Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• oh DUH!!!! Thanks @robosardine and @jolico

• Waiting for ta AuV3 update so I can open Pure Acid inside NanoStudio 2.

• Pretty cool look in NS2:

• @jimpavloff said:
    Pretty cool look in NS2:

🤤

• @jimpavloff said:
    Pretty cool look in NS2:

YES!

Ops, sorry... yes!

• Is it out now as AUv3?

• @robosardine said:
    Is it out now as AUv3?

No, but it’s getting there 😍

• @Faland said:

YES!

AGREED!

• @jimpavloff said:
    Pretty cool look in NS2:

Glad you're testing in NS2. That's my playground! B)

• .> @jimpavloff said:

Pretty cool look in NS2:

Awesome! Oh, I see a different highlight color for the Data knob / On button. Nice!

• ...and an fps indicator... uhh, handy!

• @jimpavloff could you please add MIDI out to stand-alone version.
    It will be useful for my workflow : 1) Run randomize generator inside PureAcid SEQ 2) Export generated midi pattern into Ableton and modify it inside daw (sending midi back to PureAcid).
    Please include into MIDI out all MIDI data: notes, cc etc.. I mean all from this list https://wiki.audiob.us/pure_acid
    FYI
    I saw people mentioned the same (MIDI out) feature request here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34910/pure-acid-by-jim-audio-this-is-the-best-news-ever/p13

Good product! Thank you.

• @fLySpin said:
    @jimpavloff could you please add MIDI out to stand-alone version.
    It will be useful for my workflow : 1) Run randomize generator inside PureAcid SEQ 2) Export generated midi pattern into Ableton and modify it inside daw (sending midi back to PureAcid).
    Please include into MIDI out all MIDI data: notes, cc etc.. I mean all from this list https://wiki.audiob.us/pure_acid
    FYI
    I saw people mentioned the same (MIDI out) feature request here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34910/pure-acid-by-jim-audio-this-is-the-best-news-ever/p13

Good product! Thank you.

Interesting, what exactly will you do in Ableton with the pattern, what cannot be done inside the app itself?

• @jimpavloff said:

@fLySpin said:
    FYI

Good product! Thank you.

Interesting, what exactly will you do in Ableton with the pattern, what cannot be done inside the app itself?

PA SEQ have very power midi editor(especially with midi generator option). Ableton midi editor just more usual for me: chopping, reordering, combining with other clips. Loading every midi clip into separate cell(session view), colorize more successful takes.

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff said:

@fLySpin said:
    FYI

Good product! Thank you.

I'd much rather see audio export into Groove Rider GR-16. I know I can achieve it with rendering loops, but what if it was a more seamless process much like BlocksWave exports to LaunchPad.

All the GR-16 sliced goodness At ourdisposal. Potentially the synth as audio, and the drums as audio+Midi data which could then be automated and assembled in the miriad ways GR-16 allows.

Haven't thought this through but seems interesting

• @jimpavloff said:

@fLySpin said:
    FYI

Good product! Thank you.

Change the timing of the MIDI notes to triplets ? :p

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:

@fLySpin said:
    FYI

Good product! Thank you.

Then he will not be lucky to record them back from Ableton into PA, because triplets are not supported.

• @jimpavloff said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@jimpavloff said:

@fLySpin said:
    FYI

Good product! Thank you.

Then he will not be lucky to record them back from Ableton into PA, because triplets are not supported.

haha, I know ;) I was being a little tongue in cheek :)

• @jimpavloff : is there currently some way of triggering fills via MIDI? If not, it would be great if notes on the drum MIDI channel (maybe the 4 notes starting with middle c) would have the same effect as pressing the fill buttons in PA.

I guess it needs to be midi notes so you know when to release the fill.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : is there currently some way of triggering fills via MIDI? If not, it would be great if notes on the drum MIDI channel (maybe the 4 notes starting with middle c) would have the same effect as pressing the fill buttons in PA.

Yes, you can, use midi program change #12-15 on 10th channel.

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : is there currently some way of triggering fills via MIDI? If not, it would be great if notes on the drum MIDI channel (maybe the 4 notes starting with middle c) would have the same effect as pressing the fill buttons in PA.

That just starts the fill pattern playing in the same way as the other drum patterns but in PA itself the behavior is different. Fills start immediately and play only while touching the button. When you release the button it returns to previously playing pattern.

The pc 12-15 don't work that way for me. So they work as patterns but not fills. Am I doing something wrong?

• @espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

That just starts the fill pattern playing in the same way as the other drum patterns but in PA itself the behavior is different. Fills start immediately and play only while touching the button. When you release the button it returns to previously playing pattern.

The pc 12-15 don't work that way for me. So they work as patterns but not fills. Am I doing something wrong?

You just need to send another program change (0-11) to return back to desired pattern.

• Tx> @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

You just need to send another program change (0-11) to return back to desired pattern.

Tx! I'll give it a try. My "PA PAL" Mozaic script will be ready soon--it facilitates controlling Pure Acid from AUM or AudioBus or other AU host.

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

It would be great if send the PC 12-15 worked the same as the fill button. I.e. after the fill finishes switch back to the previously playing pattern. That is such a great mechanic and using PC it isn't so elegant as you have to know what patter to return to -- which you don't have to do in the app.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

It would be great if send the PC 12-15 worked the same as the fill button. I.e. after the fill finishes switch back to the previously playing pattern. That is such a great mechanic and using PC it isn't so elegant as you have to know what patter to return to -- which you don't have to do in the app.

Ok, then how would you make the fill to play longer than one bar in this case?

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

Maybe the same behavior as in-app, i.e. non-latching momentary?

Edit: is that even possible with Midi?

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

I see a few possibilities -- there are probably others.

• don't change the PC behavior from what it is now AND add a note on/off for fills so that note on is like putting your finger down and note off is like taking it off
    • OR handle PCs for the fill button as toggles: the first fill PC is like putting your finger down on the button and the second instance of same PC is like taking your finger off.

The important thing is that when the fill finishes it goes back to the previously playing pattern. The problem now is that if you do a fill by PC it doesn't return to the previous pattern. You have to tell it what pattern to play after the fill which you don't have to do when playing fills in Pure Acid -- UNLESS I am doing something wrong.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

• don't change the PC behavior from what it is now AND add a note on/off for fills so that note on is like putting your finger down and note off is like taking it off
    • OR handle PCs for the fill button as toggles: the first fill PC is like putting your finger down on the button and the second instance of same PC is like taking your finger off.

The important thing is that when the fill finishes it goes back to the previously playing pattern. The problem now is that if you do a fill by PC it doesn't return to the previous pattern. You have to tell it what pattern to play after the fill which you don't have to do when playing fills in Pure Acid -- UNLESS I am doing something wrong.

I like the idea of second program change to return back. It doesn't change current behavior but adds new possibility without messing with additional notes or other midi tricks.

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

I like the idea of second program change to return back. It doesn't change current behavior but adds new possibility without messing with additional notes or other midi tricks.

:)

Loving PA