Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited December 2019

@anickt said:
    @jimpavloff Automation working in NS2 as expected but PA knobs don’t animate.

Poison knobs don’t animate either (in NS2 or BM3). Unfortunately I tend to not use apps that don’t animate the knobs. :/. It is nice to just jump into a session and see what is going on right away.

• @robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@RajahP said:
    Don’t know if it’s me, but, shouldn’t the scale stay locked in the sequencer once generated (say D minor) and not revert back to ‘C Chromatic’ every time.. Seems it would make sense to know the scale of the song (preset) selected too.

Also, a global scale-lock switch would be nice..

Nice..🙏

Edit.. BTW.. pattern switching is a gem.. in Au mode (multi instanced). Thank you..

Yes please fix this @jimpavloff, its a real workflow interruption, if you are in a groove and reopen PA - it has defaulted to C Major.
    Ps great job on the AU... just when I was thinking it couldn’t get much better....

It is already fixed in the last update.

It’s not working for me Jim. It keeps the key intact if you are opening and closing the generate window and playing with the other parameters etc - but if you hide the app in AUM by pressing the x at the top right whilst PA is playing, then come back to it (still whilst it is playing) by tapping on its icon to open it up..... the option to generate has reverted to C chromatic, requiring it to be reset if you want to stay in the same key.

Please confirm your installed PA version (I've just tested and it works fine in AUM).

• @jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@RajahP said:
    Don’t know if it’s me, but, shouldn’t the scale stay locked in the sequencer once generated (say D minor) and not revert back to ‘C Chromatic’ every time.. Seems it would make sense to know the scale of the song (preset) selected too.

Nice..🙏

Edit.. BTW.. pattern switching is a gem.. in Au mode (multi instanced). Thank you..

Yes please fix this @jimpavloff, its a real workflow interruption, if you are in a groove and reopen PA - it has defaulted to C Major.
    Ps great job on the AU... just when I was thinking it couldn’t get much better....

It’s not working for me Jim. It keeps the key intact if you are opening and closing the generate window and playing with the other parameters etc - but if you hide the app in AUM by pressing the x at the top right whilst PA is playing, then come back to it (still whilst it is playing) by tapping on its icon to open it up..... the option to generate has reverted to C chromatic, requiring it to be reset if you want to stay in the same key.

Please confirm your installed PA version (I've just tested and it works fine in AUM).

Hi yes- it’s the latest 1.2 PA opened as an AUv3. I tried it in an old Air1 and an Air2 with the latest OS- results the same each time. In order to lose the scale you have to press the orange cross to shut the app in AUM - then reopen it (with it all still playing) the scale has reverted back to C chromatic. It only happens when you close it then reopen it.. it happens like clockwork every time for me.

• @d4d0ug said:

@espiegel123 said:

@d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:

@jimpavloff said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Yep, doesn’t look like automation works at all (in AUM) using parameters. Looks like it still responds to midi routed directly to it

Just tested with Cutoff parameter from AUM and it seems to work fine: when I move it, the Cutoff knob in the UI moves too, and vice versa, with reaction to the sound. What do you mean it doesn't work at all?

Ok, sorry I should have been more specific.

If I add say Rozetta LFO as a midi device, and use this Midi ctrl device in AUM, and then Midi learn against a parameter in the Midi Ctrl, and press play... the LFO doesn’t affect the parameter in PA.

Sorry hope that makes more sense!

And yes it does seem to work if you expose the parameter to the mixer view of AUM - just not via automation... unless I’m wildly mistaken.

It would probably help Jim if you could post a short video.

iPhone video....

Anyone managed to map to parameters in AUM using the Midi ctrl settings ?

In this video you are doing everything correct expect one thing: open Midi Route in AUM and assign Rozetta -> Midi Control (Built-IN) from a matrix. Then Learn will work on the PA's parameter (should lit green and show CC number).

• @robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@RajahP said:

Nice..🙏

Hi yes- it’s the latest 1.2 PA opened as an AUv3. I tried it in an old Air1 and an Air2 with the latest OS- results the same each time. In order to lose the scale you have to press the orange cross to shut the app in AUM - then reopen it (with it all still playing) the scale has reverted back to C chromatic. It only happens when you close it then reopen it.. it happens like clockwork every time for me.

The latest is 1.2.1. Please check again, in PA's standalone -> Settings -> General -> Version Info.

• @AudioGus said:

@anickt said:

Poison knobs don’t animate either (in NS2 or BM3). Unfortunately I tend to not use apps that don’t animate the knobs. :/. It is nice to just jump into a session and see what is going on right away.

Not sure about Poison yet, but in PA this is to be fixed in the next update.

• @jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:

@RajahP said:

Nice..🙏

The latest is 1.2.1. Please check again, in PA's standalone -> Settings -> General -> Version Info.

Hi- sorry about that 😀 you are right, I only had 12.0 installed, I was sure I had only installed the new one earlier this morning, anyway it’s all good on that front now I have 12.1 🤗
    One other thing I noticed that I’m not quite with it on- when you set a scale in the generate box, then come out and turn the pitch dial knob, I was hoping for the note to go up and down to the next note in the scale? I can see in the window that it goes up in semitones increments so when I return to the window the scale has changed to something else. Would it be possible to add some sort of scale lock in order that the chosen scale remains when the pitch dial is turned?

• @jimpavloff : program change event on midi channel 10 are still not changing the drum pattern in the AU. They do work in the standalone.

Also, it still seems like PA standalone isn’t responding to MIDI from AUM until after bring PA to the front once after which it responds perfectly in the background.

• Really like using this as an AU and changing basic pitch on multiple instances to get chords. Excellent update for an excellent app!

• @jimpavloff said:

@AudioGus said:

@anickt said:

Not sure about Poison yet, but in PA this is to be fixed in the next update.

Sweet! Thanks! :)

• In AUM you can add Pure Acid as a midi unit, but it doesn’t appear in the midi output section of the midi patchbay matrix.

• Here’s a good video from Dean / Electronisounds showing how to use Rozeta xox for sequencing drums when making Acid grooves.

• Automation works great on apeMatrix, no way in AUM.

• edited December 2019

@jolico said:
    In AUM you can add Pure Acid as a midi unit, but it doesn’t appear in the midi output section of the midi patchbay matrix.

Yep.. I guess Midi-Out is yet to be implemented?

That would make PA even more interesting... 😎

• Maybe I’m wrong but I really can’t see the benefit to get this app.
    I have all stuff since many years to make crazy acid sound with Rozeta bassline paired with Troublemaker processed with many FX apps.
    All the demo I listened about Pure acid doesn’t attract me.

I said Bramboss many times to implement the VARIATION option from Troublemaker APPS to get implemented into the AUV3 troublemaker but he doesn’t respond for that request WTF 😞🤬
    If he can make implement this essential function and if it can be MIDI assigned OMFG we have the perfect acid sequencer but... he doesn’t... 😠
    It’s a shame, really. I can’t understand this
    Sam Izrael on FB iPad musicians page said me PA has a better low end than Troublemaker...

• I said Bramboss many times to implement the VARIATION option from Troublemaker APPS to get implemented into the AUV3 troublemaker but he doesn’t respond for that request WTF 😞🤬

Maybe he doesn't understand what you are asking for. I certainly don't.

• @pauly said:

I said Bramboss many times to implement the VARIATION option from Troublemaker APPS to get implemented into the AUV3 troublemaker but he doesn’t respond for that request WTF 😞🤬

Maybe he doesn't understand what you are asking for. I certainly don't.

I think he means the variation button in the troublemaker sequencer. Bassline has mutations and random but not the variation button.

I’ve not used the standalone troublemaker sequencer so can’t vouch for what ‘variation’ does exactly. But it must be different to random and mutate I guess.

• @Hkor said:
    Maybe I’m wrong but I really can’t see the benefit to get this app.
    I have all stuff since many years to make crazy acid sound with Rozeta bassline paired with Troublemaker processed with many FX apps.
    All the demo I listened about Pure acid doesn’t attract me.

If he can make implement this essential function and if it can be MIDI assigned OMFG we have the perfect acid sequencer but... he doesn’t... 😠
    It’s a shame, really. I can’t understand this
    Sam Izrael on FB iPad musicians page said me PA has a better low end than Troublemaker...

If the demo patches don’t do anything for you, well done. You have passed the drug test squeaky clean. :smiley:

Just use the one you like best.
    If it turns out to be a good decision, great.
    If it turns out to be a bad decision, try again with your newly gained knowledge.

• Has anyone else noticed that it Pure Acid appears to be clipping? Here’s a photo of a basic kick pattern in AudioShare:

• @Simianmindwave_14 said:
    Has anyone else noticed that it Pure Acid appears to be clipping? Here’s a photo of a basic kick pattern in AudioShare:

That is BD's attack, which is about twice louder than the rest of the sample when attack turned to the max, just like the original gear waveform.

• @jolico said:
    In AUM you can add Pure Acid as a midi unit, but it doesn’t appear in the midi output section of the midi patchbay matrix.

Auv3 version does not support Midi Out, and is not even planned - Apple's audio unit midi out framework seems "strange" to me and not compatible with the way PA is built.

• @robosardine said:
    Here’s a good video from Dean / Electronisounds showing how to use Rozeta xox for sequencing drums when making Acid grooves.

That’s great. Thanks for posting. Nice explanation on how to make a reasonably fluid live jam from a pretty simple set up. Could all be done without any of the hardware just using apps really (maybe a couple of external midi controllers might be useful).

It also took me right back to the MegaDog gigs circa early 90s in the UK. Once the live acts had finished it was basically that for about 4 hours solid. These days I might have to have a sit down after about 10 minutes.

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff

Thanks so much for the ultra quick update. Unbelievably fast.

Yesterday evening I loaded PA into NS2 and noticed that it wouldn’t automate. Today it’s updated and it does.

That’s a pretty amazing feedback loop!

• @jimpavloff said:

@Simianmindwave_14 said:
    Has anyone else noticed that it Pure Acid appears to be clipping? Here’s a photo of a basic kick pattern in AudioShare:

That is BD's attack, which is about twice louder than the rest of the sample when attack turned to the max, just like the original gear waveform.

Oh I see. Thanks for the feedback. Excellent app by the way.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : program change event on midi channel 10 are still not changing the drum pattern in the AU. They do work in the standalone.

Also, it still seems like PA standalone isn’t responding to MIDI from AUM until after bring PA to the front once after which it responds perfectly in the background.

Try midi channel #11. If it is the reason, then I'll fix it to be 10.

• @espiegel123 said:

Just tested to send midi notes in AUM: Rozetta -> PA(standalone). Works right from the preset load, even without opening PA view. What is your setup?

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : program change event on midi channel 10 are still not changing the drum pattern in the AU. They do work in the standalone.

That’s it. In the AU, it is using MIDI Channel 11 for drums.

Here is a video demonstrating MIDI CC control only working after switching from AUM to PA and back. The audio cutting out was a screen capture glitch. There were no audio problems in real-time:

Running iOS 12.3.1 on iPad Gen 6

• @espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

Here is a video demonstrating MIDI CC control only working after switching from AUM to PA and back. The audio cutting out was a screen capture glitch. There were no audio problems in real-time:

Try to use Inter-App Audio port instead of Virtual of Pure Acid in the matrix. For me, Virtual port gets disconnected after AUM start and preset load, and when I user IAA port, everything seem to work ok and no need to switch to view either.

• @jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@espiegel123 said:

Try to use Inter-App Audio port instead of Virtual of Pure Acid in the matrix. For me, Virtual port gets disconnected after AUM start and preset load, and when I user IAA port, everything seem to work ok and no need to switch to view either.

That solves it. BTW, I was using the virtual midi port because in the initial release I was having better luck with virtual midi. But this works. Awesome!

• Pseudo Polyphonic 303