the other, for some different effects. Both instances on the same midi channel. @Mo13
    And @Lorichs you’re awsome^^

• @_smund said:
    Is it nicht chance using PC to change patterns while using multi out?

PC for pattern change works fine while using multi out.

• edited November 2021

Thanks for the elucidations :)
    But daddy @wim I dident see it in the Wiki, about the channel 1 unt 10

• I’ve set up sending PC changes 1-4 on midi channel 10 from xequence in this clip. Can you check if I did anything wrong?
    Im thankful for the help, I was planning to make a “getting along with xequence video” when I get set up, with the way I use it. Dude I am really thankfull for the help. Hope y’all have a great day

• And @Lorichs you’re awsome^^

@wim thanx man. I’m glad you like the video 😉👍🏼

• @_smund said:
    Thanks for the elucidations :)
    But daddy @wim I dident see it in the Wiki, about the channel 1 unt 10

It's right at the bottom of the page: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=pure_acid. I did edit it just now to make it a little more clear.

• @_smund said:
    I’ve set up sending PC changes 1-4 on midi channel 10 from xequence in this clip. Can you check if I did anything wrong?
    Im thankful for the help, I was planning to make a “getting along with xequence video” when I get set up, with the way I use it. Dude I am really thankfull for the help. Hope y’all have a great day

Happy to help. And it's nice to see you're using Xequence2.

It looks like you're sending your PC messages on channel 2. Change it to 10 and you should be good to go.

• @wim said:

@Mo13 said:
    The Multi-out unit doesn't accept PC's' is that correct? So is there a way to export presets from the Multi-out instance for use in a single instance?

It does accept PC's just as the single-out version does. You just need to route your PC's to the main instance.

thanks! somehow it didn’t until I deleted the instance and reloaded it again, but at the other question, I made all these presets in multi-out which I want to import into single out, is there a way at this point?

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

thanks! somehow it didn’t until I deleted the instance and reloaded it again, but at the other question, I made all these presets in multi-out which I want to import into single out, is there a way at this point?

Huh? I have the same presets in both. Did you save them in the app, or in AUM or some other host’s preset mechanism?

• @wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

Huh? I have the same presets in both. Did you save them in the app, or in AUM or some other host’s preset mechanism?

@AUM, I tried saving them from AUM as user presets but that's not allowed.

• @Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@wim said:

@Mo13 said:

@AUM, I tried saving them from AUM as user presets but that's not allowed.

If you save them in Pure Acid’s own preset system, they will be available everywhere. Tap the preset name at the top of the app…

• If you save them in Pure Acid’s own preset system, they will be available everywhere. Tap the preset name at the top of the app…

sure thing, but so there is no way to import the ones I already made in AUM into it?

• @Mo13 said:

If you save them in Pure Acid’s own preset system, they will be available everywhere. Tap the preset name at the top of the app…

sure thing, but so there is no way to import the ones I already made in AUM into it?

You can load from AUM & save in P.A. one at a time.

• You can load from AUM & save in P.A. one at a time.

thank you, just figured out that I should do all that as well in the top of the app in AUM as Wim mentioned.

• One thing two things

Major request:
    To be able to store multiple chained-patterns, and to be able to launch them from another sequenser( for songcrafting). The way it is, if you want switch between patterns through a song, you have to make a mark for each pattern, it can turn out to be alot of marks! I know it’s a long time to christmas but I really really want this :neutral:

Is there a way to make the step move forward in the pattern while using an external keyboard (like when using PA’s internal keyboard?)

Is there a way you can think off that would make the workflow even easier, like having MIDI control over note length, glide, remove last note?
    Would that be helpful?

I would like to say Praise the sun, and
    Praise PA

I’m thankful for the fish and don’t want to be a nagging nanny :blush:

• @_smund
    You can in theory store more chains if you make the as macros in Drambo. I can make it work but it it is not very smooth.
    First of all the first pattern in the chain must be selected manualy or by a programchange. Pattern selection is NOT included in the chain.
    The second thing is an issue with my Drambo skills. When i trigger MACRO (chain) 2 i want it to automaticly realise MACRO (chain) 1 and I can’t figure out how to do that. Maybe Drambo wizard @wim knows how 2 deal with that.
    Last thing Pure Acid chrashed constantly when i tried this. @jimpavloff

The other controls you mention doesn’t show up as AU parameters so I guess that they can’t be midi mapped

• What I have been using is Rosetta bass and rhythm
    They both have 8 patterns and you can tell each pattern how many times to play and which pattern to go to next, random etc
    They also have ‘generate pattern’ so you can smash out 8 bass and 8 drum patterns super quick
    I know you wanna make the patterns in pure acid or Xequence , but just giving you options
    Sorry for jumping in

• edited February 2022

Wish “Jim” would bring Poison-202 to the M1 macOS platform. There are sounds on that app that are unreproduceable on other synths.

• Can someone help and tell me how I can select all notes in the Sequencer please. I would like to select all and transpose for example. Many thanks.

• @jolico said:

Thanks that's Great! Is it possible to apply transpose to a smaller selection of notes?