Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @jimpavloff Macros in NS2 see AU parameters but don’t control them? 😭

• edited December 2019

Thanks for the hard work, @jimpavloff. It’s standard for you, but it’s exceptional, and can be easy for us demanding customers to overlook it.

• Damn yeah! Now if I could jus get a lil fine tune on them there oscillators

• My first save in the AU crashed the app. I didn’t take the usual precaution of opening the standalone once first. Did that now and subsequent saves have been OK.

So happy to have this as AU!

• edited December 2019

@anickt said:
    @jimpavloff Macros in NS2 see AU parameters but don’t control them? 😭

Yeah, what’s up with that?

Edit: strangely, once a macro knob and the PA knob are linked, NS2 will midi-record movements of the Pure Acid knobs (!!!) but doesn’t affect it on playback.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Pretty cool look in NS2:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• Nice.. The power of Auv3.. No turning back..

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff hm looks like automation of parameters doesn't work in NS... at least if i map Cutoff and Resonance to macro knobs, it does nothing...

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff hm looks like automation of parameters doesn't work in NS... at least if i map Cutoff and Resonance to macro knobs, it does nothing...

I think there’s something wonky in AUM too. I thought I put an LFO on Resonance but it changed Distortion instead?

• @dendy said:

Once mapped, If you move the cutoff and res knobs in Pure Acid, NS2 will record the movement. But PA doesn’t respond to it in playback.

• @jimpavloff : great to see the arrival of the AUv3. It looks like the AU is not responding to program change events on the drum channel to change patterns. It seems to direct PCs on all midi channels to the bass sequencer. FWIW, in the standalone, I have bass mapped to channel 1 and the drums to 10.

• @Shabudua said:

@dendy said:

Once mapped, If you move the cutoff and res knobs in Pure Acid, NS2 will record the movement. But PA doesn’t respond to it in playback.

Yeah, recording momvenent is just recording of macro knob - this is feature of NS itself, it's not affected by particular plugin ... there is just broken bond between macro knob and mapped PA parameter..

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:

@Shabudua said:

@dendy said:

Yeah, recording momvenent is just recording of macro knob - this is feature of NS itself.

I Knew NS2 recorded the macro knobs, but i didn’t know It would record if I moved the linked knobs on the plugin itself. Very cool! 🙂 PA does this, so I guess the bond from the plugin to the macro works, but not from the macro to the plugin. It’s only one-way.

• Thanks @jimpavloff much appreciated!

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff , thanks for the early AU update.
    Any way to switch off the built in keyboard display in the AU?
    I’d prefer to have bass, seq, and mix on screen at once. I don’t use the keyboard.
    Thanks

• Woohoo 🎉

• @jolico maybe you should report the AUv3 update on the thread title.

• Sooo awesome! Thanks @jimpavloff, so much for AU implementation.

Pure Acid is my app of the year...Booom!

• edited December 2019

Don’t know if it’s me, but, shouldn’t the scale stay locked in the sequencer once generated (say D minor) and not revert back to ‘C Chromatic’ every time.. Seems it would make sense to know the scale of the song (preset) selected too.

Also, a global scale-lock switch would be nice..

Nice..🙏

Edit.. BTW.. pattern switching is a gem.. in Au mode (multi instanced). Thank you..

• Ableton export?

• I don’t know if it has been mentioned before, but about recording automation, it doesn’t work in Cubasis too. Line with NS2, the knobs movement are recorded (but in a weird way..) but they don’t affect the sound.
    That been said, @jimpavloff did an amazing work, I didn’t think the AU version would be released so soon, so thank you !
    PS : if there are some informations from other users about recording automation with PureAcid, I would be happy to read it, thanks.

• Is there a way to tempo sync PA with external gear i.e. a digitakt? I can’t for the life of me work this out!

• Test.. Pulse-PA au x2

AUM project... just begging for snapshots to control these pattern based Auv3..

• @Faland said:
    @jolico maybe you should report the AUv3 update on the thread title.

Wish I could. It doesn’t let me edit anything over a month and the original post was made in September.

• @cyril777 said:
    I don’t know if it has been mentioned before, but about recording automation, it doesn’t work in Cubasis too. Line with NS2, the knobs movement are recorded (but in a weird way..) but they don’t affect the sound.
    That been said, @jimpavloff did an amazing work, I didn’t think the AU version would be released so soon, so thank you !
    PS : if there are some informations from other users about recording automation with PureAcid, I would be happy to read it, thanks.

It looks like it’s not receiving midi cc at all. Maybe I’m sending to the wrong channel?

• @jolico said:

@cyril777 said:
    I don’t know if it has been mentioned before, but about recording automation, it doesn’t work in Cubasis too. Line with NS2, the knobs movement are recorded (but in a weird way..) but they don’t affect the sound.

It looks like it’s not receiving midi cc at all. Maybe I’m sending to the wrong channel?

I think there's something not working correctly yet. Please report the things you find strange, I'll check it out soon.

• @slowmotionblues said:
    Is there a way to tempo sync PA with external gear i.e. a digitakt? I can’t for the life of me work this out!

Audiobus can receive sync from your gear and sync with PA