Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• edited September 2019

Oh shit, this is huge. The only thing is how to get a recording of it without using external gear. I'm still cool with it if it's just an endless tinkerstation, especially cause I don't know what the near future for IAA holds and if it's worth the developer's time. This is a case where IAA would seem necessary since iOS couldn't handle the AU.

But I'll let the geniuses figure that out, I'm just gonna go play with the MI modules. Weee!

• @gfcalvi said:
    "It would probably be a good idea to establish its own category on Patchstorage."

+1

@gfcalvi I asked the dev about patch storage last week he said after the release he was considering talking to them about setting up a account

• Wish I had sick days ...

• @kinkujin said:
    Wish I had sick days ...

"I fell down the stairs and tore my Achilles. Surgery required. C ya in 2 weeks!"

• hehehe Oh, i think i have a stomach ache in my head. Sorry ...

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh shit, this is huge. The only thing is how to get a recording of it without using external gear. I'm still cool with it if it's just an endless tinkerstation, especially cause I don't know what the near future for IAA holds and if it's worth the developer's time. This is a case where IAA would seem necessary since iOS couldn't handle the AU.

But I'll let the geniuses figure that out, I'm just gonna go play with the MI modules. Weee!

@Michael has committed to keeping audiobus functional even if IAA goes away. So, AB audio out is the way for the dev to go IMO

• Wow that was fast! Like drambo x 1000000 fast

• @espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Michael has committed to keeping audiobus functional even if IAA goes away. So, AB audio out is the way for the dev to go IMO

Cool, that's great to know.

• edited September 2019

@auxmux said:

@Carnbot said:
    Is there a way to send midi to the app from the same ipad yet? Or is that coming later?

Yes, core midi is supported. Audiobus midi out also worked.

ah great thanks :)
    looking forward to any other connections, Audiobus/IAA etc
    AU looking doubtful but hopefully multiple Audio out.

So far this is great for a second ipad feeding into a primary ipad or a laptop :)

• Impressive and fun to use. Where can I find presets ? I assume that there is a possibility to download some presets from a centralized bank !

• @Carnbot said:
    @auxmux said:

@Carnbot said:
    Is there a way to send midi to the app from the same ipad yet? Or is that coming later?

Yes, core midi is supported. Audiobus midi out also worked.

ah great thanks :)
    looking forward to any other connections, Audiobus/IAA etc
    AU looking doubtful but hopefully multiple Audio out.

So far this is great for a second ipad feeding into a primary ipad or a laptop :)

Exactly how I plan to use it.

• edited September 2019

One thing i noticed or didn’t figure out yet is that in the desktop vcv, u can have more than one cable coming out of an ouput. I guess u have to use a multiples module with this one.

Great job with this to the dev.

• @paradiddle said:
    One thing i noticed or didn’t figure out yet is that in the desktop vcv, u can have more than one cable coming out of an ouput. I guess u have to use a multiples module with this one.

Multiple cables works. Just initiate your connection from an empty jack or it thinks you want to move the existing cable.

• Just repeating my post from the other thread.....

Great job and it’s working good over here. Even being sequenced with external hardware (Cirklon via USB).

• Here is my demo and review of this gamechanger app - Youtube
    Also if you are newcomer in VCV Rack world don't hesitate to check out my channel, I share some VCV tricks and tutorials each week.

• edited September 2019

@thinds said:

@bleep said:
    Oh, this is from the Soundgrid developer! A blast from the past :-) Maybe among my first 5 apps, next to Thumbjam, Jasuto and those from the early days.

Did you know SoundGrid reappeared in the store a couple of months back?

Wow didn't expect people still remember it:)
    I got a new job recently, developing DJ software for iOS, and while preparing to demo my old projects I saw (again) all the great tracks people created and published in SoundGrid and I thought it would be a shame to lose them, so just quickly updated to work on new iOS versions and devices without any other changes. I'll make it free for now as it's way too outdated by the current standards.

Will answer other questions (if any) later, I need some sleep.

• edited September 2019

Great work on bringing this to the platform. I think this also could entice more audio people into the iOS world too. :)
    I wonder if an ableton Link module is possible?

• @Carnbot said:
    Great work on bringing this to the platform. I think this also could entice more audio people into the iOS world too. :)
    I wonder is an ableton Link module is possible?

This would be fantastic. I plan to use on a separate iPad so that would be perfect.

• @auxmux said:

@Carnbot said:
    I wonder is an ableton Link module is possible?

This would be fantastic. I plan to use on a separate iPad so that would be perfect.

Just checked and there is Link module available for vcv rack https://cdm.link/2018/01/make-free-vcv-rack-modular-work-ableton-link/

so hopefully that can be ported if it's open source :)

• @Carnbot said:

There's already an open source VCV module for this, so yep! It's just up to @mifki to add it in a future version.

https://github.com/stellare-modular/vcv-link

• @mogue said:

@Carnbot said:

There's already an open source VCV module for this, so yep! It's just up to @mifki to add it in a future version.

https://github.com/stellare-modular/vcv-link

yeah just saw that, fingers crossed it'll be on the list :)

• edited September 2019

@paradiddle said:

Multiple cables works. Just initiate your connection from an empty jack or it thinks you want to move the existing cable.

Wooot ?? Multiple cables from same out are possible ?! Amaaziing !!

• Great! Dudn’t try that. Thanks

@_mwallace said:

@paradiddle said:

• @dendy said:

@paradiddle said:

Wooot ?? Multiple cables from same out are possible ?! Amaaziing !!

Didn’t got to that until I saw Vitaly posting a preview screenie. Awesome stuff multicable... it’s a thing! It’s a feature 💪🏼

• @kinkujin said:
    Wish I had sick days ...

I can see more “Working From Home” in my future ...

• Oooo man, I’ve got some reverse engineering to do. My first foray into modular.

• edited September 2019

If it gets a monsoon of patches I’ll dive in.

• Any plans to open it up for third party commercial module development (purchased via IAP?)
    I imagine it’d be worthy of an app-store feature listing after it’s updated with audio connectivity, especially if a module eco-system starts taking off.

I actually prefer the hands on feel of working on the tablet version and could easily see myself spending more for modules than I have on desktop VCV.

• Yes please hook us rookie up with some presets haha

• @bleep said:
    Oh, this is from the Soundgrid developer! A blast from the past :-) Maybe among my first 5 apps, next to Thumbjam, Jasuto and those from the early days.

I noticed the same. Loved that app, along with the newer SG Live version.