Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• Please raise your hand if you’d like to be able to map the pitch knob and all the buttons to a controller!
    would also super much like to «add note» where I want in the sequence using the onscreen keyboard while melody is running, instead of that only working to place notes where the timehead is while running) Less twisting and turning, especially when the pitch knob isn’t mappable!
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks (:

• @_smund said:
    Please raise your hand if you’d like to be able to map the pitch knob and all the buttons to a controller!

Have not tried in stand alone mode Pitch can be mapped in AUM.

If you wanna map more parameters to one knob you can make a macro Jakob Haq has a really good video on the subject 😊

• Hey thanks! I will give it a go to check if it works to change the pitch of the note that is selected in the melody as it is playing. Also ‘Next note’(buttons in general) would be handy.
    I was not able to map pitch in Pure Acid with detecting what I’m pressing

• I would really like a randomise function for the drums..... it has been asked for before...
    Anyway I would like to announce one more. Pure Acid is utterly brilliant. You should buy it even if you don’t like music.

• Hey bit frustrated. Have read through last year of this thread re assigning program change numbers to drum patterns. Can anyone confirm success using LPD8 Wireless controller? What happens for me is regardless of what pad is pressed & what program change number is programmed to that pad in the LPD8 editor (saved under ch10) a drum pattern chain playing in PA will only change back to pattern 1 ie pads assigned PC numbers 0-7 & doesn’t matter which pad is pressed won’t change to pattern 1-8, will just revert back to pattern 1 regardless of what pattern the chain is playing. This is in standalone, standalone in AUM & AU in AUM.
    Hope I make sense ☺️

• @Gryphon said:
    Hey bit frustrated. Have read through last year of this thread re assigning program change numbers to drum patterns. Can anyone confirm success using LPD8 Wireless controller? What happens for me is regardless of what pad is pressed & what program change number is programmed to that pad in the LPD8 editor (saved under ch10) a drum pattern chain playing in PA will only change back to pattern 1 ie pads assigned PC numbers 0-7 & doesn’t matter which pad is pressed won’t change to pattern 1-8, will just revert back to pattern 1 regardless of what pattern the chain is playing. This is in standalone, standalone in AUM & AU in AUM.
    Hope I make sense ☺️

Have you tied routing to a midi monitor such as MIDISpy to verify the messages coming from the LPD8 are what you expect?

I can’t test with an LPD8, but I did test with something else sending PC messages on ch. 10. It works fine for me.

• Is there a way to change step length without rippling the whole pattern after that step?

• Have you used the ‘gate’, next to the step length buttons? Or were you wanting a note over 1/16 length? If you were maybe you could try making the next note the same pitch as the first one - tie them together, then shorten the gate of the second to suit.

• It’s when doing longer notes yes. That sounds like a moderately feasible workaround, I’ll try it, thank you...

• @wim said:

@Gryphon said:
    Hey bit frustrated. Have read through last year of this thread re assigning program change numbers to drum patterns. Can anyone confirm success using LPD8 Wireless controller? What happens for me is regardless of what pad is pressed & what program change number is programmed to that pad in the LPD8 editor (saved under ch10) a drum pattern chain playing in PA will only change back to pattern 1 ie pads assigned PC numbers 0-7 & doesn’t matter which pad is pressed won’t change to pattern 1-8, will just revert back to pattern 1 regardless of what pattern the chain is playing. This is in standalone, standalone in AUM & AU in AUM.
    Hope I make sense ☺️

Have you tied routing to a midi monitor such as MIDISpy to verify the messages coming from the LPD8 are what you expect?

I can’t test with an LPD8, but I did test with something else sending PC messages on ch. 10. It works fine for me.

Thanks Wim, I took your suggestion & routed through MIDISpy and showed affirmative PC messages sent. I’ve since tried using LPD8 controller using same mapping on USB & no problem PA pattern change worked perfect.
    Weird because using same PC change mapping on Bluetooth the LPD8 works on DM2, Mood & ChordPolyPad. And also strange used pads on nanoKey same PC mapping with PU on Bluetooth & worked no problem.

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

In your screenshot I see PC0 immediately after every PC. It makes sense that it would switch to the first pattern. It looks to me as though the LPD is processing the pads as momentary switches. You do not want that PC0 occurring between the other values.

Does the trace look the same over USB?

• The trace is different over USB

And trace with pads set to toggle still not working!

• wimwim
    edited August 2021

Well, then that is definitely the cause, though not an explanation of why the LPD sends those erroneous PC0 messages over bluetooth. Looks like some kind of bug with the LPD firmware. Weird.

• edited August 2021

@jimpavloff said:
    7 = Master Vol
    8 = Bass Vol
    9 = Drum Vol

12 = Env Mod
    16 = Accent
    17 = Distortion
    18 = Drive Bass
    19 = Drive Drums

91 = Bass Send FX A (?)
    92 = Bass Send FX B
    93 = Drums Send FX A
    94 = Drums Send FX B

71 = Resonance
    74 = Cutoff
    75 = Decay
    76 = LFO Rate
    77 = LFO Depth

85 = FX A Param 1
    86 = FX A Param 2
    87 = FX A Param 3
    88 = FX B Param 1
    89 = FX B Param 2
    90 = FX B Param 3

102 = MFX X
    103 = MFX Y
    106 = MFX ON/OFF

104 = Pitch

Reposting these just incase someone needs them. (Midi CC)

• @jolico said:

@jimpavloff said:
    7 = Master Vol
    8 = Bass Vol
    9 = Drum Vol

12 = Env Mod
    16 = Accent
    17 = Distortion
    18 = Drive Bass
    19 = Drive Drums

91 = Bass Send FX A (?)
    92 = Bass Send FX B
    93 = Drums Send FX A
    94 = Drums Send FX B

71 = Resonance
    74 = Cutoff
    75 = Decay
    76 = LFO Rate
    77 = LFO Depth

85 = FX A Param 1
    86 = FX A Param 2
    87 = FX A Param 3
    88 = FX B Param 1
    89 = FX B Param 2
    90 = FX B Param 3

102 = MFX X
    103 = MFX Y
    106 = MFX ON/OFF

104 = Pitch

Reposting these just incase someone needs them. (Midi CC)

These seem to have changed:

• Env Mod is now 81
    • Env Decay is now 83
  • I really wish - and surely I’m not alone here 😃 that you could swap in the different sound settings into your song/groove/whatever you are doing.
    So you are jamming away - going really nice and you think…. mmm this would be nice with the setup/sound that’s on ‘Nation Rokin’ or maybe I’ll try the sound of ‘Into the Bunker’.
    Please tell me that this is actually possible and I’m a goofball.
    Or please tell me that it was a simple oversight @jimpavloff and it is a little strange that it has never come to your attention before, and that you will see to it soon as it is quite straightforward to do.
    Please do not tell me that I’m crazy to even think if this in the first place and it is impossible and will never happen.

• @robosardine said:
    I really wish - and surely I’m not alone here 😃 that you could swap in the different sound settings into your song/groove/whatever you are doing.
    So you are jamming away - going really nice and you think…. mmm this would be nice with the setup/sound that’s on ‘Nation Rokin’ or maybe I’ll try the sound of ‘Into the Bunker’.
    Or please tell me that it was a simple oversight @jimpavloff and it is a little strange that it has never come to your attention before, and that you will see to it soon as it is quite straightforward to do.
    Please do not tell me that I’m crazy to even think if this in the first place and it is impossible and will never happen.

You can copy both Bassline and Drum patterns between presets if that helps you

• @branis said:

@robosardine said:
    I really wish - and surely I’m not alone here 😃 that you could swap in the different sound settings into your song/groove/whatever you are doing.

I got that one down man, thanks. It’s the other way round I’m looking for though. I want to have my song and try several preset sounds in it 🤗. I’ve got a feeling that Jim is probably too busy with a new project to contemplate introducing such a thing.... likely gearing up for a Christmas release.. not that I’m wanting to start any unfounded rumours or anything 👍

• @robosardine said:

@branis said:

@robosardine said:

I got that one down man, thanks. It’s the other way round I’m looking for though. I want to have my song and try several preset sounds in it 🤗. I’ve got a feeling that Jim is probably too busy with a new project to contemplate introducing such a thing.... likely gearing up for a Christmas release.. not that I’m wanting to start any unfounded rumours or anything 👍

Well, now I’m interested in that rumour :smiley:

• @robosardine said:

@branis said:

@robosardine said:

:o

• The new project is his album, right? (which seems to be awesome)
    or have you heard it through the grapevine about new apps or iaps? :wink:

• @robosardine said:

@branis said:

@robosardine said:

I saved my favorite factory presets (all of them) to the user area and removed the pattern data in each of them.
    Takes a bit of work, but you only need to do it once.

Inside AUM, open 2 instances of Pure Acid.
    The muted one feeds midi to the audible one.

Instant sound changes with the same patterns.

If you want even more variations, use three instances.

• Main (Sequencer)
    • Slave 1 (303 +FX)
    • Slave 2 (909/808/606 +FX)
  • @jolico said:

@robosardine said:

@branis said:

@robosardine said:

I saved my favorite factory presets (all of them) to the user area and removed the pattern data in each of them.
    Takes a bit of work, but you only need to do it once.

Inside AUM, open 2 instances of Pure Acid.
    The muted one feeds midi to the audible one.

Instant sound changes with the same patterns.

If you want even more variations, use three instances.

• Main (Sequencer)
    • Slave 1 (303 +FX)
    • Slave 2 (909/808/606 +FX)

Now that’s clever. I would probably never have thought of doing this, despite using Pure Acid to play Bass 808 etc etc - tonight’s project... 😃 Thanks for that!

Just to be clear on any new workings by Jim, it was based completely on my own speculation and nothing else as I indicated, and was meant only as a bit of fun. Though doubtless he will be working on something...... 🧐

• Hey

I know that i have mentioned this before but there a few easter eggs i Pure Acid so maybe I’m missing something.
    Is there a way to copy/paste patterns prior to the actual pattern change. It is essential for jamming especially with the drum machine.

This video might explain what I mean better.

If there is no way of doing this, could that be considered for an update @jimpavloff ? Pleeaaaase 😊

• @Lorichs said:
    If there is no way of doing this, could that be considered for an update @jimpavloff ? Pleeaaaase 😊

+1 B)

• Just jumped on board the Pure Acid train and I'm looking forward to the ride.

Putting together together a couple of 'warm up tracks' for a minimal house project with these sound sources:

Cubasis3
    Pure Acid
    TE PO-33
    Mother-32+DFAM
    jv1010+orchestral I board

Any cool tricks for using Pure Acid in Cubase? Will probably get Pure Acid grooves going in Cubasis and slowly introduce the different elements in subtle ways.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Just jumped on board the Pure Acid train and I'm looking forward to the ride.

Putting together together a couple of 'warm up tracks' for a minimal house project with these sound sources:

Cubasis3
    Pure Acid
    TE PO-33
    Mother-32+DFAM

Any cool tricks for using Pure Acid in Cubase? Will probably get Pure Acid grooves going in Cubasis and slowly introduce the different elements in subtle ways.

Welcome on the PA-train :-). I’m sure that you will enjoy the ride 😉
    Don’t know about cubase but here is a PA easter egg. If you hold down the “step” on the drum machine you can insert a 32th note i between the 16th notes.
    Another one on the drum machine. Go into step mode. Hold down the desired step. Now spin the dial to the left to set up step conditions.

• edited November 2021

Any chance of getting

@Lorichs said:

@OscarSouth said:

Cubasis3
    Pure Acid
    TE PO-33
    Mother-32+DFAM

Don’t know about cubase but here is a PA easter egg. If you hold down the “step” on the drum machine you can insert a 32th note i between the 16th notes.
    Another one on the drum machine. Go into step mode. Hold down the desired step. Now spin the dial to the left to set up step conditions.

Cool.. Any of those for the Bass?

Thanks..

Step Conditions would be …….. Nice for the Bass..

• @RajahP said:
    Any chance of getting

@Lorichs said:

@OscarSouth said:

Cubasis3
    Pure Acid
    TE PO-33
    Mother-32+DFAM

Cool.. Any of those for the Bass?

Thanks..

Step Conditions would be …….. Nice for the Bass..

I haven’t found any so far. I’ll be happy to know i some of you guys find some.

• @Lorichs said:

Nice one! Added to the wiki article.